- Allows us to stay nimble and focus on limited developer resources to other more critical development tasks.
- By have the flexibility to add, but also to remove tags easily, you can ensure your site speed doesn't suffer from forgotten tags still on the site.
- A lot of tags are almost plug and play, but some complex tags (e.g., Sitecatalyst) do require assistance from Tealium's support team. That being said rarely has this help spilled over into billable support hours. It is usually covered by our standard support agreement, which is offered to all clients. The Tealium support team is very available to support us on a daily basis.
- The user interface is easier to use and organizationally more helpful than that of other tag management solutions.
- The versioning system provides a nice diagram to minimize confusion when trying to trace a particular change/version
- The Tealium support team is by far one of the biggest benefits. The are friendly, helpful, and quick to respond. We've had some bad experiences with vendors that thought they knew GTM but ended up breaking our site several times. With Tealium, it is their product, and they know it best. We haven't had any site problems as a result.
- The Teamium team is great at onboarding. They do an analysis of current analytics tagging and suggest a tagging strategy for the UDO. The UDO is a universal data object that holds relevant data for any given page. This is the same concept as Googel TagManager's data layer. However, the Tealium team is right there guiding the implementation team through the process. They then end with an audit and training to make sure everything is good to go live. There is no endless Googling about what might be the best way to implement something.
- Tealium's tag marketplace is where you can find a smorgasbord of vendor tags. We only ran into one vendor tag they didn't have from an obscure vendor. Their solution to this: they were happy to write us a tag and add it to the tag marketplace! Tealium really does pamper their clients and are always willing to help.
- Really the only thing I can think of is that the js templates for custom containers are hard to find. The casual marketing user would probably never find it unless they researched it. But then again, our marketing department usually isn't changing these. Just one of those things that as a developer, you have to remember how to do or make a note of.
- Your marketing team needs to move faster on actionable data than your IT team can deploy tags.
- You want to give your marketing team the power and responsibility of managing and deploying analytics tags.
- Vendor tags are interfering with site performance or uptime and you wish to have an easy "off" switch.
One key question to ask is: "Do I need assistance with the technical implementation of the data layer?". And if you do, "how much assistance?". Another question is "does our marketing team need direction on a data layer or tagging strategy?" Tealium excels at these areas because of their excellent support before, during, and after implementation.
- User interface is simple and easy to understand
- Our deployment engineer and account manager have been outstanding resources for us
- Gives us the flexibility to put our data into a readable, understandable format before it gets stored in our data warehouse
- Puts data in the hands of a data team instead of developers
- Biggest issue: I wish it were easier to define click events in Tealium without using jQuery. If there were something in the interface that allowed us to pull in the code we need to define these events without relying on our devs.
- It would be nice if only one person were allowed in a profile at a time. If someone's in there, please lock out other people.
- Please alphabetize the dropdown list of available variables in the data layer! It's very frustrating to hunt through a list of 100+ variables to find the one I need.
- Quick deployment and rollback of tags.
- Ease of new tag deployment with canned implementations.
- Ease of user management.
- Good debugging tools.
- Extensions can be difficult for some to get their head around.
- Sometimes end users don't understand the important difference between adding a tag and adding to the UDO.
- Creates an easy wizard interface to deploy tags that any one can follow.
- Makes tags easily customizable for your business needs.
- Provides outstanding support and training on the tool.
- Web companion has some room for improvement.
- The labeling system could be improved to help organization of multiple rules and tags.
- A large number of existing vendor templates to make it easy to roll out new tags quickly
- A robust data layer
- Excellent user interface
- Great customer support and large community
- While the UI is great, it can be a little overwhelming. I am not sure there is much that can be improved. I think it just requires some good training.
- User-interface. We have found the UI to be very intuitive which has made it easier to get use to and features like the color-coding of changed elements and labels make using the tool very eary.
- Extensions. These are an incredibly powerful way to enrich and power our data layer.
- Customer service. Our AM is terrific. He's very responsive and always bends over backwards to help.
- Mobile interface. I had to make a change recently from my phone and it required pinching and zooming on the desktop site.
- Correctly categorizes the main functions of the system.
- Provides the key value of abstraction.
- I don't see any mobile/tablet support for the iQ. It would be great to see a subset of the features available on other devices.
- The UI relies a little too heavily on popups.
