Sprout Social Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Lisa Kribs-LaPierre profile photo
  • One of the first things I noticed about Sprout was its extremely reliable publishing module. It never faltered in the 18+ months that I've used, and is easy to navigate to for updating already scheduled tweets (for example).
  • The reporting module is beautiful. Very clear findings on the exact items I look to report on - plus the export to pdf function is really cool.
  • I actually really like Sprout Social's blog and social messaging. Not salesy and provides value to my research and trend watching. Whoever is managing their community does a great job at coming across as authentic, vs. just trying to get people to sign up for their webinar.
  • I've always hoped to have a better friend/follower function on Sprout. I like being able to see who's not following back, or who is idle, but in more of a batch setting vs. the long scrolling list they have now. Just the ability to clean house a little better
  • Sometimes swithcing between users/accounts is tricky - it isn't always obvious to me what data i'm looking at for which client so that can sometimes be a little nerve wracking. Maybe just a clearer client/user toggle than the small area in the top right.
I'm frequently asked about social tools and it's usually Sprout. Unless they are focused on really heavy-lifting research and data, I recommend Radian6 - but Sprout is a really decent all around product.
Read Lisa Kribs-LaPierre's full review
Katherine Weider profile photo
  • Scheduling Posts. I trust that the posts I create will be posted at the scheduled time without having to worry that an error will take place. This ensures that I post at time that offer the most engagement with my brands' followers.
  • Analytics. I like the easy-to-read layout of its stats. It gives me the opportunity to track what posts are working, thus increasing followers and engagement with existing fans.
  • Management of Multiple Brands. Working on several different brands at one time can be difficult, however, Sprout lays everything out in a clear manner, reducing the risk of overlooking a fan comment or writing on the wrong brand medium.
  • More simplistic layout. With all the green, it can be a lot to take if using Sprout all day.
  • Something that shows you what competitors are posting throughout the day.
  • A buzz feed of sorts that make users aware of the top news going on for that day.
I would strongly advise my colleagues to use Sprout Social. The first question I would ask, however, is the amount of brands they are managing. If it's only one or two, I might recommend using something of a lower degree - one that's less complex. Sprout Social is targeted for businesses with lots of clients looking for some order and consistency in the management of their brands. If that is the case, I would highly recommend Sprout to them.
Read Katherine Weider's full review
Thane Clark profile photo
  • Sprout Social is an amazing tool! I was able to manage several different social profiles in one, easy to use interface.
  • The scheduling feature was my favorite. I would log on everyday and schedule all the posts that needed to go out that day. I never had to worry about the posts the rest of the day. The features were advanced and the different posting options were abundant. One of the best schedule tools on the market now.
  • I also really loved the analytic tools. The information that it tracks is unbelievable. The detail associated with these reports really helps you understand whats happening on your social networks and helps you make decisions.
  • I only used the standard edition of Sprout Social so the features I wanted were available, they just came in a different plan. You can still do so many great things in the standard edition and if you need that added functionality, then you can upgrade your plan.
  • Honestly, no complaints! Sprout Social fulfilled all my various and basic needs.
One of the great things about Sprout Social is how user friendly the tool is. My biggest recommendation would be to just sign up and play around with it. After 30 minutes of messing around with the tool, I had most of the features figured out. There are also tons of great videos out there via YouTube. If you'd like a demonstration, you can contact Sprout Social and they will set up some time with you and one of their product specialists. Lastly, if you run into any problems, you can contact their customer service team and they will help you with anything. They are quick to respond and they are thorough in they're explanations.
Read Thane Clark's full review
Megan Gallagher profile photo
  • Reporting on Sprout is comprehensive and fast. Working with clients who don't understand the ROI of social media, these reports are very helpful to prove the success and value we bring. They are also a great way for us to analyze what our audience looks like, what time of day they respond, what types of content they respond to and more. We can use this data to adjust our social media strategy.
  • The ability to export reports with a customized logo is great. Prior to using Sprout it took us at least a half and hour or more to pull Facebook and Twitter reports and analyze them in one document. Now we can simply select the dates, add our logo and export monthly reports to a nice PDF.
  • The mobile app is amazing! Not only can you switch through your groups of accounts, you can post to all networks (Which is perfect for live tweeting) and notify clients of any negative comments or feedback on the go. Our clients are impressed at how fast we alert them to these and it's all due to Blast and the inbox feed.
  • The ability to schedule a recurring post saves us so much time especially with Twitter since we want to push the message there continuously.
  • Smart search is by far the best way to connect with relevant brands and businesses on Twitter. Easy way to search, see their profile and follow them all in one place.
  • The reporting could definitely provide more data. Specifically the percentage increase month over month on engagement, fans, etc. These are great stats to show clients. More reporting on Facebook advertising campaign success would be great as well.
  • Suggested posts and topics would be nice. This is a feature other Social media management softwares offer and I think it would help keep things fresh as many times it gets hard to continue to create new, unique posts.
  • I think there is room for improvement on search terms and making sure the inbox is listing all mentions of the brand that may have not specifically tagged the brands handle.
  • Bringing reputation management help in the future would make it a more complete management system.
I would say it is a great user experience, easy to learn and use and perfect price for smaller companies. It is perfect for a small business who wants more insight on the demographics of their social audience as well as agencies who are trying to prove the value of their work on social media to their clients. It is an organized platform that is even great to use on the go for real time posts.
Read Megan Gallagher's full review
Danielle Marshall profile photo
October 29, 2013

