https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/BG/n2/X9KNWD7BTKJ8.PNGMarketers Love TotangoThe marketing department uses Totango to gain more insight into how our products are used. I use it to see if our customers are active users and which products they're utilizing the most.,Seeing how often our customers are using our products. Finding out key contacts to reach out to those who are highly active or inactive users. Running reports on different customer segments.,Pulling reports isn't super easy. The first six months I received an error and had to have coworkers download them. They've since given me a few work arounds, but a comprehensive solution would be preferred.,9Go TotangoWe manage our customer accounts on Totango and update their Information. We maintain the star ratings for our customers based on the usage of our product (Practo Ray). It helps to record the transactions or communication we had with our customers. Timely updates, generating reports, etc., are done on daily basis. It is mainly used by customer success warriors.,Time Stamp. Reports. Tags.,Sometimes it stops working. Automatically some of the accounts get logged out. It should have a calling facility.,8,Maintaining the information data of our customers Managing customer accounts Generating daily reports,More than 100 people,8Totango makes my job easier!Our organization uses Totango to track our customer health and usage so that we can proactively manage their adoption and ongoing success. It helps us apply science to our customer usage and automate touch points.,Tracks Customer Health. Automates Customer Emails based on usage. Creates workflow. Innovates - new features come out all the time!,Reporting - it is hard to know what reports to build. Email alerts - I want to be able to create a list of users who meet certain criteria and have that emailed to me. Currently, I can just do it for accounts.,10,Unclear to me as that is beyond the scope of my role. We are getting more scientific about our predictors of churn which should help us.,Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Olark, Intercom,6 to 10 people,Salesforce MarketoTotango Review from Team LeadTotango was used to build out our strategy. We needed a lot of guidance and beyond the system, the team really gave me some guidance on how to go about implementing this type of program in my company.,Onboarding Integration Tracking of activities,Takes some setting up,9,Increased customer trust into our stats Increased retention Increased lifetime value,,Salesforce Analytics Cloud,1 to 5 people,zendesk salesforce (coming) Our appTotango for the win!Totango is being used in customer success as a tool to be more proactive with our high value customers.,Totango has great support! The interface is very easy to use and you don't necessarily need to be a technical guru to use it. Totango is great partners with their customers when implementing. They offer a ton of resources both live (with your CSM), and in their resource center (collateral on Success).,We are still early in the use phase of Totango, but so far the only challenges I've had are understanding where everything is within the system. Time will resolve this.,9,Providing visibility of our high value customer base and driving proactive actions.,Gainsight and Amity,Zendesk,1 to 5 people,Zendesk SalesForceCSM ReviewTotango is being integrated with Salesforce and is used by all departments aside from sales. The business problem in addresses are how to be proactive due to all the data one can collect and see at a glance. This in turn will help churn rate but most importantly, gives me so much of what I need to know at my fingertips.,Customization - Helps you make your accounts unique so you can set up what you need to do your job efficently Health Reports at a Glance - Being able to quickly see anything to focus on Campaigns one is able to run,8,Helping to be proactive to better increase lifetime value and building better relationships,1 to 5 people,Salesforce DaPulseThumbs up for TotangoTotango is mainly used by our Customer Success team; but, as an account manager I use it to understand the overall health of my accounts including usage of the TrackMaven app, latest communication from the CX team, etc. From my lens, it helps the complimentary teams (AM/CX) ensure we know everything we need to when strategizing on an account. For CX, they live in Totango and record all campaigns, touchpoints, sentiment, etc. so without access to it, I'd be pretty lost as to how my customers are doing.,It monitors the usage of our application well - we can see who logs in and how frequently so we can make inferences as to how much value our customers are getting from our software It records all communication effectively in a log format - you can even bcc emails to Totango and they're automatically logged It stores and automates delivery of campaigns to our customers who are more "light touch" - we can see who opens the emails and if it moves the needle of app usage,I have to use Salesforce to do my job - SFDC/Tontango can communicate and exchange data, but for the most part I have to manually input data to one or the other when I wish there was more integration When you record touchpoints you can't go back and edit them if you made a mistake/typo,9,Evidence from my perspective is limited since I've been using Totango for several months. The closest example of tangible ROI I've seen is using the data to help gauge how much effort and work I need to commit in order to renew (and in some cases save) accounts. There are have been a handful of cases in which poor engagement data allowed me and my CX counterparts to quickly address issues with customers - something that certainly impacts our customers' willingness to renew their subscriptions.,,Customer Success Managers Multiple Customer-facing Teams,,8,Salesforce.com, Slack, InsightSquaredFantastic Product for Account Managers/CSMsTotango is being used by the customer success organization to manage daily/weekly/monthly/etc. customer