Weebly Reviews

March 09, 2020
Kristin Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have used Weebly to create and manage our website since we started our company in 2006. We manage our website in-house and Weebly has made that possible - and in turn, saved us A LOT of money over the years. Only our marketing and branding staff access the website for design changes, but other staff have access to the site for blog posting. Over the years we have seen many developments with Weebly and have been very happy with their product.
Read Kristin Cole's full review
February 17, 2020
Mandy Henriksen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly is a fantastic website builder that can be utilized for both business and personal affiliations. In my particular case, I use the program for both. I have a website I created through Weebly to advertise the private music lessons I teach. In addition, I use the program to introduce technology-based projects to my students within the classroom, as the program allows for student accounts underneath the original owner.
Read Mandy Henriksen's full review
November 13, 2019
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have Weebly to host our site, and we're experimenting with their eCommerce site functions. We are not currently using it across our entire organization but are toying with the idea of implementing more services they offer. It addresses the need to host a website, have an easy way to manage it, and allow you to add functions and features without the need of a programmer/coding knowledge.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
September 17, 2019
Jill Nimmer-Beres | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Weebly to publish our conservation organization's website, which provides club information such as recent or upcoming activities and event results to our current and potential members. Select board members publish and/or edit dynamic content as needed. We are in the process of adding a sister site specifically for our non-profit organization. I love that we are able to add this additional site for free under our current Pro plan.
Read Jill Nimmer-Beres's full review
June 04, 2019
dishant sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Weebly to create websites for our clients. We use Weebly to create customizable and beautiful websites for our clients. The development and the programming department are using Weebly in our organization. Weebly is very beneficial to develop websites in no time without even writing even a single line of code. Weebly had made the process of creating sites a lot easier.
Read dishant sharma's full review
January 01, 2019
Erin Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Weebly for two local small businesses. They need a website that is capable of handling their needs and that they can manage and update themselves. Weebly allows for those who are not technical to easily and quickly create and manage websites.

SEO is easy to implement and data can be read on the SEO tools for proper reporting of website activities.
Read Erin Harris's full review
August 24, 2018
Robbin Block | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Weebly for my business website. It's one of the easiest to use drag and drop website builders, while still having extensive features. I also use it to create and build many of my clients' websites which I can then pass to them to manage, because of its ease of use. Front end features include adding sections, which is a more recent design development on many sites. Images can also be set to parallax, where sections scroll over an image. Weebly also makes it fairly straightforward to do some of the more backend functions of a website, such as onsite SEO (search engine optimization), connecting to an external domain name, adding a fav icon, setting 301 redirects, etc.
Read Robbin Block's full review
November 01, 2018
Eric Weiss | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly is a web design tool that assists in building a custom website without having to have mass amounts of experience in HTML/CSS, Java, or other languages. This is a great tool to use for those that wear multiple hats and need something basic that caters towards their specific needs. Since my client is a small business owner, she's the only one who uses it from a backend standpoint.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
June 22, 2018
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly makes it easy for my team to manage all of our websites in-house instead of having to contact any other agency or vendor to make changes. It's also nice to have all of our sites in one place, so we can easily make updates multiple quickly without a whole lot of thought.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
September 27, 2018
heather figi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My company is small (2) and we both share in the use of Weebly. The reason we first chose this product and have continued to use for the past 4 years is that Weebly is so easy for a novice to use. Everything is drag and drop and, in having a choice of things to choose from the visual drag and drop menu it also give us ideas of how to create and edit our site.
Read heather figi's full review
September 07, 2018
Pankaj Jain | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