SPROUTisfaction

• I loved the overall interface of Sprout Social. I found the dashboard easy to navigate, especially important when you're managing multiple profiles for clients.
  • The mobile app is a great extension of the desktop version; I greatly appreciated this feature since I would work off of an iPad and iPhone while on the go.
  • If I ever had a question or wanted to change my plan, customer service reps were knowledgeable and easily accessible.
  • Sprout’s reports are very detailed and thorough, providing fantastic metrics for my clients.
  • At the time I was subscribing to Sprout, there were only a few of the social networks integrated into the software. I imagine by now, that is no longer the case.
  • The subscription cost was a little high, compared to Hootsuite.
By now if someone is already working in the industry they are most likely familiar with the other platforms like Hootsuite, so why not give Sprout a try? When using Sprout, everything you need is right at your fingertips. It's kind of cool how much you end up learning about about your audience, and then easily use that information to engage with them right from the dashboard.
Read Danielle Marshall's full review
Ashley Rudolph profile photo
  • I find Sprout Social's Keyword tracking tool particularly useful. It helps me communicate with others who are talking about our brand.
  • I love Sprout Social's social media reports. They are visually appealing and easy to digest. I also love the option to download our data into excel for use in our own internal social media dashboard.
  • Sometimes the program loads a little slow, which makes it hard for me to jump right into my work.
I'd ask what platform they're using now, what their budget is, what features were most important to them when selecting an SM dashboard, how many team members will be using the platform, if they're tracking brand keywords and how, how often they interact on social media, and if they're tracking social media analytics.
Read Ashley Rudolph's full review
Callie Johnson profile photo
  • I used the 30-day version for another client in August 2013. The 30-day window was nearly sufficient testing ground. However, I was at a social media conference during part of that time.
  • Dashboard - Unparalleled, intuitive, teachable.
  • Impressive customer service team - "Team Social".
  • Cross-platform, one-stop-shop for Facebook, Google+ Pages only, LinkedIn and Twitter.
  • Analytics at a glance.
  • Given the ultimate cost of $39 per user, a 45-60 window would have helped me dig into the product and "sell" it to the five brands that were formerly under my purview.
  • Pinterest and Instagram capabilities would have nicely rounded out the product as a one-stop shop.
  • A mobile app would be awesome.
  • I envision a Klout-like ability to search for influential Twitter users. This would be fantastic.
I would advise a colleague to do the following before signing up for a trial:

(1) Start by researching Sprout Social's success in your market.

(2) Secure buy-in from senior management before day 1 of the trial. Your research and behind-the-scenes interviews with other users - and Sprout's customer service team - will serve you well in making an informed decision. Also, the $39/user cost should factor into your planning at this stage.

(3) After #1 and #2 are in place, go into your trial full steam. Don't test Sprout Social with other options. This will only confuse you.

(4) Every day during the trial, track your productivity while assessing the product's teachability if you will be using Sprout with your team or other employees in your organization. I think it's critical to have at least one tech savvy team member in your corner to ensure a seamless and successful, implementation.

(5) After the trial, talk with customer service about any issues that may have come up during your trial. They may be able to work with you on customizing Sprout to meet your requirements.
Read Callie Johnson's full review
Amos Orr profile photo
  • I enjoy the integration with facebook, twitter, google+ and google analytics.
  • I has a great reporting function that can be exported to a CSV, or PDF (info graphic style).
  • You can multiple accounts on the platform easily.
  • I use a widget on the Chrome browser that allows me to quickly share content and webpages through tweets or google+
  • It has a nice scheduling function for publishing.
  • Allows you to save searches for specific terms, hashtags or profiles.
  • You can compare twitter accounts to competitors.
  • Support is helpful and quick to respond.
  • In general, I prefer using Hootesuite for twitter monitoring since it can show me multiple feeds and searches on one screen.
  • It could use more Social Media channels such as Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
I primarily use Sprout Social for reporting, which is very thorough, and a good bit of Twitter publishing. However I have complimented it by using Hootsuite to monitor my custom groups and various searches. I do not use it to publish to Facebook, because Facebook's algorithm does not reward you for third party publishing apps. Don't let the cost of the subscription scare you, I was able to try it free for a month to see if it would benefit me before committing.
Read Amos Orr's full review
Allison Young profile photo
October 25, 2013

