Tout is video advertising technology from the company of the same name in San Francisco, California.Tout needs to speed up, but meets some of the feature requirements people look forWhile recently working at a popular software company, I used Tout as an individual salesperson and later as a program manager, trainer, and sales QA manager for a large inbound sales team. The team used Tout primarily to do 4 things: To track leads opening emails and clicking links.Connect our email and CRM to log email activities onto Leads and Contacts.Use pre-written email templates instead of copying and pasting from a separate document.Set calendar appointments with leads through the app.,Track leads opening emails and clicking links. We could easily see if a lead forwarded an email to a large group of people for instance, because the stats would show it. Connect our email and CRM to log email activities onto Leads and Contacts. Keep users inside of our email system instead of copying and pasting email templates from multiple places.,Slows down your system. When we removed all other tools from our workflow, Tout kept our computers running extremely slowly. This created a net neutral impact on productivity. Buggy interface. Sometimes activities didn't fully log in Salesforce, and the calendar system wasn't easy to use. Templates were hard to standardize formatting. Our reps needed to re-format every email when they set up a template.,5,Positive: reps can stay inside of their email instead of unproductively navigating between multiple applications when contacting a lead. Negative: the slowness of the app, and the bugginess, decreases productivity to create a new neutral impact.,,Dropbox Business, Salesforce for Higher Ed, ZendeskMy Tout ExperienceTout was being used by our sales department to send out emails to prospects and track engagement. We also used it for automated campaigns for certain prospects.,Tout made it easy to add someone to a campaign. The extension allowed me to easily see who was viewing my emails and at what times. Direct integration with Salesforce and Gmail.,It doesn't log my Salesforce tasks for me like other tools do. Sometimes I wondered if my emails went to prospects' "spam" folders, because it tracks their engagement.,7,It had a good impact on me because I was able to track my prospects' engagement and reach out to them first before reaching out to others. It didn't log Salesforce tasks for me so I had to go do that myself which costs me extra time.,Outreach
Tout

Tout Reviews

Tout

Filter 5 vetted Tout reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
April 09, 2019

The team used Tout primarily to do 4 things:
  1. To track leads opening emails and clicking links.
  2. Connect our email and CRM to log email activities onto Leads and Contacts.
  3. Use pre-written email templates instead of copying and pasting from a separate document.
  4. Set calendar appointments with leads through the app.
  • Track leads opening emails and clicking links. We could easily see if a lead forwarded an email to a large group of people for instance, because the stats would show it.
  • Connect our email and CRM to log email activities onto Leads and Contacts.
  • Keep users inside of our email system instead of copying and pasting email templates from multiple places.
  • Slows down your system. When we removed all other tools from our workflow, Tout kept our computers running extremely slowly. This created a net neutral impact on productivity.
  • Buggy interface. Sometimes activities didn't fully log in Salesforce, and the calendar system wasn't easy to use.
  • Templates were hard to standardize formatting. Our reps needed to re-format every email when they set up a template.
Well-suited:
  1. Slower environments where Tout covers all your needs, without needing any other add-on applications.
Less appropriate:
  1. High volume, fast environments in which you cannot sacrifice your speed or efficiency.
  2. Environments in which Tout does not satisfy all the technical needs you're looking for from an application like this (if you need another plugin).
Brennen Hyatt profile photo
August 28, 2018

My Tout Experience

• Tout made it easy to add someone to a campaign.
  • The extension allowed me to easily see who was viewing my emails and at what times.
  • Direct integration with Salesforce and Gmail.
  • It doesn't log my Salesforce tasks for me like other tools do.
  • Sometimes I wondered if my emails went to prospects' "spam" folders, because it tracks their engagement.
It would be appropriate to use Tout when sending emails to people and you want to track their engagement or simply add them to a campaign. It can also be used as a dialer system to make phone calls.
Read Brennen Hyatt's full review