Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Universal recovery (300)8.686%
- Incremental backup identification (337)8.585%
- Deduplication and file compression (324)8.484%
- Instant recovery (576)8.484%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Unitrends helps solve today’s modern IT data protection problems with purpose-built proprietary cloud environment that integrates with turnkey backup appliances to deliver offsite, long-term data retention and white-glove Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Through automation Unitrends aims to minimize manual tasks, eliminates management complexity, and delivers tested hardware and software resilience.
Predictive analytics that monitor data characteristics, flag suspicious files, and alert administrators to threats.
Recovery Assurance tool provides automated failover, recovery testing, and compliance reporting.
Monitoring & Support
Recovery Series backup appliances include predictive analytics that anticipate hardware problems and send out alerts before issues occur. Once an issue is detected, a member of Unitrends’s support team will notify users and help to resolve the problem pre-emptively.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Instant recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Setup is not hard, but you might have to ask support for help.
- Recovery is hard to understand at first.
- Setting up schedules can be cumbersome
- Setting up offsite replication is complex
- The user interface over the years changed a lot and took re-learning
- SQL services should be stopped prior to backup then restarted
- not really anything
- Going through logs when something fails can be a bit tricky
- recovery email if backing up exchange is a bit cumbersome as you need to use a third party utility. that may have since changed as they were working on incorporating that functionality into their portal
- Nothing is difficult
- Nothing is cumbersome
- I couldn't recommend anything to make this better except make it free :-)
- Baremetal Restores
- Editing existing schedules
- Agent updates from the appliance GUI
- Advanced Searches
- Excluding file types from backups.
- The backup schedule can be difficult to work with.
- Retention rates are difficult to understand.
- Backup wizards can be a little confusing.
- Registering machines with the appliance could be easier.