VanillaSoft Reviews

Bob Brooks | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2020

VanillaSoft Makes My Life Easier

Our entire organization uses VanillaSoft. I am in sales, so I use it for calling the leads that are loaded into it, as well as managing all of my leads. VanillaSoft also helps sales management by calculating various levels of performance to compare to our metrics. This greatly allows our managers to coach their teams and individuals.
  • VanillaSoft is very easy to read and to navigate avoiding frustrations.
  • Allows auto dial for your VOIP phone saving time that allows more dials.
  • I like the pipeline feature that can be accessed at any time.
  • I can't think of any at present. I know that my company has been very satisfied with VanillaSoft.
VanillaSoft is well suited for lead management and contact phone engagement using scripts, rebuttals, probes, voicemails and emails.

It is probably not well suited for multi-user pipelines because it does not allow viewing for the individual users. They are all incorporated into one file.
Read Bob Brooks's full review
Brice Danisiewicz | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2020

Incredibly useful sales tool

We use VanillaSoft as a lead management program. It works great for managing follow-ups. The interface is incredibly user friendly and has many time saving functions like one click emailing and calling. This software also keeps track of which one of our producers is working which lead so their is never any doubt who is working what.
  • Data Management
  • User friendly
  • Some issues when using VanillaSoft to send emails
VanillaSoft is a great program for managing leads. We can record all of our notes in the system and the program tells us when to follow up with our leads. Almost all of the relevant information on the prospects is right in front of you for ease of access. The downside is that the information is only as accurate as the leads that are coming in.
VanillaSoft keeps everyone on track and ensures we make the volume of calls that is necessary for success. It is very easy to see who you called in a day and how many calls were made. This makes it very convenient to keep track of all of our lead measures, which lead to our lag measures (our paychecks).
Read Brice Danisiewicz's full review
Diane Hale | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 12, 2020

I scream, you scream, we all scream for VanillaSoft!

VanillaSoft is used by our Area Developers to recruit contractors to serve as licensed installers of our product throughout the US. Our prospects in VanillaSoft are broken down by different campaigns we call in and also broken down by specific industry. It's a great CRM as it gives a map of where the prospect is located so we get a sense of the demographics on where the prospect is located. Our business model is to place installers where the market is hot for outdoor living spaces.
  • Love the way you can send emails directly through VanillaSoft. This makes it a one-step process.
  • You can add a result code to track your call history.
  • The search tool makes it faster to bring up contacts.
  • And of course the map is very cool.
  • Duplicate accounts: there should be a way to merge duplicates so multiple salespeople are not calling on the same prospects.
  • Calendar is a little cumbersome.
  • When searching for contact and it's not the correct project name, we should be able to arrow back and it should show the list again without having to search all over again.
VanillaSoft is very user friendly--it's easy to use the VS connect. I love the email icon and sending blind emails out in masses. It is great for marketing and tracking. When loading the website, it has issues with some browsers. Overall, my company is not utilizing all the features that VanillaSoft has to offer. I will be exploring these features and bringing those to my team's attention for future use. Can't wait!
We all pump out a little over 160 calls a day. There are 3 of us inside area developers so that's close to 500 calls a day. Using the VS Connect feature is like lightning moving between prospects. The callbacks come through well with the feature shown in the right top corner. Just one click and you're live. Super easy!
Read Diane Hale's full review
Francisco Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2020

My business survived COVID-19, thanks to VanillaSoft!

I am the only one using VanillaSoft in my company. I am testing it out for my team before they start to use it. It is possible that the entire company will at some point use it.

VanillaSoft is a CRM and Dialer. It has solved the problem my industry is facing due to the Covid-19 situation. I work mainly with seniors which made me unable to leave my house for 2 months. I was able to transition my entire business online.
  • The ability to create rules makes it very easy to prioritize my best leads.
  • The CRM works seamlessly with the dialer to automate calling.
  • The CRM is a great way to manage customer relations and keep track of paperwork that needs completed.
  • I wish VanillaSoft could hotkey my call dispositions. This might be a feature, but I haven't figured it out.
  • VanillaSoft should include the call recording feature free of charge.
  • VanillaSoft does not automatically dial out on Chrome requiring me to use Mozilla Firefox.
VanillaSoft is well suited for salespeople looking to get into the cold calling business, or calling leads. I could see it being profitable in a business-to-client scenario or business-to-business scenario. I do believe that there are salespeople who are naturally good in person and those that are naturally good on the phone, and VanillaSoft might not be for the former.
I transitioned from a cold door knocking system to a warm lead calling system. I used my overhead savings to buy warm leads to call. My best door knocking day was 32 doors knocked on. I have dialed upwards of 200 numbers in a single day of calling for only 3 or 4 hours.
Read Francisco Martinez's full review
Ashley Piwowar | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2020

