Twilio SendGrid Reviews

November 11, 2020
Billy White | TrustRadius Reviewer
I tried to send out an email campaign.
  • nothing
  • Emails are automatically center-aligned, unchangeable
  • Emails go to "promotions folder". Even after you are upsold to high-tier dedicated IP
  • Customer service is glacially slow. It's been a month and my concerns are still not resolved.
Absolutely execrable customer service. It was also dishonest of them to represent to me that my (expensive) upgraded account would solve the spam-filter problem.
ONE MONTH I have been waiting and my concerns are not answered. I am a high-tier customer. I am charged $85/mo. for the privelege of waiting for a response.
Read Billy White's full review
December 09, 2020
SENDGRID DELIVER[ED] E-MAILS TO 50,000 SUBSCRIBERS *AFTER* THE PROMOTION ENDED. Not once, not twice, but EVERY SINGLE TIME. We got HUNDREDS of customers complaining they received the mail AFTER the promotion campaign ended so they couldn't use the coupon code. Sendgrid refuses to refund and doesn't care about their customers.

SENDGRID IP ARE ALREADY BLACKLISTED. Vast majority of e-mails ends up in the spam folder because SendGrid IP are flagged as spammer (their fault not mine). Because SendGrid IPs are already blacklisted it defeats the purpose of using SendGrid instead of your own mail server. Here's a screenshot of SendGrid customer support explaining their IP[s] are blacklisted: http://prntscr.com/vvftmx

NO REFUND - SENDGRID DOESN'T CARE. They will NOT refund your money even if their service failed due to their own incompetence. They even charged us excess fee of $60 and we never got refunded. Takes many days to get a reply from customer support.

SENDGRID KEEP[S] STEALING YOUR MONEY AFTER CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT. We finally had enough of SendGrid's unreliable service and closed our account. But SendGrid kept charging our credit card [for] 2 months. We had to contact them again twice to get the refund for the money they stole from us.

SendGrid is the only one to blame here. We don't send spam- our domain has very good reputation, we send only 4 e-mails per year, SPF/DKIM/DMARC is correctly configured, etc. The only mistake we [made] was trusting SendGrid. Don't do the same mistake we did.
I strongly recommend to NOT use SendGrid if you care about your customers. There is not a single valid reason to use SendGrid because their IPs are blacklisted and their service is unreliable. Trust me it will be a disaster for your business if you go with SendGrid, you will learn it the hard way. There are tons of reviews like mine all over the web.
  • Sendgrid misleads customers.
  • Sendgrid is very unreliable.
  • Sendgrid is good at stealing your money.
  • 50,000 e-mails delivered AFTER the campaign ended, every single time.
  • Overcharges and no refund.
  • Sendgrid IPs are already blacklisted.
Worst support I [have] ever seen.
February 22, 2021
We used SendGrid for transactional emails.
  • Nothing.
  • Horrible customer service.
  • Their platform doesn't even work.
  • Transactional emails don't even get sent to users.
SendGrid is the worst platform I have EVER used. Their customer service is HORRIBLE and unresponsive, their site doesn't even work, their transactional emails weren't even being sent to our users, HORRIBLE!!!!! Choose any other email platform instead of this one. I tried upgrading to their pro plan. They sent me a list of questions to answer and I answered all of them. Suddenly, I received an email saying not only was I not able to upgrade to a Pro account, but they locked my free account and disallowed our company from using their platform without giving an explanation why. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and I would never recommend SendGrid to ANYBODY.
SendGrid has the single worst support I have ever dealt with. They fix no problems, they never answer your questions, and it takes them hours/days to respond to you.
June 19, 2020
We use SendGrid for all our transactional emails from our websites and through several applications we use for our clients. It solves issues for deliverability and inboxing emails.
  • Deliverability.
  • Customer support.
Despite their great deliverability and easy to use API, I'd suggest running, not walking away from this company.

We had our account compromised 7 days ago (as of June 18th). I got two emails - one notifying me that the user name was changed, and another that the email had been changed. The email says to respond to help@sendgrid.com if these changes weren't authorized.

