Reviews (126-150 of 237)
- Possibility of introducing custom functionality is much better than any other BI tool
- Able to do complex calculations
- Some performance issues with large amounts of data
- Many simple or annoying little things that remain unsolved for years, even though regularly posted on Tibco Community
- Even with the latest version, the look and feel is a bit outdated
- Data input automation
- Automated data transformation procedures
- Relatively easy to implement
- Types of charts and tables
- Availability of basic statistical functions
- Lack of good documentation and examples beyond basic
- Quickly build reports from large quantities of data and then publish those reports via the web player.
- Ability to work with data sets in different formats, i.e. data aggregation or SQL queries are not required.
- Out of the box analytics that makes it easy for business users to gain insights into their data.
- Ability to leverage R scripts in Spotfire.
- Easier functionality of Python scripts.
- Stability improvements are required, software has a tendency to crash.
- Easier optimisation of reports for the web player especially where large data sets are involved.
Well suited to enable business users to quickly build, change and enhance reports.
- Visualizations - it isn't just a data extraction tool but charts and tables can be easily built.
- Dashboards - I've put together sample dashboards in just a few hours.
- External Data - very easy to pull in data from different data sources - Oracle tables, Excel, etc..
- Visualizations - while it is a strength it is also a weakness. We currently use another tool for dashboarding and we will move to Spotfire because it is more powerful but the actual charts in the other product are more appealing.
- Set up - we are responsible for setting up our own joins, information links, elements, etc. This is overwhelming for beginning users.
- SQL - It is hard to debug issues with the SQL. I often find myself copying the SQL into another tool to decode and build and then will copy it back to Spotfire.
- Very easy to use charts and modify its properties.
- A lot of different types of charts.
- An interface very visual and intuitive.
- Using of marked records is a little bit confusing.
- Legends in chart has too many options and could be confusing to read for the user.
- Sometimes is a little bit difficult and not intuitive to find an option in the main menu.
- It's really easy to create interactive visualizations
- Can quickly merge different data tables and manipulate the data using pivots and other transformations
- Great design and aesthetics
- Sometimes runs slowly when working with large data sets
- It's difficult to add additional files after you've already performed a transformation on the data
The GIS integration is exemplary as well.
Spotfire is very well suited in situations where there is large amounts of data and a wide variety of users need to access it in different depths.
It is less suited for static/daily reports that need to mailed out to users.
- Spotfire accepts information from either an Excel Table or a database
- Spotfire allows rapid design of a report sheet with pre-organised forms and views
- Spotfire is equipped with filters , easy to manage, in case of dynamic analysis as a sample.
- no idea
- no idea
- no idea
- Allow to analize KPI coming from several source systems
- Allows us to create easy to read and interactive analysis
- Different dashboards can be set up to have a single access point
- More ways to customize charts might be needed
- Customizable lable for values in chart might be needed
- Very user intuitive
- You can select specific data points and dive deep
- Visually pleasing
- Very presentable and story telling
- Data loading is slow
- If data is not embedded, I am seeing issues with a few visualizations
It is not so great for data manipulation when compared to SAS or R.
- Recommends visualizations for you
- Mapping capabilities - though having pre-set coordinates would be nice
- Filtering on historical dates and timelines
- Mapping capabilities - coordinates, additional layers
- Calculations and formulas to be more user-friendly, like Excel
- Spotfire's marking capibilities on line charts make it very easy to identify associated points on cluttered line graphs.
- Spotfire's filtering makes it very easy to boil analyses down to specific subsets of data, and then build them back up to whole again.
- Spotfire has the capability to link to many different data sources, making it relatively easy to keep an analysis up to date by linking to a live data source.
- As an Excel user, it is an odd transition to shift from thinking in terms of cells to thinking in terms of tables and columns. Some things that would be intuitively easy with Excel (adding 4 random cells from a document by clicking on each of the 4 cells) become much more complicated when you have to think in terms rows and tables only.
- When linking multiple live data sources together, then adding calculated columns to those data sources, then moving columns from one data table to another in one project, Spotfire can take a long time to open a project. It is also relatively easy to end up with a document that does not calculate the intended results in the most efficient way, and methods to troubleshoot inefficiencies are not always immediately obvious.
- Scatter plot line formatting could be more customizable. By default, Spotfire wants to use the same line type for each series in a scatter plot, and it is not easy for this user to figure out if there is a way to change line types per series on a chart.
- The ability to import and analyze very large amounts of data very quickly.
- The ease of creating professional looking charts and reports.
- A simple user interface that makes it easy for new users to pick up using the basics, but still offers experienced users almost endless possibilities.
- The mapping capabilities are lacking. I would like to have a greater ability to manipulate the appearance of the data on the map.
- I have also noticed that some functions are limited in their use if using data linked to a SQL database. This is referring to actual functions like if one is trying to create a calculated column.
- It would be nice to be able to create an additional data table within Spotfire based on linked data from multiple sources.
TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire was effective in a SAP-driven procurement-related business application"
- Spotfire is oriented to the design of dashboards, not single visualizations. There is no need to design visualizations and then take them to a different "worksheet" where the layout needs to be further designed. I like the ability to design visualizations in the same place where these will be consumed, i.e., as dashboard elements.
- Markings and Bookmarks are two powerful elements of Spotfire. Markings make the sharing of filters across visualizations intuitive and flexible. Bookmarks are extremely powerful, allowing you to create stories and share insights based on custom views.
- The in-memory engine is super fast. As long as the data is loaded in the workbook, calculations are extremely fast.
- Cross-tables are very easy and powerful in Spotfire.
- My biggest disappointment with Spotfire is the way the SAP BW connector works. It is not possible to transfer 'key' values from SAP BW to Spotfire, and the data table update routine is not clear, well documented, or straightforward.
- The calculations syntax is not very intuitive and in some cases, very complicated. The calculation editor does not give you good feedback as to why your calculation syntax is off.
- Designing dashboards for multiple devices is a headache. There is no built-in way to design for different layouts and ensure dashboards can be consumed seamlessly on monitors, laptos, and portable devices.
- Allows exploration of multiple datasets that are connected in different ways.
- Allows fast preliminary exploration of a dataset.
- Allows for the exploration of the results of large simulations and experiments.
- Hard to integrate with scripting languages, for example python, matlab, R.
- Not clear how to handle in-memory and out-of-memory processing for large scale data.
- Documentation could be better.
- Providing multiple different avenues to connect to structured data and providing the option to sit on top of the data or embedding data into the analysis.
- Location analytics (maps) have been greatly improved in the latest versions of Spotfire.
- Very steep learning curve.
- Although I am an advanced user, it can be daunting for a new user. Almost too much functionality. Too bad there is not a Spotfire basic for the new user.
- Area charts like in Excel are missing.
- Any analysis that utilizes more than a few hundred data points will benefit from Spotfire.
- Any analysis that you don't know what you are looking for. You can easily create multiple different views to analyze data.
- Any analysis using structured data currently residing in databases
- Advanced users can do on-the-fly analysis of data which is very impressive
- Not useful for basic graphs. Leave that to Excel.
- Connecting to various data sets, the ability to have the data connections in the information designer is a huge plus.
- The ability to set up and manipulate the query in information designer and use it over and over.
- The ability to add columns and/or rows from data sources.
- It could be more flexible with the formatting of the analytics.
- I do not like that if a mistake is made in the path of a file, you must replace the data and do all the transformations over. Seems it would make more sense to provide a place to just correct the path.
- The ability to do more than one transformation at a time would be nice. For example, changing column names.
- TIBCO Spotfire can advance very well on the mature analytics curve. We can diagnose, measure and predict using OOB functions or extend the power of Spotfire developing application in R to be processed by TERR.
- The interface is very clean is much easier to understand for endpoint clients, like a business user. They can start analysing data very fast!
- Spotfire can publish and share users insights very fast. It provides some nice collaboration tools to work together with your colleagues and make nice and beautiful results.
- Would be nice if mapchart were able to use custom images instead of default shapes. Most of customers ask for this.
- The interface could be more flexible instead of the "window like" arrangement. I mean, it will be nice if we can overlap some components.
- The transformations need some easier way to edit. I know it's not easy to implement but many customers ask for this, indeed.
The above comment is not true when working in an SAP environment, specially BW. The hierarchies are very complicated to fetch and in Brazil we have lots of companies using it. We really need some enhancements on that.
We also use Spotfire to deliver self-service data visualization to our clients.
- Spotfire is very good at combining data from multiple sources, such as from database queries, files, and web-based data sources. We make use of data from all of these sources, and this is a key feature.
- Spotfire provides a good expression language for performing calculations using the data that has been loaded into a Spotfire document. The expression language makes it easy to write calculations that can be reused. Additionally, expressions can be stored in document properties, providing a centralized set of calculations for easy (and error free) reuse throughout a Spotfire document.
- The IronPython scripting language makes it possible to create fully-automated work flows, automate the creation of standard visualizations, and provide user-specific Spotfire documents.
- Although the IronPython scripting language is very useful, you need to understand the Spotfire API to make full use of the scripting language. The API documentation could be improved to be more readable and understandable.
- The scatter plots need to be able to support multiple data sets on both the X and Y axes, and the axes labels should have more options, such as which side of the plot the labels appear on.
Another use is "what-if" scenarios. It is very easy to create document property controls in Spotfire to vary the inputs to standard calculations and view the results of those change in real-time in multiple visualizations.
TIBCO Spotfire Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About TIBCO Spotfire
TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.
TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.
Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.
Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.
TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)
TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables
TIBCO Spotfire Integrations
TIBCO Spotfire Competitors
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Spotfire Platform||Please contact TIBCO sales|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly||$200||Per Month, Per Authoring Seat|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual||$2,000||Per Year, Per Authoring Seat|
|TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services||$0.99||Per Hour (Starting)|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud Enterprise||Please contact TIBCO sales|
For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.
TIBCO Spotfire Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TIBCO Spotfire Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Available in all regions|