https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ji/QU/PSLA297N9OQF.JPEGSmoke the competition with Spotfire!Spotfire is used to perform data analytics that can’t easily be done with other spreadsheet programs. Currently, the department that I work in does not use Spotfire. I used it on a trial basis and found it to be applicable and very effective. I am certain that other departments within Halliburton do use Spotfire.,Spotfire works very well as a central point for access to all data that could be used to analyze a subject and multiple types of spreadsheets and/or databases can be accessed with the same dashboard. Multiple plots, graphs, charts, maps, and other analytic tools are simple to apply to easily-filtered data. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the user interface, as Spotfire is a very, very customizable and powerful tool. Excellent support and educational resources are available to help decrease the learning curve and strengthen one's data analytic ability. The use of Spotfire ultimately helps to better understand the relationships and patterns that are or could be significant in building value for a company. It is not glitchy and has an intuitive user interface.,The code required to make customized commands could be improved by placing more focus on its usability for non-coders. This would greatly improve the use of Spotfire’s real power for many non-coder users. Maybe the ability drag and drop a spreadsheet or multiple files to a “Spotfire Analysis Bucket” to initiate a new dashboard would be handy. Easier access to download data from a particular graph to other spreadsheets.,10,Definitely positive, but I’m not in charge of that.,Self-taught,It was not integrated.,Microsoft 365 BusinessFast and easy eye-catching advanced dashboards at a unbeateable priceTIBCO Spotfire is being used for creating multiple Department Dashboards, such as Pharmacy, Oncology, Geriatrics. All these Dept. are working with 2 or more dedicated software with transactional databases providing partial information about their work. They are not able to get enough information. We use Spotfire to unify information and present summarise information in a graphical and comprehensive way, in order to give a global view to stakeholders.,Very fast to create new dashboards, system provides automatically options to make fine reports Very good filters, easy to use for non-analysts, good graphics and a lot of possibilities to create reports Very good technical support Very good price with top performance,Sometimes difficult to know what product and package fits your products Confusing documentation Not very comprehensive user access rights,10,QlikView, Microsoft SQL Server and Tableau Server,TIBCO Spotfire is allowing to get comprehensive information from databases at a real competitive price, with great customer support.,Self-taught,We have not integrated Spotfire with other products from TIBCO,RapidMiner Studio, DISCO,10,3,Integrating in More Departments to help them to have better information,Pharmacy cost control, Oncology actvity (patients taken care, quality control), Geriatrics activity report,We are still in deployment phase but doctors are beginning to see that they can take profit of the date they create everyday,10,6,5,,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,No, the decision was very good,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Although documentation is vast, it's very difficult to know what add-on or package you need to deploy. We install 2 times products not needed loosing a lot of time. Anyway, support is good and helping It was not easy to know what product and options we needed,7,10,Yes,Needed to use forecast predictions but didn't work on server. After providing logs and screenshots, Support engineer gave me the solution in 1 step,Fast and easy creation of new reports, powerful and fast filters. Easy-to-use time series graphic forecasting,Some add-ons are not included and not easy to integrate Time series Forecasting is only available on a graphic basis, not number Possible to integrate with R, but need to spend a lot of time to use scripts,Yes, but I don't use it,9Spotfire requires some effort, but offers the best combination of advanced analytics with data visualizationTIBCO Spotfire is used across the entire organization for implementing forecasting, data visualization, and model building. We use TIBCO Spotfire because of its advanced analytics capabilities combined with its broad data visualization offerings. Perhaps the most useful aspect of TIBCO Spotfire is the R Script interface, where we can use R scripts in Spotfire to create useful models and graphs.,TIBCO Spotfire performs well for analysts that need more than just real-time data visualizations. These analysts need the ability to create advanced models. TIBCO Spotfire's graphs are a little bit more difficult to create than some other data visualization tools. I think this comes with the advantage of allowing the user a greater ability to customize visualizations. The suggested graphs part of creating graphs is world class. It offers more than just one suggestion and makes it easy for the user to create usable graphics.,The software takes a while to start up. It's almost like using a Windows 7 machine with an old hard drive. Sometimes creating the most aesthetically-pleasing graphic takes a long time. This is because of the many