https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ji/QU/PSLA297N9OQF.JPEGLearned Spotfire for work, quit my job, now I use it for school.Currently I use Spotfire with a student license to visualize my research data for my graduate program. Previously I worked as an engineer at a large company where Spotfire was used to generate reports (some custom some automated) at various stages of a manufacturing for general operations and issue disposition. I gained a lot of familiarity with the tool generating ad hoc reports for personal use to the point that I was eventually writing automated reports that supported others within my group. Besides my department, Spotfire was used across the whole organization; there was a group of engineers that supported all departments by generating and maintaining reporting in Spotfire mostly for manufacturing (they were also responsible for setting up the backend databases for those reports.),Dynamic visualizations, I like that it's intuitive to flip between different ways of seeing the data until I can get the story the data is telling. Importing data, I like being able to import a csv (or in the past, use custom sql to query a db) then do multiple transformations (pivot, calc cols, etc.) and create the visualizations I need. Especially beneficial that I can add to or replace the initial imported data and as long as I match the format the transformations and visualizations will update. As great as it is to view data in Spotfire, the universal reporting standard is powerpoint. Spotfire does a good job allowing me to export the visualizations I have created to a format everyone can view.,Would like to be able to use network graphs without a separate license. The built-in SQL in Spotfire developer is clunky, but there's no good way to debug custom written SQL. Zoom on map reports is too discretized, I find I want to zoom to a point that is between two options so I end up with a visualization that is either too far away and has empty space or too close and is missing data. Geographic plotting in new to me and the crappy zoom overall feels out of place with Spotfire's general fluidity.,10,JMP Pro,My role was a little disconnected from this. I don't know but I'd imagine it created a lot of visibility to where money was being lost in manufacturing.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,Have not used anything but Spotfire.,JMP Pro, AnacondaA Fresh Way to Present DataTIBCO Spotfire is currently only used by myself. I work for a small geophysics start-up and I'm one of 5 employees total. We collect lots of numbers during geophysical surveying and as a result we process lots of data in the office. While half the job is collecting the values and interpreting them, the other half is presentation and explanations of the data we collect and being able to show its relevance to our clients' situations.,Online storage of some documents. We do a lot of data sharing via cloud storage and it helps to have some flexibility when you work out of office or at home. You can upload it in the field and have it ready to go when you're back at the office. Great graphics. Clients really want to see things they understand. Geophysics can be hard to understand so it helps to have so many great options for displaying the raw data we collect. User friendly! I know it sounds like a simple thing but data processing programs aren't always easy to navigate from the get-go. I was able to learn pretty quickly how to manage things and get what I wanted out of it.,The interface makes it a little difficult to try and rearrange or make adjustments to the raw data. It's easy to display the data but not as easy if you have to make some minor tweaks to titles or sorting.,10,Google Drive and Microsoft Office 365,Self-taught,No. Spotfire is the first TIBCO product any of us have used.,Google Drive, Microsoft Office 2016, ArcGISEasy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic dataWe use TIBCO Spotfire primarily as a lab, but it is also used throughout the department for varying purposes. Our use of it in the lab is to create complex, three dimensional statistical graphs that would otherwise require a very specialized and expensive program. Even with the specialized program, TIBCO Spotfire does a much better job at presenting the data and allowing customization.,Customization - can change anything about an image from the color to the layout. Much easier than Microsoft products! User friendly - no tutorial or instruction manual necessary. Great data organization - very easy to display even the most complex data in an understandable way.,Sometimes it is difficult to import data from things like Microsoft Excel. It would be nice to have multiple different export file types so that Spotfire can be more compatible with more programs.,8,GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel, Isentia.Buzznumbers and Cashier Live,Faster data output. More consistent displays. More universal use across the office.,Online training Self-taught,We have only used TIBCO Spotfire.,Microsoft 365 Business, Apple iCloud, MATLABOverviewTIBCO is being used as an important tool for data visualization techniques. Data Science team has been exclusively using the TIBCO software for data visualization for quite some now. Also the services offered by TIBCO Spotfire are quite satisfying and reliable.,Dashboard Charts Visualization,Quite satisfying Perfect No improvements required,8,Better results Accurate results Useful,Self-taught,No other products were integrated but was directly usedPowerful Analysis Program Worth Paying ForOnly optimisation engineers in countries around the world have access to Spotfire. We use it so analyse drilling trends, identify errors in data and hazardous events that have occurred. I am the only user in Australia for my company.,Great marking and colouring options to highlight necessary data. Particularly helpful in scatter plots with segment colouring options. The details visualisation allows quick analysis of multiple parameters to identify trends Adding calculation columns are easy and simple to write if more data is required. Refreshing of data from source is also helpful.,I find it difficult to view large scale data on x-y scatter plots where multiple data needs to be viewed on the x-axis. We generally put depth drilled on the y-axis and up to 3 variables on the y-axis but Spotfire does not view this data very well. Ability to auto calculate a trend line by selecting two points of data on x-y scatter plot would be useful for viewing. The print preview button doesnt save the last setting so when printing multiple landscape views I had to change my options every time. Just a bit tedious. Don't really understand trellis options yet but still learning on this.,8,,Limited experience but so far great program and saved many hours of analysis over Excel.,Self-taught,No.
Windows, Linux, Mac
TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO Spotfire Reviews