Everything in One

I own my insurance agency, and am president/CEO (chief everything officer). VanillaSoft is everything I didn't know I needed in a dialer/CRM system. Intellectual routing takes the thinking out of dialing leads. It's a one click call then next lead. It makes me more efficient and increased my productivity 10x. In a business of volume, more dials equals more profitability.
  • Intellectual routing
  • Text and email templates
  • One-click dialer
  • Requires 2-3 logins before access
  • Sometimes text alerts don't show
  • Learning curve in the beginning can take a week or two to get used to the software
Anyone wanting to make outbound calls, VanillaSoft is everything you need. This can be integrated with Zapier to automatically send your fresh leads directly to the CRM to be dialed immediately. If speed to lead is essential for your business, this system will maximize potential. If you are just looking for a CRM, this may be more than you need.
I am able to dial 5-10x more people in the same amount of time than by doing it manually on my cell phone.
Read Ashley Piwowar's full review
Sharon Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 24, 2020

VanillaSoft is the before, during, and after CRM. I used it over 10 years ago, and came back to it a year ago —still rock solid.

It is used for appointment setting for small business clients throughout the country. Vanilla Soft is used for tracking CRM and representatives' time making calls. It's got many more uses with management, but that's my personal experience with it.
  • VanillaSoft makes follow up easy and seamless. I live off of the notes and reminders!
  • I inherit accounts from other reps and I can hit the ground running on those accounts.
  • I used Vanilla Soft in the early 2000s. I just came back to it last year, no real training needed.
  • I would like user-defined callback time-frames. Maybe the company I work for set these. The user needs the option! I can try a cold-call again in 2 days, (often too soon) or 7 days (on the same day of the week that I already couldn't make a connection) or go to another screen and set up an official callback (which gets me excited for no reason, because the callback is being used for call spacing, and not a true follow up). Let me tell the system how many days I want to space my call so I can quickly move on to the next call.
  • Main numbers have ext box, but add-on numbers you're referred to DON'T. I end up putting extensions in the contact's TITLE just to keep it in a visible place. It can be difficult getting an extension. If you don't see that you got it in the previous call, you lose a lot of steam, and sales can be grueling enough as it is.
  • Maybe a place for highlights about a client. Notes age out with newer notes. Critical info often gets lost in the string of transactions.
It's outstanding for sales calls and appointment setting. Excellent conversation tracking when the user keeps good notes.
Read Sharon Jones's full review
Neil Sipe | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

Need a smart CRM? You just found VanillaSoft

We used Vanilla Soft for over 2 years now and it is our main CRM in terms of dealing with our existing and potential clients. It is the best software for sales and marketing especially the intuitive routing where it auto routes leads that are deemed priority to be contacted. The scheduling of appointment is fantastic, no hassle with all the automated emails sent out.
  • Appointment Scheduling
  • Priority Queue
  • Auto-dialing Feature
  • User-friendly
  • SMS Feature for Australian Users
  • More Free Internal Storage for Documents
Definitely 10. Although there are a few missing features, they are not that necessary in our current position. It is best suited for businesses running a call center.
We have increased our call volumes by 50% compared to the previous manual dialing. Since we've used VanillaSoft, our work efficiency has doubled because of the auto-dialing and auto-routing—no paperwork and no mess.
Read Neil Sipe's full review
September 03, 2020

A Sales Rep's Best Friend

Our company uses VanillaSoft to make calls to consumers who have expressed interest in our services. I am on a team of a growing number of Inside Sales Agents (we currently have 5). We love the way VanillaSoft is setup for us to make calls—it is so easy to use and disposition the calls. The script is also right in front of us on the same page, so we don't have to click multiple screens. There is also plenty of space for information about the lead and the client. VanillaSoft quickly dials the numbers and moves to the next lead just as fast. We couldn't ask for a better tool!
  • Calls quickly and moves to next lead quickly.
  • Provides the script and info about the prospect and client all on the same screen.
  • Super easy to use overall.
  • Sometimes the live transfers are disconnected.
  • Being able to delete or edit names under CMV/HUD
VanillaSoft is well suited for any sales environment where agents can be more productive by using a dialer rather than dialing directly from phones or slow programs like Ring Central.
I'm not sure how to quantify the impact, but I know I can make 20-40 calls an hour with a dialer, and only 10 by manual dialing.
August 11, 2020

VanillaSoft drives sales calls!

