https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGSproutSocial - Easy to use and effective. Save yourself some time and utilize Sprout.SproutSocial is used by every employee within the organization. We use it primarily to program content for clients' social media outlets. We focus primarily within the 'Publishing' section versus any other section. It allows us to manage our social content in a quick and easy way.,SproutSocial allows you to see the entire month when you look at what's scheduled. You are able to see exactly what days already have content. This makes it easier to program and allows you to make sure you don't double-program. The 'Reports' page is easy to read. Some analytics tools can be overwhelming or very confusing. SproutSocial makes it easy to see the analytics for each outlet that your organization controls. It's also easy to export all the data - this is especially helpful when printing off analytics for clients.,You cannot schedule content for LinkedIn through SproutSocial. Some of our clients want to post to LinkedIn so it makes it harder. It would be easier to be able to use SproutSocial for everything. Only one employee at a time can be logged into SproutSocial. This is very difficult when several employees need to program for different clients. If another employee signs on while someone else is in the program, the first person on will be kicked off without warning. This often causes whatever project the employee was working on to be lost.,8,There has been an increase in employee efficiency by using this product. We are able to get on and plan quickly and easily. It takes less time than actually going onto the outlet and posting through the real site. This way, we are able to plan weeks, even months, ahead of time and that allows us to spend our time doing other things that are needed. Our clients have been able to see their social media results through SproutSocial Analytics. It's been a great tool to have and the clients really appreciate it. The analytics truly are in-depth and easy to read -- even for those who don't really have a huge grasp on the world of social media.,,9Sprout Social ReviewWe tested Sprout Social for 2 months after reviewing a slew of social media marketing tools. The detailed analysis across all social channels and the amount and type of data that was available was very helpful. We utilized the software for our own social media marketing as well as clients social media marketing. It helped us keep a central dashboard to manage many social media accounts for many different users.,Social Media Analytics Cross channel analysis for performance of social media campaigns Management of multiple social media accounts for multiple organizations,The pricing is cost prohibitive for resale to small to medium businesses,4,Increased Employee Efficiency Better follow up with leads,HootSuite Pro,Buffer,1Sprout social is a must have for social media masters!I love how easy this tool is to use, it has really taken our social media efforts to the next level. The Publisher feature is helpful in posting simultaneously to LinkedIn and Twitter. The Reporting feature has be completely essential in tracking efforts in social media with gorgeous graphs and fantastic metric information. I would recommend Sprout to EVERYONE!,I haven't gotten in the habit of using tools other than the Reports and Publisher. Perhaps it's the feed that we have, but the other tools haven't been as useful.,We have been able to present the efforts of the Communications team easily to our Board, supporting the endeavor and leading to their understanding of this medium's importance. We have been able to better connect with our audience and have increased our understanding of followers.,10,2,10Misses the Mark for analyticsWe use sprout social to monitor our Facebook and Twitter profiles, ensuring all inquiries from customers are reviewed and answered in a timely manner.,Easy to learn Nice visual breakdown Easy to assign different users and assign tasks,Analytics reports are often wrong, not able to reliably use them. Demographic data for followers/fans usually differs from other sources Wish they supported more modules like LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. Difficult to separate out comments from Twitter and LinkedIn Wish it had more benchmarking data with others in the industry.,Better customer service Easy to get a quick overview of general conversation surrounding our brand. Easy to schedule posts for both Twitter and Facebook with built-in link shortening.,4,,2,2,4Sprout Social Dominates This SpaceWe're still in our free trial period of the premium version, but no doubt we'll be signing up to use it going forward. Right now it will be used by my marketing team at corporate to collect analytics from all of our 26 properties' social sites. It allows us to see who is posting the stories with the most engagement and understand what could be done company wide to increase social engagement.,Reporting - the detail and ease of use is SOOO amazing! UI - of all the products I've reviewed this is by far the cleanest and easiest UI. I've shared access with a few others on my team (some that aren't as tech savvy) and they find it very easy to use. Social engagement - they make it very easy to reply to comments, posts and tweets!,I'd like to have a report that breaks down the separate Facebook and Twitter metrics for each property. I can do this by going to each group separately, but it'd be ideal to do it from one master group. It'd be nice to be able to share the interactive report with someone through a URL link.,10,Nothing yet, since we just started using it. Social metrics is a big push this year for our broadcast and newspaper groups so being able to easily pull these into simple reports is going to be amazing. For new businesses we're starting it will be a great way to track what is resonating with people and what isn't.,Hootsuite Enterprise,Engagor,9
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Sprout Social
Top Rated Award
Filter 259 vetted Sprout Social reviews and ratings
Mckenzie Masters profile photo
June 02, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "SproutSocial - Easy to use and effective. Save yourself some time and utilize Sprout."

