Reviews (176-200 of 287)
- Very easy to use charts and modify its properties.
- A lot of different types of charts.
- An interface very visual and intuitive.
- Good visual Analytics
- Good integration API.
The GIS integration is exemplary as well.
- Merge data from disparate data sources into a single tool.
- Visualize data of all kind
Spotfire is very well suited in situations where there is large amounts of data and a wide variety of users need to access it in different depths.
It is less suited for static/daily reports that need to mailed out to users.
- Spotfire accepts information from either an Excel Table or a database
- Spotfire allows rapid design of a report sheet with pre-organised forms and views
- Spotfire is equipped with filters , easy to manage, in case of dynamic analysis as a sample.
- Data management
- Dynamic tool
- Implementation of different data sources
- Multi environment options
- Allow to analize KPI coming from several source systems
- Allows us to create easy to read and interactive analysis
- Different dashboards can be set up to have a single access point
- Very user intuitive
- You can select specific data points and dive deep
- Visually pleasing
- Very presentable and story telling
It is not so great for data manipulation when compared to SAS or R.
- Connecting to sources.
- Visualizing data.
- Filter/mark data to see trends.
- Recommends visualizations for you
- Mapping capabilities - though having pre-set coordinates would be nice
- Filtering on historical dates and timelines
- Easy to get data into Spotfire, and to combine data from many sources.
- Easy to create and edit visualizations to meet the needs of the issue and/or end user.
- Dashboards can be built that deliver insight along with flexibility to allow end users some capabilities to explore the visualizations or customize the inquiry.
- Can provide or deploy advanced analytical models.
Tibco Spotfire has some geographic capabilities. It has basic mapping, the ability to import maps and the ability to use the functionality of Spotfire on those maps. Additionally, with a bit of effort, it is possible to use some of the geographic analytical functions available in R, or using other functionality available on the net.
However, as it is not a GIS, some of the advanced features and more easy of use capabilities are not really there. Spotfire is fine for simple mapping and presentation, but, for more complex spatial analysis, one would probably look for another package.
In summary, Spotfire is probably suitable for about 90% of geographic uses, if not more. For the high end user, it will probably not work, but, for most people and their needs (including me) Spotfire can easily do what one needs.
- Spotfire's marking capibilities on line charts make it very easy to identify associated points on cluttered line graphs.
- Spotfire's filtering makes it very easy to boil analyses down to specific subsets of data, and then build them back up to whole again.
- Spotfire has the capability to link to many different data sources, making it relatively easy to keep an analysis up to date by linking to a live data source.
- Spotfire is an analytical tool more than a reporting tool. It is highly customizable via its API but it has enough out-of-the-box features to get the job done.
- It does some data management, but it is recommended to have the backend data clean and in place for great and reliable output. It has many statistical functions so adding columns on the fly is a breeze.
- Spotfire is referred to within the analytics community as "Excel on steroids".
- It is a great tool for highly interactive visualizations and drill down.
- It is fast to go from data to visualizations, whether you are using the Cloud Work Group environment or the full Spotfire Server implementation.
- The visualizations are easy to configure and generally can explain the same data in different ways, which is appealing.
- Being able to mashup different disparate data sources has been the saving grace for us. We don't need to house the same data in a single database. We can pull what we need from each to create a useful decision support visualization.
- Main strengths are easy configurable graphs/visualizations
- Fast filtering and accessible data mining
- Easy deployment on web for users' access
- Easy configurable user access levels
Less Appropriate in building graphs which are not pre-build into the tool (e.g. Waterfall graphs, creaming curves...).Drill down graphs/tabs.
- The ability to import and analyze very large amounts of data very quickly.
- The ease of creating professional looking charts and reports.
- A simple user interface that makes it easy for new users to pick up using the basics, but still offers experienced users almost endless possibilities.
- Predictive Analytics for trading and pricing
- Visual Analytics
- We are an energy consulting firm and we use Tibco Spotfire to analyze streams of real-time energy trading data for deal analytics, forecasting and risk management.
- Spotfire is an amazing analytical tool which will help you pick up data from multiple databases and spreadsheets and create graphical and analytical diagrams that will help businesses in several ways to understand their systems throughput, number of exceptions, etc.
- One of the big advantages offered by the product is real-time analysis. There is no time lag between availability of trading data and analysis. The systems allows us to analyze large amounts of trading data in real-time.
- When designing reports it is easy to change between the different the visual diagrams.
- The formatting capabilities are extremely detailed, which makes the visual appearances the best in the business.
- Spotfire is oriented to the design of dashboards, not single visualizations. There is no need to design visualizations and then take them to a different "worksheet" where the layout needs to be further designed. I like the ability to design visualizations in the same place where these will be consumed, i.e., as dashboard elements.
- Markings and Bookmarks are two powerful elements of Spotfire. Markings make the sharing of filters across visualizations intuitive and flexible. Bookmarks are extremely powerful, allowing you to create stories and share insights based on custom views.
- The in-memory engine is super fast. As long as the data is loaded in the workbook, calculations are extremely fast.
- Cross-tables are very easy and powerful in Spotfire.
- Spotfire provides advanced visualization that can be further customized with custom expressions, which is a very powerful and versatile functionality. Coupled with property controls that allow users make various selections and changes to variables, this functionality allows creating pretty robust 'what if' scenarios. Such has multiple applications ranging from price analysis and price development to budgeting to cash flow to engineering.
- Spotfire is very good at data transformations and enrichment. This allows aligning multiple otherwise disparate data sources and analyzing data from those data sources side by side and on the same view. That in turn provides deeper insight into data.
- Spotfire offers a wide range of formula types including statistical formulas that allow for high degree of customization and flexibility in building visualizations and/or logic. This in turn again allows getting more insight into/from data.
- Data assimilation and aggregation
- Data Visualization Style Offerings
- Continuous version improvements
- Allows exploration of multiple datasets that are connected in different ways.
- Allows fast preliminary exploration of a dataset.
- Allows for the exploration of the results of large simulations and experiments.
- Providing multiple different avenues to connect to structured data and providing the option to sit on top of the data or embedding data into the analysis.
- Location analytics (maps) have been greatly improved in the latest versions of Spotfire.
- Any analysis that utilizes more than a few hundred data points will benefit from Spotfire.
- Any analysis that you don't know what you are looking for. You can easily create multiple different views to analyze data.
- Any analysis using structured data currently residing in databases
- Advanced users can do on-the-fly analysis of data which is very impressive
- Not useful for basic graphs. Leave that to Excel.
- Connecting to various data sets, the ability to have the data connections in the information designer is a huge plus.
- The ability to set up and manipulate the query in information designer and use it over and over.
- The ability to add columns and/or rows from data sources.
TIBCO Spotfire Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About TIBCO Spotfire
TIBCO Cloud Spotfire® provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring.
According to the vendor, Spotfire's differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.
Spotfire is deployed in companies in financial services, energy, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, government, travel & logistics, helathcare, life sciences and more.
TIBCO Spotfire Screenshots
TIBCO Spotfire Videos (4)
TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables
TIBCO Spotfire Integrations
TIBCO Spotfire Competitors
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Spotfire Platform||Please contact TIBCO sales|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Analyst||$125/mo, $1250/yr||Per Seat|
|TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Business Author||$65/mo, $650/yr||Per Seat|
|TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services||$0.99||Per Hour (Starting)|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud Enterprise||Please contact TIBCO sales|
|TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Consumer||$25/mo, $250/yr||Per Seat|
For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.
TIBCO Spotfire Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TIBCO Spotfire Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Available in all regions|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, German, Portugese, Chinese, Italian|