Stripe

Stripe the Paypal killer!

Through Wave Apps, I use Stripe as my primary billing method to collect my monthly web care payments from my clients. I also have it as my …

Stripe automates your billing!

Stripe helps us collect customer payment automatically. My entire company uses Stripe, and it helps us easy track invoicing, …

Easy Payment Processor

I use Storenvy to sell some of my products—Stripe was the way to receive payments. When a customer places an order with me, the money is …

Stripe just works. Use it.

We use Stripe as a payment processor for our e-commerce business. Stripe came about as a super simple method of embedding code into …

Swipe with Stripe

I am the sole owner of my business and use a software system called Simple Practice. I use Stripe to run my clients' credit card payments …

Stripe

Stripe is being used as our primary credit card processor. It is used to collect 80% of our revenue collection across the company. We have …

Sigma

per charge

Radar

per screened transaction

Issuing

per virtual card

What is Stripe?

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts payements via Stripe Atlas, fraud prevention via Stripe Radar, and payment analytics via Stripe Sigma.

Additional features and modules include Stripe Issuing, which allows users to create, manage, and distribute virtual and physical cards. Control expenses, reduce operational burden, and create new lines of revenue. Stripe Invoicing is a global invoicing platform. Stripe Treasury is a banking-as-a-service API that lets users embed financial services in a marketplace or platform. With a single integration, enable customers to hold funds, pay bills, earn interest, and manage cash flow.

Stripe Video

The opportunity ahead (and at Stripe)

Stripe Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Stripe's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.5.

Who uses Stripe?

The most common users of Stripe are from Small Businesses and the Computer Software industry.

Great card processing service, generally stellar customer support. They have however fallen through the floor for us.

We have been locked out of our account for close to 72 hours for "security reasons" with no recourse, update, or context as to how this can be resolved. We reached out to Stripe about an unknown login 14 days ago, they promised they would investigate what occurred during that login. We followed up three days later and they again said they would resolve it and investigate. 11 days after that original outreach, they decided that they needed to lock us out of our account due to this security concern.

They refuse to speak to us over the phone and have around $20,000 in payments sitting in the locked account. They refuse to distribute them or give us any information. Their only response has been "we will contact you soon via email or phone". For 72 hours they have been continuing to draw funds from our customers and we have no idea who they are distributing those funds to, if customer cards are valid, if we need to fulfill those orders. We have no transparency and are beyond displeased with their lack of care on this matter. Find another processor if you want 100% uptime.
Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Stripe primarily with our online courses and membership sites through Kajabi. We think it's a great way to manage monthly subscriptions or recurring charges such as payment plans. We set everything up in Kajabi and then it just works in Stripe. When we shut down a membership program it was very easy to go into Stripe and cancel the recurring payments and also to refund people who had paid in advance.
Bryan McAnulty | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you are building a custom web, mobile, or e-commerce application, Stripe is the most flexible, easiest to implement, and feature-rich platform available today. Other payment processors have poor APIs, poor documentation, and poor support in comparison. We've worked with a number of more legacy payment gateway and merchant account setups in the past, and the hassles and hurdles slow down product development.

Stripe's support is extremely fast and knowledgeable. We can ask Stripe's live chat a complex software implementation question and have an answer from a real knowledgeable person in minutes. Getting a helpful answer at all from some other payment services we have worked with can be a challenge in comparison.
James Crook ☛ Business Coach for Massage Therapists ☚ | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe is an easy way to charge people's credit cards because it connects easily with online shopping carts and other services. It does a good job because it's simple and it has wide connectivity.
February 20, 2021

Stripe the Paypal killer!