engagement. In past organizations, the frequency of customer engagement, the application of different success plays, and the overall results of customer strategies were fairly ad-hoc. Totango has been able to act as the main hub for all customer engagement activity, metrics, and strategy.,I've worked with two other mainstream Customer Success-focused products in the past, and found their UIs very complex, particularly around navigation and creating custom reports. One in particular required heavy assistance from the product's CSM to stand up custom reports. I find that Totango has a very intuitive user interface and a simplified approach to reporting. Best of all, my Totango Customer Success Manager (CSM) is in frequent communication throughout the course of the month so I rarely ever feel 'stuck.' Being a fairly heavy Salesforce user in past roles, I was highly critical of the Sales and Account Management teams working in silos: Sales in Salesforce, and Account Managers in Totango. Totango gives you plenty of import/export options with Salesforce in mind so that Account Managers like myself don't have to worry about double-entry of notes and other data points. My favorite features by far are creating tasks and touch points. It's incredibly simple, and includes a timeline of events on the customer profile page so that you can easily glance at the most recent activity.,When customizing a current report and saving under a different name, at times it overwrites the previous report. This requires you to go into the previous report and undo any edits that were made. I've never felt more care and attention from a CSM team before, but at times they can overcommunicate; more than 2 or 3 times a week. They should consider relocating the "What's New" tab somewhere more visible. I often forget to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and check on which new features have been released.,10,Totango has helped me understand customer utilization, which is a key indicator of customer satisfaction. Totango's reporting and metrics have helped me put strategic effort and energy into customers who need it the most. I believe Totango helps increase customer satisfaction over the long-term b/c it guides you in smart, strategic engagement which is often built to align with your company's desired approach to customer success.,9,Multiple Geographies or Territories,Gainsight,10Great software! Long & complex implementationWe use Totango for customer health profiling and predicting/managing churn. It is used by our CSMs and customer service management. Our customer onboarding team also uses Totango to manage workflow and handoff of various deliverables.,Aggregate customer data. Analyze usage & adoption and use it to trigger health warnings and proactive account management. Monitor CSM engagement.,Lack of flexibility for business models outside of core (subscription-model SaaS). Complex implementation, very hands-on.,7,Proactive contract management (engagement & review reminders pre-renewal). CSM alerts of health-impact activities (i.e. low NPS submission).,Desk.com, JIRA Software, Atlassian Confluence,1 to 5 people,8,Desk.com Jira Promoter.io (via Zapier) Internal product/database SalesforceTotango helps understand your customersMy company has a unique use case for Totango. Instead of going the alternate expensive BI route, we decided that Totango provided enough insight into how our users are using our platform as well as how often. We are currently using Totango throughout our entire Customer Success department but information gets shared to Sales, Marketing, Product as well as to the VP and CXO levels. Totango has helped us understand our user and account adoption. We understand where our customers stand, what activities they're using our product for, etc. Totango has been key in making us a customer-centric company.,Totango makes it easy to understand how users/companies are using your product. Totango always provides support whenever you need it. Val and Joseph are awesome to work with. Heck, I've even hung out with them during the Customer Success Summit. They always find a way to meet your needs. They found workarounds for us to get the data we need.,Reporting on more data points not just limited to accounts. Being able to drill down to specific dates not just "the last 1, 3, 7, 30 days" An easier way to add activities into a segment. We have almost a hundred activities so adding a hundred columns is quite a timely process.,9,It has helped our executives strategize on how to increase our users adoption It helps us understand where our customers stand relative to other customers We need user reporting to see the full picture,,Customer Success Managers,GainsightWork made easy by TotangoTotango is used by all the customer success managers, sales team heads, zonal heads and assistance managers. We use it like our daily diary for all conversations that have happened with our customers and all the efforts that have been put [forth] from our end. Totango is great for pulling our reports and to maintain each customer portfolio. Tags are very helpful. Assigning the portfolios and tracking who is handling the customer is great. Assigning tasks is also great.,Tags Reports Usage tracking,Anybody can assign the portfolio to anyone and original owner is not notified regarding this Late updation No tracking of date and time of assignment of the portfolio,10,It acts like a customer interaction diary We do have some levels of conversation tags - helps us a lot Customer usage report Internal process management gets easy,,Upsafe Free Gmail Backup, Facebook at Work, IBM Business Process Manager,51 to 100 people,Reports Keeping track of customer's usage TagsTotango for a Customer Success organizationTotango serves our Customer Success group and being used by project managers, account managers and consultants. It helps us monitor usage by customers, adoption levels and quota consumption.,Great trend visualization for our system metrics. Very good trends tracking. Success Beats helps us and