Makes Job Simpler!

January 23, 2020
We are using this program as a video conference system. Being a remote employee this has become an absolute need for me to log in and …

Vidyo Review

April 05, 2018
In my company (a telecom company) we use Vidyo every day. We have offices in Chile, Peru, and Colombia. It helps us reduce travel costs. …

vidyo partner

April 28, 2017
Vidyo is an integral part of our company. We resell Vidyo to corporations. What sets Vidyo aside from the competition is its encoding and …

• High quality video (10)
  • High quality audio (10)
  • Meeting initiation (10)
  • Desktop sharing (10)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Vidyo, and make your voice heard!

What is Vidyo?

From Enghouse Systems, Vidyo is a web conferencing platform that features video calling and instant chat capabilities. The platform integrates with most environments, networks, and devices.

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

What is Microsoft Teams?

Microsoft Teams combines video conferencing software with team collaboration tools. The communications platform allows MS Office users to conduct conference calls and share files via SharePoint, and join or initiate a group chat.

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software

Screen Sharing

Online Meetings / Events

Online Events Collaboration

6.5

Online Events Security

What is Vidyo?

Vidyo allows you to embed real-time video into digital communications. According to the vendor, millions of people around the world connect visually every day through Vidyo’s secure, scalable technology and cloud-based services. The platform integrates with virtually any application environment, network, and device, and aims to deliver the highest quality experiences that strengthen teams, build trust, solidify relationships and improve quality of life for everyone.

Vidyo Competitors

• Zoom
  • Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

Vidyo Technical Details

Zoom are common alternatives for Vidyo.

Reviewers rate Mobile support highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of Vidyo are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Telecommunications industry.

Vidyo works seamlessly for any size organization. It's easy to use and has support on all platforms. Video conferencing is smooth and the sound is clear. It's best suited for teams split across different locations. Since work from home is becoming a norm, video helps connect everyone together no matter where they are located.
Vidyo is very well suited for large meetings, where you cannot instruct participants to install software clients, but needs everyone to be able to connect through the browser. As such, it works best for large keynote-style talks, and is less suited for smaller meetings where only a few people will be speaking, but at the same time. Similarly it is less well suited for teaching.
January 23, 2020

Makes Job Simpler!

Specific scenarios where it is well suited would be for teleconferencing and general office spaces. I log into my Vidyo office each morning so I can manage/coordinate the office as well as talk with team members and answer their questions throughout the day.
John Pavarini | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've had HR professionals ask about using it for interviews. Gone are the days where we have to spend hundreds of dollars to fly candidates in or limit ourselves to phone interviews. Vidyo with it's high reliability has saved the organization thousands in travel costs with candidate recruitment. Business meetings that can often be troubling to get leaders and executive all in one room, Vidyo has functioned extraordinarily well in bringing in people from home, on the road, or the airport. Mobile capabilities are easy and fast.

Quick daily calls and chats in the office are probably best suited for the free options out there as Vidyo is not a free service like others. Better yet general phone calls will suffice.
Zee Gimon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Once you're in the "room" you're supposed to be in, everything works great and I really enjoy Vidyo. But the signing in process might kill all the upcoming joy because it just feels very... tricky, to say the least. As I have mentioned in the drawbacks, Google Chrome didn't work for me at all, so I was forced to switch to Safari (when I was on my home computer) and I think I have used Mozilla Firefox when I was on my work computer. But still, considering I always use Chrome for everything, this was frustrating (especially when you don't have time to fiddle with these things).
April 05, 2018

Vidyo Review

Francisco Moraga | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It is suited in the healthcare industry and it has some case studies.
  • It also helps teleworkers across our country, to be in touch with customers in remote areas.
  • It also has been a great help to remotely assist our support team.
  • And it has the API released to make some basic customization for our costumers.
April 28, 2017

vidyo partner

if you want privacy and your own internal infrastructure. vidyo can be deployed locally without the use of cloud services.