• SproutSocial allows you to see the entire month when you look at what's scheduled. You are able to see exactly what days already have content. This makes it easier to program and allows you to make sure you don't double-program.
  • The 'Reports' page is easy to read. Some analytics tools can be overwhelming or very confusing. SproutSocial makes it easy to see the analytics for each outlet that your organization controls. It's also easy to export all the data - this is especially helpful when printing off analytics for clients.
  • You cannot schedule content for LinkedIn through SproutSocial. Some of our clients want to post to LinkedIn so it makes it harder. It would be easier to be able to use SproutSocial for everything.
  • Only one employee at a time can be logged into SproutSocial. This is very difficult when several employees need to program for different clients. If another employee signs on while someone else is in the program, the first person on will be kicked off without warning. This often causes whatever project the employee was working on to be lost.
SproutSocial is definitely more suited for those who have to manage many different pages. For our organization, we have 10 different clients so we have a lot to manage. SproutSocial makes it easy to post content for each client and make sure that everyone is covered. If there aren't a lot of pages necessary, then it wouldn't be that hard to just post the content organically versus through an outlet. Analytics on this website are easy to read so it makes it easy to give out to clients if necessary.
Read Mckenzie Masters's full review
Steve Kaplan profile photo
September 16, 2014

"Sprout Social Review"

• Social Media Analytics
  • Cross channel analysis for performance of social media campaigns
  • Management of multiple social media accounts for multiple organizations
  • The pricing is cost prohibitive for resale to small to medium businesses
Sprout Social is great for enterprise customers, and customers with ample per-user marketing budgets who want to zoom in on social media marketing. It'll be difficult for smaller organizations to prove ROI in the short term using Sprout Social. Key questions to ask during the selection process are about budgetary constraints as well as whether or not organizations are reselling the software.
Read Steve Kaplan's full review
Rebecca Hellwig profile photo
November 07, 2014

Review: "Sprout social is a must have for social media masters!"

• I love how easy this tool is to use, it has really taken our social media efforts to the next level.
  • The Publisher feature is helpful in posting simultaneously to LinkedIn and Twitter.
  • The Reporting feature has be completely essential in tracking efforts in social media with gorgeous graphs and fantastic metric information. I would recommend Sprout to EVERYONE!
  • I haven't gotten in the habit of using tools other than the Reports and Publisher. Perhaps it's the feed that we have, but the other tools haven't been as useful.
I've recommended this product to all colleagues involved in social media as an invaluable resource for tracking what we are doing that is successful and less so. I love its ease of use!
Read Rebecca Hellwig's full review
Rachel Jensen profile photo
May 08, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Misses the Mark for analytics"

• Easy to learn
  • Nice visual breakdown
  • Easy to assign different users and assign tasks
  • Analytics reports are often wrong, not able to reliably use them. Demographic data for followers/fans usually differs from other sources
  • Wish they supported more modules like LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
  • Difficult to separate out comments from Twitter and LinkedIn
  • Wish it had more benchmarking data with others in the industry.
If the business is primarily concerned with their social media presence as a customer service portal, or they have a very active community and need to monitor responses in real-time.
Read Rachel Jensen's full review
Jeff Cowens, MBA profile photo
March 21, 2014