our people to get early warnings and tasks that are data driven. Good events tracking in the timeline, which provides the story behind the data.,The metrics are based on averages which are not giving the true story. We would like to track trends of the raw data collected by the system and reflected in the charts metrics area. The Salesforce add-on is limited with customization/configuration options. Non Totango users cannot benefit from Totango. Some of the metrics settings are hard coded. Example "Changed in the last X days". There are hard coded numbers that do not provide enough flexibility. Timeline touchpoints should be editable. It would be good to react to touchpoints with replies and even "Like" gestures. The notifications area does not read easily: the account name should come first (to the left) or at least let me configure the colomns.,9,Early warning should lead to better retention. Still difficult to monetize.,,JIRA Software, Salesforce.com,11 to 25 people,Jira Tempo module SalesForceSolid product still needs to improveOur customer success organization is using Totango to manage and track the behavior of our customers and create plans and alerts in order to make sure that they are engaging with our platform. Right now it is limited to the customer success managers and some directors and we don't plan on expanding into any other areas at this time. Totango helps us quickly gauge which clients need assistance, additional guidance or are in danger of churning from our product.,Sends us valuable daily email alerts with health scores of all of our assigned clients. Visually looks very clean and is pretty easy to use as an end user. It is easy to create reports on accounts and we really enjoy using the live view of who is actually on the product.,Connecting to Salesforce was not easy and we still have account values that are different than what is reflected in Salesforce. The integration was very painful and it took a long time to get it somewhat decent. I would like to see more effort and dedication by our assigned Customer Success Manager from Totango.,7,Continuous user engagement Better customer communication Up to date with client activities,Gainsight,Salesforce.com, Mixpanel,11 to 25 people,Mixpanel Salesforce.com,Generating daily reports and email reports. Getting a quick snapshot of the account.,Navigating the side panel Finding the new features Using the new features,Yes, but I don't use it,6TOTANGOWe use Totango to understand the usage health of our customers. It gives us a quality report when the usage had gone down and on what parameters.,Differentiate users according to usage Helps us to keep a note on recent happenings with customers Gives us the reason why certain customers are ranked low while others are ranked high and where ypu can improve those to a good level,Updates sometimes doesn't reflect directly and goes missing Review update based on the usage should be updated with better efficiency Update the usage by the customers with a little more faster pace,8,Google Hangouts, Google Drive,51 to 100 people,Scheduling software Record tracking Contact timelineTotango ReviewIt is used by our customer success department and part of the sales department (account managers). It address the need to see and manage the customers' usage with our product and the need to get alerts/tasks when exceptions happen.,It gets data and maintains all the historical information without doing any special setup for this purpose. It knows to calculate different metrics over a defined period of time (show me all the clicks on this feature in the last 14 days). It raises alerts based on those metrics and the setup for these is rather easy.,Metrics are rather limited. You can only summarize the usage over the last 7, 14, 30 days and on, but can't summarize it from a specific date. The functions you can use to calculate different metrics are limited (no IFs for example - only simple math calculations +, - * etc.). The view of an account is also limited. For example - I would like to have different views for different types of accounts.,7,Better customer retention Better visibility into data that was very hidden for our PMs,Gain Sight,11 to 25 people,Salesforce Jira Internal system,Salesforce.com, JIRA SoftwareTotango Helps Fast Paced Startup Get to Next LevelTotango is being used by our organization as the solution to support scale by driving process and automation within our growing customer success team. Although we had a number of tools that did parts of what Totango can do - the investment in time and effort to further customize those tools to suit our needs was more than the investment in obtaining Totango and getting benefits almost immediately.,Responsive and helpful during on-boarding process, lots of help with best practices and implementation. Great modern UI compared to some of the other solutions in market.,Integration with SalesForce is a little cumbersome. Ability to better manage goals/objectives for individual accounts. Need a more robust single sign-on strategy. For example, being able to configure for any SAML provider or enterprise providers such as Google Apps etc., plus additional second factor authentication.,8,A little early to measure, but the goal is to deliver the following. Increase in ARR value through identifying upsell opps. Greater customer satisfaction through identifying trends and issues which are relevant to customer.,Gainsight and Domo,Zendesk, Salesforce.com, Dropbox for Business, Slack, Trello, Zoom,1 to 5 people,Zenedsk SalesforceClever ReviewWe are tracking our company's accounts, usage and health scores through Totango.,Tracks health scores, which gives a great benchmark of our customer usage. Great for setting tasks. Gives benchmarks for each of the users and the accounts assigned to them.,Right now, we are in our infancy of our usage of Totango, so this would need more investigation.,8,Giving us insight into customers allows us to keep them in the green and happy, which makes them long term instead of churning. Customer