All our sales people use VanillaSoft to prospect. It is the most efficient way to move through a call/contact list with the least distractions.
  • Call lead management
  • Sales pipeline management
  • Manager oversight of calls
  • Integrated email
  • Would love to be able to see an overview of lead coding for pipeline management
  • Sales analysis/values
VanillaSoft is the best program for sales calls! Perhaps less suited for ongoing contact management but definitely the best way to get volume sales calls.
Sales call volume up at least 50% purely from the efficiency of the call system. Auto-advance to the next record and integrated call software and email means we never need to leave the app. Huge advantage!
June 08, 2020

VanillaSoft Review!

It is being used for fundraising for our organization. 30+ employees use the service and I appreciate that VanillaSoft allows for custom software capabilities to me our organizational needs. It addresses fundraising needs and has capabilities for custom constituent profile information. I really appreciate the needs that it fulfills and the service that it provides!
  • Custom constituent profile information.
  • Segmented scripts.
  • SIP error 408.
  • Credit card payments not always processing.
It is most appropriate for mass amounts of callers to call at once. It is good because it is a mass fundraising platform and is most suited for scenarios where you can standardize contact information and require many people to work at once. It is great for these types of situations!
VanillaSoft has permitted us to increase our total number of calls. It is impressive that we have gone from 50 calls per 90 minutes to 75 calls per 90 minutes. We also are able to update contact information more efficiently and successfully because VanillaSoft has features for us to do so.
May 31, 2020

Easy application

VanillaSoft is being used to build and manage our pipeline. The Area Development side of our company is using it to recruit Installers for our company. It helps us find and gain daily new prospects and contractors over a large user database. We have plenty of contacts, and the overall, the VanillaSoft software is easy to use and easy to manage.
  • VanillaSoft is great at keeping up to date on calendar call backs.
  • Helps generate new leads fast!
  • Can dial and contact a lot of people in a day to build a pipeline.
  • We have repeat clients in our database.
  • Maybe add a skip button for results.
  • Add an important note to the call.
Well suited for companies who need to contact a lot of people in a day. Not very well suited for conference calls or meetings. I think all the features are great! If you add a few more user screens to your platform for adding meetings, I think that would help us connect with clients as well.
We have been able to contact a high volume of companies on a daily basis. It has helped keep up with the momentum and daily performance needed to be successful at our job. I have a huge database of many different types of companies all simply categorized and making our day very efficient.
May 26, 2020

VanillaSoft Review

Everybody in the mortgage department here uses this system. We use VanillaSoft to keep track of when we have called people and when we are due to call them again. We also use it to leave notes so we do not forget what we have done for a customer and what needs to be done on the next call. It is also a great way to make sure we are making enough contact with clients.
  • Allowing us to monitor contact with clients
  • Allowing us to contact new clients as they are put into the system
  • Keeping notes so that we can confirm compliance with customers
  • I am not sure how it can be improved as I have not used another system, and this one is fine for us all.
I have used VanillaSoft for mostly mortgage and insurance-related tasks and have found it excellent in all circumstances. It is particularly useful for clients who need a lot of attention as you never forget where you are in a case and never forget to let them know what is to be done next. Though a diary may be able to do the same, VanillaSoft seems to help me target what has to be done.
I would say that our outbound calls have increased massively as we have been able to manage callbacks much more effectively using VanillaSoft. It has also enabled us to focus on how we are using our time in the office and adjust how much time we should be spending calling. Previously, we thought we were making enough calls when we actually weren't.
May 21, 2020

