Veeam Backup & Replication Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

March 12, 2021
Richard Michel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As some of my customers use Veeam Backup & Replication, I wanted to test myself. So I decided to give the community edition a try to backup both of my clients (notebook and PC). As I am the only staff, this is all that has to be done. I like the fact that it is a "set it and forget it" software and does not need any attention.
Read Richard Michel's full review
March 03, 2021
Robert Roetger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used for saving the data from the whole family and our company. We make backups from our onedrive accounts, as well as from the local NAS. We put the backups to a DLT-tapedrive and to a second NAS. Up to now there were no problems. It took a while configuring it the first time, but now it will replace the former backup solution from another company.
Read Robert Roetger's full review
February 24, 2021
Scott Pearce | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Veeam to backup all network files and servers to a local storage device. Then, we use Veeam Backup Copy to send images to a cloud based Data Center for offsite storage. This provides multiple levels of protection for our data.
Read Scott Pearce's full review
Lauri Viitanen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Veeam is used in the entire organization to protect our data and to ensure business continuity and resiliency. We use Veeam to back up our on-premise infrastructure and have been a happy user for several years. Veeam Backup & Replication has proven to be a reliable tool for backups, replication as well as recoveries.
Read Lauri Viitanen's full review
Robert Crooks | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In 30 years at in my position, I have used various iterations of all the big names in backup software, with varying levels of success.
Over the past decade as workloads have become more and more virtualized, none of the packages i used were specifically designed for virtual environments and I found that issue to create a big hole in my DR preparedness.
Some of the other divisions in my organization were using the Veeam [Backup & Replication] solution and our corporate office decided that we should all standardize on this platform.
My virtualization is centered around Hyper-V clusters, so I decided to license Veeam [Backup & Replication] around the sockets that I use. This proved to be the right solution as I have 200+ guests hosted on 4 servers and I am not limited by the number of guests.
I now have 100% protection of database, line-of-business applications and factory floor loads.
Because of Veeam technology, my backup window has shrunk from 12 hours to 3-4 a day, even with an air-gap backups to a tape library.
In the past weeks I am also using SOBR to the cloud for additional reassurance that I can restore from an encryption event.
Veeam [Backup & Replication] has given me confidence to consistently backup and restore any loads or data to keep my business running.
Read Robert Crooks's full review
February 01, 2021
Michael Craven | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use [Veeam Backup & Replication] to backup our Server and 10+ workstations. I have also deployed it among numerous client's networks to backup their Server's and Workstations.
It has been a major help since Windows Server Essentials 2019 and later have removed their Built-in Workstation/Client Backup System.
We have also used it multiple times to perform Bare-Metal Restores of systems that have had their hard drive physically fail. Veeam Software literally made the process effortless!
Read Michael Craven's full review
May 01, 2021
Johan Broersma | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Veeam Backup & Replication across our organization in Canada. We have also been made aware that Veeam Backup & Replication is being used across other organizations within the Liebherr group.

Veeam Backup & Replication allows us to back up all our branch infrastructure and replicate these to a central location in order to archive all data in one location.
Read Johan Broersma's full review
April 29, 2021
Bobby Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It can be expressed that the application is a good tool for creating backups through cloud backups. There are some shortcomings in terms of updates or minimal errors in synchronization processes. However, it is excellent for securing important information with simple to understand procedures
Read Bobby Taylor's full review
December 22, 2020
Ethan Bough | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Veeam Backup & Replication is being used for full and incremental backups for all infrastructure servers. It also replicates current backups to AWS weekly. It provides most of my clients with a backup and recover solution that not only provides local solutions but methods to get our backups secured offsite.
Read Ethan Bough's full review
December 19, 2020
Jeremy Lyzenga | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Veeam B&R is being used to back up all virtual machines across all global offices and replicate the data offsite. It's also being used to back up physical workloads. Combined with HPE Storeonce appliances we achieve high levels of deduplication and can have lengthy retention policies without the needs of lots of disk. It's simple to set up and maintain and has all the granular recovery features that we need.
Read Jeremy Lyzenga's full review
March 19, 2021
Eric Girard | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

First, I'd like to mention that I'm reviewing the Community edition which I personally use at home. We are using the enterprise edition at work.

I use Veeam community edition at home to protect my small infrastructure consisting of a few servers and VMs. I needed a solution that would allow me to backup all 'mission-critical' VMs / OSes and data locally and replicate the backups to a physically distant server (on-site) for disaster recovery (ok, I am bit paranoid about losing data). Since my ISP is limited, I couldn't leverage the cloud to replicate.
Read Eric Girard's full review
March 12, 2021
Carlos Meilicke | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

