Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Reviews

February 23, 2021
Michael Kubelka | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

No matter what the issue has bee or how low of a priority a support issue is Veeam Support has quickly and respectfully answered all questions and would not go away until I assured them that the issue was resolved. That kind of diligence is appreciated in the busy world we live in. The security in knowing support is there for me is a major plus for any program.
Read Michael Kubelka's full review
December 31, 2020
Kenny McGarrity | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Generally Veeam's support is excellent. I haven't had any issues with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, so I can't really rate them on their technical support. When I called them for a dumb question, they were able to answer quickly without a lot of hoopla.
Read Kenny McGarrity's full review
December 20, 2020
Joe Stern | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

They have been helpful when I needed them. It can take a few days for low-priority cases to get resolved. I appreciated the on-shore support by people who actually solve problems instead of following scripts.
Read Joe Stern's full review
December 22, 2020

Support Rating

Great, knowledgeable, friendly, but there's always room for improvement
December 20, 2020

Support Rating

Very rarely have we even needed support. This is why I only rated a 9, I honestly haven't had to contact support more than once or twice in the entire time I've used the product. In both those instances, they were extremely prompt and professional in helping me solve our issues.
December 22, 2020

Support Rating

The couple of times I had to contact support for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, I was provided with a solution/instructions to get me sorted out very efficiently. Instructions have always been very clear and tech support is clearly very knowledgeable about the product.
October 30, 2020

Support Rating

We have encountered a few major issues when integrating with Azure platform and we were consulting those with Veeam Software support team. We were generally glad to get quick and professional help, which enabled us to finalize the integration really fast. Their ticketing system seems to work efficiently, without unnecessary delays. It is also worth to mention, that the Veeam Knowledge Base helps to solve different kinds of issues with a minimal effort needed.
May 29, 2020
Adam Vogini | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Overall, Veeam support is excellent. The only reason I would not give it a 10 right now is it seems they have brought on several newer support engineers, and they do not have the people skills that I normally expect from Veeam support. Though I am sure this can be learned.
Read Adam Vogini's full review
March 16, 2020
Anthony Petzold | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Every time I have contacted Veeam for support they have been very attentive and easy to work with. They understand that Backup and Recovery is an important part of any organizations makeup and treat it as such. They are quick to respond and help resolve the issues as quickly as possible.
Read Anthony Petzold's full review
June 15, 2020

Support Rating

Veeam has been a great partner so far. When the coronavirus pandemic hit, one of the first calls I received was from our Veeam agent who checked in on me and the organization to see if we were okay and if we needed any assistance with our Veeam environment. It was a very nice gesture that was unexpected.
June 08, 2020

Support Rating

Very few interactions with support, which is good in and of itself. When we have they have been great to get a resolution.
June 01, 2020

Support Rating

We have not had much contact with support for this software, but any time in the past that we have needed support from Veeam, it has been quick and efficient.
May 26, 2020

Support Rating

As of yet, I have not had to use support for this product. It works well and is intuitive out of the box.

Updating the product can sometimes be a bit of a chore, as the server and the data explorer versions must be equal (or with a newer data explorer except across major versions) and the automatic update utility has in the past not updated both components.
April 21, 2020

Support Rating

Veeam provides a "best-effort" support response for the free tier which we are currently on. Their support is fairly decent and was able to help get us set up pretty quickly. I do not have experience with their SLA'ed support though, so I can't speak to that.
April 06, 2020

Support Rating

Very quick to respond to any issues and there is a huge user group that often shares experiences and issues so it's quick to solve problems.

What is Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365?

Veeam® Backup for Microsoft Office 365 aims to eliminate the risk of losing access and control over Office 365 data including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams – so that data is always protected and accessible. Veeam gives the user secure backup of Office 365 to any location, including on premises, a hyperscale cloud, or a service provider and:

• Protects Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
  • Quickly restores individual Office 365 email, files and sites with industry-leading recovery flexibility
  • Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Office 365 items
New in version 5 - Purpose-built backup and recovery for Microsoft Teams, to make it easier to find and restore Teams data, including entire teams, specific channels and settings. Version 5 also includes architectural enhancements that the vendor states deliver 5x the scale increase to support larger enterprises and up to 2x faster Office 365 data movement to object storage.

The vendor offers a 30-day trial and a short demo series on Office 365 backup.

Useful resources:

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Screenshots

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Video

Watch this short demo video to learn how to backup and recover Office 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business data with Veeam

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Downloadables

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Integrations

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Competitors

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Pricing

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Veeam sells through channel partners. Contact your partner for detailed pricing and quotes. If you do not have a partner, you can find a reseller or contact sales for assistance.

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Customer Size Distribution