User Review: "Sprout Social Dominates This Space"

• Reporting - the detail and ease of use is SOOO amazing!
  • UI - of all the products I've reviewed this is by far the cleanest and easiest UI. I've shared access with a few others on my team (some that aren't as tech savvy) and they find it very easy to use.
  • Social engagement - they make it very easy to reply to comments, posts and tweets!
  • I'd like to have a report that breaks down the separate Facebook and Twitter metrics for each property. I can do this by going to each group separately, but it'd be ideal to do it from one master group.
  • It'd be nice to be able to share the interactive report with someone through a URL link.
Becasue of its relatively low cost I think it could be used in a variety of situations.
Read Jeff Cowens, MBA's full review
Michelle Hebert profile photo
November 15, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social Has Plenty of Room for Growth"

• Sprout allows me to schedule all of my Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+ posts (including photos) from the Messaging module.
  • Sprout also allows me to use an RSS Feed to push blog posts to my Twitter account automatically.
  • With the discovery tool, Sprout allows me to search for new customers with keywords or phrases.
  • "Cleanup" allows me to see which Twitter users are inactive and who isn't following back so I can prioritize who to engage with.
  • The Twitter Comparison tool allows me to compare my twitter account to competitor accounts, allowing me to keep an eye on what kind of content engages our market the most.
  • Sprout might see a vast increase in their number of clients if they implemented the ability to link a Pinterest account. Also, (and I know I'm reaching really far with this one), if Sprout paired up with Pinterest and implemented a batch upload tool for Pins in their scheduling module-I would do so much happy dancing. SO MUCH DANCING.
  • Facebook Reports: Vague. For example, on my current facebook report I see "Facebook Impressions" and beneath that, the word "Check-In" and the number 2.2k. What is a Facebook Check-In? How does that information help me? Perhaps developers could take a look at implementing the new Facebook Insights into the SS reports. Here's what I want to know when I see my report--Who shares and likes our content the most? Who should I reach out to? Let me link Facebook contests so I can get a specific report on how the contest is doing and how many fans we're engaging.
  • Twitter Reports: Also vague. I want to see who shares our content the most. I see how many mentions and retweets I received, but that just strokes my ego. What I want to know is--who should I keep reaching out to and engaging with and who am I annoying? ;)
  • Google Analytics: Doesn't show correct information. Mine doesn't allow me to plug in a date past March 13, 2013 for report purposes. It also continues to tell me that it "doesn't have any data for me yet." Could be a glitch on my end though so I can't say fairly either way.
  • LinkedIn and Google+: I don't personally use LinkedIn or Google+ very much, but it makes sense to me that if you're offering reports for Facebook and Twitter, perhaps reports should be included for those two platforms as well.
  • It'd be great to add Facebook and Linkedin to the Discovery section so we're not just limited to finding new Twitter users. Also, it would be amazing if, when new people were suggested as connections for us, their Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and/or Pinterest accounts were all available as options to follow/like/connect with in just a few clicks. That might be a little too creepy to implement, but it would be soooo nice. ;)
  • Currently, the RSS Feed can only push my blog content to Twitter and it would be really great if I had the option to push it to Facebook and/or to Google+ and LinkedIn as well. (And Pinterest. Am I pushing too much? Pin-ter-est. Pin-ter-est. Pin-ter-est!) *Really though, Pinterest drives five times the traffic of all other social media platforms to our website. It just makes sense to get in on it!)
  • Why is there no Facebook comparison tool?
If you manage only one social media account and you mainly use Facebook and Twitter, this might benefit you. Scheduling posts ahead of time and pushing your blog posts to Twitter are both nice time-saving features.
Read Michelle Hebert's full review
Jencey Keeton profile photo
October 28, 2013

User Review: "Sprout Social as a Social Care Tool"