- Allows for easy tag management
- Organization of tags so you know where and what to look for
- Pretty intuitive if the data layer is set up properly
- I would say a quick and easy way to have jQuery pre written for extended tracking functionality that may be a common request. Users would then just fill in the missing pieces based off of their site design
- It is feature rich, you have features for all kinds of uses
- the granularity of configs that are sometime needed by web analytics tags is possible to do. Many can be done with little programming/JS skills
- amazing number of partners and reliable partnership with CDNs
- Single Sign On integration with our corporate website is missing. If we had this, people don't need to create separate accounts on tealium. makes it compliant to corp information security policy
- too many features and possibility which can be overwhelming for most users (other than power user). Feels like it needs long learning curve.
- Code once deploy to myriad of other tags
- One dashboard to manage all tags
- Cleans up code on site.
- Better notifications when the Tealium code is updated. We had system issues because we were unaware of Tealium updates.
- Instant access to the code implemented on our site
- Allows us to get the data from across multiple channels
- Removes the dev cycle from getting changes made
- As an intermediate user, it's complex to understand where to start when something needs to be implemented.
- Switching between tabs works, but wonder if it could be improved upon when building out your data needs.
- Tag management.
- Provide a stable and reliable tag delivery.
- Multiple tag configuration with rollback ability.
- A Tealium certification program is needed to realize the full potential of the software. This would be a professional asset as well for marketing careers.
- More detailed daily delivery reports with as much details as possible regarding tag failures.
Tealium Tag Management is used across our entire company. We use it to implement everything from basic marketing tags, to our in house and third party analytics platforms and even to add content to the site instead of jumping through the hoops with our CMS.
Tealium allows us one place to do everything we need to do. It allows us to do it quickly and efficiently.
- Tealium has a clean, easy to use interface to help you get the job done right the first time.
- Tealium makes it easy to make sure the right tag is setup and won't cause problems on the site.
- The interface can get slow when you start to have a lot of tags setup on a profile. Once you hit 600+ tags in a profile, it takes a long time to do anything.
- The tag templates are awesome, and allow us do anything we need with a tag. But are COMPLICATED to modify.
- Versioning and rollback features are excellent.
- Many tags are supported out of the box.
- The data layer is powerful and easy to populate.
- Custom tags can be complex; using extensions to populate data layer objects to feed custom tags is tricky.
- Mobile SDK?
- User friendly i.e. better than programmer freindly
- Excellent customer support
- Easy contract terms
- Tealium is relatively easy to set up. Just like any other software installation, it neads planning and coordination between the Analysts, Programmers, Analytics Implementation Manager and Tealium Manager/Programmer.
- The documentation can be improved
- Need more customer training
- Accessible to non-technical users; removes my development team from the tagging process.
- Turn-key integrations with Google Analytics, AdWords and over 700 partners.
- Every bit of code delivered by Tealium can be served from a CDN (like Akamai), which means it can potentially load much faster than a tool requiring server-side technology.
- Database Connectors ( i.e. MySQL ).
The tool is used mostly by the Analytics department and for our clients its addresses the challenge of limited IT bandwidth and need for multiple tags to help track different partners.
- Ease of use. This tool is very easy to use and the interface is very user friendly. Tealium also provides a comprehensive user learning community to help answer most questions that can up during any point of the user process.
- Powerful. The tool is beyond powerful, you can not only manage tags for your site, but you can use the tool to solve a multitude of site side issues without the need for complicated development or IT resources.
- Support. The support that comes from Tealium is unmatched. Any issue or challenge you have, your account manager is right there to help you. The response rate and turnaround on solutions is great and they make you feel like they generally care the success of your implementation.
- There are limitations on what you can find in the learning community. So rare or unique issues will usually not be resolved by doing a search on your own, which requires reaching out to your rep for support. It would be nice if there was documentation in the learning community to help with these scenarios.
- Ridiculously awesome client services and support. Tealium listens to feedback, implements changes and is truly a partner in marketing.
- Tag library. The comprehensive tracking tag library makes it easy to find and configure tags - even comparing your implementation to the 'stock' tags in the system.
- Flexibility and features. The system is constantly evolving. The product today is much more featured than the product a week ago, a month ago, and a year ago. Tealium is clearly invested in developing the best product possible and will do whatever it takes to meet needs.
- It's not free.
- SMBs. Tealium was built from the ground up to meet the needs of enterprise businesses with marketing challenges. The current product might not be the best for your five man shop with simple marketing needs.
Tealium iQ Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Tealium iQ
Tealium iQ Competitors
Tealium iQ Technical Details