Reviews (26-50 of 60)
- Totango helps us identify customers that are at risk of churning so we can contact them and address their needs.
- It helps us manage our new customers so we can make sure they are properly set up with the software and receive the training they need.
- It also helps us track billing issues with our customers.
- We use the success plays that are built into Totango, however, some of our plays involve many phases or steps. Totango is not good at linking these together as it lists them all individually.
- We rely on reviewing comments to understand what was talked about in previous conversations with customers. The touch-points are easily lost in the noise of all of the automated comments created by Totango for each account.
- Customer Service and Customer Success are the biggest strengths for Totango. They have a great product but what makes it really stand out is their employees' willingness to go above and beyond to make sure that their customers are successful.
- They have a rapid development cycle which allows them to implement new changes and features quickly and efficiently without compromising code quality.
- Totango is a web based application and they have employees working worldwide. This means that they get internationalization and that there is always someone available to assist if needed.
- This isn't actually a problem, but because of the rapid development cycle you will see features that start out a bit clunky. Totango managers reach out though and walk through the new features with us and watch to see where the 'pain points' are to identify where features can be improved and enhanced; this level of service and attention to detail sets the bar higher for all of us.
- I would like to see more of the configuration exposed in the settings so that we can make changes without having to submit a change through our representative. As we implement it is nice to be able to quickly make a change and then test it out without extra communication.
- Seeing how often our customers are using our products.
- Finding out key contacts to reach out to those who are highly active or inactive users.
- Running reports on different customer segments.
- Pulling reports isn't super easy. The first six months I received an error and had to have coworkers download them. They've since given me a few work arounds, but a comprehensive solution would be preferred.
- Tracks Customer Health.
- Automates Customer Emails based on usage.
- Creates workflow.
- Innovates - new features come out all the time!
- Reporting - it is hard to know what reports to build.
- Email alerts - I want to be able to create a list of users who meet certain criteria and have that emailed to me. Currently, I can just do it for accounts.
- Totango has great support!
- The interface is very easy to use and you don't necessarily need to be a technical guru to use it.
- Totango is great partners with their customers when implementing. They offer a ton of resources both live (with your CSM), and in their resource center (collateral on Success).
- We are still early in the use phase of Totango, but so far the only challenges I've had are understanding where everything is within the system. Time will resolve this.
- Customization - Helps you make your accounts unique so you can set up what you need to do your job efficently
- Health Reports at a Glance - Being able to quickly see anything to focus on
- Campaigns one is able to run
From my lens, it helps the complimentary teams (AM/CX) ensure we know everything we need to when strategizing on an account. For CX, they live in Totango and record all campaigns, touchpoints, sentiment, etc. so without access to it, I'd be pretty lost as to how my customers are doing.
- It monitors the usage of our application well - we can see who logs in and how frequently so we can make inferences as to how much value our customers are getting from our software
- It records all communication effectively in a log format - you can even bcc emails to Totango and they're automatically logged
- It stores and automates delivery of campaigns to our customers who are more "light touch" - we can see who opens the emails and if it moves the needle of app usage
- I've worked with two other mainstream Customer Success-focused products in the past, and found their UIs very complex, particularly around navigation and creating custom reports. One in particular required heavy assistance from the product's CSM to stand up custom reports. I find that Totango has a very intuitive user interface and a simplified approach to reporting. Best of all, my Totango Customer Success Manager (CSM) is in frequent communication throughout the course of the month so I rarely ever feel 'stuck.'
- Being a fairly heavy Salesforce user in past roles, I was highly critical of the Sales and Account Management teams working in silos: Sales in Salesforce, and Account Managers in Totango. Totango gives you plenty of import/export options with Salesforce in mind so that Account Managers like myself don't have to worry about double-entry of notes and other data points.
- My favorite features by far are creating tasks and touch points. It's incredibly simple, and includes a timeline of events on the customer profile page so that you can easily glance at the most recent activity.
- When customizing a current report and saving under a different name, at times it overwrites the previous report. This requires you to go into the previous report and undo any edits that were made.
- I've never felt more care and attention from a CSM team before, but at times they can overcommunicate; more than 2 or 3 times a week.
- They should consider relocating the "What's New" tab somewhere more visible. I often forget to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and check on which new features have been released.
- Aggregate customer data.
- Analyze usage & adoption and use it to trigger health warnings and proactive account management.
- Monitor CSM engagement.
- Lack of flexibility for business models outside of core (subscription-model SaaS).
- Complex implementation, very hands-on.
- Totango makes it easy to understand how users/companies are using your product.
- Totango always provides support whenever you need it. Val and Joseph are awesome to work with. Heck, I've even hung out with them during the Customer Success Summit.
- They always find a way to meet your needs. They found workarounds for us to get the data we need.
- Reporting on more data points not just limited to accounts.
- Being able to drill down to specific dates not just "the last 1, 3, 7, 30 days"
- An easier way to add activities into a segment. We have almost a hundred activities so adding a hundred columns is quite a timely process.
- Great trend visualization for our system metrics. Very good trends tracking.
- Success Beats helps us and our people to get early warnings and tasks that are data driven.