• Sprout Social provides almost real time access to our customer comments and posts across Twitter, Facebook, blogs and other online searches.
  • Our entire Social Care team is able to use Sprout globally to respond to customers and assign tasks to other users. We are also able to segment our fans into lists, identify customers and more.
  • The Analytics section in Sprout does an amazing job of providing the proper KPI's for our company. Whether you need to know the efficiency of our Engagement, speed to response, popular posts or channel growth the reports are all there.
  • We have had a very good relationship with our account manager. They are sensitive to our unique use cases and work with us to find solutions. We are also very excited for the Enterprise version of Sprout to be released.
  • Sprout's easy to use Inbox makes it easy for us to respond to comments, archive them and categorize responses.
  • We would really like Sprout to add Sentiment to the listening portion.
  • It would also be nice if Sprout had labels so we could further categorize the social comments and posts.
  • Due to the Facebook API we don't believe that the Engagement score shown by our Care Team is always accurate.
I would ask what they are using this tool for? If they are looking for a social response and engagement tool then I would highly recommend Sprout. If they are looking for a Social listening platform I would more than likely recommend another tool. Also, it depends on budget. This is great for small businesses or companies that are not ready for an enterprise platform.
Read Jencey Keeton's full review
Wayne Pua profile photo
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Great for covering the basics."

• Analytics on interactions.
  • Scheduling posts.
  • Shows interaction history.
  • Would like to see if they can get Pinterest/Instagram.
  • Would be interested to see if they could manage ads within the system.
  • The mobile app isn't fluid. Much easier to use Facebook's Page Manager and Twitter's app to manage multiple accounts from mobile.
  • Would like to see if they can get more analytics on followers and fans (what things they are talking about, other Facebook pages they like, etc). Maybe more integration tools with a company's website API.
Do you just want to monitor, schedule, and get efficient reporting tools? Use Sprout Social or Hootsuite. If you want something more in depth into understanding your customers more, there are others out there that might be a little more expensive but could be worth every penny.
Read Wayne Pua's full review
Lisa Kribs-LaPierre profile photo
October 25, 2013

Review: "Clean, concise and reliable - Sprout Social is where it's at"

• One of the first things I noticed about Sprout was its extremely reliable publishing module. It never faltered in the 18+ months that I've used, and is easy to navigate to for updating already scheduled tweets (for example).
  • The reporting module is beautiful. Very clear findings on the exact items I look to report on - plus the export to pdf function is really cool.
  • I actually really like Sprout Social's blog and social messaging. Not salesy and provides value to my research and trend watching. Whoever is managing their community does a great job at coming across as authentic, vs. just trying to get people to sign up for their webinar.
  • I've always hoped to have a better friend/follower function on Sprout. I like being able to see who's not following back, or who is idle, but in more of a batch setting vs. the long scrolling list they have now. Just the ability to clean house a little better
  • Sometimes swithcing between users/accounts is tricky - it isn't always obvious to me what data i'm looking at for which client so that can sometimes be a little nerve wracking. Maybe just a clearer client/user toggle than the small area in the top right.
I'm frequently asked about social tools and it's usually Sprout. Unless they are focused on really heavy-lifting research and data, I recommend Radian6 - but Sprout is a really decent all around product.
Read Lisa Kribs-LaPierre's full review
Katherine Weider profile photo
November 01, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Sprout Satisfaction | Give It A Try!"

• Scheduling Posts. I trust that the posts I create will be posted at the scheduled time without having to worry that an error will take place. This ensures that I post at time that offer the most engagement with my brands' followers.
  • Analytics. I like the easy-to-read layout of its stats. It gives me the opportunity to track what posts are working, thus increasing followers and engagement with existing fans.
  • Management of Multiple Brands. Working on several different brands at one time can be difficult, however, Sprout lays everything out in a clear manner, reducing the risk of overlooking a fan comment or writing on the wrong brand medium.
  • More simplistic layout. With all the green, it can be a lot to take if using Sprout all day.
  • Something that shows you what competitors are posting throughout the day.
  • A buzz feed of sorts that make users aware of the top news going on for that day.
I would strongly advise my colleagues to use Sprout Social. The first question I would ask, however, is the amount of brands they are managing. If it's only one or two, I might recommend using something of a lower degree - one that's less complex. Sprout Social is targeted for businesses with lots of clients looking for some order and consistency in the management of their brands. If that is the case, I would highly recommend Sprout to them.
Read Katherine Weider's full review
Thane Clark profile photo
October 29, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "If You're Not Using This Product, You Should Be!"

