Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Universal recovery (300)8.686%
- Incremental backup identification (337)8.585%
- Deduplication and file compression (324)8.484%
- Instant recovery (576)8.484%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Unitrends helps solve today’s modern IT data protection problems with purpose-built proprietary cloud environment that integrates with turnkey backup appliances to deliver offsite, long-term data retention and white-glove Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Through automation Unitrends aims to minimize manual tasks, eliminates management complexity, and delivers tested hardware and software resilience.
Predictive analytics that monitor data characteristics, flag suspicious files, and alert administrators to threats.
Recovery Assurance tool provides automated failover, recovery testing, and compliance reporting.
Monitoring & Support
Recovery Series backup appliances include predictive analytics that anticipate hardware problems and send out alerts before issues occur. Once an issue is detected, a member of Unitrends’s support team will notify users and help to resolve the problem pre-emptively.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Instant recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Automated offsite disaster recovery
- Running the virtual appliance on a decent but older server.
- Backing up all our VMs.
- Ability to restore individual files from VM backups.
- Re-use existing data storage with a new appliance
- Very customizable.
- User PC's
- recovered deleted files
- recovered overwritten files
- recovered from ransomware attack
- Nothing out of the ordinary, just back ups.
- Spinning up a VM on the appliance after a failure
- Bare metal recovery of a server after a crypto locker attack.
- We have been able to aggregate the four NICs on the appliance t get more throughput for backups.
- We have since incorporated a local NAS for onsite archiving through this Unitrends box and connecting to their Forever Cloud for further archiving as well.
- We do hourly incrementals to catch the latest pushses of webdata.
- we don't use Oracle HCM Cloud
- Restoration of Databases for test and beta testing environment non production servers.
- Testing of new email servers to be deployed.
- Restoration and Recovery of bare metal servers.
- Have only had it for 7 months, have had to do a bare-metal restore for a server with Unitrends and it worked awesome!
- Have been able to remove 8 tape drives.
- Have also gone from 18 Maxtor drives to only 3.
- Nothing out of the ordinary
- Bare metal backup
- Hyper-V backup
- We use a tape drive for archiving vital information that isn't current.
- We haven't been able to use Unitrends successfully - some occasional file restore
- It failed to do a bare metal restore
- It failed as a whole (HW/SW/System) several times