VanillaSoft Review

VanillaSoft is used as a lead management tool for our intake department. We use it to manage online leads and track them through our intake funnel.
  • Easy to track leads and pick up a colleague's trail
  • User-friendly and intuitive design--there is never a question of where the right button is.
  • Highly customizable, easy to add or delete sections, as well as personalize the specifics to your business
  • The design is clunky and unappealing, it is hard to find the information you need unless you know where to look
  • Pop-ups and notifications interfere with the workflow, it forces a user to deal with the notification before proceeding
  • The cue system means there is no landing page. After finalizing a lead, a user is redirected to another lead depending on the cue, takes a lot of control out of users' hands
VanillaSoft is well suited for call centers and lead management systems with reasonably high volume, especially if team members are expected to exchange or double up on leads. It is less appropriate in settings where each lead requires significant follow-up and would accumulate many notes over a long period of time.
Outbound calls have increased more than 100% since implementation of VanillaSoft. Additionally, inbound calls have been more efficient and productive, leading to higher workforce efficiency, and more conversion of leads.
August 19, 2020

VanillaSoft

The Development Office at Santa Clara University uses VanillaSoft in the outgoing call center for prospect relationship management. It makes it easy to organize all the information and employee notes in one place, which helps the callers have more effective conversations with the prospects.
  • Notes section, easy to see what other employees think
  • More quick results
I think it's well suited for sales or areas where the bulk of customer/prospect interactions is digital.
Definitely. Autodialing makes it extremely efficient to reach more prospects.
May 21, 2020

VanillaSoft Review

We use VanillaSoft for demand generation, as a white-label service for our clients.
  • Very customizable
  • Customer support is better than most.
  • Training is good.
  • Interface is a bit clunky.
  • Takes a while to learn because it has so many features
  • They sort of nickel-and-dime you with features.
If you need a highly customizable platform with a lot of features I'd go with VanillaSoft. If you want an easier interface with a more intuitive feel, maybe not.
Increased by a little bit
Valie Robbins | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

VanillaSoft - love the product, love the company

We have used VanillaSoft across the entire organization for ten years. It enables us to hire the best employees; monitor marketing campaigns in real time; address marketing issues; and give invaluable feedback to our clients, which enables them to continuously improve campaigns and/or address problems that arise. These campaigns are typically customer events - lunch 'n learns, trade-shows, webinars, meet and greet, and training sessions, to name a few for high tech companies. These campaigns are typically performed in conjunction with an account based marketing approach. Prospects are very targeted upper-level decision makers. VanillaSoft allows us to reach these prospects in a very targeted manner. By using VanillaSoft we achieve a higher level of customer response, which translates to more customer engagement, which in turn generates more sales.
We have found that the ability of VanillaSoft to send a personalized e-mail just before making a personalized phone call gives us a distinctive edge over other telemarketing firms. We get comparable results by leaving a personalized voice message as talking with a live person. These messages drive people to open/review the e-mails which otherwise would save languished in the IN box of a prospect.
  • Our employees love it - very user friendly, easy to grasp, very little down time to learn it. They feel very confident immediately.
  • Great technical support - I can get solutions to customer problems that make our company look more responsive to our clients. Our clients appreciate our solving their problems immediately.
  • Because of the real time analytics - we can address immediate issues with marketing campaigns to make our client's personnel look great to their superiors.
  • Because of all the functionality - we can provide a turnkey approach from a small company with big company capabilities.
  • Would love to see a mobile app - so that I can monitor ongoing campaigns on the go. Periodically questions arise that need my immediate attention - would be nice to pull up the dash board to see what is going on real time from my phone.
It is great for a small company like mine because it's allows for easy scalability - very easy to do. Allows ease of hiring just the number of people that we need from all over the country, so we get the very best at the least cost. We've actually used it to hire internationally - again we can watch the results and address issues immediately - give immediate coaching to improve our results for our clients.
I love the ability to watch calling campaigns as they unfold. Sometimes there are issues that arise which need immediate attention from both my client and myself. Our clients love that we can give detailed feedback to correct a situation or address an issue. Clients are impressed at the level of support we provide to ensure their overall successful campaigns!