I did that immediately. You'd think this would be a critical email and would be answered quickly. You'd be wrong.

It's SEVEN days and counting, and not a peep from SendGrid support. In addition to emailing them that NO, these changes weren't authorized and please help recover my account, I took these steps:
  • Messaged their Facebook page.
  • Responded to comments on their posts, asking for help.
  • Direct messaged them on Twitter.
  • Created a new account and submitted a ticket through that account.
  • Filled out a sales inquiry and talked directly to a sales associate, who also submitted a ticket on our behalf.
  • ALL of the above through Twilio, their parent company.
Still, we're locked out of the account, and SendGrid is still charging our credit card. We've got multiple systems tied to their platform, so we're held hostage while support continues to ignore every request.
January 14, 2020
Brad Emery- CEO The Aimviva Travel Club | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SendGrid for our newsletters, for our sales funnel, and for the automated thank-you messages post-purchase.
We’ve found SendGrid to be more flexible than other solutions that we’ve tried, and the support is awesome when you do have a problem. I cannot see us changing providers. Even when they updated the system, they left all the old menus in place, so there was a choice on whether to use the improvements or not -- and there's no downtime while learning the new layout.
  • Integrating with other systems is easy.
  • Campaigns are intuitive, even for people with no design skills.
  • I got frustrated bringing old data across, and with the way GDPR was handled.
  • I find removing records to be a bit clunky.
SendGrid is better the more data you have-- there are cheaper light products available for 1000 records or less. Trying to move data between systems is problematic, however, so if the intent is to scale, I would start with SendGrid from day one. When you need a sophisticated integration across multiple marketing platforms, you’ll be glad of the functionality and support.

Read Brad Emery- CEO The Aimviva Travel Club's full review
December 04, 2019
Phillip Reinkemeyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Twilio SendGrid to reach more people with my newsletters and email campaigns. My entire team uses it across the whole organization as it integrates seamlessly with PCR, our CRM package for recruiting. With it, I can track marketing campaigns and watch activities to guide future efforts. The tracking ability makes clean up of my database very easy.
  • Schedules email delivery to not trigger spam filters.
  • Tracks activity from individuals that receive my emails.
  • Builds history of interactions and efforts.
  • Historical tracking and activity monitors.
  • Auto-fixing of wrong email addresses in my database or at least notification.
  • Provide input of key activity to assist in marketing efforts.
Best suited for large-scale email campaigns. Less appropriate for deciding the next step in the marketing process.
Read Phillip Reinkemeyer's full review
November 25, 2019
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We manage many client websites and we have found that Twilio SendGrid is vital for Email API integration to make sure that website forms are delivered to the correct client emails and not sent to the spam folder or blocked by firewalls. Many website forms get pulled as spam and that blocks the client from getting the contact and potentially losing a sale.
  • Email facilitation.
  • Seamless integration.
  • Easy setup.
  • All good, I have no issues.
Twilio SendGrid Email API is well suited for WordPress websites when the contact forms are not being sent properly to the client email. We find this more with plugins like Gravity Forms, Contact7, Formidable and pop up alley pro-forms. If the test forms are not being delivered to the client, Twilio SendGrid Email API is a well-suited solution to the problem.
Minimal support needed, easy chat access.
Read Darcy Knapp, MBA's full review
November 22, 2019
Bryan McAnulty | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the Twilio SendGrid Email API for sending transactional emails from our Rails web apps. Twilio SendGrid Email API's infrastructure provides us worry-free, scalable delivery and can be set up with minimal configuration.