adjustments that have to be made to a graph in Spotfire. Some other visualization software makes it easier. Although Spotfire has a number of advanced modeling capabilities, it would be nice to have more rather than having to build R scripts for some of the more advanced models.,9,Tableau Desktop, Qlik Sense, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner and Domo,The ROI from Spotfire has generally been positive. After digesting the healthy up front cost, analysts have come to rely on the software more than most any other software product besides perhaps Excel. The initial time spent on Spotfire looked like it might turn out to be a waste of money. But after putting the time in, Spotfire saves analysts time and thereby money. Perhaps the most positive return on investment from Spotfire is the automated reports, eliminating analyst effort.,Online training Self-taught,We have not specifically purchased any other add-on products to Spotfire. With that said, we are considering looking at Spotfire X. In addition, we are thinking of using Spotfire for more data wrangling, location analytics, real-time graphics, and real-time streaming of data. Of these, I think the two most important items that will save time are making the data wrangling tasks more automated and making the real-time streaming of data actually real-time streaming of data. Accomplishing these two tasks is more difficult than what it sounds.,Tableau Desktop, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, JMP Pro, Domo, Qlik SenseLearned Spotfire for work, quit my job, now I use it for school.Currently I use Spotfire with a student license to visualize my research data for my graduate program. Previously I worked as an engineer at a large company where Spotfire was used to generate reports (some custom some automated) at various stages of a manufacturing for general operations and issue disposition. I gained a lot of familiarity with the tool generating ad hoc reports for personal use to the point that I was eventually writing automated reports that supported others within my group. Besides my department, Spotfire was used across the whole organization; there was a group of engineers that supported all departments by generating and maintaining reporting in Spotfire mostly for manufacturing (they were also responsible for setting up the backend databases for those reports.),Dynamic visualizations, I like that it's intuitive to flip between different ways of seeing the data until I can get the story the data is telling. Importing data, I like being able to import a csv (or in the past, use custom sql to query a db) then do multiple transformations (pivot, calc cols, etc.) and create the visualizations I need. Especially beneficial that I can add to or replace the initial imported data and as long as I match the format the transformations and visualizations will update. As great as it is to view data in Spotfire, the universal reporting standard is powerpoint. Spotfire does a good job allowing me to export the visualizations I have created to a format everyone can view.,Would like to be able to use network graphs without a separate license. The built-in SQL in Spotfire developer is clunky, but there's no good way to debug custom written SQL. Zoom on map reports is too discretized, I find I want to zoom to a point that is between two options so I end up with a visualization that is either too far away and has empty space or too close and is missing data. Geographic plotting in new to me and the crappy zoom overall feels out of place with Spotfire's general fluidity.,10,JMP Pro,My role was a little disconnected from this. I don't know but I'd imagine it created a lot of visibility to where money was being lost in manufacturing.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,Have not used anything but Spotfire.,JMP Pro, AnacondaA Fresh Way to Present DataTIBCO Spotfire is currently only used by myself. I work for a small geophysics start-up and I'm one of 5 employees total. We collect lots of numbers during geophysical surveying and as a result we process lots of data in the office. While half the job is collecting the values and interpreting them, the other half is presentation and explanations of the data we collect and being able to show its relevance to our clients' situations.,Online storage of some documents. We do a lot of data sharing via cloud storage and it helps to have some flexibility when you work out of office or at home. You can upload it in the field and have it ready to go when you're back at the office. Great graphics. Clients really want to see things they understand. Geophysics can be hard to understand so it helps to have so many great options for displaying the raw data we collect. User friendly! I know it sounds like a simple thing but data processing programs aren't always easy to navigate from the get-go. I was able to learn pretty quickly how to manage things and get what I wanted out of it.,The interface makes it a little difficult to try and rearrange or make adjustments to the raw data. It's easy to display the data but not as easy if you have to make some minor tweaks to titles or sorting.,10,Google Drive and Microsoft Office 365,Self-taught,No. Spotfire is the first TIBCO product any of us have used.,Google Drive, Microsoft Office 2016, ArcGIS
Windows, Linux, Mac
TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO Spotfire Reviews

