TrustRadius for Buyers Reviews

Dana Mortimer, SPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2018

Trusting TrustRadius

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

I use the reviews to take pointed questions back to the vendors. All the vendors have been very aware of their online reviews. :) The vendors had ready answers but I still appreciated the chance to dig and probe deeper into the software. I also use the reviews to help set realistic expectations. No software will solve 100% of an individual business's needs. So it's only prudent to make sure I know how the software will benefit us and where it will not be able to help.
Read Dana Mortimer, SPHR's full review
Ricky Small | TrustRadius Reviewer

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

I try to do my best to avoid basing my interactions solely on the review of a user. I don't deal with many B2B vendors, if I can help it, but the few I do deal with have probably had more questions thrown their way thanks to a comment I have seen in a user's review.
Read Ricky Small's full review
Alex Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

I use it to find pain points but also to reconfirm my decision. In the end, I usually go off of what I am experiencing while trying the product, but oftentimes you can see warning signs regarding support or features, and user reviews can help to confirm these suspicions.
Read Alex Kim's full review

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

Yes, the reviews highlighted pros and cons that were important to us. These helped inform my questions for each vendor, and in some cases the vendor was able to address how they were addressing the cons moving forward. We were able to have more efficient calls with the vendors because we were already familiar with their product's offerings.
May 08, 2018

Love it!

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

I was able to research what they told other people, and compare it with what they told me. Apart from that, it didn't really change anything for me.

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

Yes, they actually gave me more leverage in negotiations and keeping sales people honest. :)

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

No [reviews did not affect my interactions with vendors], but if we were to buy a product through direct vendors, I'd totally bring up the most frequently mentioned negative feedback. We usually make the decision and go buy it directly from websites.

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

Yes [user reviews affected my interactions with vendors]. I always value and look at reviews. I try to learn from people's experiences in order to know what to avoid and see how I can handle the unavoidable. They say sometimes the best way to learn is from your mistakes but I think it's better to learn from other people's mistakes.

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

I believe the reviews can affect your interactions with a vendor in two different ways. The reviews can either help you build trust with a vendor or they can cause you to have a difference of opinion when interacting with them.

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

Yes. I've completely shut off vendor contact based on reviews that have come from TrustRadius. We won't do business with certain companies because of their culture or way they do business. You only find that information out through other people having first hand experiences. TrustRadius reviewers have the right insight and pieces of information that assist in interactions with B2B tech vendors.

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

It has impacted my opinions, but I was never in a position to do anything more than make recommendations to my managers. So, it may have impacted their opinions, but I cannot say. In my experience, I've also primarily focused on development tools in my research and less on [other types of] business technology products.

Impact of Reviews on Interactions with Vendors

Well, reviews really helped in making some decisions (in the end, decisions that were positive for vendors :)). Using TrustRadius I got insights into other people's experiences - people who had the same questions I did. It is really about sharing what you know, but at the same time also getting something from it as other people are doing the same.

About TrustRadius for Buyers

With more than 176,000 reviews and ratings provided by 100% verified users, TrustRadius aims to be a trusted source for business technology buyers looking for product feedback from other people like them.