We provision Twilio SendGrid Email API as an addon for apps hosted with Heroku, as well as use it for web apps that are hosted elsewhere. The setup is so straightforward that a developer can implement it almost immediately, without having to read deep into documentation.
  • Easy implementation for developers.
  • Reliable transactional email delivery for apps and services.
  • Reporting and analytics on emails sent.
  • Personalized service may not be as readily available for smaller businesses. If you have questions about deliverability and reputation management, you may have to learn some more of this on your own, unless you are a big customer.
Twilio SendGrid Email API is not for sending email newsletters and designing email campaigns. It is meant for transactional email. For example, when you need to send out password reset emails or other notifications from your app or service. If you want a solution that is mainly worry-free, affordable to get started with, and one that provides reporting and analytics, then Twilio SendGrid Email API is for you.
Twilio SendGrid Email API is everything we want it to be, and we have no reason to look for any other solution. Features and pricing match exactly what we need. As developers for SaaS products, Twilio SendGrid Email API provides a great service. I hope that they stay this way and don't inflate the service with too many marketing oriented features, because there are other tools for that and Twilio SendGrid Email API is a API for sending email first and foremost.
Read Bryan McAnulty's full review
January 14, 2020
Greg Fawcett | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SendGrid primarily in conjunction with ClickFunnels to fulfill all of our emails. ClickFunnels doesn't have the ability within to actually send, so this is a very economical and dependable solution.
  • Integrates with other systems, such as ClickFunnels.
  • Builder is super easy to use and send emails directly from the system.
  • In reporting, would like to see actual users that click/opened emails.
Twilio is well suited for small businesses and integrating with other systems. It has a very easy-to-use interface. It is probably less appropriate for large corporate companies that want more robust features.
Read Greg Fawcett's full review
October 17, 2019
When our startup was still under ten people we needed an email solution for our users and for us to use to send automated emails. We were looking for a tool that was simple and could plug into our API. SendGrid delivered on that and we have been using it for a few years now.
  • Good API capabilities.
  • Easy onboarding and use.
  • Good support team.
  • Not as many capabilities and automation as others.
  • Basic email templating.
  • User-interface is okay, but could really be improved.
I think for a company that is small and doesn't have vast marketing or email needs SendGrid would be a good and appropriate solution. Instead of paying for an expensive and elaborate tool, you could use SendGrid till the marketing and emailing needs grow. At that point, it might make sense to switch to something a bit fancier that has better reporting and automation.
August 09, 2019
Twilio SendGrid Email Marketing is being used by our marketing team, customer service team, and our technical support team. We needed a platform that was affordable not only for storing and managing contacts but also for sending email campaigns. We also needed an email marketing tool that was easy-to-use and that offered robust features and allowed us to maintain multiple lists. Sendgrid solved this problem for us.
  • Managing email lists / audiences is easy with features like groups and segments.
  • They provide pre-built email templates that are very easy to modify. It is also super easy to create new email templates with their drag-and-drop email builder.
  • Provides clear / easy-to-read analytics of email campaigns.
  • I can easily import large email contact lists all at once or add a user manually one-at-a-time, when needed.
  • They do not offer an email signup widget for use on your website.
  • Best I can tell, I am unable to see the date/time by which a specific email address unsubscribed.
  • There isn't any social media integration for sign ups, that I am aware of.
Twilio SendGrid Email Marketing is perfect for organizations both big and small that may be on a lower budget. It is a very affordable solution for users with a large number of email addresses. While other providers may offer "free" storage for email contacts... the cost to send campaigns to those contacts can be very costly. While they do not offer widgets or other integrations for websites/social media... it is very easy to import and manage contacts. Additionally, they offer a comprehensive self-help support section online, but it's also easy to hop on the phone or on chat with a rep if you ever need technical support or assistance. Twilio SendGrid Email Marketing may not be the most affordable solution for users who are not currently sending email campaigns to their users, but are simply storing email contacts.
September 20, 2019
Marketing and Market Research departments in my company primarily use this software. As a company dealing into market research we need this tool as our primary software solution. To collect data via online we use this software to reach out to our research samples. It helps us making our data collection process very easy.
