I have been using the product for several years now. I have been very satisfied with it and the way it has integrated into many of the …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- With less or very rare kernel panic events, system uptime has been very good
- Application performance have been stable
- Memory intensive databases also runs smooth
- Budgetary improvements.
- Better vSphere resource usage through consistency.
- Better sys admin time management through consistency/automation.
- none so far
- Immense stability.
- It allows a very small team to manage a large number of servers, due to its automation and manageability.
- SAP supports it very well, making it straightforward to manage. There are also "recipes" for Oracle which has all of the requisites to install an Oracle DB; which helps with deployment immensely.
- It lets us run large SAP instances in SLES on Power, helping us with support, manageability, and performance.
- Support costs are high, but required for SLES for SAP.
- We just recently moved from a Windows server setup to a Suse Linux setup. Running through the entire process of computing for a Return on Investment would take us a full 2 years more based on current best practices in our company. So far, we have achieved our business objective of ensuring that our SAP is running as smoothly as possible.
- The licensing and maintenance renewal costs of SUSE Linux are less than other comparable Linux offerings. Being a solid performer with technologies that are well supported makes SUSE Linux a serious contender when shopping around.
- Because it works so well with mainstream and commodity hardware makes it very viable in the data center environment.
- Our admins didn't need to get any special training to learn a whole new set of CLI commands to administer the software due to most of it being configurable via GUI menus and modules.
- Our Go-Live time was less than estimated. A good amount of credit goes to the ease of deploying Suse Linux on around 200 Virtual Machines we have.
- We didn't have to train our system admins to learn Suse Linux.
- Compared to others, use is more stable and scalable; easy to manage.
- The administration tools are very useful in helping the staff performance.
- SLES proved to be a very extendable product, supporting all of our infrastructure.
- The major reason I chose to use the product was the extensive enterprise peripheral support.