https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGSprout Social ReviewManage twitter outlets for multiple smart device accounts. Community management. Sharing ideas and products.,More social media outlets,Positively increased efficiency through all our clients.,10,10Building a Brand? Sprout Makes it That Much Easier.Scheduling Engagement Analytics,Facebook posts --Being able to include a photo to be scheduled with a post, and being able to have that photo appear as a large photo under content. Right now, we must manually go into Facebook to do this. Not sure if there's any way for this to be done, but how about Instagram scheduling?,Increased employee efficiency Education --clients are able to see how their exposure grows with the use of social media. Great analytics.,10,10Would recommend Sprout Social to any social media professionalI like that Sprout Social shows you your history of interactions with contacts and allows you to assign non social contact information. In this way, Sprout serves a CRM tool for the social world which is something other social media management platforms do not offer. The reporting is in-depth without being overwhelming and easily customizable. I also like that you can turn messages into tasks that can be assigned and shared within your team.,I would like to see additional networks added to Sprout, particularly Instagram. This is very important to location based businesses like restaurants and hotels. People tag pictures to the hotel all the time, but I cannot view within Sprout. I have to manage Instagram within the app itself. Maybe I don't have it set up correctly, but I would like to receive alerts on the Sprout Social app when I have new messages.,Definitely increased efficiency. I was using Tweetdeck previously, but my columns of search topics were becoming overwhelming and it couldn't be shared with others.,10,10White Bulldog Media Review of Sprout SocialSprout Social is visually beautiful, which is especially helpful when it comes to generating reports for clients. Sprout Social allows us to target Facebook posts by language, which is something Facebook does not currently permit us to do here in Mexico. This is actually the main reason we use Sprout, which was a tough bullet to bite as we're paying $50/month for, essentially, one feature that is free in the US. The scheduler in Sprout is pretty robust and intuitive.,The pricing is tough. For a small agency like us, it's a big expense. It's surprising that Sprout has not added support for Instagram by now. We currently have to present reporting from Sprout as well as from Statigr.am as Instagram is, arguably, the most important network for our clients. Sprout is still, for some reason, unable to pull the profile image of one of our clients in the scheduler. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying.,We really just use Sprout to post in separate languages and generate reports Sprout does a good job reporting on engagement, which is what we focus on As mentioned before, Sprout's pricing is tough. If Hootsuite would add language targeting to their lower package, we would probably be using them,5,6Sprout Social is A Member of Our Marketing TeamCreates visually appealing, clear analytics reports. Easy to organize, publish, and edit across multiple clients and users. Great for finding new audience members that may like the content.,You cannot respond to comments/responses through the platform. Cannot upload videos to post. Can only manage certain types of accounts.,Able to monitor and provide substantiated reports to clients. Easy to manage multiple clients and teams.,9,7,6,1,Create and publish content, and manage social accounts on behalf of a number of clients. Monitor and document analytics. It aids in outreach and monitoring conversations to enter our client into.,,Implemented in-house,8,Self-taught,Yes, it's fairly intuitive and has a similar UX to other social platforms.,8,7,7,7,Facebook Twitter Google +,LinkedIn,,I am not sure.
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Sprout Social
Top Rated Award
Filter 259 vetted Sprout Social reviews and ratings
Christine Ton profile photo
October 31, 2013

"Sprout Social Review"

• Manage twitter outlets for multiple smart device accounts.
  • Community management.
  • Sharing ideas and products.
  • More social media outlets
You will not regret using Sprout Social. The many opportunities it provides will drive amazing outcomes. If you have many accounts and clients, Sprout Social helps simplify your work into easy to use tools. Sprout Social will be an essential tool and you will see it positively effect your work.
Read Christine Ton's full review
Erika Crespo profile photo
October 27, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Building a Brand? Sprout Makes it That Much Easier."