• Sprout Social is an amazing tool! I was able to manage several different social profiles in one, easy to use interface.
  • The scheduling feature was my favorite. I would log on everyday and schedule all the posts that needed to go out that day. I never had to worry about the posts the rest of the day. The features were advanced and the different posting options were abundant. One of the best schedule tools on the market now.
  • I also really loved the analytic tools. The information that it tracks is unbelievable. The detail associated with these reports really helps you understand whats happening on your social networks and helps you make decisions.
  • I only used the standard edition of Sprout Social so the features I wanted were available, they just came in a different plan. You can still do so many great things in the standard edition and if you need that added functionality, then you can upgrade your plan.
  • Honestly, no complaints! Sprout Social fulfilled all my various and basic needs.
One of the great things about Sprout Social is how user friendly the tool is. My biggest recommendation would be to just sign up and play around with it. After 30 minutes of messing around with the tool, I had most of the features figured out. There are also tons of great videos out there via YouTube. If you'd like a demonstration, you can contact Sprout Social and they will set up some time with you and one of their product specialists. Lastly, if you run into any problems, you can contact their customer service team and they will help you with anything. They are quick to respond and they are thorough in they're explanations.
Read Thane Clark's full review
Megan Gallagher profile photo
October 29, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Optimized Our Social Media Team- Saves Team Time, Proves Value To Clients"

• Reporting on Sprout is comprehensive and fast. Working with clients who don't understand the ROI of social media, these reports are very helpful to prove the success and value we bring. They are also a great way for us to analyze what our audience looks like, what time of day they respond, what types of content they respond to and more. We can use this data to adjust our social media strategy.
  • The ability to export reports with a customized logo is great. Prior to using Sprout it took us at least a half and hour or more to pull Facebook and Twitter reports and analyze them in one document. Now we can simply select the dates, add our logo and export monthly reports to a nice PDF.
  • The mobile app is amazing! Not only can you switch through your groups of accounts, you can post to all networks (Which is perfect for live tweeting) and notify clients of any negative comments or feedback on the go. Our clients are impressed at how fast we alert them to these and it's all due to Blast and the inbox feed.
  • The ability to schedule a recurring post saves us so much time especially with Twitter since we want to push the message there continuously.
  • Smart search is by far the best way to connect with relevant brands and businesses on Twitter. Easy way to search, see their profile and follow them all in one place.
  • The reporting could definitely provide more data. Specifically the percentage increase month over month on engagement, fans, etc. These are great stats to show clients. More reporting on Facebook advertising campaign success would be great as well.
  • Suggested posts and topics would be nice. This is a feature other Social media management softwares offer and I think it would help keep things fresh as many times it gets hard to continue to create new, unique posts.
  • I think there is room for improvement on search terms and making sure the inbox is listing all mentions of the brand that may have not specifically tagged the brands handle.
  • Bringing reputation management help in the future would make it a more complete management system.
I would say it is a great user experience, easy to learn and use and perfect price for smaller companies. It is perfect for a small business who wants more insight on the demographics of their social audience as well as agencies who are trying to prove the value of their work on social media to their clients. It is an organized platform that is even great to use on the go for real time posts.
Read Megan Gallagher's full review
Danielle Marshall profile photo
October 29, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "SPROUTisfaction"