Fan of Sprout Social

• I like being able to see engagement for all my social brands at a quick glance.
  • Sending out messages is incredibly easy.
  • Customizing my message screen has been a breeze and we're engaging with more people now than ever.
  • If they could add LinkedIn functionality for business pages, it'd make my life easier.
Sprout Social has been a godsend for me. To have all my analytics at my fingertips and be able to send out messages across a variety of platforms helps in a big way when my day already gets too crowded. More desktop functionality could be added to the mobile app, but overall, I'm a huge fan of Sprout Social and can't recommend it highly enough.
Read Allison Young's full review
Michael Cousineau profile photo
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review

• In my position as a social strategist, I had to handle multiple clients and social channels. Sprout Social allowed me to effectively and efficiently create and publish multiple posts on multiple social touch-points.
  • Handling multiple clients and multiple social channels creates some confusion and can be very overwhelming. Sprout Social allowed me to focus on one client at a time. I was able to craft posts and create a time release schedule for these posts. I would take a couple days to manage the posting and the timing, while the other days were filled with monitoring and managing the channels user content.
  • Monitoring was made easy by Sprout Social. I had to make weekly and monthly reports to my clients and I was able to use Sprout Social's monitoring tools and interface to see what each post was doing for my client. It was easy to use and very easy to understand.
  • A review option would be beneficial. Just to see how the post will look on whatever social channel was chosen. It's good to see how the sentences layout.
  • When you chose a client to manage, it would be nice to have it opened in its separate window so you don't confuse yourself with multiple clients.
  • I was dealing with international clients so maybe if there was a way to program that clients page to the desired timezone so I would know what time it was internationally so my postings don't go off at 2 in the morning.
I would tell them to first use it for one account and do some posting so you can understand what all the feature do. They would be able to see what these initial posts are doing for them and what needs to be changed. Then the more the use Sprout Social, the more they will familiarize themselves with it.
Read Michael Cousineau's full review
Steve Miller profile photo
  • Sprout Social streamlines our social marketing across all platforms. We have 50 social accounts spread across the United States and it allows me to manage all of them in one place.
  • Social listening is really simple with the smart inbox feature. We have over 2,000 incoming messages a week that all need a response. They're all delivered right to our Sprout inbox.
  • We are able to take the insights from the built-in reporting and make educated decisions about the marketing that is and is not working.
  • Sprout Queue is super cool and takes the guesswork out of the best times to post. We use it daily.
  • I would love to see an integration with Instagram. I know that Hootsuite has one, so as a direct competitor, integration would be great there.
  • One specific feature that I am not enamored with is that with our Bit.ly account, it doesn't count clicks per account - it aggregates all clicks for a post from all accounts and adds them up. This skews our reporting to the point that we haven't had good click information in a year and a half, except if we go to the very limited Bitly dashboard directly.
  • The pricing is steep for a medium-sized company with a bunch of users. It'd be great to see an affordable team package.
I would recommend they compare the ease-of-use with Hootsuite. I love the interface and it completely blows the competition out of the water in that regard.
Read Steve Miller's full review
Victoria Guerrero profile photo
  • Tracking overall conversations.
  • Allowing for conversation filtering throughout social networks.
  • Allowing employees relevant to the social media conversation within the company to communicate.
  • A more comprehensive analytical view of the conversation.
I would ask that colleague to first and think about what exactly they use their social conversation for. Do they run Twitter contests? Are they asking users to RT posts in order to win a prize? Sprout social is invaluable for that sort of conversation, so they should consider whether they'll be partaking in a lot of social endeavors where they are listening for specific conversation. I would also want them to consider the size of their company as well as the size of their social network. If they are approx. <5,000 Twitter followers (or something similar, depending on their in industry), the may not need the tool quite yet and can probably manage until they've grown a bit more. However, if they have the resources at their company, I would say then purchase the product regardless of size.
Read Victoria Guerrero's full review
Alanna Howard profile photo
  • Scheduling for multiple social media accounts.
  • Agile and swift in showing results for successful social campaigns.
  • Reporting is detailed, and easily share-able among team members.
  • The results captured in the reporting section can be insightful, but many seem out of context or unnecessary. Sprout needs to work more with users to understand what they want to be seeing from their social media, not providing numbers for the sake of reporting.
  • Needs to add support for more recent, but very popular social environments, including Pinterest and Google+
  • The ability to suggest tweets/posts based on past success, similar to an auto-fill in the draft stage, would be helpful. More analytics around what has worked, and insight into why, would make it a very valuable tool.
It is the leader in the social media managing market. For anyone beginning to measure their social impact, Sprout is the most affordable, scaleable tool to get your entire team on board measuring success and scheduling future engagement.
Read Alanna Howard's full review
Bryden McGrath profile photo
October 24, 2013

