Pros and Cons
- Easy to install and manage.
- While it does require a whole server with IIS and a SQL db it is low impact on resources but still quick to respond.
- Great for quick notifications about a server going above a configured resource threshold. We don't have to look at every server's resource utilization individually anymore.
- Quick and easy to setup a service up or down notification.
- Sales staff can be a bit pushy in terms of selling more product than you need. This is not unique to What's Up but it can be a bit unwelcome once you have already purchased the product.
- Updates could be a little easier but overall not too bad. Once or twice we have had to start over with a new server when upgrading to a major numbered revision.
- IIS site can be a bit slow at times. This could just be our setup but I have noticed that it can be slow to respond during high traffic times. It does always respond and work properly but the wait time to move from screen to screen could be lower.