Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Symantec Critical System Protection, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Symantec Embedded Security: Critical System Protection is a compact, signatureless security agent designed for
devices being built for the collective category known as the Internet of Things. Optimized for embedded systems and
resource constrained environments, it can be integrated by device manufacturers or installed post market as part of
a cyber security strategy.
Symantec Embedded Security: Critical System Protection provides a host firewall, device and configuration control, file integrity monitoring, intrusion detection, operating system hardening, application whitelisting and automatic sandboxing. It has been designed to run on devices such as industrial control systems, medical devices, automotive telematics and infotainment units, Automated Teller Machines (ATM), Point of Sale terminals (PoS), and other single use devices.
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
|Supported Countries||Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia|
- Prevents exploits, unwanted executables, registry changes, and system file changes
- Can allow exceptions for software vendors such as Microsoft or Adobe
- Prevents lateral movement with certain network rules configured
- Can record file changes
- Tuning takes a very long time
- Turning the product on or off can take time
- When an action is prevented by CSP, there is no pop up or notification, making this a burden for server administrators
- Data Center Security 6.0 and higher allows you to easily build out policies to deploy to monitor/block what is required/needed.
- The agent that is installed on the hosts has a small footprint in terms of CPU and memory usage.
- The ability to customize it anyway you need to as well as utilize out of the box policies to monitor critical OS functionality.
- Symantec sometimes lacks when it comes to the interface. I hope they keep the software GUI based and do not strictly go to a web interface as they do with other products.
- Wish the policy packs were released separately via LiveUpdate instead of having to download new software versions.
- Wish agents could be updated via the console similar to SEP.