TIBCO Spotfire
Top Rated Award
Showing 210 of 537 TIBCO Spotfire ratings and reviews.

Paul E. Everett profile photo
December 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Smoke the competition with Spotfire!"

Read Paul E. Everett's full review
David Baltar Boilève profile photo
December 12, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Fast and easy eye-catching advanced dashboards at a unbeateable price"

Read David Baltar Boilève's full review
Thomas Young profile photo
December 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire requires some effort, but offers the best combination of advanced analytics with data visualization"

Read Thomas Young's full review
David Glennon profile photo
October 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Learned Spotfire for work, quit my job, now I use it for school."

Read David Glennon's full review
Abigail Bowden profile photo
September 24, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "A Fresh Way to Present Data"

Read Abigail Bowden's full review
Shelby Bowden profile photo
September 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Easy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic data"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use TIBCO Spotfire primarily as a lab, but it is also used throughout the department for varying purposes. Our use of it in the lab is to create complex, three dimensional statistical graphs that would otherwise require a very specialized and expensive program. Even with the specialized program, TIBCO Spotfire does a much better job at presenting the data and allowing customization.
Read Shelby Bowden's full review
Julie Sebby profile photo
January 07, 2019

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire for Mid to Large Enterprises"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Spotfire is used by most departments in our company to access enterprise and local data sources. It is connected to over 30 enterprise data sources. It began as a tool for engineers, but anyone who wants to access data may work with the application to create dashboards, workflows, and other tools to aid in decision making and visualization.
Read Julie Sebby's full review
Matthew Thadeio profile photo
December 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Simplicity and effectiveness are crucial to data organization!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used the TIBCO platform to analyze our Summer Learning Academy testing scores to identify areas of growth and deficit within the program. TIBCO allowed for simplicity in data visualization that were difficult to create through Excel or PowerPoint. The easy-to-understand tables allowed for us to easily identify our progress and help secure funding from grants. Data visualization in education is vital and the simpler it is to understand, the easier it is to explain to those that are unfamiliar with academic testing scores.
Read Matthew Thadeio's full review
Tarang Gujar profile photo
August 17, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Overview"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO is being used as an important tool for data visualization techniques. Data Science team has been exclusively using the TIBCO software for data visualization for quite some now. Also the services offered by TIBCO Spotfire are quite satisfying and reliable.
Read Tarang Gujar's full review
Marco J. Morelli profile photo
November 27, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Entry level user"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We would like to use TIBCO Spotfire in our Research Centre at the Hospital for a quick visualization and analysis of the data for projects which do not need the development of ad hoc methods, to be used by users without a computational background. The results were okay, although you always need to take into account the cost related to changing a workflow from what people are used to. In particular, those without a technical background were thrilled to be able to run simple analyses without having to learn how to code.
Read Marco J. Morelli's full review
Ellie Lock profile photo
October 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Powerful Analysis Program Worth Paying For"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Only optimisation engineers in countries around the world have access to Spotfire. We use it so analyse drilling trends, identify errors in data and hazardous events that have occurred. I am the only user in Australia for my company.
Read Ellie Lock's full review
Kimberly Bartholomew profile photo
September 26, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Information Systems that students use Spotfire for real-world data analysis."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a college professor. I teach a Healthcare Information Systems Applications course where students work on several small community projects. We asked for an educational license for about two months so students could do some training and then use Spotfire for some analysis on their projects.
None of the students had used Spotfire before that class. They had all used Tableau, SAS, and Excel for reporting and data analytics.
Read Kimberly Bartholomew's full review
Pablo Lacerda Silva profile photo
January 12, 2019

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Powerful Data Analytics Tool"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Spotfire was used by my organization mainly to analyze geological and oil production data and gain insight in order to address current challenges and make future decisions. It is used across the whole organization on an as-needed basis.
Read Pablo Lacerda Silva's full review
Mathew Dusharm profile photo
September 11, 2018