- Good events tracking in the timeline, which provides the story behind the data.
- The metrics are based on averages which are not giving the true story. We would like to track trends of the raw data collected by the system and reflected in the charts metrics area.
- The Salesforce add-on is limited with customization/configuration options. Non Totango users cannot benefit from Totango.
- Some of the metrics settings are hard coded. Example "Changed in the last X days". There are hard coded numbers that do not provide enough flexibility.
- Timeline touchpoints should be editable.
- It would be good to react to touchpoints with replies and even "Like" gestures.
- The notifications area does not read easily: the account name should come first (to the left) or at least let me configure the colomns.
- Sends us valuable daily email alerts with health scores of all of our assigned clients.
- Visually looks very clean and is pretty easy to use as an end user.
- It is easy to create reports on accounts and we really enjoy using the live view of who is actually on the product.
- The integration was very painful and it took a long time to get it somewhat decent.
- I would like to see more effort and dedication by our assigned Customer Success Manager from Totango.
- Differentiate users according to usage
- Helps us to keep a note on recent happenings with customers
- Gives us the reason why certain customers are ranked low while others are ranked high and where ypu can improve those to a good level
- Updates sometimes doesn't reflect directly and goes missing
- Review update based on the usage should be updated with better efficiency
- Update the usage by the customers with a little more faster pace
- Review of things with clarity is done here.
- It's very much appropriate to keep a track on the records of customers.
- Where managing things according to their usage and constant contact can be made.
- It gets data and maintains all the historical information without doing any special setup for this purpose.
- It knows to calculate different metrics over a defined period of time (show me all the clicks on this feature in the last 14 days).
- It raises alerts based on those metrics and the setup for these is rather easy.
- Metrics are rather limited. You can only summarize the usage over the last 7, 14, 30 days and on, but can't summarize it from a specific date.
- The functions you can use to calculate different metrics are limited (no IFs for example - only simple math calculations +, - * etc.).
- The view of an account is also limited. For example - I would like to have different views for different types of accounts.
- Responsive and helpful during on-boarding process, lots of help with best practices and implementation.
- Great modern UI compared to some of the other solutions in market.
- Integration with Salesforce is a little cumbersome.
- Ability to better manage goals/objectives for individual accounts.
- Need a more robust single sign-on strategy. For example, being able to configure for any SAML provider or enterprise providers such as Google Apps etc., plus additional second factor authentication.
- Tracks health scores, which gives a great benchmark of our customer usage.
- Great for setting tasks.
- Gives benchmarks for each of the users and the accounts assigned to them.
- Right now, we are in our infancy of our usage of Totango, so this would need more investigation.
- Easy to use. I log in everyday, look at my health profiles and know exactly where to focus.
- The ability to create reports to show early warning signs.
- Needs more ability to manipulate our customer data. I'm limited to being alerted about certain attributes for 30 days and 90 days but what if I wanted 60 days or 75 days?
- Unreliable data sometimes.
- Tracks customer renewal dates.
- Allows us to determine priority calls over less important renewals.
- Create specific tags for customers based on wants, and/or needs.
- A more dynamic task/subtask option would be very useful.
- Totango has an easy interface, which makes learning and using it effectively a painless task.
- Totango's customer success team is great and are extremely helpful in teaching you to get value from the product.
- Totango is a full platform for all your customer success needs.
- More help analyzing our customers usage and looking for trends in why people churn.
- More functionality around customer messaging.
- Data is sometimes incorrect.
- Dashboard makes it very quickly and easy to tell health status of individual clients.
- As head of the customer success team, I can identify team capacity and performance via checking their profile on Totango.
- There's clarity on long time value of client package worth.
- Functionalities need improvement, we need AND & OR with smoother performance.
- I need individual team member views that includes both their activities and clients they handle.
- Health indicator shouldn't be based only on time, I need other factors to be allowed in.
It allows us to act proactively when usage of the customer drops by reaching out and offering a helping hand.
- Broad understanding of customer success in general
- Auto follow up via customer success plays
- Automated follow up via campaigns
- Very much oriented around a fix relation between a CSM and a customer
- Less easy to use with very large customer bases
- Performance could be improved
Totango Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Totango is a customer success platform that is designed to help recurring revenue businesses simplify the complexities of customer success by connecting the dots of customer data, actively monitoring customer health changes, and driving proactive engagements.
According to the vendor, Totango is also the only customer success platform provider that offers solutions for companies that have or sell into multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.
Customer and User Monitoring Platform: real-time monitoring of key account and user-level metrics on product adoption, value delivered, utilization, and operational incidents.
Early Warning System: a system that computes customer health and alerts companies when a customer needs attention based on shifts in health or occurrence of specific at-risk events.
Customer Success Work Management: business process management for customer success managers and executives including account management workflows, best practice automation, team performance measurement, and executive reporting and dashboards.
Customer Nurture and Retention Campaigns: automated, personalized campaigns to drive onboarding and product adoption based on actual user behavior and results.
Customer Analytics: Deep segmentation and analytics capability to discover trends across the customer base, develop benchmarks, and examine rich account and user profiles.
Totango Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Totango Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|