Storify is a social curation platform that collects updates from social networks, to create a new story format that is interactive, dynamic and social.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/P1/zQ/6Z9OWECOA3EW.PNGStorify: Digital Storytelling at its Best!Storify's ability to curate relevent social media content is an asset to my teaching. Storify allows easy access to current social media content and research, making it a one stop tool for creating digital stories. The Storify platform is excellent for engaging my students in the learning process. They are able to use technologies they are already familiar with (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc) in new ways, resulting in deeper learning. Storify offers marketing professionals the ability to track story views, distribute stories across social media platforms and engage audiences through customized social media content. In terms of student engagement, students in a Politics and Media course created videos asking participants about various political issues. These videos were then uploaded to YouTube and added to their digital stories on Storify. In a Media Ethics course, students preseneted their Storify projects to their peers, who in turn were able to give real-time feeback by liking, sharing and commenting on the stories being presented.,Several Storify users have indicated that they would like the ability to upload their own content directly to Storify instead of uploading to an external site first. The ability to customize backgrounds in Storify would be a welcome addition. Storify offers a basic menu of content sources. I would like to see additional sources added to the menu selection.,9,The use of Storify has resulted in a greater level of student engagement. Storify allows student produced content to be shared with an audience beyond the classroom resulting in 100s of story views. Students rave about the platform and request to use it for everything from HW assignments to research projects.,10,Implemented in-house,Creating stories are easy in Storify. Just click and drag the desired content from your search results and you are on your way!,Yes,9Storify: Tell Your StoryStorify is a great tool to expose our membership to social media, when they might not be users themselves. Storify allows us to create a detailed account of our meetings, webinars, and other important organizational events and happenings. We have been able to reuse social media content that would have otherwise been lost after it was initially posted. It has been a nice tool to add URL pages to a story (aka: leaving breadcrumbs). If someone talks about a particular event, we can link to a URL about that event.,Occasionally will timeout. On the account we are using (basic, free), to add content from Facebook, you have to get a direct URL. Fine for pictures, but not great for text posts. Best used to tell a story primarily told on Twitter. Could limit some who don't have a big Twitter presence.,10,Again, it is has allowed us to tell a story of our meetings and events via user generated content. Without this tool, that content means something and is seen only in the timeframe of the event. We have used our Storify stories after our events. They have become part of our integrated marketing strategies.,1,10Strategic Storytelling Using Storify can be a Happily Ever After 2.0Event Storytelling Campaign-specific aggregation Validation of engagement for social media influencers participating in conversation,Easier search within platform to find items for storyboard inclusion. Additional suggestions of Storify users to follow. More regular engagement within Storify user community.,9,Positive experience for content creation Positive experience for storytelling for a nonprofit with respect to its events or viral campaigns Postive experience for storytelling as a nonprofit as a leader in a particular content area,8,1,0,Advocacy initiatives. Special event storytelling. PR Campaign storytelling.,Documenting effectiveness of viral digital campaign. Highlighting participant engagement at a special event. Demonstrating need within a population a nonprofit serves.,Demonstrating need through curating news around an issue that the organization is addressing. Documenting engagement and effectiveness of a special event. Showcasing media coverage for a particular issue a nonprofit is working on an story that was pitched.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was minimal,Getting familiar with the tool Identifying content to curate Decisionmaking on placement of story pieces relative to each other vs. in timeline fashion,9Storify Effectively Curates Social MediaIn today's world, some stories break or even take place on social media. Storify allows journalists to easily curate these conversations about news and shape them into stories. Storify's interface is easy to use and can be taught in minutes. My college journalism students take to it quickly and love working with it. Storify can employ any social media that I can think of. If a story is being discussed in the social media world, you can find it in words, photos, videos, etc. Telling stories through Storify is a creative process that I see becoming more prominent in the future. Products you create in Storify are easy to embed or use for other purposes.,Because Storify is a new way to tell a story with so many possibilities, it would be great if Storify had guides or examples of effective stories for different purposes for people to look at. Some people are a bit overwhelmed and don't deliver a great product. I have had to create these for my students.,Storify has helped me show my journalism students how stories unfold on social media. My journalism students are better prepared for the new social media environment by using Storify.,10,10A Tool for Documenting StoriesStorify has allowed me to gather communications and media coverage around particular stories and present them in a clean, attractive, user-friendly, web-based format that can be used by a wide variety of people at my workplace, from my department director to a hospital CEO to a university department head. Storify provides built-in tools that allow me to easily search for relevant content across the web, from Twitter to YouTube to media stories on Google News. Storify's plug-ins and quick buttons make it easy for me to notice an article, video, or other relevant content and without even going to Storify itself, add to stories or save it to my personal collection to be added to stories later.,When using the items stored in my "private collection," I often find that items I have already dragged and dropped into story packages remain listed, and when I try to delete the items, so they won't clog up the list, I often am presented with an error message. I wish that there was the ability to have more control over item previews, such as choosing or uploading an image or editing text if, for example, that preview material is not accurate because the software isn't "seeing" or importing in the best way. Facebook (personal accounts and Pages) allows this and it's allowed me to put in proper descriptions or a more representative image or headline when appropriate. When I go to my account profile, the initial view is only of my three most recent story packages; if I want to see more I have to click "See All." I would rather see at least 6. Having the option to switch to List view (as a default) would also be nice, as often I am updating multiple packages and saving even one click is helpful.,Using Storify has allowed me as well as others in our department and our division to document the work we do to the people who need to see what our expertise is doing for them. One example of this would include being able to show a psychiatry professor a story package that includes local, national and international news coverage, social media, and our own communications efforts related to promoting a major research finding. Not only does this assure the professor that, yes, we know what we're doing, but that we (communications) are a valuable resource for spreading word of scientific discovery. The professor can also share the Storify package via email, LinkedIn, and professional networks. Another example would be sending a link to a Storify package over to a hospital CEO who wants a summary of recent media coverage involving his hospital and wants it in a format he can understand and share. Using Storify to document media coverage, especially as stories "break," allows us to later go back and review how coverage unfolded and what successes we had, what messages we put out, etc. We can and have used Storify packages as "notes" when later creating presentations or doing talks about successful storytelling and media communications. My boss can rely on the quick turnaround of Storify, meaning that if he's suddenly asked to provide "documentation" on a media story or category, he can go to me and ask for it, knowing that the product is easy to use and not something that will take me all day. I also appreciate this of course as I have a busy, multifaceted job that doesn't allow me to me loll around to struggle for hours with a product.,10,10,Drag and drop Arranging stories up or down Formatting text in stories,Keep the "private collection" area clean, as usually when I try to delete an item (already used or not needed) I get an error, and then later on I may see the item pop up again.,9
Storify

