Great Products, Good Value

November 04, 2021
We use it for backups and cloud backups across the organization. For us, we have to do end-of-year processes before we can conduct …

Unitrends Recovery 9006

May 19, 2021
We have been a Unitrends customer for many years and we will continue to be, hopefully for many years to come. Upgraded our Recovery 9006 …

Unitrends in the Workplace

May 19, 2021
As a reseller we aim to use the Unitrends devices to address specific backup and recovery needs for different styles of business. …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Universal recovery (301)

Incremental backup identification (338)

Deduplication and file compression (325)

Live recovery (289)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery, and make your voice heard!

What is Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery?

The Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliances are hardware developed for data backup and management. They cover enterprise backup, ransomware detection, recovery assurance, proactive monitoring, and cloud continuity into a single platform for organizations of all sizes.

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.unitrends.com/products/recov…

1 person want pricing too

What is Veeam Backup & Replication?

Veeam’s® premier product, Veeam Backup & Replication™, delivers availability for all cloud, virtual, Kubernetes and physical workloads. Through a management console, the software provides backup, archival, recovery and replication capabilities.

What is Backblaze Business Backup?

Backblaze headquartered in San Mateo, California offers continuous, automatic cloud backup for personal and business use. Backblaze Business Backup consists of cloud solutions to safeguard systems and files (e.g Veeam, Servers, NAS, Workstations).

Data Center Backup

What is Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery?

Unitrends helps solve today’s modern IT data protection problems with purpose-built proprietary cloud environment that integrates with turnkey backup appliances to deliver offsite, long-term data retention and white-glove Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Through automation Unitrends aims to minimize manual tasks, eliminates management complexity, and delivers tested hardware and software resilience.

Additional features:

Ransomware Protection

Predictive analytics that monitor data characteristics, flag suspicious files, and alert administrators to threats.

Recovery Assurance

Recovery Assurance tool provides automated failover, recovery testing, and compliance reporting.

Monitoring & Support

Recovery Series backup appliances include predictive analytics that anticipate hardware problems and send out alerts before issues occur. Once an issue is detected, a member of Unitrends’s support team will notify users and help to resolve the problem pre-emptively.

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Features

• Supported: Retention options
  • Supported: Encryption

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Screenshots

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Video

See how Unitrends makes backup and continuity simple

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Downloadables

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Competitors

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesWorldwide
Supported LanguagesEnglish