  • Its integration with our web pages is very seamless.
  • It has a very clean and easy-to-use user interface.
  • Its email deliver ability is quite fast and spam free.
  • Its reporting feature is not as comprehensive as I expect.
  • Sometimes I found the support team takes lot of time to respond on technical queries.
  • Paid subscription plans are slightly more expensive compared to other branded software.
In my department, it is very helpful to reach out to our samples for data collection on marketing research surveys. It reaches out to our targeted people at their convenience, which ensures a higher response rate. We can also schedule our emails in this tool for future deliveries.
April 03, 2019
Evan Laird | TrustRadius Reviewer
SendGrid Email API is being used as our transactional email platform. So when users or restaurants make actions (such as reserve a table) inside of our application an email is being sent out to each individual user/restaurant with details about that certain action. It's also used for easy onboarding flows for our users and restaurants alike so based on actions they take such as adding their restaurant, we send another email about how to use and open up tables.
  • Drag and drop email designer for transactional emails - super nice even though I do code, it's much quicker and easier to implement without code.
  • Very simple implementation. Only a few lines of code need to be added in our backend and boom we were up and running in less than a day.
  • Listening to customer feedback. They regularly send emails about new features and ask for feedback to improve their software.
  • Some of the cheapest and best dedicated IPs.
  • Easy integration and setup between marketing and transactional emails. Super helpful to have everything in one place.
  • Not necessarily their Email API but their email in general - they are currently in beta for automated email sequences but are still bare bones. Much more work is needed before it can be used mainstream and be able to convert everything to SendGrid.
  • Helping with warming up our dedicated IP for the best-sending score.
  • We seem to hit the promotions folder a decent amount (maybe the IP problem above) and even a lot of their emails hit my spam or promotions folder (whether they be transactional or marketing) which isn't a great sign when trusting an ESP.
  • Transactional email sequences would be a huge plus.
  • Now that Twilio owns SenGrid, having an integrated platform where you could see all our transactional emails together.
  • Better reporting and split reporting between transactional and marketing emails.
SendGrid Email API, I feel, is well suited for tech companies with smaller teams. I feel as if with a larger team of programmers, designers, etc. you may have better results with a competitor and coding things yourself. But for fast moving startups with quick implementation, nothing beats Twilio + SendGrid in those regards.
Read Evan Laird's full review
March 01, 2019
Sam Lepak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company currently uses SendGrid for all promotional and transactional marketing emails. Our marketing team designs via the HTML editor all our promotional emails, A/B tests, category stats, and segments contact lists inside SendGrid. Our backend RoR setup up the majority of the implementation - he claimed it to be exceptionally easy. For us SendGrid allows us to keep track of all our emails in one place. Rather than having one email service provider for promotional emails (ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, etc) and one email service provider for transactional emails (Mailgun, Mandrill, etc.), we are able to have them all in one place.
  • Being a startup and going through an accelerator program in the GAN network, we were able to take advantage of SendGrid Accelerate program and leverage SendGrid training, resources, and early beta access to new products. Not to mention their dedicated IP address.
  • SendGrid has an extremely simple UI/UX. From creating emails in the editor via HTML or drag & drop, to being able to manage our unsubscribe lists and even viewing KPIs on emails and specific categories; SendGrid is extremely intuitive.
  • Compared to other email service providers, SendGrid has an exceptional deliverability rate. Being a global company and have thousands of users all over the world, we have never had an issue with delivering emails. Over 99% on all promotional campaigns and a near perfect rate on all our transactional emails.
  • SendGrid recently launched automation/sequences. While this is still in beta, they have a weird setup where you must configure your entire contact list twice to be able to put contacts through the automation. It will be interesting to see their roadmap for this product as they continue to develop the marketing side of their product.
  • I've had trouble setting up their tracking with our website via Google Tag Manager. Followed their instructions and ended up contacting SendGrid support and they said that we needed to implement the code on the actual website. Wish we could have it done with Google Tag Manager.
Being a luxury/lifestyle brand, it's extremely important that our digital products and messages all are able to use the same style, font, colors, etc. With SendGrid's HTML builder we were able to import fonts and keep our message consistent with all our other channels.