Solid for Agency Use

• I especially liked Sprout Social's ability to organize your followers into categories, such as Twitter users who aren't very active. This allows a brand to weed out inactive users.
  • Sprout Social's reports are basic, especially when compared to reports from Simply Measured. But they lay out solid information in a very attractive package, and the data is exportable and customizable.
  • Scheduling posts across mulitple networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) is simple, and the "Publishing" tab gives a nice outline of all your scheduled posts.
  • You can easily view your "history" with another Twitter user, not just a a recent conversation.
  • Reports are basic, and social networks like Instagram and YouTube are not included. If in-depth reporting is a need, you'll want to look elsewhere.
Read Bryden McGrath's full review
Steven Weitzman profile photo
January 13, 2014

Don't Doubt Sprout

• Tracking keywords.
  • Cross platform analysis.
  • Great GUI.
  • User friendly and easy to get into.
  • The ability to monitor activities on a wider number of social media outlets.
  • The ability to cross-post to a wider number of social media outlets.
I would recommend it based on the fact that it improves the overall customer experience with the brand.
Read Steven Weitzman's full review

• Task Management.
  • Social Discovery.
  • Smart Search.
  • Facebook Integration.
  • Bit Link compatibility across platforms.
  • No Pinterest Integration.
Sprout makes the life of any social media specialist 10x easier. It is a no-brainer. Wish it had Pinterest integration though.
Read Dave McDonald's full review
Lizzie Maldonado profile photo
  • SproutSocial provides highly detailed, visual PDF reports that answer all of your key social media analytics questions in one location. For us, this is invaluable as it's the dashboard of choice we use to show progress and results to all clients.
  • Social media scheduling is extremely bulky and time-consuming. Lightweight tools like Buffer for scheduling are much more convenient and efficient, even after the time it takes to switch tools.
  • It is not a one-size-fits-all-dashboard because the interface takes too much time to load most features — the functionality that allows users to find people to follow and connect with is slow and ineffective, and managing any type of back-and-forth communication is very frustrating. You are going to use multiple platforms if you use SproutSocial.
Read Lizzie Maldonado's full review
Christine Ton profile photo
October 31, 2013