At JFCourier, we use Veeam Backup & Replication to maintain the backup of four Critical Virtual Machines on a local cloud provider. Initially, we made our backups to a local NAS and in the last three months we decide to move it to the cloud and it was the [right] choice.
Read Carlos Meilicke's full review
February 27, 2021
Mark Ingrum | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our company, HarvestHill Bev Co., is made up of several smaller companies. We use Veeam to backup an environment we are not staffed in. The software enables us to run backups without worry they will complete. We are backing up 12TB. Wished we used Veeam for the rest of the company. Give me some time, I will work on it.
Read Mark Ingrum's full review
February 24, 2021
Chad Culbreth | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Veeam to backup our company servers and virtual infrastructure. Veeam has allowed us to have a backup solution that works all of the time without error. It has not failed since we implemented it. Also, setup was a breeze!
Read Chad Culbreth's full review
February 08, 2021
Miguel Letona | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition for testing purposes. We have VMware and Hyper-V servers and create tasks for backing up virtual machines hosted on those servers. We are doing this for 5 VMs and monitor the time it takes to backup, then we restore them and check them to see if the software works as expected; and it does.
Read Miguel Letona's full review
February 06, 2021
Akito Inakazu | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Veeam B&R is being used across our organization in two datacentres. It was primarily brought in to modernize our older backup system (NetBackup) and to reduce our backup windows.
Read Akito Inakazu's full review
Shayne Blakemore | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Veeam Backup & Replication is being used to backup our VMWARE ESXi virtual infrastructure, We backup Virtual machines to a local datastore (different Rack) and between 2 of our 3 sites. Currently it is only being used for this purpose, we will look to use replication functionality when we have increased infrastructure capacity at our newer sites.
Read Shayne Blakemore's full review
February 01, 2021
Jeff Mack | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Veeam to backup our complete virtual environment across four datacenters. We are also replicating the backup between datacenters. This addresses our backup requires with offsite storage.
Read Jeff Mack's full review
January 28, 2021
Matt McLeary | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Use Veeam [Backup & Replication] to backup 2 sites worth of VMs and replicate to DR site which is off site.

Currently all backups are done using Veeam [Backup & Replication] along with all restores.
Read Matt McLeary's full review
January 21, 2021
Jim Crear | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We utilize Veeam Backup & Replication for all of our customer-focused applications in multiple locations, including two colocations in diverse locations. It has successfully allowed us to build backup and recovery redundancy in order to ensure our apps continue to run and process customer data with appropriate security.
Read Jim Crear's full review
January 08, 2021
Bob Field | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Veeam Backup & Replication to backup our VMWare server environment of over 175 servers for our whole organization. We migrated to Veeam from IBM Tivoli and Veeam is hands down much easier to use. Tivoli required professional help from outside the organization and was very complicated. Veeam is very easy to install, configure and begin backups with minimal knowledge of the product.
Read Bob Field's full review
December 30, 2020
Kevin Simmons | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it over the entire company. It is our backup and replication solution. We backup locally and send that to a secondary site. We also replicate VM images to our Recovery cluster. Testing of this has always gone very well and other than some DNS work is flawless. Great product that takes care of what you need for backup and recovery in a disaster.
Read Kevin Simmons's full review
December 22, 2020
Zach Olsen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Veeam to backup data and also replicate the backups as a copy to our data center and vice versa for disaster recovery. Instant VM recovery and also file explorer based recovery to meet our SLA goal of recovery in minutes or at least less than 24 hours.Backup of Hyper-V VM's and physical backup of some desktops with endpoint backup.
Read Zach Olsen's full review

Universal recovery (142)
Live recovery (151)
Recovery verification (154)
Business application protection (140)
Multiple backup destinations (165)
Incremental backup identification (171)
Backup to the cloud (106)
Deduplication and file compression (159)
Snapshots (148)
Flexible deployment (137)
Management dashboard (23)
Platform support (141)
Retention options (143)
Encryption (122)

What is Veeam Backup & Replication?

Veeam’s® premier product, Veeam Backup & Replication™, delivers trusted availability for all of your cloud, virtual, Kubernetes and physical workloads. Through a simple-by-design management console, you quickly achieve fast, flexible, reliable Backup, archival, recovery and replication.

Backup capabilities
  • Continuous Data Protection
  • Fast, reliable application-aware, image-based backups
  • Unlimited capacity and cost savings for long-term data retention on object storage with new Veeam Cloud Tier
  • Enterprise application support for Veeam Plug-ins for SAP HANA and Oracle RMAN
Replication capabilities
  • Instant recovery for NAS, Microsoft SQL and Oracle
  • Recover individual files easily with Instant VM and File-level Recovery
  • Easy portability and recovery to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack with NEW Veeam Cloud Mobility

Recovery capabilities
  • Recover individual files easily with Instant VM and File-level Recovery
  • Fast, item-level and application recovery for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, and SQL Server and Oracle

Veeam Backup & Replication Features

Data Center Backup Features

Has featureUniversal recovery
Has featureLive recovery
Has featureRecovery verification
Has featureBusiness application protection
Has featureMultiple backup destinations
Has featureIncremental backup identification
Has featureBackup to the cloud
Has featureDeduplication and file compression
Has featureSnapshots
Has featureFlexible deployment
Has featurePlatform support
Has featureRetention options
Has featureEncryption

Veeam Backup & Replication Screenshots

Veeam Backup & Replication Video

Join Veeam SE for an in-depth technical deep dive into the architecture and engineering of Veeam Backup & Replication. Learn how to protect your virtual workloads with Veeam Availability Suite by diving into the deployment and technical details of components that allow Veeam Backup & Replication to meet recovery service level objectives of less than 15 minutes for ALL applications and data. Find answers to burning questions around how it works.

Veeam Backup & Replication Downloadables

Veeam Backup & Replication Integrations

Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA, NetApp FAS series, Pure Storage FlashArray, Cisco HyperFlex, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle, NetApp FlexArray (V-Series), NetApp Data ONTAP Edg, IBM N-series, HPE 3PAR, HPE StoreVirtual, Nimble Storage AFA, Nimble Storage CSS, Dell EMC

Veeam Backup & Replication Competitors

Acronis Cyber Backup, Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery, Veritas Backup Exec and NetBackup, Rubrik Cloud Data Management, Cohesity DataProtect, Dell EMC

Veeam Backup & Replication Pricing

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Backup Essentials$400per year
Backup & ReplicationContact sales team
Availability SuiteContact sales team

Veeam sells through channel partners. Contact a partner for detailed pricing and quotes. Resellers or sales personnel are available for assistance.

Veeam Backup & Replication Customer Size Distribution