Toggl Reviews

Alex Pegg | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Time management when every second counts!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toggl has been essential for time management as a freelance photo editor. I use it weekly if not daily to keep up with which tasks I have dedicated hours to, which in turn makes invoicing a breeze. It is so intuitive and the user interface is seamless. It is so much better than trying to keep up with spreadsheets or handwritten timesheets when juggling multiple freelance projects
Read Alex Pegg's full review
Genie Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

A full featured timekeeping application

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Toggl to track time per customer for ongoing projects. We track actual hours spent on a project compared to the estimated hours for many reasons. This allows us to make intelligent decisions on future bids and allows us to demonstrate to clients how their hours are being spent and the value in those hours.
Read Genie Forkner's full review
Marc Duke | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Worth spending the time to track your time!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toggl deals with the most critical issue my business faces - where is time actually being spent? On which projects and which clients. As a sole trader I use it for everything I do and it is brilliant. Due to the fact that it is so simple to use and very, very easy to get the data that I need the most - what I have spent my time on.
Read Marc Duke's full review
February 19, 2020

Quality time-tracking tool for organizations needing to track hours

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used by only a few people as a time tracking system, so right now, only me, my supervisor, and another employee. It's not being used beyond that at this time. It allows us to track every task that we've done so everyone can see it and so that the time for each task is clear.
December 19, 2019

Toggl - Project Time Tracking Made Easy!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Toggl to track time against projects. This helps our service department so we know where people are spending their time, if additional resources are needed and probably most important - how many hours to bill a client. We can track this down to the minute. Toggle has given us the ability to track tasks and time against those tasks.
Helen Valenzuela | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 06, 2019

Can't go wrong with Toggl

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toggl is being used across our entire company. All of the people who do work for our firm are independent contractors who work remotely. Toggl allows the company to track time by client, keep tabs on how much work is done on projects (i.e. how much time is non-billable), and is a convenient source for payroll to pull from to prepare our paychecks.
Read Helen Valenzuela's full review
November 08, 2019

Toggl: save time tracking your time

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm one of only a few people that I'm aware of that use Toggl within my organization. I frequently recommend it to track time spent on projects. Toggl helps me to track time spent on various project requests so that I can create more accurate estimates for time to completion of similar projects in the future. We report out time spent on projects each week and Toggl makes it SOOO much easier to fill out that timesheet. It also provides helpful visual summaries of where you spent your time so you can see if you're spending too much time on things that aren't helping you move toward your next career goal.
September 07, 2019

Toggl is a great way to keep associates in check

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As much of our time is billable, we use Toggl as a way to keep associates time relative to job number organized. As we have a large number of clients, there are numerous jobs and projects that must be tracked independently for legal purposes. Not only does Toggl help associates stay on task, but it also streamlines timesheet management.

Sarah Whiteford | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 31, 2019

Toggl is a great product for disciplined users

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Toggl for an external-facing projects. It allows us to provide solid billing information to the client, and further, it assists us in breaking down exactly where our hours are going on projects, thereby helping us to build better cost/time/resource maps for future projects.

Well, all this sounds great in practice, but really we are dreadful at keeping it up.

Toggl, and products like that are reliant upon a degree of discipline which our organisation currently struggles with, but additional integrations to other regularly used products - such as Xero - make this tool priceless for people who are providing services to clients on a time basis.
Read Sarah Whiteford's full review
Mike Wittenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

Toggl tracks your time but its greatest value is putting you in control and putting money in your pocket

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toggl is a time tracking application available on your desktop, tablet, or mobile phone. We use Toggl to track time so that we can bill clients more accurately and understand the extent to which the hours we invest on our own business help us progress. Whenever we ramp up some contractors on a project, each submits their time using Toggl.
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Bryan Buford | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2018

Great software for customized time tracking

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use Toggl on an individual basis - as opposed to by teams. For our organization, we consider the software an optional tool for the time being. The software allows us to track hours spent on customers and/or projects. We have multiple functions so it's important to know where our team is being used. Analyzing hours spent allows us to identify where we need to add staff to better address current and future needs.
Read Bryan Buford's full review
Matt Heerema | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2018

Seamless time tracking with great reporting

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Every team member at Mere Agency uses Toggl to track their time. We track project hours, admin hours, and several of our team members like it so much, they even track their personal time to help improve personal habits. Time tracking is essential for profitability in our business model. Most time tracking software is painful and tedious to use, leading to less than accurate tracking. Successful tracking software will be easy to use and virtually invisible to the user. Toggl is the only software we've found that gets close to this.
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Shannon Bronico | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 17, 2018

