Score 8.1 out of 10

What is Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery?

The Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliances are hardware developed for data backup and management. They cover enterprise backup, ransomware detection, recovery assurance, proactive monitoring, and cloud continuity into a single platform for organizations of all sizes.

• Universal recovery (300)
  • Incremental backup identification (337)
  • Deduplication and file compression (324)
  • Instant recovery (576)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery, and make your voice heard!

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.unitrends.com/products/recov…

2 people want pricing too

What is Veeam Backup & Replication?

Veeam’s® premier product, Veeam Backup & Replication™, delivers availability for all cloud, virtual, Kubernetes and physical workloads. Through a management console, the software provides backup, archival, recovery and replication capabilities.

What is Carbonite Server?

Carbonite Server (also replacing the former EVault products acquired from Seagate in 2016) is a full backup and discovery solution. Designed to recover anything from a single file to an entire system with the click of a button, Carbonite Server users can protect virtually any type of file on both…

Product Demos

Unitrends Backup Makes Your Job Easier
01:35

Features

Data Center Backup

Data center backup tools send data to a secure storage location after encryption and de-duplication

8.5Avg 8.2

What is Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery?

Unitrends helps solve today’s modern IT data protection problems with purpose-built proprietary cloud environment that integrates with turnkey backup appliances to deliver offsite, long-term data retention and white-glove Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Through automation Unitrends aims to minimize manual tasks, eliminates management complexity, and delivers tested hardware and software resilience.

Additional features:

Ransomware Protection

Predictive analytics that monitor data characteristics, flag suspicious files, and alert administrators to threats.

Recovery Assurance

Recovery Assurance tool provides automated failover, recovery testing, and compliance reporting.

Monitoring & Support

Recovery Series backup appliances include predictive analytics that anticipate hardware problems and send out alerts before issues occur. Once an issue is detected, a member of Unitrends’s support team will notify users and help to resolve the problem pre-emptively.

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Features

• Supported: Platform support
  • Supported: Retention options
  • Supported: Encryption

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Video

Unitrends increases uptime and confidence in a world in which IT professionals must do more with less. Unitrends leverages high-availability hardware and software engineering, cloud economics, enterprise power with consumer-grade design, and customer-obsessed support to nativ...

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesWorldwide
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Emil Neufeld | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small shop without a full-time IT staff. On several occasions Unitrends support provided prompt, patient and competent assistance. From something as simple as locating a power switch to runaway backup processes.
I recently just renewed our contract and purchased a larger appliance to expand with the hospital. The staging team was incredible, they made it painless for me. Although a previous employee didn't document a few key things, they helped me every step of the way making sure my backups were running and we were live. Every day I had a tech checking in on the progress, and that is why I'll always remain a loyal Unitrends customer. This is just one of many amazing stories I could tell about the support received.
Kristian H. Larsen - IT Drift og support | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had a Unitrends tech work with me on the phone for 5 hours straight, to get backup up and running for a client over the weekend after a combination of disasters, not following best practice and misunderstandings their backup was completely screwed and needed to be reimplementet, and the support team helped every step to make sure this happened.
My last ticket they solved the problem very quickly. I was using the second NIC card and it was causing a problem with one of my backups. The first level tech work for a while to resolve the problem and took it to his higher and found a solution on the fist call. The backups are working great.
Just about every time I call support I would consider it exceptional for the following reasons. USA support where there is no language barrier impeding the support process. Get called back the same day I put in the ticket. Usually takes one session to get issue fixed. They keep in touch when working on your issue. Friendly not judgemental staff.
Rob Cowart | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think there were 3 tech support calls over a period of a month. We would get it set up only to have it start failing in a few weeks. The third guy I talked to spent over 2 hours with me, a very pleasant and productive 2 hours I might add, getting the multiple backups working perfectly. Its been 6 months or more since my last tech support call. Their support is GREAT!
Ian Fuchs | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was having trouble installing the client app on a Linux server. The support tech talked me through the procedure, ensuring both that the install worked correctly, but also making sure that I understood the procedure itself, enabling me to efficiently do this over and over as required in the future. They turned a simple support request into a training opportunity and it was amazing!
Anita Simoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
To be perfectly honest....there has never been a time that Unitrends' technical support hasn't provided me with exceptional support. I am always blown away at their professionalism and technical capabilities. Every time I have filed a ticket with them, they have provided me with exceptional support.
The initial rollout of the unit was done exceptionally well. The support engineer walked me through the entire setup process and confirmed all systems were scheduled to be backed up. Following the first backup he checked back to ensure everything worked as expected.
John Oates | TrustRadius Reviewer
The only time I have had to call support was during a backup failure. They responded in 2 hours were ready to remote in and support the appliance, recommended a fix that worked and closed out the ticket. Could not ask for better response. Excellent.
Michael O'Riley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was having issues with SQL 2014 database backup and discovered there was a bug. The engineers stuck with it and developed a fix. It was a great experience.
Chris Fuchs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Numerous times just jumping into a quick chat, not having to spend tons of time giving them your information because they have it from your device already when you start chatting (at least they used to when you could do it direct from the firmware/GUI - not sure now? Anyways, just had a series of good experiences a couple years ago right after our implementation letting them jump into our device via a support tunnel, analyze the problem and resolve it directly - or provide me the direction to do so when appropriate...
Brett Williston | TrustRadius Reviewer
Was having a problem understanding my retention times. Called support and the gentleman was very friendly and explained the concept in a clear manner. I personally appreciate this very much. So many technical support personnel come off as arrogant and rude and that I should be grateful for their time. They seem to forget the I am the CUSTOMER. Have not had this problem with anyone at Unitrends.
Burton Steele | TrustRadius Reviewer
We couldn't get our full storage to show up for the UEB software solution. Turns out if was because of how WE have VMware setup and not able to present anything over 2TB of storage as a single drive (file). They were able to answer it immediately after looking at our setup, even though it wasn't an actually Unitrends issue.