Review: "Trust, Automation, Reliance...TIBCO Spotfire."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

TIBCO Spotfire is an integral tool for data analytics and data wrangling by my organization. Currently TIBCO Spotfire is being used for my professional research interests and has been an integral framework for reiterative tasks. TIBCO Spotfire has been able to handle all of my data wrangling problems with analytical precision with a flexible and responsive user interface!
Read Mathew Dusharm's full review
Kripesh Kutty profile photo
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Smart, secure enterprise class analytics platform"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's being used across the enterprise. It helps different groups build their own reports and we do build reports which are viewed enterprise-wide.
Read Kripesh Kutty's full review
Quang-Hoa Hong profile photo
September 04, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Oil and Gas"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Spotfire is used within only my department to analyze oil and gas parameters pertaining to drilling, completions, and production operations as well as geological attributes. All of these values were poured into Spotfire to try and determine their relationship between well performance. Optimization on all levels of upstream operations was the purpose of Spotfire in this case.
Read Quang-Hoa Hong's full review
Dave Williams profile photo
December 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Data discovery in minutes"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Initial use started with quality organization but has expanded to sales, services, manufacturing and procurement.
The speed of development and flexibility of the data presentation capabilities and data ingestion independent of data source makes the time to solution appreciated.
Read Dave Williams's full review
Jeffrey Molloy profile photo
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire help handle the chaos."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I do not know about other users within the college, but I am using Spotfire for multiple purposes. Within my department, I have used Spotfire to perform exploratory analysis on class enrollment and management. A goal of the analysis was to evaluate conflicts that would be seen by the typical student in enrollments. I am a teaching faculty member as well and am considering developing an experiment on various data analysis techniques with chemical data.
Read Jeffrey Molloy's full review
Andrew Pruet profile photo
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire with TERR and Python"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Spotfire in many ways. Primarily, it is a fast data wrangling tool that lets you dig through and visualize data very quickly. Our team, in particular, uses it to look at oil and gas production data. In addition, we use Python and R in the backend to build more advanced applications.
Read Andrew Pruet's full review
John Steinhauser profile photo
October 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Makes Big Data a Little Less Overwhelming"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using it in a Petroleum asset development class in the Petroleum Engineering department at Texas A&M University. So far, I have really appreciated how I can use Spotfire to wrangle and evaluate large amounts of data. My team is just in the beginning phase of applying it, but I have used it in the past at other companies and it has been crucial to my work.
Read John Steinhauser's full review

Pixel Perfect reports (28)
Customizable dashboards (197)
Report Formatting Templates (169)
Drill-down analysis (193)
Formatting capabilities (202)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (150)
Report sharing and collaboration (181)
Publish to Web (151)
Publish to PDF (177)
Report Versioning (18)
Report Delivery Scheduling (112)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (208)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (184)
Predictive Analytics (158)
Multi-User Support (named login) (160)
Role-Based Security Model (133)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (149)
Responsive Design for Web Access (119)
Dedicated iOS Application (83)
Dedicated Android Application (11)
3.7
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (99)
REST API (29)
6.6
Javascript API (30)
6.7
iFrames (19)
6.2
Java API (23)
6.2
Themeable User Interface (UI) (29)
6.6
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (22)
6.5

About TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.

TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.

Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.

Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.

TIBCO Spotfire Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureSalesforce
Has featureSAP
Has featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Has featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Has featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)
Has featureSmart Recommendations for Visualizations
Has featureConnectors: OData, Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Attivio
Has featureEmbedded R Runtime Engine
Has featureK-Means Clustering, Holt-Winters Forecasting, Line Similarity
Has featureMulti-Layer Map Charts and Support for Shape Files

TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)

TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables

TIBCO Spotfire Integrations

Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Attivo Networks, TIBCO Simplr, Wordsmith by Automated Insights

TIBCO Spotfire Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire PlatformPlease contact TIBCO sales
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly$200Per Month, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual$2,000Per Year, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services$0.99Per Hour (Starting)
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud EnterprisePlease contact TIBCO sales

For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.

TIBCO Spotfire Support Options