• Scheduling
  • Engagement
  • Analytics
  • Facebook posts --Being able to include a photo to be scheduled with a post, and being able to have that photo appear as a large photo under content. Right now, we must manually go into Facebook to do this.
  • Not sure if there's any way for this to be done, but how about Instagram scheduling?
Experiment with Sprout's free trial extensively. Get to know it inside out. Utilize all platforms available to see maximum benefit. Questions? Call Sprout directly, they have fabulous customer service.
Read Erika Crespo's full review
Liz Jaquez profile photo
October 26, 2013

Review: "Would recommend Sprout Social to any social media professional"

• I like that Sprout Social shows you your history of interactions with contacts and allows you to assign non social contact information. In this way, Sprout serves a CRM tool for the social world which is something other social media management platforms do not offer.
  • The reporting is in-depth without being overwhelming and easily customizable.
  • I also like that you can turn messages into tasks that can be assigned and shared within your team.
  • I would like to see additional networks added to Sprout, particularly Instagram. This is very important to location based businesses like restaurants and hotels. People tag pictures to the hotel all the time, but I cannot view within Sprout. I have to manage Instagram within the app itself.
  • Maybe I don't have it set up correctly, but I would like to receive alerts on the Sprout Social app when I have new messages.
I have already recommended to several of my colleague at smaller hotels. I tell them how it helps me and the benefits and to try the free 30-day trial if they need more convincing.
Read Liz Jaquez's full review
Chase Buckner profile photo
October 25, 2013

"White Bulldog Media Review of Sprout Social"

• Sprout Social is visually beautiful, which is especially helpful when it comes to generating reports for clients.
  • Sprout Social allows us to target Facebook posts by language, which is something Facebook does not currently permit us to do here in Mexico. This is actually the main reason we use Sprout, which was a tough bullet to bite as we're paying $50/month for, essentially, one feature that is free in the US.
  • The scheduler in Sprout is pretty robust and intuitive.
  • The pricing is tough. For a small agency like us, it's a big expense.
  • It's surprising that Sprout has not added support for Instagram by now. We currently have to present reporting from Sprout as well as from Statigr.am as Instagram is, arguably, the most important network for our clients.
  • Sprout is still, for some reason, unable to pull the profile image of one of our clients in the scheduler. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying.
I do like the dashboard of Sprout. The pricing and the lack of Instagram are the two things that would make me hesitate to recommend Sprout.
Read Chase Buckner's full review
Sarah Zibanejadrad profile photo
October 23, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social is A Member of Our Marketing Team"

• Creates visually appealing, clear analytics reports.
  • Easy to organize, publish, and edit across multiple clients and users.
  • Great for finding new audience members that may like the content.
  • You cannot respond to comments/responses through the platform.
  • Cannot upload videos to post.
  • Can only manage certain types of accounts.
Read Sarah Zibanejadrad's full review
January 22, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "Sprout is the only platform you need!"

We use Sprout Social to post, manage, and report on social networks for our clients. It's being used by our entire social media team to post for all of our clients. It's perfect because it allows us to schedule in advance for our clients and pull analytical reporting for each of them.
  • The calendar view for scheduling allows you to see what dates you have posts scheduled.
  • It is convenient that you are allowed to schedule posts for multiple days, while simultaneously customizing what specific time you would like them to go out on each individual day.
  • The reporting tools are helpful and having the ability to export PDFs makes pulling last minute reports quick and easy.
  • I feel as thought the 'Messages' tab where you are allowed to see who is interacting with your account could be clearer.
  • The "Users and Social Profiles" page could be clearer as to how to add accounts and change permissions.
It's perfect if you have multiple accounts to manage because it allows you to see what you have scheduled on different days. The ability to transition between accounts is easy and clear, and helps to keep different client profiles separate from others. This helps us from making any mistakes in terms of posting the wrong information to a wrong client. It is also convenient how easy it is to give permission to another person on Sprout Social which we do when someone goes on vacation.
November 17, 2015

User Review: "A+ Sprout Social"

Sprout Social is a great tool to manage multiple social media accounts at once, it helps simplify and organize the process- and you don't have to worry when it comes to knowing your posts went out on schedule!
  • Schedules the posts at the specific time you would like.
  • You can set reoccurring posts to target the right audiences.
  • Fast account switching would make things easier at times.
  • Twitter quoted tweets not supported.
Sprout Social is well suited when you have to handle numerous accounts at once.
March 18, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "Great tool for social engagement!"