engagement, and which customers are in need of this. Tracking segmentation and where employees with our company might need to focus.,,dapulse, Intercom, Salesforce.com,1 to 5 people,Salesforce Dapulse1 year of TotangoTotango is used by the customer success group at the company. It helps us understand the full picture of our portfolio based on several health profiles. Furthermore, it helps paint a picture of what our customers are doing inside of our platform.,Easy to use. I log in everyday, look at my health profiles and know exactly where to focus. The ability to create reports to show early warning signs.,Needs more ability to manipulate our customer data. I'm limited to being alerted about certain attributes for 30 days and 90 days but what if I wanted 60 days or 75 days? Unreliable data sometimes.,6,11 to 25 people,Salesforce and MarketoUseful Totango.Totango is mainly used by our success department, and by a couple of managers. Totango mainly addresses our customers who are on the verge of churning, but also helps us reach out to customers who are not taking full advantage of the services we offer.,Tracks customer renewal dates. Allows us to determine priority calls over less important renewals. Create specific tags for customers based on wants, and/or needs.,A more dynamic task/subtask option would be very useful.,8,Since using Totango, I feel that customer retention has gone up because we have the ability to target the customers that are not using specific features, or not using the software as much as they were.,Gainsight,1 to 5 people,An inhouse database program for customer tracking.Totango is a great way to mature your Customer Success team.Totango is used by our customer success team to for a variety of tasks. First we use it to monitor new customers for the first two weeks to make sure they are engaging with the product and adopting correctly. Second, we use it to segment our customers between our two payment plans. Lastly, we use it to organize our daily tasks when we've identified customers we need to reach out to.,Totango has an easy interface, which makes learning and using it effectively a painless task. Totango's customer success team is great and are extremely helpful in teaching you to get value from the product. Totango is a full platform for all your customer success needs.,More help analyzing our customers usage and looking for trends in why people churn. More functionality around customer messaging. Data is sometimes incorrect.,8,Helped increase retention Helped find weak points in our onboarding process Helped us segment our customers,Zendesk, Vonage, Salesforce.com,1 to 5 people,Salesforce ZendeskOur Experience with Totango!Totango is used mainly by the success team department to have an overview of client status and progress so team members are aware of their work. Other departments use it to have an overview of what's going on mainly and use the numbers if needed be it in sales or dev.,Dashboard makes it very quickly and easy to tell health status of individual clients. As head of the customer success team, I can identify team capacity and performance via checking their profile on Totango. There's clarity on long time value of client package worth.,Functionalities need improvement, we need AND & OR with smoother performance. I need individual team member views that includes both their activities and clients they handle. Health indicator shouldn't be based only on time, I need other factors to be allowed in.,4,Isn't in a stage to be able to see ROI yet.,,Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Magento Community Edition,11 to 25 people,SalesForce Magento ZendeskCustomer Success Expert toolTotango is used within the customer success department to monitor the usage of our customers. It allows us to act proactively when usage of the customer drops by reaching out and offering a helping hand.,Broad understanding of customer success in general Auto follow up via customer success plays Automated follow up via campaigns,Very much oriented around a fix relation between a CSM and a customer Less easy to use with very large customer bases Performance could be improved,7,Better retention,11 to 25 people,Teamleader CRMTotango ReviewTo track product usage details and user behavior.,Product usage patterns Exportable graphs are convenient,Directional usage patterns are confusing and not always relevant Longer date ranges than 90 days would be valuable Health score can be ambiguous I am often asked for login patterns over 30 day periods, Totango only offers 14,6,Very positive - there was no other system providing us this user behavior data before totango,,Takes two TotangoWe use it for data analytics and partially as a CRM. The whole customer success department uses it, as it integrates with our web app and we can pull specific information.,Data analytics Tagging/segmenting Campaigns,CRM is really rough - hardly any funcitonality,6,Helps me analyze the health of my customers Doesn't allow me to see the last time I contacted an account,7,Multiple Geographies or Territories Multiple Products Multi-tier Accounts Customer Success Managers,ProsperWorks CRMMore campaign management than success managementTotango is being used by the customer success management group for the purposes of customer analytics and pushing adoption.,Segments customers Manages book of business Allocation of customers by ARR Detailed customer usage,User interface is too complicated, it takes too much effort to slice and dice data to view it how you want to. You have to define attributes etc, instead of just being able to apply filters, facets and rules on the fly. No prebuilt scorecard, even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted it would be helpful to complete a default scorecard and then grow from there. Aggregation of data across all customers for analytics is difficult to use. No Android app.,6,Nothing concrete identified at this time,Zendesk, New Relic APM, New Relic Browser, JIRA Software, HipChat, Slack, Salesforce.com,6 to 10 people
Totango