• I loved the overall interface of Sprout Social. I found the dashboard easy to navigate, especially important when you're managing multiple profiles for clients.
  • The mobile app is a great extension of the desktop version; I greatly appreciated this feature since I would work off of an iPad and iPhone while on the go.
  • If I ever had a question or wanted to change my plan, customer service reps were knowledgeable and easily accessible.
  • Sprout’s reports are very detailed and thorough, providing fantastic metrics for my clients.
  • At the time I was subscribing to Sprout, there were only a few of the social networks integrated into the software. I imagine by now, that is no longer the case.
  • The subscription cost was a little high, compared to Hootsuite.
By now if someone is already working in the industry they are most likely familiar with the other platforms like Hootsuite, so why not give Sprout a try? When using Sprout, everything you need is right at your fingertips. It's kind of cool how much you end up learning about about your audience, and then easily use that information to engage with them right from the dashboard.
Read Danielle Marshall's full review
Ashley Rudolph profile photo
October 28, 2013

User Review: "Reasons Why I Love Sprout Social!"

• I find Sprout Social's Keyword tracking tool particularly useful. It helps me communicate with others who are talking about our brand.
  • I love Sprout Social's social media reports. They are visually appealing and easy to digest. I also love the option to download our data into excel for use in our own internal social media dashboard.
  • Sometimes the program loads a little slow, which makes it hard for me to jump right into my work.
I'd ask what platform they're using now, what their budget is, what features were most important to them when selecting an SM dashboard, how many team members will be using the platform, if they're tracking brand keywords and how, how often they interact on social media, and if they're tracking social media analytics.
Read Ashley Rudolph's full review
Callie Johnson profile photo
October 28, 2013

"Sprout Social Review: Social Media Management on Steroids"

• I used the 30-day version for another client in August 2013. The 30-day window was nearly sufficient testing ground. However, I was at a social media conference during part of that time.
  • Dashboard - Unparalleled, intuitive, teachable.
  • Impressive customer service team - "Team Social".
  • Cross-platform, one-stop-shop for Facebook, Google+ Pages only, LinkedIn and Twitter.
  • Analytics at a glance.
  • Given the ultimate cost of $39 per user, a 45-60 window would have helped me dig into the product and "sell" it to the five brands that were formerly under my purview.
  • Pinterest and Instagram capabilities would have nicely rounded out the product as a one-stop shop.
  • A mobile app would be awesome.
  • I envision a Klout-like ability to search for influential Twitter users. This would be fantastic.
I would advise a colleague to do the following before signing up for a trial:

(1) Start by researching Sprout Social's success in your market.

(2) Secure buy-in from senior management before day 1 of the trial. Your research and behind-the-scenes interviews with other users - and Sprout's customer service team - will serve you well in making an informed decision. Also, the $39/user cost should factor into your planning at this stage.

(3) After #1 and #2 are in place, go into your trial full steam. Don't test Sprout Social with other options. This will only confuse you.

(4) Every day during the trial, track your productivity while assessing the product's teachability if you will be using Sprout with your team or other employees in your organization. I think it's critical to have at least one tech savvy team member in your corner to ensure a seamless and successful, implementation.

(5) After the trial, talk with customer service about any issues that may have come up during your trial. They may be able to work with you on customizing Sprout to meet your requirements.
Read Callie Johnson's full review
Amos Orr profile photo
October 26, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Great Reporting and Time Saver"

• I enjoy the integration with facebook, twitter, google+ and google analytics.
  • I has a great reporting function that can be exported to a CSV, or PDF (info graphic style).
  • You can multiple accounts on the platform easily.
  • I use a widget on the Chrome browser that allows me to quickly share content and webpages through tweets or google+
  • It has a nice scheduling function for publishing.
  • Allows you to save searches for specific terms, hashtags or profiles.
  • You can compare twitter accounts to competitors.
  • Support is helpful and quick to respond.
  • In general, I prefer using Hootesuite for twitter monitoring since it can show me multiple feeds and searches on one screen.
  • It could use more Social Media channels such as Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
I primarily use Sprout Social for reporting, which is very thorough, and a good bit of Twitter publishing. However I have complimented it by using Hootsuite to monitor my custom groups and various searches. I do not use it to publish to Facebook, because Facebook's algorithm does not reward you for third party publishing apps. Don't let the cost of the subscription scare you, I was able to try it free for a month to see if it would benefit me before committing.
Read Amos Orr's full review
Allison Young profile photo
October 25, 2013