Sprout Social is solely used by our Marketing Department, and we only have one primary user at the moment. It helps us stay on top of our social engagement, while remaining efficient.
  • Ability to monitor incoming messages from Twitter
  • Ability to schedule tweets efficiently
  • Easy access to detailed reports on our social engagement
  • It would help if Sprout integrated with more 3rd parties
  • Sprout seems a bit limited in what it can do with LinkedIn
Does it integrate with all social platforms?
November 05, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Great Interface but no FREE Version"

• Easy to use reporting; intuitive search and influence tools; mobile app is easy to use.
  • URL shortener is easily tracked anywhere (not always the case with other Social CRMs),
  • Love the discovery feature and suggested best sending times.
  • Bulk scheduling: I wish you could use a CSV file for bulk scheduling. In Hootsuite for example, you can schedule up to 50 posts at a time, months in advance if need be, and it's free. This is a huge time saver if you plan on scheduling months in advance.
  • Reports are very detailed, but not very intuitive, my scheduled posts would sometimes disappear without a trace.
  • Product is quite expensive.
Overall the tool is extremely easy to use and has a great interface. However I believe it to be a good middle of the road tool. It's great if you want to do everything, but if I wanted to focus solely on reporting I would use a tool like Sysomos which in my opinion has the most in depth, easy to understand reports. If I wanted to easily build social media campaigns I would use Crimson Hexagon as the ease of creating listening campaigns by only entering a keyword is beyond helpful. If I wanted something that does everything pretty well, I would definitely use Sprout Social.
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "Excellent program for customer interaction and competitive research"

• Great for managing and scheduling social media tasks
  • Makes it easy to research and evaluate competition
  • Dynamic search functions within twitter allow you to reach your target audience better than any other program on the market.
  • Easy to use, but if you ever get stuck there are helpful customer service reps to help clarify and optimize whatever task you are attempting.
  • Honestly, I was able to perform all the functions I needed with Sprout Social. I worked better than any program I've used in the past, so I can't think of any room for improvement at this time.
I think as soon as you sign up, poke around the program on your own, then hop on the phone for one of their training sessions. They will cover everything you need to know in an easy to understand and straight forward way.
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "A great range of features and beautiful reports at an affordable price point"

• Attractive reports that can be shared with key decision makers
  • Makes it easy and efficient to track brand mentions across social channels and the internet
  • Great price point
  • Makes it easy to schedule a month of social posts in a few minutes
  • Great iPad app version of the product
  • Makes it both easy to switch from professional and personal accounts, and also easy to not use the wrong account accidentally.
  • Can't manage LinkedIn Business pages through SproutSocial. This made me look for competitors' tools to use, so that I can optimize the timing of when the posts are going out.
  • Facebook reporting varies significantly from within Sprout Social than in my actual Facebook account reports. I'm not sure why.
  • I dislike the default "Group Reports" view, because it throws my stats off significantly (we manage several accounts). I would like to be able to set my own default report that I can see in the landing page of the reports tab.
I'm confused by this question.
October 25, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social has room to grow. A lot of room."

• Data insights. The graphs are easy to read and, for the most part, are pretty helpful.
  • Reach. Allows you to see an estimated reach of Tweets (something Twitter doesn't provide).
  • Social inbox combines all notifications into one stream. For events/launches, this can be particularly useful.
  • Lighting-fast support. Plus their team is super friendly.
  • Development of the product has added several nice UI/UX elements over the last few months.
  • Not enough analytics outside of the traditional "followers, RTs, reach"
  • No live-updating inbox feature like other services offer.
  • No sort of hashtag monitoring.
For small teams, Sprout Social is a great tool. If I were running a small business that involved lots of posting, scheduling, and team-management, Sprout would be the way to go. Unfortunately, it really lacks in quantifiable metrics that would be beneficial. Very little customization of reports that can be sent.
October 25, 2013

"Sprout Social--great for a growing social media strategy"

• Visually pleasing reports.
  • Easy scheduling and calendar planning.
  • Ability to divide profiles and users into groups--which was important for our company that is an umbrella to several brands.
  • Reporting could be more detailed--not able to really drill down into the nitty gritty.
  • Better integration with Google Analytics--again just a high level view.
  • Would be nice if Sprout would suggest best days/times to post based on page activity.
How deep can I go with reporting tools? Do I need to ability to create multiple hierarchies in groups?
January 13, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Sproutsocial is definitely worth signing up for"