Totango Reviews

Totango

Do you work for this company?

Filter 97 vetted Totango reviews and ratings

April Rosten profile photo
  • Seeing how often our customers are using our products.
  • Finding out key contacts to reach out to those who are highly active or inactive users.
  • Running reports on different customer segments.
It's obviously different for different departments, but the marketing and customer success groups utilize it a lot. Getting that extra insight about customers is really helpful.
Read April Rosten's full review
Himanshu Girdhar profile photo
July 01, 2016

Go Totango

• Time Stamp.
  • Reports.
  • Tags.
I think it the best platform for customer success managers.
Read Himanshu Girdhar's full review
Ashley Sprano profile photo
  • Tracks Customer Health.
  • Automates Customer Emails based on usage.
  • Creates workflow.
  • Innovates - new features come out all the time!
If you have a software product where you need to track usage, Totango is amazing!
Read Ashley Sprano's full review
Read Janielle Loken's full review
Maranda Ann Dziekonski profile photo
April 13, 2016

Totango for the win!

• Totango has great support!
  • The interface is very easy to use and you don't necessarily need to be a technical guru to use it.
  • Totango is great partners with their customers when implementing. They offer a ton of resources both live (with your CSM), and in their resource center (collateral on Success).
Read Maranda Ann Dziekonski's full review
Arzo (Zoey) Homayun profile photo
April 12, 2016

CSM Review

• Customization - Helps you make your accounts unique so you can set up what you need to do your job efficently
  • Health Reports at a Glance - Being able to quickly see anything to focus on
  • Campaigns one is able to run
Totango is great for CSMs but I'd like to see more on how sales can benefit from what I see and to translate into a report I can relay to sales.
Read Arzo (Zoey) Homayun's full review
September 02, 2016