Toggl: Simple and easy to learn for to track time for data analytics and billing

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use Toggl to track billable and nonbillable hours worked by attorneys and paralegals. We use this information to create invoices for clients. The data is also used to analyze how time is spent on tasks to determine if we are appropriately charging clients. We can also determine where a staff member may need support or training if they spend an unusually long time on a task.
Read Shannon Bronico's full review
Jerry Janes | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 16, 2018

Toggl - Perfect for juggling multiple clients

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Toggl to track billable hours for my clients. It allows me to centralize all my work, using Projects and Clients to differentiate. I use it in conjunction with Google Docs, linking to notations of daily or hourly work, within each entry, for the purpose of sharing all I do, including data, with my clients. I run a report weekly or monthly, depending on the client, and link to the PDF and spreadsheet within my invoice. Toggl is very user friendly, very intuitive, and it is free!
Read Jerry Janes's full review
Stefan Boeykens | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2018

Log in, start entering data, get insights in who is doing what...

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When growing from a very small office (3 people to about 10), we outgrew our own internal timesheet tool. Toggl seemed to be nicely organized and fit for the task, so we started a trial with it. While our employees are not directly paid by the hour, it helps us to get a grip on where time is spent and who worked on which project.
Read Stefan Boeykens's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2018

Toggl Keeps Me Motivated and Tracks All My Tasks!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As a freelancer juggling multiple clients, projects, and assignments, it can be difficult to keep track of how much time I'm spending on a given task. This information can be critical in deciding how much time to spend at a certain part of any project and determine how much time is being spent or wasted. I've been using Toggl (and suggested others try Toggl) to track my tasks. I use this information to determine hourly rates and for billing, though I do not use the billing feature in Toggl.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Wera Michalska | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2018

Definitely the best time tracker out there !

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I started out as a freelancer, this was a great system for tracking my time. It is easy to flag time blocks by project, so you can manage your bandwidth and see any outliers that are taking more time than they should. After I started to use this and I saw that Toggl is a great program for me and for my organization I then recommended it, and our manager checked the system and futures of Toggl and we started to use it at our company, to be able to track our time and generate beautiful reports and time usage graphs with an option to export time logs.
Read Wera Michalska's full review
Quentin Aisbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2018

Super-Easy To Use! You seriously won't know how good it is until you test it out.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our whole team uses Toggl. It helps to keep track of the time we spend on client work and even specific projects for each client. This ensures that we do not miss any billable time and helps us to better estimate future projects.
Read Quentin Aisbett's full review
Chloe Sayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 06, 2018

Time Tracking Wizard

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Toggl for my freelancing business so it is used throughout the whole organization. It addresses the issue of tracking time on a per-project or per-task basis.
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
Andre Yeu | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2017

Feel like you and your organization have no time? Toggl helps you understand where it all goes.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

For our small business, we use Toggl for two purposes:

1) Timesheet/timekeeping for hourly employees (they manually enter in duration of shifts worked, from which I run reports on for bi-weekly payroll)
and
2) For salaried employees, we use it to track the amount of time we spend on non-billable, support, or administrative work, so we have insight into our workloads and efficiency.
Read Andre Yeu's full review
Lawson Brooks III | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 18, 2016

Toggl Makes Time Tracking Simple

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Toggl to track my time in performing tasks for individual clients. As a company of one that interacts with strategic partners and interns in performing my customer activities, Toggl is perfect in helping me understand where and how I'm using my time. No matter whether it's time working on a project or on the phone discussing issues on behalf of my clients, Toggl accurately tracks my time.
Read Lawson Brooks III's full review
Spud Marshall | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2016

Toggl - can it get any simpler!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toggl has been absolutely critical to keep track of our time on various projects. As both an independent consultant, and a manager for a small business team, we have found toggl to be important in both situations. The reporting feature is so easy to see where your time went and the ability to go back and forth between mobile and the desktop app is so helpful.
Read Spud Marshall's full review
June 20, 2018

Time tracking your team will actually use!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I researched a number of time-tracking options in an effort to find a simple, but robust enough solution to meet our needs. My goal was to gain a better sense of where the hours in my day went and, eventually, to ask my team to do the same. As a department that practices agile marketing, it was important that we try to combat our tendency of indulging in the planning fallacy/optimism bias. We needed to understand exactly how much projects, email, meetings, etc. consumed our days so we could better plan for sprints. At the end of my search, Toggl stood out as the option that would best give me the data I was hoping to corral and, perhaps even more importantly, would encourage compliance.
July 05, 2018

Positives, Negatives, and Improvements

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's being used by any department as needed. We're a small company, so it's useful for us to have this to assess personal growth and assign certain people with certain activities to decide which people would benefit more from working on a project more efficiently.

About Toggl

Toggl is a time tracking tool from the Estonian company of the same name.