Stripe Reviews

Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Stripe - an easy solution to increase sales

Alternatives Considered

I like both, but I like how Stripe offers more options for shipping, costs, and I like how they ask clients if they want to subscribe at the end of the transaction. Usually, I’d even have to input their info to Mailchimp manually, but Stripe automatically does it for me! It makes it way more efficient for doing my job!
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
March 11, 2020

Stripe - one of the best billing platforms!

Alternatives Considered

Stripe is not like Square since we use it mostly for recurring charges for our clients. Square is good if contractors send us an electronic invoice and our partners sometimes use Square as a POS system, since there is a device that can connect to your phone to swipe a card. If Stripe had the same device and capabilities as Square such as sending e-invoices to others or swiping a card using a device, Stripe would be a great all-in-one platform.
February 29, 2020

Great at what it does, recent changes make it less great.

Alternatives Considered

Stripe does subscriptions pretty well, and the API makes it really easy to work with compared with PayPal. And Shopify seemed to have a lot more limitations as to where it could be implemented, when we researched it several years ago.
Reagan Baird Nash | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Using Stripe for my Small Business

Alternatives Considered

I use both options pretty interchangeably, to be honest. Both Paypal and Stripe connect to the scheduling software I use and prefer (Acuity Scheduling), so I don't have any problem switching between the two. I've also used Venmo for these same purposes, but much prefer Stripe for the integrations, automation, and online dashboard functionality.
Read Reagan Baird Nash's full review
Anush Ramani | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Amazing API allowing super fast development, but at a $$$ cost

Alternatives Considered

Stripe is significantly easier to integrate with than all other payment processors. We have integrations with Authorize.Net & CyberSource, but their support is extremely poor when compared with Stripe. We have an integration with PayPal as well, but have effectively deprecated it due to numerous issues and will not bring new customers on to it.

Square only recently began supporting our marketplace model, so it's too soon to say if they would be a good fit or not.
Read Anush Ramani's full review
October 04, 2019

Stripe: Reliable but there are better options out there

Alternatives Considered

Where Stripe takes around a week to deposit funds, Square does this the following day and there is an option to have funds sent same day (at a charge). As our average order price level is under £50 and is often under £20, the cost per transaction for us with Stripe is also higher (1.4% + £0.20) than with Square (1.75%). If the average order were higher, the odds would then be stacked in Stripe's favour, however. Square's user interface is also much more intuitive - and much jollier than Stripe's super serious tone!
December 06, 2019

Start-up Using Stripe

Alternatives Considered

We did not really evaluate Stripe against any competition since its popularity in the market is high and it is a reliable product, we based our selection on that. There are several products that can do the same as Stripe but will lack support, high reliability or detailed API documentation.
Witt Sparks | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 29, 2019

Stripe for a Laravel SaaS

Alternatives Considered

Our previous product was Cloudnet360, which provides an integrated shopping cart and CRM. With Cloudnet, our customers had to leave our site and go to an outside checkout page in order to purchase. In addition, Stripe provides a robust API which allows us to automate more of the work of maintaining a subscription service.
Read Witt Sparks's full review
Adam Stern | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 19, 2019

Stripe - great features, easy to implement

Alternatives Considered

When deciding what payment processing platform to implement, we chose between Dwolla, Paypal, Braintree, Google Marketplace, and of course, Stripe. Most of the options had similar offerings. Dwolla had a different pricing structure which requires an enterprise contract. Dwolla and Stripe had the best customer service. Google Marketplace was a disaster in many respects. In the end, Stripe had the most effective pricing structure, the nicest feature set, and the best documentation.
Read Adam Stern's full review
Christopher Page, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2019

Stripe-An Easy Billing Choice That'll Grow With Your Company

Alternatives Considered

I've used PayPal in the past and while it's great for trustworthiness, it's not as nice as Stripe. I prefer to use Stripe due to the dashboard, coupon functionality, easy subscription billing, nice invoices, and integration features available. PayPal is still a great platform, with the same costs, but at the end of the day, Stripe UIX and integration possibilities made it look more professional (due to white label ability).
Read Christopher Page, MBA's full review
July 16, 2019

Pretty good payment platform

Alternatives Considered

As I wrote previously in the review, Stripe has a very clear and pretty intuitive user interface which helps to attract new users. Also Stripe integration process with new software products is quite simple. I would also note that Stripe is more popular that WePay and Amazon Pay, and it's easier to use Stripe within a business environment.
Brandon Zell | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2018

An excellent tool once it's set up.

Alternatives Considered

Compared to using PayPal for recurring monthly fees, Stripe is more professional, better designed, and gives you more control over everything. PayPal is easy to get started, and it's possible to use even on a flat-file website, but Stripe is by far a better experience once you're setup.

I've not used Braintree very much, but I believe I ran into some problems setting up my account that I didn't run into with Stripe.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2018

Stripe for Multiple Kajabi Accounts

Alternatives Considered

They are very similar. PayPal charges you monthly to have the ability to set up monthly payments. I had a problem with PayPal earlier this year where it would let me set up a recurring payment but then would not let me charge my customer the following month. It's actually a pain in the ass to have to go into PayPal every month and bill your clients on the billing cycle day. Stripe does it automatically.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Austin Grammon | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2018

Is it black with white Stripe, or white with black Stripe? Luckily Stripe makes it simple.

Alternatives Considered

Stripe is incredibly easy to use and has the feature set that a custom build billing system would. They've thought about everything, and for our industry they are perfect. The biggest advantage that Stripe has is their incredibly easy to use "Products" section. This makes it incredibly simple to set up more complicated payment structures like recurring subscriptions and annual payments. No other system we've found is as easy to use and set up.
Read Austin Grammon's full review
Ben Gelsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 29, 2018

Stripe is dominating the payments API sector

Alternatives Considered

In previous projects, I've used both Braintree and Stripe. Stripe's API, ease of use, developer documentation, and out of the box features like "Stripe Checkout" blow Braintree out of the water. Plus, in general I try my best to avoid doing business with PayPal (which is the parent company of Braintree).
Read Ben Gelsey's full review
Heather Frick | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 24, 2018

Major Props for Stripe

Alternatives Considered

Compared with iATS Payments, Stripe has cleaner reporting and is very straight-forward. One benefit to Stripe is that it takes out the credit card fees at the time it sends the payments to the bank. iATS Payments does not do this (except for Discover cards) - credit card processing fees are taken out at the end of the month, which can lead to inaccurate amounts at times. Stripe is much more accurate in this area.
Read Heather Frick's full review

About Stripe

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts payements via Stripe Atlas, fraud prevention via Stripe Radar, and payment analytics via Stripe Sigma.

Stripe Technical Details