TimeForce Reviews

Shelly Guilmette profile photo
February 02, 2018

My TimeForce Review

Pros and Cons

• Reliable program which allows us to capture hours worked and time off taken
  • Able to set up different overtime rules to calculate hours automatically - can also set up task and shift differentials to accommodate our clinical staff needs
  • Their service team is very helpful and pleasant to work with - I am very confident in their ability and willingness to help
  • We are not currently set up for real-time downloads of punches and the clocks can require a bit of manual intervention but we are hoping to transition to real-time capture to resolve this issue
  • Recently having an issue with password resets that we are having difficulty resolving - but due to limitations with our schedule/workload have not been able to dedicate the time to resolve but we are looking forward to working with their help desk to determine a long term fix
  • The transitions to/from daylight savings could be better managed - we do what we can to stay ahead of the issue but it is not 100% seamless at this time
Read Shelly Guilmette's full review
Steven Houk profile photo

Pros and Cons

• As I mentioned previously, it provides the ability for everyone to check their available time through their portal whenever they would like. Other systems I have used, employees would have to request a report for their available time / time used.
  • The layout is very streamlined and easy to navigate. When training new employees on the system, I don't spend more than 5 minutes with them and they are able to accurately login and navigate on their own.
  • The MyScreen tab is very useful. It has most everything you need to track on the same tab without having to print reports. Being able to see everyone that is currently clocked in is very beneficial. Other systems you would have to print a report to get this information.
  • Incorporating with other systems. The payroll system that we use as far as I know will not sync up with Timeforce, so transferring hours worked is a manual process that is time consuming and very detail oriented.
Read Steven Houk's full review
Lacey Wilson, PHR profile photo

Pros and Cons

• TimeForce is very user friendly and easy to navigate and train others to utilize.
  • TimeForce timeclocks operate in manufacturing facilities.
  • TimeForce Software allows the user to tailor it to your organization's specific needs.
  • TimeForce could use more features, such as: the capability of multipe entries. It offers some, but I would like to see more.
Read Lacey Wilson, PHR's full review
Thomas Brese profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Extensive functionality. Could set up anything with TimeForce. Pay rates, accrual policies, rounding policies, different pay periods, etc... Almost any type of functionality was available
  • Tech support. Was always able to get in touch quickly and easily.
  • Time card editing. Could easily delete, add, and change punches on employee time cards
  • Too much functionality for more basic usage. So many bells and whistles that implementing basic time and PTO tracking was more complicated than should be since everything was highly integrated.
  • PTO tracking was a little tricky. Had to manually go in an accrue PTO for employees after every pay period. Instances of PTO requests going through twice, perhaps by employee error, but not being able to easily clear out without deleting entire accrual and starting from scratch.
  • Reports did not come out cleanly. Could view them nicely within TimeForce but once exported to Excel they would lose all formatting and sometimes lose certain data columns.
  • Employee profiles needed to be set up in two different places with repeated data. Was tricky and not intuitive.
Read Thomas Brese's full review
Chelsea B profile photo
February 22, 2014

Excellent product

Pros and Cons

• Technical support is amazing, very easy when they can remote in to your computer.
  • Very simple to edit clock in/out times and add vacation or sick time.
  • Very detailed reports that can be printed to show everything.
  • Very timely when calling in, not long wait times.
  • I would like to see changes on the reports when I print them out after making changes to times.
  • Faster clock download time.
  • Being able to add in time for someone who worked beyond midnight.
Read Chelsea B's full review
Becky Flinders profile photo
February 21, 2014

Timeforce in Education

Pros and Cons

• I love the "request for time off" feature; it's so easy to track
  • I love not having to manually sign each time card; the electronic verification saves so much time
  • I love being able to see the accruals for time off as well as how much time off has been taken
  • I love not having to manually count up hours worked for part time people; they can either clock in/out or enter total hours worked and then TimeForce totals it for me each pay period.
  • I love being able to run the reports for different areas.
  • I would like to be able to un-verify a timecard if I see a mistake on the time card after the fact; right now I have to ask our administrator to do it for me each time.
  • I oversee a lot of full and part time employees and right now I have to have two separate log ins to the system to verify each group; I wish I could do it all at the same time.
Read Becky Flinders's full review

Pros and Cons

• TimeForceII does an excellent job of keeping track of employee accruals, ie. vacation, PTO, holidays, etc.
  • TimeForceII is good for keeping up with when employee reviews need to be given.
  • TimeForceII also lets you create jobs to fit your business needs.
  • TimeForceII lets you manage reporting and exporting into Excel to serve the purposes of the company.
  • TimeForceII has issues like most things. Every time their is an update something may or may not work.
  • TimeForceII is not very compatible with all browsers - it is a more window based system.
  • TimeForceII needs improvement with fixing the bugs in the system.

