Reviews (1-25 of 36)
- Processes are clearly described in CCH Tagetik ; users can easily find where they are and which action they have to make
- Interaction with Excel is really fluid ; the Excel add-in is easy to deploy and to updgrade, in the hand of users. It is reliable provided the internet connection is fast.
- Managing hierachies is obvious in CCH Tagetik. Hierarchies are fundamental for a good reporting ; CCH Tagetik has obviously a deep experience of this feature.
- SaaS : our experience with CCH Tagetik is of only 1 year, but it technically performs well, the system is reponsive, no shut-down, and updates (every quarter) do not disturb production.
- AIH seems to be able to manage very large quantity of data, and to provide advanced analysis functionalities. We did not have time to explore them.
- Techical tools : ETLs are well structured, logical and understandable, but their interface is quite out-dated. Compared to pure ETLs like Alteryx, we long for a graphical interface. The HTML5 query interface (SQL) is too slow and too rough : hints on data model or field names would be appreciated.
- From a personal point-of-view, I would prefer a more compact web-interface, with smaller policies and other colours. OneStream or IBM analytics seem better on this aspect. It is subjective.
- Our business can be audited many years later. CCH Tagetik provides no particular improvement to restore data-sets that where used in the past (fact tables and dimensions), whilst avoiding to keep the old dimension values in the current application.
- Technical performances fall dramatically when trying to include too many dimensions in a report (even when using filters) ; it is difficult to export your data in flat files with the standard reporting tool. Switch to technical tools (SQL scripts, etc) are required for a reasonable time response.
- CCH Tagetik is a reporting-based solution, which helps greatly both for performing analysis and for showing data to Top Management.
- It is adaptable all the way through, from the workflow set-up all the way to the final reporting.
- It is flexible so that analysis can be performed both at an overview level and at a granular level.
- While the new interface is more intuitive, it's still easy to get lost - luckily the manuals are easily accessible!
- When something goes wrong, sometime error messages are a bit too vague for the basic user (like myself) to understand what the problem is and how to fix the issue.
The fact that it's a report-based system implies a greater ability for data manipulation, meaning of course a greater power of analysis: data can be easily grouped in different ways to satisfy different reporting needs.
Reporting wise, the types and the amount of data analysis available or that can be created are close to endless.
Having a quicker, more flexible way of analysing data certainly means better, faster reporting and better use of the data itself.
- Data entry procedures. The integration with MS Office suite applications made data entry activities easy like filling an Excel spreadsheet, with the only difference that any detail is stored in a consistent database which can be easily analysed.
- Reporting utilities. For the same reason the reporting tool makes data report and analysis easy and faster than before.
- The consolidation processes can be easily controlled thanks to a work flow utility which shows the main steps of the process and the state of completion validated by any single user.
- Data quality and auditability. Data are stored in a solid a consistent DB structure which contains also all the details suitable for any system audit need.
- ETL tools can be easily customized, thus allowing a fast incorporation of new companies into the consolidation perimeter with a specific ETL routine.
- A specific feature of CCH Tagetik let you create multiple scenarios in which you can vary for the same period the consolidation perimeter. This is very useful if you are looking for implementing what-if analysis tool or you need to make restatements to your previous closing.
- Collaborative Office tool to manage and draft the MS Word document end extract the iXBRL file in line with ESMA reccomandations.
- The communication between users on the same platform could be improved by means of a private chat system. It seems that they have worked on it and included in the last version.
- Online training
- in-person training
- Consolidating: creating a solid report from all the different inputs.
- Reporting: the data comes out exactly as we want it, how we want it.
- Input: the different users can just send us their data in xslx-format, CCH Tagetik does not require a great number of users all using the tool.
- The support and education possibilities are of great quality.
- The learning curve is quite steep.
- Sometimes the Italian terms are a bit hard to understand.
- User Friendly - users finds it very easy to use. For example the add-in in excel.
- All the data [is] centralized - the Head of Finance can access to the information quickly.
- Address a lot [of] issues related to the finance.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- More examples of cases.
We have many sources and platforms yet there are many reports that are handled manually (still). With what CCH Tagetik is able to provide, many of these teething issues can be taken in as a parameter maintenance and solved within minutes. Workflow is what the organization will be looking into for the current budget system. Exploration has been started, but it has yet to commence.
- Reports can be setup using multiple Hierarchy for various requirements.
- Reclassification be pre determine before the final report output.
- Workflow system to ease the lineage of how each report is formed and generated.
- It can be served as a one true source system.