SendGrid is also extremely well suited for being able to view statistics on emails. Because of their email tagging/categories we are able to track onboarding emails, cart abandonment emails, and run A/B tests and understand which emails are working and which are not.
Read Sam Lepak's full review
January 17, 2019
Justin McClelland | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SendGrid transactional email integrated within our website to send follow-up emails to prospects once they complete our online signup process. This was primarily an administrative function that was automated. We were able to reduce the number of back-and-forth emails with SendGrid, and also automate the on-boarding process of our clients.
  • The SendGrid API allows you to integrate the transactional email in as custom a fashion as you wish. This enables you to make the emails dispatched very customized.
  • SendGrid also has a feature that allows you to use it as an email campaign manager. This eliminates the need to have two different solutions for email campaigns and transactional emails.
  • The pricing structure is beneficial to those who begin with low volume. The graduated pricing allows the price to grow with use.
  • The API documentation is a bit confusing.
  • All of the SendGrid services are accessible from different URLs and there's no centralized dashboard.
  • The WordPress plugin was pretty buggy.
If a company wishes to automate their onboarding process, among others, with transactional emails, I would absolutely recommend SendGrid. The pricing is fair and once you get it set up, it's pretty reliable to work as expected. Also, the emails can be plain text or HTML, and they both are spam proof.
Read Justin McClelland's full review
December 14, 2018
Jim Rubenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
SendGrid is used, primarily, by our development team for products that span our entire business. SendGrid allows our developers an easy way to deliver e-mail from our applications to our users without having to manage and maintain an e-mail server infrastructure internally. The tools that SendGrid makes available for the price makes utilizing their services a no-brainer decision.
  • Robust API for delivering bulk e-mails or transactional messages to users
  • Top-notch features you'd expect from any enterprise grade ESP (inbox, bounce, open tracking, click tracking, etc)
  • Powerful user interface for managing many aspects of your campaigns (email templates, user lists, etc)
  • Excellent inbox deliver-ability
  • White-labeling features that are simple to implement (to hide the fact that SendGrid is your ESP for outgoing e-mails)
  • User interface can be non-intuitive for some features
  • API Documentation is lacking in some places (but user support is top notch and responsive, so answers can be had relatively easily)
If you're building/managing custom software products that need to send custom e-mails on a per-user level, where your customizations are more than a simple mail merge (eg, first name, last name, etc), SendGrid is an obvious winner. More consideration needs to be applied if your needs aren't so cut-and-dry. SendGrid doesn't have the GUI composition tools that some other platforms have, so managing a typical marketing e-mail list is not the best use case for SendGrid. However, their API is top notch and afford you a lot of capabilities, so if you're at all building custom software and need to send e-mail, SendGrid is worth putting at the top of the list.
Read Jim Rubenstein's full review
December 12, 2018
Oliver Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it as our primary platform for marketing campaigns by our entire organization. Whether it is from the sales dept or marketing dept, SendGrid is our preferred means of emailing. It solves the problem of organizing contacts in one area that allows for building of a template and then tracking the analytics of our campaign. It's a one-stop shop for all things relating to marketing emails and we could not be happier.
  • Allows you to create a custom template quick and easy
  • Easily track the analytics of your campaign and break down things like unique opens, impressions, deliveries, etc
  • It does not spam people, and is a trusted method of emailing contacts
  • The organization of the main page to get to email campaigns was difficult to find at first
  • When you schedule an email campaign, it defaults to the following day which I do not like
Best suited for marketing campaigns to bulk lists where you can showcase company updates, links, schedule meetings, calls, etc. Perhaps not the best place to show multimedia right there on the page.
Read Oliver Taylor's full review
December 09, 2018
Patrick Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We primarily use SendGrid for our daily newsletter/email offer. It is one user (marketing director) who creates and builds the email. We utilize both the HTML and design templated formats. We require quick and efficient creation and delivery of finished and professional emails every single day of the year and SendGrid helps us accomplish this in a straightforward and easy to use format.
  • Easy Template building and editing
  • Professional reporting and testing
  • Exceeds industry standards
  • List/contact management could be improved.
  • SPAM testing and rendering capabilities are lacking
  • Pricing for mass sending is slightly above average
Well suited for quick day to day operations that need to look professional. It'd be less appropriate for users looking for a one stop shop for marketing initiatives. Does not have a full panel for enhanced marketing schemes but is great for being your company's mail transactional and email marketing platform...especially if you are a large volume sender.
Read Patrick Meyer's full review
December 19, 2018
Ashley Jane | TrustRadius Reviewer
SendGrid gives you the power to mass-email and market more effectively, regardless of your skill level. Whether you are looking to custom-build your HTML templates, or would like to build out their standard templates. Our Enterprise application needed the ability to send emails to customers and partners and track their delivery/response and action taken from the email. SendGrid allowed us to roll this out fast, cheap and frictionless.
  • Email Template feature helps me a lot. Very very easy to use and manage.
  • Easy to set up, white label URL, and get emails sending through API and marketing campaigns. Fast delivery and general reporting.
  • Drag and drop is laggy and a bit confusing sometimes and can be improved. I feel it's sometimes difficult to design emails.
SendGrid is a great tool for an emailing system. It's very easy in terms of configuration, implementation, administration, cost effectiveness, etc. There are multiple features you can set up in setting sections according to requirements. I really want to appreciate the SendGrid team for creating a user-friendly and spammer-free tool. All the areas seem perfect as of now for me.