User Review: "Fan of Sprout Social"

• I like being able to see engagement for all my social brands at a quick glance.
  • Sending out messages is incredibly easy.
  • Customizing my message screen has been a breeze and we're engaging with more people now than ever.
  • If they could add LinkedIn functionality for business pages, it'd make my life easier.
Sprout Social has been a godsend for me. To have all my analytics at my fingertips and be able to send out messages across a variety of platforms helps in a big way when my day already gets too crowded. More desktop functionality could be added to the mobile app, but overall, I'm a huge fan of Sprout Social and can't recommend it highly enough.
Read Allison Young's full review
Michael Cousineau profile photo

"Sprout Social Review"

• In my position as a social strategist, I had to handle multiple clients and social channels. Sprout Social allowed me to effectively and efficiently create and publish multiple posts on multiple social touch-points.
  • Handling multiple clients and multiple social channels creates some confusion and can be very overwhelming. Sprout Social allowed me to focus on one client at a time. I was able to craft posts and create a time release schedule for these posts. I would take a couple days to manage the posting and the timing, while the other days were filled with monitoring and managing the channels user content.
  • Monitoring was made easy by Sprout Social. I had to make weekly and monthly reports to my clients and I was able to use Sprout Social's monitoring tools and interface to see what each post was doing for my client. It was easy to use and very easy to understand.
  • A review option would be beneficial. Just to see how the post will look on whatever social channel was chosen. It's good to see how the sentences layout.
  • When you chose a client to manage, it would be nice to have it opened in its separate window so you don't confuse yourself with multiple clients.
  • I was dealing with international clients so maybe if there was a way to program that clients page to the desired timezone so I would know what time it was internationally so my postings don't go off at 2 in the morning.
I would tell them to first use it for one account and do some posting so you can understand what all the feature do. They would be able to see what these initial posts are doing for them and what needs to be changed. Then the more the use Sprout Social, the more they will familiarize themselves with it.
Read Michael Cousineau's full review
Steve Miller profile photo
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Everything you want in a social media management listening tool. Almost :)"

• Sprout Social streamlines our social marketing across all platforms. We have 50 social accounts spread across the United States and it allows me to manage all of them in one place.
  • Social listening is really simple with the smart inbox feature. We have over 2,000 incoming messages a week that all need a response. They're all delivered right to our Sprout inbox.
  • We are able to take the insights from the built-in reporting and make educated decisions about the marketing that is and is not working.
  • Sprout Queue is super cool and takes the guesswork out of the best times to post. We use it daily.
  • I would love to see an integration with Instagram. I know that Hootsuite has one, so as a direct competitor, integration would be great there.
  • One specific feature that I am not enamored with is that with our Bit.ly account, it doesn't count clicks per account - it aggregates all clicks for a post from all accounts and adds them up. This skews our reporting to the point that we haven't had good click information in a year and a half, except if we go to the very limited Bitly dashboard directly.
  • The pricing is steep for a medium-sized company with a bunch of users. It'd be great to see an affordable team package.
I would recommend they compare the ease-of-use with Hootsuite. I love the interface and it completely blows the competition out of the water in that regard.
Read Steve Miller's full review
Victoria Guerrero profile photo
October 25, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social Efficient For High Interaction"

• Tracking overall conversations.
  • Allowing for conversation filtering throughout social networks.
  • Allowing employees relevant to the social media conversation within the company to communicate.
  • A more comprehensive analytical view of the conversation.
I would ask that colleague to first and think about what exactly they use their social conversation for. Do they run Twitter contests? Are they asking users to RT posts in order to win a prize? Sprout social is invaluable for that sort of conversation, so they should consider whether they'll be partaking in a lot of social endeavors where they are listening for specific conversation. I would also want them to consider the size of their company as well as the size of their social network. If they are approx. <5,000 Twitter followers (or something similar, depending on their in industry), the may not need the tool quite yet and can probably manage until they've grown a bit more. However, if they have the resources at their company, I would say then purchase the product regardless of size.
Read Victoria Guerrero's full review
Alanna Howard profile photo
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Use Sprout when you need to report, measure and schedule engagement all in one place"