By far the best Backup utility I have used, it exceeds expectations for capabilities with types of backups available, and types of recovery options. So many options available, options to backup to cloud, and I cannot say enough about the great customer support. I am happy to recommend this company to colleagues.
Edwin Labirua | TrustRadius Reviewer
Unitrends Data Center Backup Backup and Recovery is well suited for VMWare backups. It's fairly easy to configure and the learning curve is not steep. We like that you just have to add the VCenter to the appliance and can discover the virtual machines available. The setup to connect to a cloud provider is also easy to set up.
Unitrends has a friendly interface that allows for seamless, easy restores and easy monitoring. I can restore files in just a few click with options of either in the original location or to a new location. I get daily emails that show the results of the backups and if any have warnings. From my experience, and lack is that it seems difficult to find out how much space a particular backup is taking. Also, I would like to backup just some files on a device and if I select that I get a warning the the device isn't being backup up completely and no obvious way to shut off the warning.
Dan Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have a traditional stack and pretty typical needs as a manufacturer. I have used and evaluated everything out there, but the Unitrends solution fits very well and was competitively priced. I would think if it fits us, it could fit anyone like us with a similar stack.
If the environment is relatively stable and there isn't a lot of data growth, the Unitrends appliance should be able to handle anything you throw at it. It is very diverse in backing up all kinds of systems. With that being said, if you're in an environment where data growth happens very quickly, you may have issues with scalability. These appliances are sized in specific quantities.
From the support point of view, Unitrends technical support is outstanding and quick to respond and resolve any issues. The Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery is designed to be straightforward and simple to use, which includes creating a new backup job and scheduling these backups. Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery appliance also allows us to back up our physical and virtual servers with a simple setup.
Application restorations will be tested fully automatically and measures what the actual recovery time is and what the recovery points are. It's analysis compliance with service-level agreements and also identifies any potential threats to data recovery. If the system identifies an issue, then it will notify the user and will recommend steps for correcting those issues. Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery provides fully automated and customizable dashboards which require less administrative interaction on a day-to-day process.
Tanay Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have a habit of using my laptop rough and tough every time. This sometimes leads to hardware damage or data loss and this software helps a lot of time to recover data and to upload backup on the server, which lets the data be safe and lets me use my laptop as I want to.
Dan Reynolds | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using two different backup solutions. I use Unitrends [Data Center Backup and Recovery] to back up my virtual machines and the other products to backup data. I have my reasons. What I like about Unitrends [Data Center Backup and Recovery] for backing up VM's is the ease of backing them up. No agents, no nothing. Just a simple connection to the vcenter server. It works great. I also like that Unitrends isn't really picky about storage. I'm using a couple of old Netgear NAS units for backup. I don't try to keep everything; I only keep a couple of copies of the backups. I don't really want the image to be too old. My main purpose with VM backups is when I lose a lot of VM's all at once (done that), this is a good, cheap insurance.
For a large data center with multiple servers, Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery does well. Deduplication works well. On the downside, the cost per megabyte compared to alternative backups is high. The user interface is complicated to use at first. Tech support needs to be called at times to learn functionality that changes between updates.
I would or would not recommend depending on the environment. Same goes for a reseller. It would depend on the business needs. What I have in my location, might or might not work for another business. We have discussed this very topic in my Technology Networking group.
Education is a great spot for Unitrends, larger companies with larger data sets are a great place for Unitrends to shine. Companies with multiple locations or those in need of offsite disaster recovery sites are another area where Unitrends shines. Setting up a disaster site is very easy and Unitrends assists in this setup.
Right now, I would say 7. I think this score is generous considering an issue that happened in their data center where they lost all of our cloud backups for a period of time because of a hardware error on their side. We were credited a year worth of storage costs back, but that could have been a big issue if we needed the data. If you have multiple servers/workstations you need to backup and you just want to set something that just overall works well and you don't have to baby sit very often, then Unitrends is a good choice. Although deployment was easy with agents when we first set it up we had to go back 2 months later and redo a whole bunch of backups and change the backup types because of long backup jobs never finishing or catching up. I think if the implementation team would have spent a little more time on the type of servers and what we were backing up this could have been avoided.
It's a reasonable solution if cost is an issue and you're looking for ease of use. However, lack of support for Red Hat virtualization, the issues we've had with it not backing up files it says it backed up and the difficulty expanding an existing installation without buying an entire new appliance are becoming more trouble than it is worth.
If you have on-site servers and want a reliable backup and recovery system, then Unitrends is very well suited to the task. Easy setup, easy configuration, and ease of maintenance make it a quality system to implement in your on site data center. The speed of the backups also make the system very expedient when it comes to the backups that it does of your servers and workstations.
I would strongly recommend Unitrends based on its ability and ease of use and value. It is a professional, inexpensive backup product with good support. Fairly easy to set up and maintain. I like the hardware flexibility in using the virtual appliance as well as the cost savings. I feel it is well suited for mid to large size companies with 5 or more servers to back up.
For keeping VM backups in three different locations it is great. If you want better Active Directory integration there are better options available. However the Unitrends pricing cannot be beat by other solutions we have looked into. After the new user interface it has been easy for me and my colleagues to run jobs and make changes to jobs. It is much more intuitive than it use to be. Before the GUI was changed we were seriously considering switching to a different solution.
The appliance is well suited for simple and reliable on-premise back-up. The addition of an external dock or Cloud backup allows for off-site options. A nice, low-maintenance solution for small/mid-sized environments. We don't use the larger appliances or Unitrends's cloud solution so I can't speak to the quality of those.
Unitrends [Data Center Backup and Recovery] has simplified my backup process. After the initial set up, I knew things were backing up properly. The customer support when I have questions is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They are efficient, and very good at following up when necessary. The recent bare metal restore I completed did take quite a bit of time, but with the size of my server, that was to be expected. Since I couldn't be on the phone with support the entire time, she made sure to send me emails periodically as she was also checking the status of my restore process.
Unitrends [Data Center Backup and Recovery] is an excellent backup solutions, especially when used in a VMware environment. Configuring the backup is easier than other vendors. They do have the current and legacy consoles, which both do work, but in some instances the legacy console seems more intuitive.

The appliance does work well and if sized correctly will do if job very well.