- The steps of setting up the loading of data is slightly painful.
- The steps and error message while connecting the process workflow has to provide a hint on which area needed to be fixed (because it could be anywhere or anything).
- The combination of 2 segments for the excel upload on what's needed to eliminate is yet to resolved. Which made the entire list very long.
2. A very user friendly platform for Microsoft Office users, it has the capabilities to be a plug-in system and does not disrupt the day-to-day operations.
3. Able to connect with QlikView (in this case Qlik Sense) for visualization presentation.
4. The forecasting & console platform is very very powerful here in using CCH Tagetik.
- Quarterly closing &consolidation - accurate and fast. The ETL can be adjusted to our changing needs
- Reporting - excel interface that is flexible to design
- Budgeting and Forecasting - easy data entry, user independence
- Use of multiple scenarios
- Real time reporting - so far, complicated to set up in the company
- Group Cash Flow - still to be implemented
- HTML interface - slow passage
However as the system (namely process) is able to be setup as what we desired, users have been easily trained and understand what is required to input and load data, etc.
- Management reporting on monthly base.
- Consolidation on quarterly base.
- Entering budget.
- Integration with Excel.
- Good customer service desk.
- Very well documented.
- Easy to use as an administration with little IT skills.
- The user-friendliness of the HTML5 interface (might be a general thing with HTML5).
- More information in the tool itself.
- Better help functionality.
Very versatile and a lot of extra modules available (e.g. IFRS16 reporting, disclosure mgmt, tax calculation, ...).
It's clear that the program was designed by the financial users and not IT guys.
- The drilldown report function makes it easy for end users to drill into their numbers when they have queries.
- The workflows are great to support users provide the right information at the right point in time.
- A small point, but being able to add deadline dates to the process has helped, especially with different time zones/holidays to be accommodated, month end can move about a bit. With these dates it avoids any confusion, as people do not always note down dates that are sent via email.
- Appreciate it is an ever moving target, but some areas of the user manual are still showing screenshots just for flex, and it would be good to have them updated to HTML5, Deployment as an example.
- When looking at forms in HTML5 as a user, it would be good to have a search function if possible, rather than having to open multiple folders if you are not sure where a report is. Though I appreciate the function is there in Excel.
- It would be good if some of the error messages were understandable, as they are often either cryptic, or stack trace details. For some simple things, like trying to select another another element too quickly whilst something is still processing, it would be good to have something saying that, rather than "unable to invoke method click in com.vaadin.shared.ui.button.ButtonServerRpc".
I think the important thing is to not over engineer it, as if users have to select 10 plus parameters when running a report, this can cause confusion, and result in different users looking at slightly different cuts of the same data, e.g. due to selecting different scenarios for conversion.
- Accounting-based solutions.
- Strong support and implementation team.
- Strong experience in implementing financial/ accounting based solutions.
- Strong experience in IFRS 17.
- Complete experience in implementing IFRS 17 (but I do understand that IFRS 17 only comes into effect in 2023 - so everyone is still learning/ implementing).
- It would be great to have CCH Tagetik office/ implementation team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- It would be great if CCH Tagetik implementation team has resources with actuarial background.
- Easy configuration.
- Workflows and approval task.
- The possibility to report in an easy way, self-built forms from users.
- A complete switch to an html5 interface.
- Business analytics.
- API for integration with ERP solutions.
CCH Tagetik is being used by our CFO structure. We have built planning/budgeting applications and reconciliation between accounting and DWH data.
A big problem we had before CCH Tagetik was the absence of a structured system for the collection of data. We now have the ability to manage a simple workflow, and keep it monitored.
- integration with many databases
- flexibility of ETL system
- very strong audit tools
- reduce the number of options: sometimes you can do the same thing in too many ways
- reporting and dashboarding: in truth you can easily use third party software (if you have them), but I think there is ample room for improvement in the native reporting
I think the native application (Consolidation) is probably the best, but there is much opportunity to structure effective planning processes. In this case there needs to be more effort in terms of both function and implementation.
Another very effective application is cost allocation. CCH Tagetik provides a lot of native features that allow analysts to deploy allocation systems, even very complex ones.
- Automated consolidations have saved our company nearly one day of our consolidation close process, which was 1.5-2 days previously.
- Customer service. During implementation and even now, CCH Tagetik has a great team of associates who are always willing to help with problems or questions as they arise.
- Improved retrieve functionality. While the tool offers this, it is hard to use and the system doesn't appear to fully support it
- Easy to import and export data.
- Easy to manage data for regulatory requirements because it is easy to get the xbrl code.