• Scheduling for multiple social media accounts.
  • Agile and swift in showing results for successful social campaigns.
  • Reporting is detailed, and easily share-able among team members.
  • The results captured in the reporting section can be insightful, but many seem out of context or unnecessary. Sprout needs to work more with users to understand what they want to be seeing from their social media, not providing numbers for the sake of reporting.
  • Needs to add support for more recent, but very popular social environments, including Pinterest and Google+
  • The ability to suggest tweets/posts based on past success, similar to an auto-fill in the draft stage, would be helpful. More analytics around what has worked, and insight into why, would make it a very valuable tool.
It is the leader in the social media managing market. For anyone beginning to measure their social impact, Sprout is the most affordable, scaleable tool to get your entire team on board measuring success and scheduling future engagement.
Read Alanna Howard's full review
Bryden McGrath profile photo
October 24, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Solid for Agency Use"

• I especially liked Sprout Social's ability to organize your followers into categories, such as Twitter users who aren't very active. This allows a brand to weed out inactive users.
  • Sprout Social's reports are basic, especially when compared to reports from Simply Measured. But they lay out solid information in a very attractive package, and the data is exportable and customizable.
  • Scheduling posts across mulitple networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) is simple, and the "Publishing" tab gives a nice outline of all your scheduled posts.
  • You can easily view your "history" with another Twitter user, not just a a recent conversation.
  • Reports are basic, and social networks like Instagram and YouTube are not included. If in-depth reporting is a need, you'll want to look elsewhere.
Read Bryden McGrath's full review
Steven Weitzman profile photo
January 13, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Don't Doubt Sprout"

• Tracking keywords.
  • Cross platform analysis.
  • Great GUI.
  • User friendly and easy to get into.
  • The ability to monitor activities on a wider number of social media outlets.
  • The ability to cross-post to a wider number of social media outlets.
I would recommend it based on the fact that it improves the overall customer experience with the brand.
Read Steven Weitzman's full review
Dave McDonald profile photo
January 13, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Sprout>Friday @ 5pm"

• Analytics.
  • Scheduling.
  • Task Management.
  • Social Discovery.
  • Smart Search.
  • Facebook Integration.
  • Bit Link compatibility across platforms.
  • No Pinterest Integration.
Sprout makes the life of any social media specialist 10x easier. It is a no-brainer. Wish it had Pinterest integration though.
Read Dave McDonald's full review
Lizzie Maldonado profile photo
August 13, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "SproutSocial — Stick to Reporting for a Satisfying Experience"

• SproutSocial provides highly detailed, visual PDF reports that answer all of your key social media analytics questions in one location. For us, this is invaluable as it's the dashboard of choice we use to show progress and results to all clients.
  • Social media scheduling is extremely bulky and time-consuming. Lightweight tools like Buffer for scheduling are much more convenient and efficient, even after the time it takes to switch tools.
  • It is not a one-size-fits-all-dashboard because the interface takes too much time to load most features — the functionality that allows users to find people to follow and connect with is slow and ineffective, and managing any type of back-and-forth communication is very frustrating. You are going to use multiple platforms if you use SproutSocial.
Read Lizzie Maldonado's full review

Boolean keyword searches (9)
Filtering out noise/spam (11)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (15)
Audience targeting (15)
Content optimization (12)
Workflow management (14)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (15)
Bulk actions (13)
Lead generation (11)
6.3
Content marketing (9)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (15)
Facebook (15)
LinkedIn (12)
Google+ (12)
Instagram (7)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (15)
Real-time tracking (14)
Competitor analysis (11)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (13)
Mobile access (13)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access