Toggl Reviews

Alex Pegg | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Time management when every second counts!

Return on Investment

• It has saved a great deal of time, previously using cumbersome spreadsheets for time tracking. The software is so much easier!
  • Allows for professional, organized presentation of reports to clients, no more messy notes or amateur looking spreadsheets.
  • Helps get an overall sense of time management and what time allocations need to be made for certain projects.
Read Alex Pegg's full review
Genie Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

A full featured timekeeping application

Return on Investment

• We can make intelligent bids by using insights gathered.
  • We can demonstrate value in our actual vs. estimated hours on projects.
  • Being able to provide clients with a timekeeping chart allows them to see how and where their dollars are being used.
Read Genie Forkner's full review
September 07, 2019

Toggl is a great way to keep associates in check

Return on Investment

• We've had our productivity in projects completed since the implementation of Toggl increase by 14 %, this is huge for us.
  • We've had fewer issues with associates turning in timesheets late, though there is no excuse because Toggl is so easy to use.
Sarah Whiteford | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 31, 2019

Toggl is a great product for disciplined users

Return on Investment

• Great positive impact when used for billing hours.
  • Professional reports which can be dedicated to specific client requirements make our company look professional and organised
  • reporting functions which allow us to break down our resourcing on projects for future planning
Read Sarah Whiteford's full review
Mike Wittenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

Toggl tracks your time but its greatest value is putting you in control and putting money in your pocket

Return on Investment

• Toggl has let me taken on more hourly assignments (when my customers prefer that billing method) with great comfort on both sides due to the detailed nature of Toggl's reports
  • Toggl has Help me capture 10 to 15% more billable hours compared to the same period last year that I studied
  • Toggl has never let me down or lost any data ;-)
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Bryan Buford | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2018

Great software for customized time tracking

Return on Investment

• Toggl has been an excellent tool for helping our business better assess our current needs and better prepare for the future. I think we've saved money using the software by better aligning where we need staff and increases and not wasting time adding people where they would not be immediately impactful.
Read Bryan Buford's full review
Shannon Bronico | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 17, 2018

Toggl: Simple and easy to learn for to track time for data analytics and billing

Return on Investment

• The use of hourly retainers is relatively new to our office, and Toggl has allowed us to track work easily for hourly matters without the need for extensive training of staff or expensive additional systems or tools.
  • Toggl increases productivity as the user has to record time spent per task. At least for myself, I am more aware of how I prioritize tasks and tend to focus on one task when I am running the timer. This helps me minimize distractions and bring myself back to the task at hand if I become preoccupied with something else or if I am interrupted.
Read Shannon Bronico's full review
Stefan Boeykens | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2018

Log in, start entering data, get insights in who is doing what...

Return on Investment

• We replaced our in-house time tracking tool easily
  • We could incorporate the previous few months of tracking via CSV/Spreadsheet import
  • We still don't have the full discipline to track everything for everybody. It's only as good as the data you put in.
Read Stefan Boeykens's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2018

Toggl Keeps Me Motivated and Tracks All My Tasks!

Return on Investment

• Toggl has helped me to keep focused on my tasks, which makes me more efficient and more profitable.
  • Toggl helps me to keep invoicing straight for my hourly clients.
  • Toggl helps me to see where time and money is lost, so I can adjust as needed.
  • Toggle gives me insight into my overall freelance automotive writing business.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Wera Michalska | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2018

Definitely the best time tracker out there !

Return on Investment

• Simple to set up and utilize for our per-hour billable projects with Toggl.
  • Sometimes parts of the screen are hard to see and it seems a bit flaky or buggy.
  • It can be a little challenging to figure out how to output reports exactly how I want them.
  • In comparing several time-tracking tools, Toggl ended up being the clear winner. With this way Toggl is great anyways
Read Wera Michalska's full review
Andre Yeu | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2017

Feel like you and your organization have no time? Toggl helps you understand where it all goes.

Return on Investment

• Positive impacts include quantifying how much time I (and my employees) spend on non-billable, administrative, support tasks - this helps me set realistic views into our team's productivity and how much time things really take to get done.
Read Andre Yeu's full review
June 20, 2018

Time tracking your team will actually use!

Return on Investment

• Toggl provides insight into the activities that consume our working ours, allowing us to better plan for the projects and tasks that matter most.
  • We found there was a bit of a habit curve, where we needed to intentionally practice using Toggl and maintaining compliance. At least initially, that probably slowed down our normal productivity.
  • Toggl provides transparency for me, as a manager, to easily understand how my hourly employees are tracking against their allotted time.
July 05, 2018

Positives, Negatives, and Improvements

Return on Investment

• A positive would be that you have insight over what people are working on and an insight into a day in the life of an employee and can take action or precaution accordingly.
  • A negative is that it puts pressure on an individual if they haven't updated the app, whether that be on accident or on purpose.
  • Another positive is that each employee can be accountable for what they are working on in a day and how to improve their own productivity.

About Toggl

Toggl is a time tracking tool from the Estonian company of the same name.