Thumbs up for Totango

• It monitors the usage of our application well - we can see who logs in and how frequently so we can make inferences as to how much value our customers are getting from our software
  • It records all communication effectively in a log format - you can even bcc emails to Totango and they're automatically logged
  • It stores and automates delivery of campaigns to our customers who are more "light touch" - we can see who opens the emails and if it moves the needle of app usage
When I want to touch base with an Executive at one of my accounts I always log on to Totango to get a sense of who is using TrackMaven, how frequently, and what communication CX has had with them recently. It helps round out my account knowledge so I'm going into meetings and conversations prepared. It's less appropriate from a strategic perspective - for instance, if I see end users active and healthy in their TrackMaven account that's a great sign, but I don't know if that necessarily means we're helping to solve something for executives who own budget. In all, Totango achieves what it's meant to and is a key ingredient for me to do my job.
  • I've worked with two other mainstream Customer Success-focused products in the past, and found their UIs very complex, particularly around navigation and creating custom reports. One in particular required heavy assistance from the product's CSM to stand up custom reports. I find that Totango has a very intuitive user interface and a simplified approach to reporting. Best of all, my Totango Customer Success Manager (CSM) is in frequent communication throughout the course of the month so I rarely ever feel 'stuck.'
  • Being a fairly heavy Salesforce user in past roles, I was highly critical of the Sales and Account Management teams working in silos: Sales in Salesforce, and Account Managers in Totango. Totango gives you plenty of import/export options with Salesforce in mind so that Account Managers like myself don't have to worry about double-entry of notes and other data points.
  • My favorite features by far are creating tasks and touch points. It's incredibly simple, and includes a timeline of events on the customer profile page so that you can easily glance at the most recent activity.
For post-sales scenarios where you need to manage the customer relationship based on a set of attributes (ie. usage, case load, website engagement, etc.), Totango is one of the more superior products on the market. For pre-sales scenarios, it seems as if other tools on the market would work just fine such as Salesforce or any one of their competitors.
  • Aggregate customer data.
  • Analyze usage & adoption and use it to trigger health warnings and proactive account management.
  • Monitor CSM engagement.
It seems especially well suited to subscription SaaS platforms that sell subscription licenses. We have had trouble adapting to our business model (essentially pay-per-use). The support and product teams have been helpful and responsive but there are just limitations in the design that we've had trouble working around.
  • Totango makes it easy to understand how users/companies are using your product.
  • Totango always provides support whenever you need it. Val and Joseph are awesome to work with. Heck, I've even hung out with them during the Customer Success Summit.
  • They always find a way to meet your needs. They found workarounds for us to get the data we need.
As a BI substitute to understand how your users are using your product, Totango works fairly well. Totango excels in helping your CSMs and Customer-facing employees have insightful conversations with their customers.
  • Tags
  • Reports
  • Usage tracking
Generating reports is very easy and I appreciate it. Even the dumbest people who do not know Excel can work on this. It is very helpful in keeping track of each customer’s usage and the revenue is very good. Totango loads easily but some times it acts like it’s cranking. While pulling out reports, the Excel sheets are directly mailed - that is really nice.
  • Great trend visualization for our system metrics. Very good trends tracking.
  • Success Beats helps us and our people to get early warnings and tasks that are data driven.
  • Good events tracking in the timeline, which provides the story behind the data.
Totango practically re-focused us and reshaped our ways of working. It is more than a dashboard or a workflow system: it is the central system in our day to day.
  • Sends us valuable daily email alerts with health scores of all of our assigned clients.
  • Visually looks very clean and is pretty easy to use as an end user.
  • It is easy to create reports on accounts and we really enjoy using the live view of who is actually on the product.
I think it's good if you fit the mold for what they are looking for you to do with the product. Less appropriate for multiple integrations and if you are looking for any type of custom experience. Totango is a bit difficult to navigate if you want to dive deeper into specific users and what they have done since sign up to churn.
June 08, 2016

TOTANGO

• Differentiate users according to usage
  • Helps us to keep a note on recent happenings with customers
  • Gives us the reason why certain customers are ranked low while others are ranked high and where ypu can improve those to a good level
  • Review of things with clarity is done here.
  • It's very much appropriate to keep a track on the records of customers.
  • Where managing things according to their usage and constant contact can be made.
June 08, 2016

Totango Review

• It gets data and maintains all the historical information without doing any special setup for this purpose.
  • It knows to calculate different metrics over a defined period of time (show me all the clicks on this feature in the last 14 days).
  • It raises alerts based on those metrics and the setup for these is rather easy.
For usage management it does the work even with the limitations. The 'gray area' is where you want your users to use only Totango (so they can use one system) and then the limitations are more problematic because it still cannot replace completely the CRM.
  • Responsive and helpful during on-boarding process, lots of help with best practices and implementation.
  • Great modern UI compared to some of the other solutions in market.
Totango is a great choice for any modern SaaS solution. It can be a little trickier to setup effectively for companies with complex customer organization and/or product hierarchy structures - but probably no more than any other similar solution.
April 26, 2016