TIBCO Spotfire
Top Rated Award
Showing 190 of 491 TIBCO Spotfire ratings and reviews.
David Glennon profile photo
October 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Learned Spotfire for work, quit my job, now I use it for school."

Read David Glennon's full review
Abigail Bowden profile photo
September 24, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "A Fresh Way to Present Data"

Read Abigail Bowden's full review
Shelby Bowden profile photo
September 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Easy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic data"

Read Shelby Bowden's full review
Tarang Gujar profile photo
August 17, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Overview"

Read Tarang Gujar's full review
Ellie Lock profile photo
October 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Powerful Analysis Program Worth Paying For"

Read Ellie Lock's full review
Kimberly Bartholomew profile photo
September 26, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Information Systems that students use Spotfire for real-world data analysis."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a college professor. I teach a Healthcare Information Systems Applications course where students work on several small community projects. We asked for an educational license for about two months so students could do some training and then use Spotfire for some analysis on their projects.
None of the students had used Spotfire before that class. They had all used Tableau, SAS, and Excel for reporting and data analytics.
Read Kimberly Bartholomew's full review
Mathew Dusharm profile photo
September 11, 2018

Review: "Trust, Automation, Reliance...TIBCO Spotfire."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO Spotfire is an integral tool for data analytics and data wrangling by my organization. Currently TIBCO Spotfire is being used for my professional research interests and has been an integral framework for reiterative tasks. TIBCO Spotfire has been able to handle all of my data wrangling problems with analytical precision with a flexible and responsive user interface!
Read Mathew Dusharm's full review
Kripesh Kutty profile photo
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Smart, secure enterprise class analytics platform"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's being used across the enterprise. It helps different groups build their own reports and we do build reports which are viewed enterprise-wide.
Read Kripesh Kutty's full review
Quang-Hoa Hong profile photo
September 04, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Oil and Gas"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Spotfire is used within only my department to analyze oil and gas parameters pertaining to drilling, completions, and production operations as well as geological attributes. All of these values were poured into Spotfire to try and determine their relationship between well performance. Optimization on all levels of upstream operations was the purpose of Spotfire in this case.
Read Quang-Hoa Hong's full review
Jeffrey Molloy profile photo
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire help handle the chaos."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I do not know about other users within the college, but I am using Spotfire for multiple purposes. Within my department, I have used Spotfire to perform exploratory analysis on class enrollment and management. A goal of the analysis was to evaluate conflicts that would be seen by the typical student in enrollments. I am a teaching faculty member as well and am considering developing an experiment on various data analysis techniques with chemical data.
Read Jeffrey Molloy's full review
Andrew Pruet profile photo
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire with TERR and Python"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Spotfire in many ways. Primarily, it is a fast data wrangling tool that lets you dig through and visualize data very quickly. Our team, in particular, uses it to look at oil and gas production data. In addition, we use Python and R in the backend to build more advanced applications.
Read Andrew Pruet's full review
Kyle Jordison profile photo
July 23, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire - Engineers and Geologists Getting Along"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Spotfire to analyze relationships between reservoir engineering, geological and operational data.
Read Kyle Jordison's full review
Germán Mandrini profile photo
July 19, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Precision Ag"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am doing a Ph.D. working with precision agriculture and variable rate technology. Since response patterns are variable and change by field, year, genotype, I use Spotfire to dynamically graph the response and detect those patterns. It's a powerful tool for data exploration.
Read Germán Mandrini's full review
Christopher Belis profile photo
July 02, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Very nice quality for a small price!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Spotfire was used by the management (myself) on 2 levels: implementation for marketing/finance departments, internal use for any data mining. The purpose was to ensure to know what is in the data, of both internal and external clients, to then explain them the output of analyses and finally help them with making decisions, creating plans, etc.
Read Christopher Belis's full review
Alex Walton profile photo
June 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire: the Wild West of BI Tools"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are converting from one tool to Spotfire. We need to match functionality from the other tool into Spotfire. It helps business users spend less time creating reports and more time making decisions
Read Alex Walton's full review
John Steinhauser profile photo
October 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Makes Big Data a Little Less Overwhelming"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using it in a Petroleum asset development class in the Petroleum Engineering department at Texas A&M University. So far, I have really appreciated how I can use Spotfire to wrangle and evaluate large amounts of data. My team is just in the beginning phase of applying it, but I have used it in the past at other companies and it has been crucial to my work.
Read John Steinhauser's full review
Arun Kumar profile photo
September 27, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "On the spot"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Being used for teaching data analytics module to students
Read Arun Kumar's full review
Obiageli Nnaji profile photo
September 06, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Analytics at your fingertips"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO Spotfire is being used across my organization for business plan and KPIs tracking, wells and reservoir surveillance, asset management, etc.
Read Obiageli Nnaji's full review
Elena Rouco Chas profile photo
September 06, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Good software"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Mostly all of the departments use Spotfire right now. It’s a great tool to see the insights of the data and it’s easy to create dashboards
Read Elena Rouco Chas's full review
Elisa Andujar profile photo
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire is a good tool"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This tool provides intuitive graphs and highly customizable elements. The appearance is similar to dashboards. You can use multiple data sources. I really think it's easy to learn.
Read Elisa Andujar's full review
Alvaro Calle Cordon profile photo
September 03, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire for big data visualization"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO Spotfire is being used by a specific department in the company on a daily basis to do BI and analytics, mostly descriptive statistics and dashboards across big data sets. We have it connected with a Cloudera cluster on premise
Read Alvaro Calle Cordon's full review
Sudha Govindaraju profile photo
September 03, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "TIBCO software is one of the best data analytics tools- Wanna know why??"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use TIBCO spotfire to deliver visual analytics of our data and also to compare one data set to other using pictorial description.
Read Sudha Govindaraju's full review
Gauthier Vasseur profile photo
August 27, 2018