• Customer Service.
  • Graphic Reporting.
  • Sharing.
  • Social media reporting could be faster/ more up to date.
  • Website analytics could be included /like Google analytics
  • Queuing and scheduling posts could be differentiated better.
I already recommended it to a friend who owns an online jewelry company. She's currently looking into it. I think Sprout social's userfriendly aspect is definitely a win.
November 01, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Don't Get Lost with Social Media Use Sprout"

• Easy to use.
  • Functional.
  • Graphs and charts make sense.
  • Reporting could be separated out into more detailed sections.
  • Smart Inbox could be easier to navigate.
  • Website navigation.
What are you able to drill down to?
October 25, 2013

"Balanced and fair review of Sprout Social"

• Generates informative reports.
  • Centralizes and streamlines all your social networks.
  • Makes it easy to manage multiple accounts.
  • Missing support for Google+
  • Found it confusing to respond to messages.
  • Needs better integration of Google alerts into main stream.
I'd recommend Sprout to someone who has a small to mid-size business and has multiple people managing social media accounts -- Sprout has great functionality for this.
February 22, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Data analysis inadequate for an agency."

• It is a good overall social media analytics tool. It has basic data but it doesn't drill down to our specific needs, and it doesn't have the ability to deliver custom reports with hard data.
  • It certainly has some nice features (e.g. search) and is probably an effective tool for corporate social media managers.
  • It doesn't go deep in to data analysis: In order to supply our clients with the kind of data they wanted to see, we were still obliged to export data from the system into Excel and spend valuable time creating appropriate reports to share with clients.
  • We really needed a tool where we could build custom reports and provide our clients with access to those reports by logging into the system. Sprout does not offer this kind of "agency" functionality.
  • We also needed to compare changes in metrics across specific time periods. Sprout does not offer this functionality.
The tool is OK for SBS trying to get a better feel for their social media analytics but it doesn't work very well on the agency side.
December 05, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "Good, simple publishing tool."

• Sprout is a decent publishing tool. It is easy to use and understand, so communicating is relatively painless. There are more sophisticated tools out there, like Spredfast and Hootsuite, but Sprout is good enough for simple needs. Some features that are lacking are robust editorial control, which more involved organizations may need.
  • The listening aspect is not detailed enough. I wanted to have more specific streams such as listening to specific people in addition to listening to my accounts and keywords.
  • The reporting is lacking in Sprout. It is not detailed enough to truly understand the specific kinds of engagement happening.
Sprout is a good value given it's pricing. I do not think it is an enterprise level product, but small business should find a lot of value here.
November 30, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "Affordable and effective."

• It's a great tool. It just depends on the needs of the user. I think Sprout Social has an affordable pricing structure and offers basic but organized information on social media accounts which can be incredibly helpful.
  • Sometimes it's difficult to drill down into deeper analytics.
November 12, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "No real presentation layer."

• Sprout allows us to easily track most of the metrics we care about for weekly presentation to senior management. It does this very well.
  • Sprout doesn’t do everything well. For example, it can’t show the growth of Facebook fans over time (snapshots of stats from the past). It can only show how many fans you have now.
  • The software cannot track blog shares as it doesn’t integrate with WordPress. We use Add this to track how many people share or blog content.
  • It is also unable to track how many people came to the site using the share buttons. Cannot tell whether came to site via a social property. Can’t tell how many people clicked a Twitter link.
  • No real presentation layer. All the data has to be manually exported to Excel to produce a report. I would be nice to have some kind of automated report builder capability.
  • Prefer Hootsuite publishing UI.
• Sprout has a tool like HootSuite auto-schedule. I have chosen not to use as I like HootSuite better. I would consider using Hootsuite for everything if I knew it did everything that Sprout does.
• No API so I have to build a manual dashboard in Excel. This is disappointing.

Boolean keyword searches (9)
Filtering out noise/spam (11)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (15)
Audience targeting (15)
Content optimization (12)
Workflow management (14)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (15)
Bulk actions (13)
Lead generation (11)
6.3
Content marketing (9)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (15)
Facebook (15)
LinkedIn (12)
Google+ (12)
Instagram (7)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (15)
Real-time tracking (14)
Competitor analysis (11)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (13)
Mobile access (13)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access