You don't need to have much knowledge about programming as Weebly provides you automated templates. You can just select, drag and drop and design your website as per your choice. In this way it helps me to design a website for my company and its customers.
Read Pankaj Jain's full review
May 30, 2018
Albina Walczak | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly has been used for over 1 year by our organization as a main website builder tool. All functions and tools are working properly, and we did not experience any mistake or errors on any of the features they provided. The best thing is drag and drop. It really changes the whole thing with simplicity and efficiency. And our customers have pretty nice thoughts about our website!
Read Albina Walczak's full review
September 10, 2018
Sahil Verma | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Actually I use weebly basically for blogging, and I think it's the finest software to do that. Because its user interface is so simple and there are tons of themes through which we can create, our blog looks beautiful.
Read Sahil Verma's full review
Heather Pellegrini | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We decided to create a website for our youth programs that was separate from our main website, Weebly fit what we needed exactly! We are able to have multiple users with different levels of web design knowledge access and update the site from anywhere. We can even restrict which pages each editor can access.
Read Heather Pellegrini's full review
July 17, 2018
Jennifer Lamas | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This application was used specifically in a department of the company that since it was possible to create a web page for the offices of several states at a national level, to be used by those offices that did not have a page, it was very easy to create since you do not need to have knowledge in computer science, especially programming.
Read Jennifer Lamas's full review
June 13, 2018
Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly is used for a non-profit to sell t-shirts to consumers. We didn't have a lot of experience using online e-commerce platforms, so Weebly made it really easy to be able to make selling items possible, specifically for our needs. It wasn't used by everyone in our organization, but definitely by all need-to-access parties.
Read Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH's full review
January 30, 2018
Ramin Sultanov | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used this software to build our website of Education Course. It was a painless process with hundreds of templates to choose from and an easy drag-and-drop interface that made it easy for someone with no prior web design experience. And also I used it to create my own websites for my students and my audience.
Read Ramin Sultanov's full review
January 16, 2018
Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Weebly as a student portfolio resource. Students use Weebly to construct a website to post blogs and completed assignments as a way of documenting their learning throughout the semester. Students can also use Weebly to set up a demo reel.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
May 03, 2018
Gore Abdulov | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The free version of Weebly has lota of limitations to build and edit a website, we made our first attempts with the trial version and it helped us a lot. And after that, we decided to get the paid version to build our professional website. And we are using Weebly to create our sub blogs to share specific events with out customers.
Read Gore Abdulov's full review
Trina Boice | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have created several websites for different organizations that I work with. All of them were designed to get information out there, as well as provide an online store for various products associated with the organization. For example, one web site is for an upcoming class reunion. Another is for a club team at my son's high school. Another is for a church. Another is for my personal author web site.
Read Trina Boice's full review
Reita Silvis | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are creating a greater reach to our audience. It seems that people are getting their news and resources online more and more and the blog helps offer ideas, information, and tips on how they can be better stewards.
Read Reita Silvis's full review
December 12, 2017
Marcelo de Vasconcellos | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a professor in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, teaching music students how to create a presence online. One important aspect is creating some kind of site or hot site, which tends to be very difficult for non-technical people. I found that Weebly works really well for these students, allowing them to create sites that express themselves creatively, even when they lack the skills typically associated with web development.
Read Marcelo de Vasconcellos's full review
December 05, 2017
Austin Schmidt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly is being used to build, update, and host our website. The problem it addresses is the need for a sharp looking, easy to update website, without breaking the bank or requiring a developer. The needs and requirements for the website are fairly basic.
Read Austin Schmidt's full review
December 05, 2017
Amy Wellner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Weebly is used to cast vision for projects I'm working on, share personal thoughts or opinions, and generate ideas about projects. Currently it's used on an individual basis. It addresses a high need in this company to broadcast widely what is happening in our organization.
Read Amy Wellner's full review
February 09, 2018
Nikkii Kashub | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We switched from GoDaddy to Weebly as we needed something easier to use that also appealed to our customers. We wanted to be able to make quick changes on the fly on a weekly basis (new workouts, new recipes, new challenges).
Read Nikkii Kashub's full review

Role-based user permissions (28)
9.4
API (14)
Internationalization / multi-language (16)
9.6
WYSIWYG editor (33)
9.7
Code quality / cleanliness (37)
Admin section (37)
Page templates (41)
9.8
Library of website themes (41)
9.7
Mobile optimization / responsive design (40)
9.9
Publishing workflow (33)
Form generator (34)
Content taxonomy (24)
SEO support (32)
Bulk management (17)
Availability / breadth of extensions (31)
Community / comment management (28)

What is Weebly?

Weebly, now from Square, is a basic content management system with blogging and eCommerce features. It is inexpensive, and aims to allow all users to easily create high quality sites, regardless of technical skill.

Pricing ranges from free to $25/month. All offerings include email and chat support; Pro and Business include phone support, as well as a site search, video & audio, and password protected pages. Paid subscriptions include a domain name (free for one year), and remove the Weebly link from the website.

Weebly is available in 11 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German).

Weebly Video