Kevin Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I can't think of any scenario where Stripe isn't appropriate except if a client or customer needs to use Stripe in a country where it's not supported. I BELIEVE it only works in America, but don't quote me on that! Any business that needs a trusted and reliable gateway should try Stripe for their business. The setup process is very easy, and your account activates fully once you verify some important info.
Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching | TrustRadius Reviewer
Very well suited for small businesses that want to accept credit card payments without using a bank merchant account and paying monthly fees. Also, the transaction fees are low, the setup is quite easy, and it integrates with most online software and platforms.
If you have a small to medium sized business Stripe is most likely the perfect solution for you. It will automate almost all of your billing, freeing up your time to be used elsewhere. If you have a large business I would recommend getting in touch with the Stripe customer support team first to ensure it will be a good fit for you.
Stripe is one of the easiest solutions to integrate payment processing into your store. However, if you are using Shopify to sell your products, I would use Shopify payments instead. As you scale, Shopify payments become a lot less expensive. If they are selling on places outside of Shopify, I would definitely recommend Stripe as a solution.
Stripe is a great payment processor and I've had no issues with it at all. It's good for small businesses and WordPress websites in particular, though in order to use things like recurring payments with subscriptions, you will have to purchase additional (costly) plugins for it to work with WooCommerce.
The great thing about Stripe is that once it's embedded and integrated as the payment processor on your e-commerce platform of the channel, it just works. Since integrating it years ago we've never had an outage or a problem where the module could not accept payments. That kind of peace of mind is invaluable considering how many other things can go wrong. If it's offered as an option on the channel that you're using—use it! I can't really think of a scenario where using Stripe would have a downside, other than if the platform or channel you're using does not offer it as an integration option yet. And if that's the case, ask for it!
Reagan Baird Nash | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe is great for small businesses and ministries like mine. For someone with all kinds of clients and accounts, offering all kinds of payment options to those who are submitting money to my business is always a plus. No matter what payment methods they use, it gets wired right to my business bank account with no problem at all.
March 09, 2020

Stripe

Stripe is a very robust payment processing product. It is a great tool for small businesses to large businesses. The fee price point is right in line with PayPal. Reporting by customer/day/month is very intuitive. I like being able to drill down to all sorts of variations of reporting.
Jon Walka | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe has just been a lifesaver when setting up billing and subscriptions, running payments, and has been a massive upgrade from the homegrown system we had built for billing prior to migration. The company itself has been great from the setup to support aspect so they've shown their worth at all stages. We've been really also really lucky to not have any issues. When things just work it's just great.
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think that Stripe well suited for any business all or large, generating online business and wanting to increase sale outlets and profit. It’s great for websites, and suitable for invoicing as well. It’s maybe not appropriate for someone who is already using another platform to sell products. It might be keeping the business more organized to keep track of just one company to charge. Especially if that has multi employees doing transactions.
David S. Levine, CFRE | TrustRadius Reviewer
For nonprofits, their rates are unbeatable. Except for donation/payment platforms that claim to be free (they never are), Stripe's rates are the best (2.2% + $.30 for V/MC, 3.5% + $.30 for AmEx, cap of $5 fee for ACH/EFT/Bank Account). They also do offer a lot of reporting and integration options, which, if you can navigate them, are very helpful, particularly for finance and reporting. It's not as easy to set up what data is collected permanently from transactions, unfortunately, so don't count on Stripe for address collection, but for the rest, it is quite suitable for nonprofits.
Stripe get the payments done easily! When customers request payment history or the reissuing of a receipt it is simple to provide and access. Handling disputes is also made fairly simple in Stripe. The security associated with Stripe is top-notch. I'm never concerned about Stripe's authentication. Creating coupon offers is very simple and easy to implement!
Stripe is great for a bigger business with multiple clients/customers who have recurring charges. It is great to keep track and schedule invoices, has risk evaluation for customers, and is easy to navigate through the website to find certain charges. This is not a good platform for freelancers or smaller businesses who need a POS system.
It works really well as a payment processor. However, we also have to use PayPal as well, because we found that a lot of people prefer to use PayPal because at the point of sale, they either don't feel like going and getting out their credit cards, OR they feel more secure just having their credit card information in one place (PayPal) instead of putting it in several places online. Because of this we were losing out on a lot of sales, so we now offer both credit card payments through Stripe, and Pay with PayPal options.
Anush Ramani | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stripe has a great API and SDKs to get up and running very quickly. It has one of the best API documentation I have ever worked with. It is in stark contrast with all the other payment processors I've worked with where the documentation is sparse and difficult to follow. You can also get started with Stripe without even creating an account, which makes the barrier to entry very simple. Compare this with other processors where you have to jump through several hoops to get a login.

Where Stripe falls apart is when you have lots of volumes, and you're using a lot of their features. Things get expensive fast since they charge for pretty much everything little thing. The fees may not be hidden, but there are so many of them that it's tough to know your upfront costs.