September 21, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Read John Pavarini's full review
Pros and Cons
- Ease of giving access to outside users via direct email link. Send out a public or private (permanent or temporary) link that provides access to the room to anyone They simply click the link to first download the desktop or mobile version based on device. Then they use that very same link to immediately join the room.
- No hassle of setting up and verifying accounts as you do with others. Almost no technical problems of having to allow the application to access microphone or camera - common issue with Skype in my experience.
- Most importantly, it's secure as you want it to be. No worries about information sharing, leaking, and Vidyo give great ability to share your screen, take control, and display documents.
- More updates. Unless these are being implemented under the radar I don't personally see much communication around bug or network fixes.
- As with most telehealth technology it's improving rapidly, but still not perfect. Speaking on medical provider’s behalf they still don't love some of the tools and how they feed through Vidyo - sound quality, consistency of tools, etc.
- Only real trouble I've seen is when people attempt to call into it like a conference line. Should be utilized for video conferencing only, but improvement could be made for a fully functioning conferencing tool.