Storify Reviews

Storify
Showing 16 of 34 Storify ratings and reviews.

Michelle Pulaski Behling profile photo
March 19, 2015

Review: "Storify: Digital Storytelling at its Best!"

Likelihood to Renew

Storify is the best at what it does - aggregating social media content to create dynamic digital stories. The platform addresses my needs to engage students in the learning process and gives them a venue for sharing their research with a large audience.
Read Michelle Pulaski Behling's full review
Carol Voss profile photo
December 09, 2014

"Strategic Storytelling Using Storify can be a Happily Ever After 2.0"

Likelihood to Renew

The free Storify version is intuitive and can help nonprofit organizations achieve its goals to establish their brand authority in a particular area through aggregation/curation of news and content around their area of expertise as well as demonstrate in one snapshot the effectiveness of a PR campaign they have worked on. Sources from social media as well as news, video, images can be pulled into one topical Storyboard to show depth of a nonprofit's focused population of people they serve, demonstrate advocacy effectiveness or need for advocacy, feature an event through the eyes of its participants, or demonstrate the reach of a PR or viral campaign for a nonprofit organization into one document that can be shared as a content creation vehicle. Amazing tool with endless possibilities!
Read Carol Voss's full review
Dave Sennerud profile photo
November 19, 2013

"Storify Effectively Curates Social Media"

Likelihood to Renew

Storify allows the user to tell a story or convey a message using not just words but conversations that take place in the social media. As use of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media increase, journalists - and anyone with a message - needs something like this to pull the information into one unifying form. Storify does that.
Read Dave Sennerud's full review
Wendy Darling profile photo
November 18, 2013

Storify Review: "A Tool for Documenting Stories"

Likelihood to Renew

I have been pretty much completely happy with my decision to explore Storify as a tool for use within my department, as it has resulted in many positive side effects and continues to serve our department's needs well. In fact I am currently using it to collect coverage and communications work related to a major research finding on autism, which is getting extremely widespread coverage from media, on social media, etc.
Read Wendy Darling's full review
Casey Fenton profile photo
November 06, 2013

Storify Review: "Use it effectively and build stronger connections in your existing social media communities."

Likelihood to Renew

At this time, Storify is the only product that we've identified that offers the functionality we need: organizing, archiving, and embedding of our social media content. So I think it is highly likely that we will continue using Storify, at least in the near future. In the longer-term, I hope to see Storify expand its services to provide more functionality around live social media events.
Read Casey Fenton's full review
Clarisa Ramirez profile photo
November 14, 2013

Review: "Using Storify to Increase Your Organization's Brand"

Likelihood to Renew

Storify is worth it if you and your organization is creating a lot of social media buzz. If there are less than 15 people that are a part of the social media conversation, you really don't need to use this tool. It's most effective as an organizational storytelling tool, so you need to find a way to get people talking about you before you implement it.
Read Clarisa Ramirez's full review
Peter Huboi profile photo
November 12, 2013

User Review: "Storify makes your story easy to tell."

Likelihood to Renew

Overall, the free version is an 8 for me. With room for a few new features and a little time, this is bound to improve. I found it easy to use and useful from day 1. Adds some quick content creation tools to my web presence toolkit. Since it is free to try, I'd highly recommend you try it.
Read Peter Huboi's full review
Kristin Kline profile photo
November 12, 2013

User Review: "Storify for Transmedia Storytelling"

Likelihood to Renew

My original use of Storify was for a specific purpose, transmedia storytelling, but now that I've seen the functionality of the site and realize how easy it is to tell a story from seemingly disparate social elements, I will most likely use it for storytelling within my current job. As a person in a position of needing to create a good stream of inspiration for my team, share timely news and trends, present information in a more interesting way, and share innovative products with my agency, I can see many different uses for Storify. I'll have to get creative with those uses, though, because I don't see another strong specific need for the use of Storify. An interesting tool that I'd love to see other people using differently.
Read Kristin Kline's full review
November 08, 2013

Storify Review: "An Education Tool"

Likelihood to Renew

I would renew my use of Storify if I found a need for curation. At the current moment we don't have a need for it. However, we often plan client events or conferences and i can imagine myself using it again at those times.
November 08, 2013

Review: "Storify for SuperTargeting and Fresh Content"

Likelihood to Renew

I am no longer with the company that was using it, but I would recommend it to businesses that have the resources to use it. Besides being another social channel, it offers a place to engage with specific users on other social channels who you already know are interested in related products or industries. By searching, incorporating, and notifying the users behind specific Tweets or other social interactions, you can literally target down to the user who is actually most likely to convert. No other platform gives you that power so easily. Especially for businesses with high margin products, even a small number of sales leads will make Storify pay for itself.

About Storify