Read Brian Hoadley's full review
Pros and Cons
- Tipping point had a very nice GUI interface that sat on top of snort rules. It was easy to access, had nice customization of dashboards and output to syslog for SIEM solutions.
- It was easy to configure rule sets, allow groups or singular allow/blocks or white-listing.
- Security rule sets could be tweaked up or down and allow/drops signatures could be configured to help increase performance.
- Biggest qualms I had with TippingPoint was that it was just a tad on the expensive side for what you get. Nowadays everything has gone UTM in firewalls and they do it all including IPS as part of the basic functionality so really, TP is losing a massive market share.
- Don't see a future in the roadmap with so many other vendors getting onto the "unified" wagon and adding IPS as part of their service and at a cheaper price.