Read Ashley Jane's full review
August 16, 2018
Dave Stack | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use sendGrid emails to send our most important transactional emails.
  • Good deliverabilty of emails.
  • Amazing customer support.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • I wish there was an option to see all of the suppressions at once. Currently, I have to click down the list of 7 options which is a little annoying to search for a certain person who may be being supressed but you are not sure which type of suppression that person is under.
  • Since sub-users are possible (which is a very nice feature), it would also be nice to be able to have webhooks available for each of the sub-users as well. Currently there is only one central web hook possible per account.
SendGrid is well suited for transactional emails and getting the most important emails from your organization delivered.
Read Dave Stack's full review
July 29, 2018
Jennifer Lott | TrustRadius Reviewer
SendGrid was being used to send emails to users who signed up for newsletters. It was being used by the organization as a whole.
  • SendGrid sends emails on time.
  • Has email send reporting.
  • Lets you customize your emails.
  • Analytics
Sending multiple emails to different lists - there was no way to really tell which email was being opened by which group.
Read Jennifer Lott's full review
July 23, 2018
Dan Grossman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SendGrid Transactional Email across several products in our organization. It's used to send billing invoices, payment receipts, and notifications of various events our customers want to know about as they happen.
  • SendGrid has an exceptional deliverability record. We never worry about emails making it to our customers' inboxes.
  • It can be difficult to best configure SendGrid, especially when setting up dedicated IP addresses and the various DNS entries needed for reliable email delivery. Settings and instructions can be spread throughout multiple pages of the SendGrid web application.
SendGrid would be my top recommendation for any company that needs to send transactional email. It's easy to integrate, with simple and well-documented APIs, and can handle whatever volume you need from day one.
Read Dan Grossman's full review
March 03, 2018
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SendGrid to help prevent email generated by our clients' sites from being flagged as spam.
  • We use it for email notifications generated by client websites. Without SendGrid, such email messages often fail to be delivered.
  • We use it for sending our clients' e-newsletter email messages. Without SendGrid, such email messages often fail to be delivered.
  • SendGrid is very complicated to set up. They offer very limited phone support for setting it up and for adding client email sub-accounts.
  • SendGrid seems to have service outages more often than I would have expected.
  • The pricing is a little misleading. They have "free" and "inexpensive" plans but you cannot really do much of any use with those plans.
  • Technical support is spotty - sometimes they are instantly available and sometimes not.
When you have email being sent "by" a WordPress website, SendGrid makes it much more likely that your email will go through. Also, it imposes a certain structure that makes you a better email marketer if you're using it to send email newsletters.
Good when you get through but often not available.
Read Tim Colling's full review
September 06, 2017
Luke Abbott | TrustRadius Reviewer
[I'm] Using SendGrid to send transactional email, as well as updates and newsletters, for several websites that I control. Not using any of the advanced features of SendGrid, really, beyond their whitelisting, DNS-based security, and such. For the most part, it just works, and I don't have to think about it, which is wonderful. (I spent many years wrestling with mailman and the like; when I first switched to a dedicated SMTP server it was a revelation!)
  • Deliverability seems good. Never had any issues here.
  • Whitelabeling works well, making it appear that emails are being sent directly from the domain (no evidence of SendGrid anywhere except maybe if you dig into the email source).
  • Admin interface is clean and easy to use.
  • Prices used to be a little more flexible, starting at $1 and going up according to usage – and that included whitelisting and all that good stuff. Now they start at $10 a month although that does give you up to 40,000 emails a month. They also have a free plan (< 100 emails / day) but I'm not sure if it includes whitelisting.
  • Had some issues with the SendGrid API years ago. They probably fixed it, but I've since just used the SMTP endpoint with no issues.
I think it's great for transactional email, messages from your app, etc... anything sent from your server, *except* maybe newsletters and mass emails. For that, I'd rather use a MailChimp or whatnot. (Although to be honest I *am* using it for one client's WordPress website along with MailPoet, which ends up costing a fair amount less than MailChimp for her list size.)
Read Luke Abbott's full review
August 31, 2017
Jesse Spears | TrustRadius Reviewer
Stadio uses SendGrid Transactional Email not only for its automated sales and customer support outreach, but also for its core product. Stadio clients are provided hardware and software to design and implement a captive Wi-Fi login portal at a brick-n-mortar business where customers input personal data, then see mobile marketing for Wi-Fi access. As soon as the customer receives Wi-Fi access, Stadio uses SendGrid transactional email to automate a personalized email to the customer, curated by the Stadio client.
  • SendGrid's template editor is very easy to use with drag-n-drop functionality and great organization among template groups.
  • SendGrid customer support is top-notch. We also had onboarding training that was invaluable.
  • SendGrid subuser management and co-worker/"teammate" functionality is incredible for our own business.
  • SendGrid's template builder could still use some additional features that other email marketing services provide.
  • SendGrid should make the "tracking global unsubscribe" formattable so that it doesn't just align to the left.
  • SendGrid sometimes glitches and logs us out in-session.
SendGrid is the ideal partner for all transactional email needs. They basically provide the functionality of marketing email programs, but for transactional -- something competitors fail to do.
Read Jesse Spears's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (27)
6.5
Dynamic content (30)
6.0
Ability to test dynamic content (29)
5.9
Landing pages (18)
5.4
A/B testing (22)
5.8
Mobile optimization (30)
6.7
Email deliverability reporting (71)
List management (34)
6.7
Triggered drip sequences (16)
5.3
Link Tracking (3)
Image Validation (3)
Inbox Display (3)
1.0
Email Accessibility Tools (3)
1.0
Spelling and Grammar Check (3)
Spam Testing (3)
Email Previews (3)

