Tyler SIS

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Tyler SIS, and make your voice heard!

What is Tyler SIS?

4 people want pricing too

What is Tyler SIS?

Tyler Technologies offers Tyler SIS, a suite of school and student management applications, including online student registration, school inventory management, Classroom 360 mobile accessible student information management for teachers, Student 360 with portal for grades, announcements, and homework for students and parents, and other features.

Tyler SIS Technical Details

Md. Masudul Hassan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Tyler has made it considerably easier for instructors to take attendance and input grades by reducing the number of "clicks" and speeding up the process. It does allow me to enter grades when it works and is online. It also provides me with a variety of reporting choices. User profiles can be customized in a variety of ways, which is a great feature.
  • The grade book's flexibility is incredibly useful, allowing teachers to personalize in any way they desire, including color-coding by performance.
  • It is much easier for teachers to determine how their students are doing overall with just a fast scan.
  • it is also beneficial to highlight incompletes or missing assignments as a visual reminder.
  • In Tyler, it's difficult to find anything. There are a few options for getting about, but none of them are simple.
  • Even setting up a grade book for the first time might be difficult.
  • Every time I go in to take attendance, a page that says "DASHBOARD" appears, and I have to click out of it to get back to taking attendance.
I enjoy that I can look up my students and see all of their family information, including phone numbers for contacting family members, and that I can take attendance using this software. Even before the child/family enters my classroom, I can tell if there is any sensitive background information about them. Even though I have not opted to utilize it, I enjoy the seating chart function that allows me to construct one using student images. Sometimes, Tyler SIS is despised by teachers and building officials. The only people who seem to like it are those who can receive their data from the central school office.
Kevin Daniels | TrustRadius Reviewer
My entire school district uses Tyler. It is used for communicating with families, entering grades, and tracking all other information for students in the district. It allows us to track attendance, state assessment results, and transcripts (among other things). It is our single source for all information for students. For teachers, it gives them the ability to send mass emails to the parent(s) of every student, or just select students, without having to look up the contact information for each student. Tyler SIS has been a great upgrade for us as a district since our previous system. For administration, Tyler SIS gives the ability to pull data based on different criteria in order to build lists of students. For example, this data pull has been used to isolate students eligible for an intervention project, which could then be sifted through by educators in order to prioritize students according to need. Tyler SIS can also be used to track attendance and pull reports to see which students have more than a set number of tardy or absent marks in attendance.
  • Consolidated source of information
  • Easy access to contact information
  • Gradebook system has many helpful features
  • So many features, many we don't know how to use.
  • We have had regular issues with the website not working.
  • Comment system for report cards needs sorting (or a search option).
When it comes to tracking grades and attendance or even just entering grades and attendance, this has been the best system I have used in fifteen years in education. The administrative side has many features and tools that allow us as a school or district to identify students that would benefit from specific interventions. Overall, it has been a great product for us. I am not aware of any scenarios where Tyler SIS is less appropriate than other products.
Rebecca Vold Preston | TrustRadius Reviewer
Tyler SIS is being used in our school district to hold all student information. It is being used across our entire school district: elementary, middle school, high school, and learning center. The problem that Tyler SIS solves is that it allows for administrators and authorized users to view student information when needed for various reasons. Teachers also can take attendance of students who are present during that school day.
  • Keeps information secure, safe, and encrypted.
  • Student information is easy to navigate when needed by authorized users.
  • Allows for teachers to have their classes organized to take attendance easily.
  • Need for labels of all of the navigation pictures. It is difficult for me to know what button I am clicking into if I haven't accessed that part of the software in a while.
  • It would be nice to have a tutorial to know how to navigate the software better. It can be difficult to navigate at the beginning.
  • Remove the "BULLETIN" section.
Tyler SIS is well suited to take attendance, and retrieve student information when needed. It is less suited when needing to pay a lunch balance or access the gradebook. It can be difficult to navigate the software with all of the different functions. A tutorial would be helpful in this realm to help the ease of understanding the software.