Sprout Social Review

• Manage twitter outlets for multiple smart device accounts.
  • Community management.
  • Sharing ideas and products.
  • More social media outlets
You will not regret using Sprout Social. The many opportunities it provides will drive amazing outcomes. If you have many accounts and clients, Sprout Social helps simplify your work into easy to use tools. Sprout Social will be an essential tool and you will see it positively effect your work.
Read Christine Ton's full review
Erika Crespo profile photo
  • Scheduling
  • Engagement
  • Analytics
  • Facebook posts --Being able to include a photo to be scheduled with a post, and being able to have that photo appear as a large photo under content. Right now, we must manually go into Facebook to do this.
  • Not sure if there's any way for this to be done, but how about Instagram scheduling?
Experiment with Sprout's free trial extensively. Get to know it inside out. Utilize all platforms available to see maximum benefit. Questions? Call Sprout directly, they have fabulous customer service.
Read Erika Crespo's full review
Liz Jaquez profile photo
  • I like that Sprout Social shows you your history of interactions with contacts and allows you to assign non social contact information. In this way, Sprout serves a CRM tool for the social world which is something other social media management platforms do not offer.
  • The reporting is in-depth without being overwhelming and easily customizable.
  • I also like that you can turn messages into tasks that can be assigned and shared within your team.
  • I would like to see additional networks added to Sprout, particularly Instagram. This is very important to location based businesses like restaurants and hotels. People tag pictures to the hotel all the time, but I cannot view within Sprout. I have to manage Instagram within the app itself.
  • Maybe I don't have it set up correctly, but I would like to receive alerts on the Sprout Social app when I have new messages.
I have already recommended to several of my colleague at smaller hotels. I tell them how it helps me and the benefits and to try the free 30-day trial if they need more convincing.
Read Liz Jaquez's full review
Chase Buckner profile photo
  • Sprout Social is visually beautiful, which is especially helpful when it comes to generating reports for clients.
  • Sprout Social allows us to target Facebook posts by language, which is something Facebook does not currently permit us to do here in Mexico. This is actually the main reason we use Sprout, which was a tough bullet to bite as we're paying $50/month for, essentially, one feature that is free in the US.
  • The scheduler in Sprout is pretty robust and intuitive.
  • The pricing is tough. For a small agency like us, it's a big expense.
  • It's surprising that Sprout has not added support for Instagram by now. We currently have to present reporting from Sprout as well as from Statigr.am as Instagram is, arguably, the most important network for our clients.
  • Sprout is still, for some reason, unable to pull the profile image of one of our clients in the scheduler. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying.
I do like the dashboard of Sprout. The pricing and the lack of Instagram are the two things that would make me hesitate to recommend Sprout.
Read Chase Buckner's full review
Sarah Zibanejadrad profile photo
  • Creates visually appealing, clear analytics reports.
  • Easy to organize, publish, and edit across multiple clients and users.
  • Great for finding new audience members that may like the content.
  • You cannot respond to comments/responses through the platform.
  • Cannot upload videos to post.
  • Can only manage certain types of accounts.
Read Sarah Zibanejadrad's full review
We use Sprout Social to post, manage, and report on social networks for our clients. It's being used by our entire social media team to post for all of our clients. It's perfect because it allows us to schedule in advance for our clients and pull analytical reporting for each of them.
  • The calendar view for scheduling allows you to see what dates you have posts scheduled.
  • It is convenient that you are allowed to schedule posts for multiple days, while simultaneously customizing what specific time you would like them to go out on each individual day.
  • The reporting tools are helpful and having the ability to export PDFs makes pulling last minute reports quick and easy.
  • I feel as thought the 'Messages' tab where you are allowed to see who is interacting with your account could be clearer.
  • The "Users and Social Profiles" page could be clearer as to how to add accounts and change permissions.
It's perfect if you have multiple accounts to manage because it allows you to see what you have scheduled on different days. The ability to transition between accounts is easy and clear, and helps to keep different client profiles separate from others. This helps us from making any mistakes in terms of posting the wrong information to a wrong client. It is also convenient how easy it is to give permission to another person on Sprout Social which we do when someone goes on vacation.
November 17, 2015

A+ Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a great tool to manage multiple social media accounts at once, it helps simplify and organize the process- and you don't have to worry when it comes to knowing your posts went out on schedule!
  • Schedules the posts at the specific time you would like.
  • You can set reoccurring posts to target the right audiences.
  • Fast account switching would make things easier at times.
  • Twitter quoted tweets not supported.
Sprout Social is well suited when you have to handle numerous accounts at once.
Sprout Social is solely used by our Marketing Department, and we only have one primary user at the moment. It helps us stay on top of our social engagement, while remaining efficient.
  • Ability to monitor incoming messages from Twitter
  • Ability to schedule tweets efficiently
  • Easy access to detailed reports on our social engagement
  • It would help if Sprout integrated with more 3rd parties
  • Sprout seems a bit limited in what it can do with LinkedIn
Does it integrate with all social platforms?

Boolean keyword searches (20)
Filtering out noise/spam (25)
Sentiment analysis (6)
Broad channel coverage (10)
Content planning and scheduling (30)
Audience targeting (28)
Content optimization (26)
Workflow management (27)
Automated routing and prioritization (10)
Customer interaction histories (30)
Bulk actions (26)
Lead generation (21)
Content marketing (21)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (30)
Facebook (32)
LinkedIn (26)
Google+ (14)
6.5
Instagram (24)
Pinterest (4)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (30)
Real-time tracking (31)
Competitor analysis (24)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (29)
Mobile access (27)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social provides social media management, marketing, customer care, data and intelligence, and employee advocacy solutions for leading brands and agencies, including Ticketmaster, Chipotle, Grubhub, Subaru, Zendesk and many more. Sprout’s platform is designed with ease of use in mind, simplifying social publishing, engagement, reviews, analytics and listening for our customers. By providing customer success and technical support, Sprout is committed to delivering consistent value to all users. The vendor states that any organization, regardless of size or industry, can count on dedicated onboarding and quick implementation to realize value faster and minimize business disruption. Sprout invites potential customer to experience what they describe as award-winning service and industry-leading time to value with a free 30-day trial at sproutsocial.com.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Sprout Social Integrations

Sprout Social Competitors

Hootsuite, Falcon.io, Sprinklr Modern Engagement (formerly Social + Messaging Suite), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium)

Sprout Social Support Options