What is Twilio SendGrid?

Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns provides users with segmentation, campaign editing, and deliverability. According to the vendor, Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns is trusted by over 80,000 customers globally, including Airbnb, Spotify and Uber.

Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns aims to help users by providing:

MORE EFFICIENT EMAIL BUILDING
The campaign building process is free from frustrating, rigid step-by-step wizards that slow users down. The vendor says the choose-your-path editing options save time, whether users prefer code, design, or a mix of both.

EASY, HIGH-IMPACT SEGMENTATION & PERSONALIZATION
The vendor aims to provide users with an intuitive, clean UI that makes it clear who you’re targeting. Users can also personalizing campaign subject lines and content, and design custom fields to import.

INTUITIVE, IMPACTFUL EMAIL TESTING
According to the vendor, Twilio SendGrid brings the most important campaign stats front and center so users can quickly gauge performance and iterate. When it’s time to dig deeper, Twilio SendGrid provides users with robust email activity data, inbox and geography insights, and more.

PROVEN DELIVERABILITY & SCALE
Getting your messages to the inbox is at the core of everything Twilio SendGrid does. You can upgrade to 24/7 support and expert services to bring your email program to new heights.

Twilio SendGrid Video

Twilio SendGrid Email API. Send with Confidence.

Twilio SendGrid Competitors