Pros and Cons

• Easy to access from any work station with internet access
  • Accurate time tracking and paid time off accrual calculation
  • Employees are able to place mileage requests in to Timeforce each pay period for reimbursement
  • Able to allow tiered levels of access to the system from employee, manager, administrator, etc.
  • Maintains time records for use in audits and analysis with easy to generate reports
  • Paid time off accruals seem to hang at an employee's anniversary date causing us to manually go through employee accrual screens each pay period and click "process employee accruals" for those employees that have had an anniversary during the pay period to advance their accrual or move to a higher accrual rate.
  • Support via telephone can take a lot of valuable time. We seem to have trouble authenticating our license every time we call and then have longer than average waiting times on hold. Often have to have a technician call us back.
  • Would like to be contacted via email regarding enhancements or even "tips of the day" type emails that highlight different functions within Timeforce that are shortcuts that maybe users may not necessarily be aware.

Pros and Cons

• Flexibility. Schedule templates can be created at departmental level and managers can be made responsible for maintaining schedules rather than HR. Time entries can be edited on multiple levels (punches or total hours worked). New security groups can be easily added anytime.
  • Reporting Power. TimeForce provides a significant number of standard reports for HR, manager and audit purposes.
  • Import Utility. It is very easy to update the system with new employment-related data through by importing .csv documents through TF Import Utility.
  • No Sandbox/Test tenant/Redirect. All changes happen in the live database, and from what I have seen, they are not reversible. Admins cannot log in as somebody else without resetting their password.
  • Hardware Issues. In our case, biometric clocks used for live punches kept disconnecting for no apparent reason. This problem affected all four clocks that we purchased from Infinisource (they may not be the manufacturers, though, but just the distributors), and they were losing connection to the server one by one or all at once. Our IT and TF tech support working together were not able to determine the problem source.
  • Inconsistent Update Quality. Oftentimes, system updates affected out setup: punches stopped coming, employees lost visibility of their timecards, admins were not able to run payroll reports, etc. TF would not notify us about known issues and it normally takes them several days to issue a patch or roll back an update.
  • Tech Support. We rely on our consultant for professional advice even after we completed the implementation and transitioned to the support queue. If we contact the service center, most of the time we do not get quality advice. Online chat support is even less knowledgeable and answers only basic questions. Also, because of the tech support business hours and time difference, our Philippine colleagues cannot really use this service.

Pros and Cons

• The ability to customize user security rights is extremely valuable. The ability to create new or even modify existing user rights allows us complete flexibility as to who can control what, who, and how. This is important to us as everything in use at our company is very flexible and custom, which makes the TimeForce system fit right in.
  • The time card system itself has been thus far flawless. It has accounted for the leap year and daylight savings each year. Punch errors, Holiday, Vacation, Sick time is all easily viewed with a glance at the screen.
  • The reporting features of TimeForce are outstanding. There are far more reports available than we have needed. But at the same time anytime a user has thought 'it would be nice to see this' we have found it listed in the Reports section of the web interface.
  • I believe the installation of the Card Reader systems is a bit difficult. From my last experience there were third party hardware and software requirements, along with a second piece of software with TimeForce. It was not something we were able to complete on our own and had to contact QQest for support.
  • The scheduling system inside the web interface is a bit difficult to use. We have talked in the past about putting the system to use for scheduling purposes and retiring an older solution, but it is not something our HR department has found easily navigable. We are in the process of providing them with QQest training documentation.
  • I am sure there are changes to the newer version of TimeForce II, but from my experience on TimeForce I (2.9) and being a software engineer / UI designer, I believe that the system could have a less complex-look and feel to it. At times all the options available at once do tend to become somewhat cumbersome.

• Easy for Employees to use
  • Streamlines payroll process; time centrally located
  • User security cumbersome. Employees assigned to supervisor by department or individually. Would be nice to use title structure
  • Not a lot of handsout support from TF after initial roll out
  • Lots of bugs for comp time
  • After each new version, some bugs are fixed, but creates new issues

About TimeForce

TimeForce is a time tracking solution developed by Qqest, acquired and now supported by Infinisource (2012). It is presently used as the basis of the time & attendance module in Infinisource's flagship Human Resource Management System (HRMS): iSolved.