Clever Review

• Tracks health scores, which gives a great benchmark of our customer usage.
  • Great for setting tasks.
  • Gives benchmarks for each of the users and the accounts assigned to them.
If you want to get an understanding of your user base and how they are using your product, Totango is wonderfully suited to gain that insight.
April 22, 2016

1 year of Totango

• Easy to use. I log in everyday, look at my health profiles and know exactly where to focus.
  • The ability to create reports to show early warning signs.
The customer success group at our organization is made up of about 30 people. I think it was great when the group was smaller (i.e. 10-15) but now that we've gotten a lot larger or more mature, we demand to see a clearer data capture of what each of our customers are doing inside our platform. For example, something like a usage report would have been extremely helpful.
April 21, 2016

Useful Totango.

• Tracks customer renewal dates.
  • Allows us to determine priority calls over less important renewals.
  • Create specific tags for customers based on wants, and/or needs.
Totango is well sutied for tracking usage, as well as renewals.
  • Totango has an easy interface, which makes learning and using it effectively a painless task.
  • Totango's customer success team is great and are extremely helpful in teaching you to get value from the product.
  • Totango is a full platform for all your customer success needs.
If you are just starting your customer success team at a small company, Totango may be a little advanced. If you are at a larger company, or you have a more mature team, Totango can help you get to the next level. If you don't rely on recurring revenue, it might not be as helpful.
  • Dashboard makes it very quickly and easy to tell health status of individual clients.
  • As head of the customer success team, I can identify team capacity and performance via checking their profile on Totango.
  • There's clarity on long time value of client package worth.
I still refer to Salesforce views sometimes, as the views in Totango are not as easy to create or navigate through. Also the integration with Salesforce means an update in 24 hours when sometimes I need it instantly.
  • Broad understanding of customer success in general
  • Auto follow up via customer success plays
  • Automated follow up via campaigns
Totango is easier to use with a smaller customer database. It is good for campaigns and linking objectives to these campaigns.
July 29, 2016

Totango Review

To track product usage details and user behavior.
  • Product usage patterns
  • Exportable graphs are convenient
Useful: tracking user behavior by individual and by the account, seamlessly and quickly
Less useful: I wouldn't use it as my primary account management tool - tasks, campaigns, etc... I go elsewhere

July 21, 2016

Takes two Totango

• Data analytics
  • Tagging/segmenting
  • Campaigns
  • Well suited for data analytics.
  • Horribly suited for CRM.
  • Segments customers
  • Manages book of business
  • Allocation of customers by ARR
  • Detailed customer usage
I think if you already have well-defined processes and data, and are not yet at an unmanageable (~500+) number of customers, you don't need Totango.

Role-based user permissions (35)
6.2
API (33)
Integration with Salesforce.com (43)
6.1
Integration with Marketo (3)
5.4
Product usage (56)
Help desk / support tickets (40)
Sponsor tracking (6)
6.1
Customer profiles (55)
Automated workflow (53)
Internal collaboration (48)
6.4
Customer health scoring (56)
Customer segmentation (52)
Customer health trends (55)
Engagement analytics (55)
6.5
Revenue forecasting (44)
Dashboards (53)

About Totango

Totango is a customer success platform that is designed to help recurring revenue businesses simplify the complexities of customer success by connecting the dots of customer data, actively monitoring customer health changes, and driving proactive engagements.

According to the vendor, Totango is also the only customer success platform provider that offers solutions for companies that have or sell into multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.

Features Include:

• Customer and User Monitoring Platform: real-time monitoring of key account and user-level metrics on product adoption, value delivered, utilization, and operational incidents.

• Early Warning System: a system that computes customer health and alerts companies when a customer needs attention based on shifts in health or occurrence of specific at-risk events.

• Customer Success Work Management: business process management for customer success managers and executives including account management workflows, best practice automation, team performance measurement, and executive reporting and dashboards.

• Customer Nurture and Retention Campaigns: automated, personalized campaigns to drive onboarding and product adoption based on actual user behavior and results.

• Customer Analytics: Deep segmentation and analytics capability to discover trends across the customer base, develop benchmarks, and examine rich account and user profiles.