We are able to tackle outbound calling projects of all sizes - because VanillaSoft is so easily scalable - we can assist with projects of all sizes. We have worked with different divisions, segments within a singular company - prospects love that we can work with small campaigns to large campaigns, all with the same level of focus and continuity which makes us a trusted/reliable vendor. VanillaSoft gives us the flexibility to work on numerous campaigns while maintaining the same quality. Clients also love when they call me the owner - I can give any answer/address any issues immediately to their satisfaction!
  • in-person training
We used it for over ten years - never an issue - very easy to use. Our clients love it!
Easy to add and train personal to use VanillaSoft. Can walk new people through set up or view issues on-line to address telemarketer questions
Read Valie Robbins's full review
Arnie Francisco | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2020

VanillaSoft Review

VanillaSoft is being used only in our B2B calling efforts. When we switched to VanillaSoft, we get more insights into how everyone's performing, we were able to reach out to a lot more prospects compared to previous CRM, and it increased our deliverables. The on-boarding of new users is very easy. The default page for callers is not hard to navigate, you can easily make 300 calls or even more within an eight-hour shift.
  • Time tracking and performance tracking.
  • User friendly-interface.
  • The "Run Query" button should not require double clicks.
If a job requires a lot of dials then VanillaSoft is well-suited. If you need email marketing, VS can hook you up with a good structured template creation and an easy-to-use SMTP. They have dashboards if you want to see if your agents are on the phone or not. They have customer service available all the time.
My agents are making 40 dials per hour on an average. I think this is a 50% increase in comparison to how many we were reaching before. This platform really helped us in our productivity.
Read Arnie Francisco's full review
Bo Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

VanillaSoft kills the lead game!

VanillaSoft is used as a management tool for prospective students. It addresses any "lags" in new leads, meaning it automatically populates the next lead for each admissions person. We also utilize text messaging, along with appointments to help organize the leads. They are automatically put into recirculation as needed.
  • Keeps reps busy, populates new leads automatically.
  • Integrates well with other software.
  • Very easy to use.
  • After a missed appointment we would like to see better options on resulting lead.
  • Auto texting for specific leads.
  • More options on resulting leads.
This software is extremely helpful in sales and well-integrated into the world of college admissions. The streamlined process in which leads are maintained and worked is very user-friendly. On the admin side of things, it is easy to keep up with reps progress, along with idle time, and time used. This software is very good!
Our call volumes have honestly stayed about the same. Each rep has a certain standard number of calls they are expected to make each day. However, VanillaSoft has dramatically increased the quality of these calls. Instead of wasting time on old leads or the same leads over and over. The quality of leads however, is much better.
Read Bo Walker's full review
Michael Kober | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2020

More visibility with VanillaSoft

I've been utilizing VanillaSoft for 4 years now at my job in sales for major arts organizations in Southern California. VanillaSoft provides an excellent interface for phone work. It makes important data visible and accessible, with useful fills to organize contacts. VanillaSoft allows our company to manage multiple campaigns at one time while keeping data from each campaign searchable and active. I am impressed by the advanced search capabilities that can pull up contacts from every campaign ever created in our system. Furthermore, with one click from the stats page, we can create reports to pull up sales records daily, weekly, monthly, and for all time. Vanilla soft records all phone calls made with time, date and notes easy to view on the contact page. It also allows us to place our contacts' buying history right next to the contact information for easy viewing while making calls. Administrators can create fields for users to fill in sales details, auto-sum pricing and load into a printable pdf. We can also easily print mailing labels from the contact page. Lastly, users can sign in online to access campaigns from multiple locations. I consider VanillaSoft the ideal platform for sales success.
  • Visibility of contact info.
  • Advanced search for contact.
  • Sales report.
  • Calling customers.
  • Data fields.
  • Lead status.
  • Slowness.
  • Compatibility.
VanillaSoft is well-suited for telemarketing, long term contacts, and sales measurement.
We've been able to increase our call rates by 30 calls an hour through more efficient software from VanillaSoft.
Read Michael Kober's full review
Apostoli Tsilikas | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2020

VanillaSoft Transformed Our Sales Visibility & Performance More Than We Could Have Ever Expected!!!