Review: "Tibco Spotfire offers smooth learning curve and quick wins for more focus on business analytics goals and less on technology"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I work with large organizations on their data/digital transformation. Leveraging Spotfire makes the transition easy and frictionless. We need people to focus on their business goals not on the tech. Spotfire delivers the simplicity and logic that enables that. Learning curve fits within a day. Performance suits any business analytics needs. Visualization is powerful and satisfying to the users who are encouraged to do more. It is a great solution to support transformation in the digital age.
Read Gauthier Vasseur's full review
October 11, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire: "Spotfire - Review and analysis"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO Spotfire is being used by specific departments within our organization. Obviously with our organization being so large not all departments can utilize it. It addresses issues of dashboards and graphs. Data can be used in a better way and represented to make management decisions. We require analytics of data across different areas of the website and/or software. TIBCO helps track this beautifully and can be easily integrated with other software to derive this data. It has a very scientific way of generating data and reports. Publishing reports is also a breeze and can be done easily.
August 09, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire: "TIBCO Analytics review"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO is currently being used by certain departments in our organization. We are using it for analytics in understanding budgeting from various departments. It gives us clear visual analytics/reports during meeting discussions. Data is taken from various databases and systems and organized in the tool. We then create pie charts, bar graphs and spot charts in the tool. Each bar graph can be edited individually and modified. This makes it much more robust than advanced Excel.

Pixel Perfect reports (28)
Customizable dashboards (177)
Report Formatting Templates (153)
Drill-down analysis (176)
Formatting capabilities (184)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (134)
Report sharing and collaboration (166)
Publish to Web (138)
Publish to PDF (160)
Report Versioning (18)
Report Delivery Scheduling (102)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (187)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (167)
Predictive Analytics (143)
Multi-User Support (named login) (148)
Role-Based Security Model (124)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (138)
Responsive Design for Web Access (109)
Dedicated iOS Application (74)
Dedicated Android Application (11)
4.0
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (89)
REST API (25)
6.6
Javascript API (25)
6.6
iFrames (17)
6.4
Java API (21)
6.3
Themeable User Interface (UI) (26)
6.7
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (19)
6.4

About TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.

TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.

Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.

Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.

TIBCO Spotfire Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureSalesforce
Has featureSAP
Has featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Has featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Has featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)
Has featureSmart Recommendations for Visualizations
Has featureConnectors: OData, Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Attivio
Has featureEmbedded R Runtime Engine
Has featureK-Means Clustering, Holt-Winters Forecasting, Line Similarity
Has featureMulti-Layer Map Charts and Support for Shape Files

TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)

TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables

TIBCO Spotfire Integrations

Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Attivo Networks, TIBCO Simplr, Wordsmith by Automated Insights

TIBCO Spotfire Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire PlatformPlease contact TIBCO sales
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly$200Per Month, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual$2,000Per Year, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services$0.99Per Hour (Starting)
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud EnterprisePlease contact TIBCO sales

For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.

TIBCO Spotfire Support Options