Pros and Cons
- "One tool to master Data scraping": If your organization's main goal is to achieve data from internet and social media (like us) then focus on UiPath. There are very fine and crafted specific tools are available for data scraping in UiPath RPA. Initially, if you go for Python, you will end up wasting time. You will get a small result after brainstorming too much. Rather using UiPath you can select tags or HTML words just like you inspect element in your browser.
- "UiPath OCR APIs": You can not get a platform where you have OCR APIs at one place. You can have Google OCR, Microsoft OCR and ABBYY Reader plugins in the tool. If you face output problems with One OCR you can switch to another anytime. There is always a need for OCR when you do PDF Scraping or Screen Scraping. So why not go for UiPath rather than having multiple OCRs in your system.
- "Automation at its best": I am a user of Selenium from Linux. Though you cannot compare both yes, Selenium does some sort of automation for the web. You don't have to code anything in UiPath. If you are good enough with your Software Engineering skills (Like flow charts, DFDs etc) you are good to go. Not many prerequisites.
- Yes, REFramework needs some more level of understanding. UiPath Academy must give video tutorial for ReFramework on their Academy. REFramwork is very good, fault tolerant practice was given by UiPath which requires a good level of understanding the concepts.
- UiPath RPA should have a Linux package so that Linux users can too use this tool. Ubuntu support of this tool will add a new dimension of Automation.
- UiPath does not provide on-screen log system. Logging the automation step by step like a log manager will add a developer mode to the workflow. It'll be easy to debug the process.