All sales agents use VanillaSoft on a daily basis within the organization. Our managers, directors, including myself as the CSO of Live Rich Closing utilize the incredible customizable reporting and dashboards to manage sales performance across our multiple marketing channels for our clients. Rather than just the one department of sales, our entire organization utilizes the platform due to how clearly you can utilize the result codes and sort out the high-performers from the bottom-tier agents. The business problem this addresses for an organization like ours with 30+ agents is communication. We are a fully virtual team so it is critical to have access to call recordings and dial records from a daily, weekly and monthly standpoint in order to make the most money for our clients.
  • Customizable dashboards
  • Unlimited dials and texts
  • Some software crashes
  • Load time
Easily the best customer service. We were pleased by our account manager, Chase, who helped us every step of the way to integrate our current systems with VanillaSoft to ensure the team was informed on a smooth transition with VanillaSoft. There was one particular situation where Chase was able to help us with an integration issue with an extremely short turnaround time to find a solution. This enabled the entire sales team to get back on the phone and enroll more customers for our client's products rather than losing money!
I can't imagine how many people were impacted when we initially started with VanillaSoft. Our clients were able to see 200%+ in outbound call volume when we integrated VanillaSoft within our organization. With the custom dashboard access, performance visibility made it much easier to manage and deliver results on multiple projects.
Read Apostoli Tsilikas's full review
Elizabeth Hislop | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

A detailed review from a student development officer (caller of the semester!).

VanillaSoft is used by the Bucknell student-calling program for managing the university's alumni information and giving records. It is being used by that department to address the problem of repeatedly calling alumni, disorganized record keeping, and call marking for research and managing alumni relationships / collecting alumni/parent feedback effectively. It is also used to manage credit-card versus pledge-letter funds and keeping an accurate record of conversations had with alumni/parents.
  • There are many accurate explanation options for why a call must be researched, which helps managers resolve issues effectively. There are also a lot of valuable resources available as in scripts and the ability to send more information--these tools really come in handy.
  • The option to write comments for calls and general notes gives me the opportunity to thoroughly explain and clarify what went well in the call, or what went wrong as to why someone did not give. This reduces discrepancies between managers and callers and highlights achievements as well as areas for improvement--helps in training.
  • After I choose a number to call, I have to double-click a white confirmation button in the top, center of the screen to go through to the call itself. This step is tedious and a hassle when I am trying to call as many contacts as possible.
  • I do not understand why I have to double-comment when there is a badge for something like "no number" on the right-hand side. Why can't I just click that and move on? Why do I have to also comment "no number"?
VanillaSoft is well suited for CRM for a university because we have the ability to alter notes about the parents and alumni in real time, which saves the supervisors time and ensures that the next time the prospect is called the caller has fresh information to go on and can have a more meaningful conversation / demonstrate that we are invested in knowing more about them. We can even see the activities they were involved with while they were a student here, which leads to a lot of commonalities in conversation.
I do not know what business development/outbound call volume was like before VanillaSoft because we have been using it for as long as I can remember, but I assume that it has greatly increased our efficiency in marking calls because it is much easier to find tabs and sub-tabs beneath them that properly address the issue or request at hand, which means less effort on the end of the caller writing comments and less work on the end of the supervisor correcting mistakes and dividing calls into different categories for research/processing, etc.
Read Elizabeth Hislop's full review
Emilia Ramirez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Easy & Efficient

VanillaSoft is used by the Sales department only. One of the problems I have solved with VanillaSoft is that cold callers are able to get through the leads a lot quicker than other systems. This allows more leads to be called on. Another problem that was solved is the idea of having to go back and forth to send emails or make calls. With VanillaSoft everything can be done from the system without having to switch tabs. It even allows us to view a script to help during the calling process. This system also allows you to view a dashboard of all your callers to help see the progress of each team member.

• Organizes leads for callers.
  • Dashboards allow us to view our progress within the team.
  • The system is 'buggy'. It freezes sometimes.
  • You have to hit save several times for information to update on occasions.
VanillaSoft is well suited for the call center environment. I believe that it would be best to use if you have multiple people making calls. It would probably not work well with organizations in which there is only one caller. Also, this is more ideal for the sales/cold-call/ call center. I was unable to source from this system but entering new leads was not difficult.
Unfortunately, I am unable to really quantify the call volumes because these were measured by management. I did notice, however, that I was able to make around 5 more calls per hour which say a lot about productivity. The difference would have been 12 (on Salesforce) to 17 (on VanillaSoft) calls per hour. This allows for more opportunities to reach potential prospects.
Read Emilia Ramirez's full review
Deborah Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

VanillaSoft is an excellent tool for appointment setting

VanillaSoft is an excellent system to manage your
prospects for appointment setting. It is very easy to use and I like
the ability to see the time and date of prior calls and the notes of the
conversation. New contacts and phone
numbers can be added easily. It’s a
great time-saving tool to use for appointment setting. If an issue arises, the help support staff
resolves it quickly and is very courteous. The whole team uses VanillaSoft.