- Strong data governance with the CCH Tagetik data flow facilities.
- The Tagetik code is not easy to manage and to explore. You need an IT specialist if you want to change some features or functionalities otherwise you need Tagetik support.
- It is not easy to manage data of different periods. There is significant room to improve this.
- More functionality to integrate Tagetik APM and CPM.
It's well suited to implement a solution that does not require a calculation engine and stochastic approach. For example to manage closing for an accounting department and to manage the repository for IFRS requirements. It's very powerful for CFO needs. CCH Tagetik is also well suited to provide collaborative disclosure management applications.
Today it's not appropriate to provide solutions in the risk management area.
- Ease of use
- Flexibility in addressing different issues with a different approach
- Tailored approach to the customer
- it is very good with its standard functions but not so much when the standard function is not available
- Menus and manuals are sometimes too technical
- It meets our business requirements in regards to the way of reporting.
- Data is easy to use and convert.
- It is easy to use with MS Office.
- Great customer support
- It takes time to understand how Tagetik works (menu options, place of the menus etc).
- Improve the add-in functionality for Excel and Word. For example, make the copy paste functionality more generic and easier to use when copying and pasting between DBs.
- Provide more and better explanation than the current manuals provided.
From a month we're using it also for Disclosure Management
- Each end user is able to easily manage the application and his reporting.
- Easy integration with other business.
- When you have CCH Tagetik and you have to do a new project, you think ..... "Can I do this project with CCH Tagetik?"
- Development times are much faster.
- I would like to use all client features on web pages.
- CCH Tagetik is extremely flexible and customizable to your business needs.
- It creates financial statement reports extremely fast and gives us the ability to slice and dice financial metrics in more ways than you can imagine.
- I see CCH Tagetik as a long term business partner to help us solve problems.
- A solid implementation team and process.
- Until you get familiar with the software, screens, buttons, etc, are not necessarily intuitive. It just takes time
- Without being involved in the implementation process. A new user might have some difficulty getting up to speed on writing reports and using the system.
- Having a liaison at CCH Tagetik that really understands our business needs so they can help guide us at various stages on implementing parts of CCH Tagetik that we may not be aware of.
- CCH Tagetik has allowed us to create multiple hierarchies to customize numerous reporting requirements.
- CCH Tagetik provides us with the flexibility to easily create reports in-house. Each report has sparked interest in additional reports that we have been able to create with little or no outside help.
- As our business has expanded and use of "best of breed" sub-systems has grown, CCH Tagetik has provided us a means to bring all the data together and view on one report.
- We are on an older version, so some things may have changed, but some of the commands are in Italian, which can be a little frustrating (or an opportunity to learn a new language).
- Non-financial directors have wished it to be a little more user friendly. I don't think it is a problem, but in order to be flexible users may have too many choices to make.
- Formatting of reports (once again we are on an older version) could be easier.
- It caters for and provides solutions to complicated processes
- It can be rolled out over a wide geography
- Handles large data sets
- The same product can be used for multiple business processes
- It's very flexible
- It's sometimes too complicated i.e. the reporting building is more difficult than it needs to be
Can the product manage existing processes?
- Integration with Excel.
- Easy to create and maintain dimension elements and hierarchies.
- Automation and scheduling of data uploads.
- Error messages can be difficult to understand - particulalry when written in Italian!
- Excel interface capability makes it easier for user adoption
- Web interface and workflow provide both simplicity and control
- Multi-currency support
- Raw data import process could be simpler and faster
- Easier transition from Excel-based templates to Web-based
- Needs a complete HTML5 Admin console
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik?
The vendor states that companies trust CCH Tagetik solutions to save time, lower costs and reduce risk. Customers use CCH Tagetik to get a faster close, conduct more forward looking-planning and in-depth analytics by connecting data, processes and people with a single trusted source. CCH Tagetik Finance Transformation Platform, powered by the Analytic Information Hub, is a comprehensive unified platform that connects finance and operations and streamlines consolidation & close, planning, profitability, reporting & analytics, disclosures and regulatory compliance. Embedded AI and machine learning (ML) provides out-of-box predictive planning and a foundation for the future. CCH Tagetik can be deployed as SaaS, private cloud, or on-premise. The flexibility to migrate from one to the other means that the solution can match a company's strategy, today or in the future. The vendor boasts over 1,300 customers globally using CCH Tagetik to increase efficiency, reduce risk, and saved money.
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Screenshots
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Integrations
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Competitors
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||All regions|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Italian, French|