Wayk Bastion Reviews

September 11, 2020
Ben Liebowitz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm using Wayk Now to connect to my work PC from home. I also use it to connect to my home PC from the office. I connect to my work PC to fix issues after hours. I also connect to my home PC to test things in my home lab. I'm able to connect from my laptop, my tablet, or my phone!
Read Ben Liebowitz's full review
September 14, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm currently using Wayk Now in my business mainly for remote assist sessions with clients that call the helpdesk and need remote support via a remote session. It allows quick access to the client's machine after running them through where to download it and then to run it and read out the ID code so I can connect to their Wayk Now from mine.
May 03, 2019
Chris Reddy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a seasoned user of Devolutions' product Remote Desktop Manager which is excellent but also needed a lightweight and efficient tool to connect with locations around the world. Wayk Now has a very small footprint (under 5 MB), and installs very fast and allows for just a single click to connect to a remote station. It also integrates directly with Remote Desktop Manager so you can save your frequently used connections. It's a huge time saver and is very reliable.
Read Chris Reddy's full review
April 11, 2019
Thomas Higgins | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using Wayk Now to do shared desktop support when working on our servers with another user at the local site. It allows me to see what the other user is doing so I can help correct the situation that the user is unable to— be it due to access permissions, user knowledge, or other constraints.
Read Thomas Higgins's full review
April 30, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wayk Now is used by the IT department for supporting users remotely and for accessing our own systems while on on-site repairs. It makes resources available that are remote by allowing us to access our computers like they are with us even though they may be on the other side of the campus.
April 08, 2019
Logan Poe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it to access a few systems in our environment. I do not use it too much since we have to have people on the other computer giving us the access. Only IT uses this application in our environment because the other employees do not need the remote access that we do.
Read Logan Poe's full review
April 11, 2019
Ron van Elteren | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I started out using Devolution's Remote Desktop Manager, which I like a lot! It made my professional life so much easier. But where RDM has its shortcomings (at least for what I use it for), we can overcome it by using Wayk Now. It is absolutely a great product! So easy to connect to our customers with a single click. Especially the integration with RDM, which holds even more remote sessions to our customers, it quickly became crucial in our organization. I can honestly recommend Wayk Now to everyone struggling connecting to computers or servers over the internet.
Read Ron van Elteren's full review
August 10, 2018
Tommy Boucher | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The primary software used by my department to remote control computers of employees for support purpose doesn't not support Linux. We had to find an alternative. Wayk works very nice, but we mainly use it for Linux since it is still in a very early stage. We heard that many features are coming, and we can expect to replace our solution by Wayk in the future.
Read Tommy Boucher's full review
May 18, 2018
Chris Thibeau | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Wayk Now in place of TeamViewer for remote support of family and friends' computers. The installer is fast and simple, and the interface is easy to navigate and explain to those less tech savvy over the phone.
Read Chris Thibeau's full review
May 23, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We began to deploy Wayk, by using the free version to support our users. Currently, it's being used by our IT team. The problem is the price, first, and second, an amazingly simple to use the tool. We may connect with every user, partners and recommend to install it quickly. And, help the user. No matter where the user is.

Screen sharing (10)
File transfer (9)
Instant message (4)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (4)
6.1
Over-the-Internet remote session (10)
Initiate remote control from mobile (8)
Centralized management dashboard (5)
Multi-platform remote control (8)

What is Wayk Bastion?

Wayk Bastion is a self-hosted remote access management server for machines running Wayk Agent. All remote desktop connections made by technicians using Wayk Client are authorized and monitored with corresponding session audit trails. Allowing remote access is one thing, but keep track of who accessed what, when and for how long is just as important for security.

Zero Trust Security Freedom

Devolutions Gateway relay servers configured with Wayk Bastion ensure independence from third-party cloud services while providing greater control on data traffic. Both Wayk Agent and Wayk Client use outbound connectivity to Wayk Bastion, such that no VPN or inbound traffic firewall exception is required. The Wayk Bastion zero trust approach to security simplifies remote access because the network location no longer matters.

Wayk Bastion Features

Remote Administration Features

Has featureScreen sharing
Has featureFile transfer
Has featureAccess to sleeping/powered-off computers
Has featureOver-the-Internet remote session
Has featureInitiate remote control from mobile
Has featureRemote management of servers & workstations
Has featureCentralized management dashboard
Has featureMulti-platform remote control

Wayk Bastion Screenshots

Wayk Bastion Video

Devolutions Wayk Now - Instant Remote Desktop & Access Tool for Individuals & Businesses

Wayk Bastion Competitors