• Recordings of calls for easy access.
  • The ability to type lengthy notes and review them before a call.
  • Would like to see it move a bit quicker after resulting a call.
Vanilla Soft is great for appointment setting, and phone calls, and has everything I could need.
My outbound call volume has increased and typically stays the same with the ease of VanillaSoft's click to dial.
Read Deborah Walker's full review
Alex Tucker | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Pursue new business with intelligence

We use Vanilla Soft for sales. We have a group calling opt-in data contacts via Bria softphone VOIP that is integrated into Vanilla Soft. It keeps track of results and notations. The result codes change the next action needed or taken within each contact. We can pull reports and quickly identify issues and successes.
  • Good format, easy to learn, and use/user-friendly.
  • The reporting tools are extensive and easy to create.
  • I would like to see the timezone as a report filter field.
  • Integration with AdobeSign like it already does with DocuSign.
VanillaSoft is well suited for needs to identify different stages of client interaction and where they are in the process. You can set contacts to different teams that hold team-specific result codes, calling patterns, etc. Instead of having one big pool of contacts you can break it up into segments based on where the contact is in the process.
Outbound calls have been maximized and proven efficient by setting the parameters of call attempts, and how often it gets called based on the stage the contact is on. The call queue is visible in a list format so you can see what is coming, contacts are automatically routed to calling agents based on the queue they are in.
Read Alex Tucker's full review
David Downer | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Great for early sales development

We utilize the VanillaSoft platform for multiple clients. To generate MQLs & SQLs to our client's sales team. Integrating with our Client's CRMs such as Hubspot and Salesforce, allows us to be transparent with our clients and give them much needed and desired business intelligence they would not get elsewhere. The ability to coordinate Marketing Campaigns with our clients improves the success of each campaign and provides our clients with the bridging of the gap between sales and marketing.
  • The routing capabilities make VanillaSoft stand out from other platforms as you have the ability to customize how a lead/contact is progressed through your funnel.
  • Integrated VoiP with voicemail drop improves the efficiency and quality of the calls being made and helps your agent keep up their energy level and professionalism.
  • The disconnect on Call Recordings being appended to the record if they do not result within a specific time-frame is a bit of a challenge, as sometimes it takes the agent more time to complete their notes and fill/edit important information.
  • Salesforce Integration limitations, but this should be resolved in early 2020 with a new API integration roll out.
In our opinion, VanillaSoft is best used for that heavy lifting of the sales cycle, making those initial prospecting calls to qualify and move a cold unknown lead/contact through the qualification process and getting them in front of a sales professional. It is well suited for filling the gap in the middle of the sales funnel, and connecting marketing efforts with sales development to get quantifiable results that most teams fail to get due to a disconnect between marketing and sales. It is less cumbersome then using Salesforce for this part of the funnel.
It has allowed us to increase the productivity of our sales development reps by 150%.
Read David Downer's full review

About VanillaSoft

VanillaSoft is a solution for managing inside sales and lead management processes. The vendor says typical CRM software requires manual intervention and decision making by salespeople before they ever pick up the phone or send an email. In comparison, the vendor says VanillaSoft facilitates faster, more productive sales conversations.

The vendor’s value proposition is that data-driven workflows and automated functionality let salespeople focus on selling -- not operating software. According to the vendor, efficiency-boosting features include:

• progressive auto dialing
  • real-time, next-best-lead routing
  • logical branch scripting
  • voice mail drop
  • email - templates, nurturing, blast
  • lead scoring
  • inbound web lead capture
  • live monitor & eavesdrop
  • call recording

Additionally, the vendor says that with VanillaSoft, typical clients see a 94% increase in productivity and that customers also report an overall improvement in follow-up attempts and response times to leads. A free trial is available.

VanillaSoft Features

VanillaSoft Competitors

Outreach, SalesLoft, InsideSales

VanillaSoft Pricing

VanillaSoft Pro$80user

VanillaSoft offers several add-ons to use in conjunction with our base platforms including: Auto Dialing Call Recording VoIP SmartCaller ID SMS

VanillaSoft Customer Size Distribution