Formerly Wonderlic Employee & Customer Surveys

Score 10.0 out of 10

What is WonScore Pre-Employment Testing?

Wonderlic headquartered in Vernon Hills, Illinois offers their WonScore Pre-Employment Testing platform to predict on-the-job success of a job candidate, before the interview takes place. WonScore is used to assess cognitive ability, personality, and motivation to determine the different interests...

What is WonScore Pre-Employment Testing?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://wonderlic.com/get-a-demo

1 person want pricing too

What is Mailchimp?

MailChimp is an SMB-oriented email platform. A free account is offered with a 500 subscriber limit and with a limit of 3000 sends. There are various pricing models above 500 subscribers.

What is Act-On?

Act-On is an adaptive marketing platform designed to drive personal and purposeful multi-channel marketing. Its foci are inbound and outbound marketing, for enabling a tighter alignment with sales and turning data into actionable insights.

What is WonScore Pre-Employment Testing?

WonScore is used to assess cognitive ability, personality, and motivation to determine the different interests and abilities that are suited to any one job description, with their AI Job Description Profile.

WonScore Pre-Employment Testing Features

WonScore Pre-Employment Testing Technical Details

Attribute Ratings

September 27, 2021

Fast, easy, effective

We looked at person "fit" for the organization using a different instrument, but it did not provide us with any information on the overall general intelligence of the individual. It was also a verification for our other tool on the personality side - in some cases providing additional information we did not have. We do not use it as a selection tool but as a way of gathering better information about a candidate pre-employment for all positions in the organization.
  • Easy to administer
  • Valid, reliable results - Backed by rigorous science
  • Great "bang for the buck" - lots of good information in one place!
  • It would be helpful to have more interpretive reports; integrate some of the scales if possible - do scores on one scale have implications for scores on another? Is there any relationship between the scales? I enjoy the anchors showing people with high/low scores may demonstrate certain characteristics; additional elaboration/narrative might be helpful.
  • Better understanding of the scales and why certain scales matter on some jobs, not others. What does it mean when a score has/does not have bearing on that particular job? Why/Why not?
  • Maybe include examples of the types of positions for which the scale scores have meaning beyond the particular job in question. This might help with succession planning and development planning.
Gave us GREAT information we wouldn't otherwise have had! This assessment is rooted in real research, holds up over time and helps get a picture of a candidate before they actually show up for work. The information in this assessment may help the employer understand what to expect in a given situation. It may also help them to understand where there may be a mismatch or disconnect for an individual in a given job. What great intel to have going into an employment relationship!
  • Saved time in the hiring process
  • Helped us to know about where there might be issues on the job.
  • Provided additional information a personality assessment did not
The WonScore is quicker than the Watson-Glaser, CPI, and some of the other psychological testing is out there. The information provided helps to give a little insight into who the person is, what they need on the job and their capabilities to intellectually grasp the intent and particulars on the position.
Very easy to use. The hardest part is selecting the position that most closely matches the company's job description - especially if the job is something of a hybrid (e.g., marketing, product management, project management may all have some common elements/carry over) making it difficult to find an exact match.
I really never had to use support - maybe only a few times in more than 5 years. Any interaction I had was positive, solutions were immediate, responses were well crafted and easy to follow. The software really is fairly intuitive. Any issues that came up were easy to resolve in a quick, easy, pleasant conversation!
My company uses WonScore Pre-Employment Testing for interviewing applications for sales associate positions. I have used several personality profiles over the last two decades. All of them give good information. None of them give information as valuable through a combination of accuracy and speed. I have used surveys that would return generous results and information but could take several days to receive. The market moves too quickly in my area to suffer these delays.
  • Speed
  • Valuable assessment targeted for my position
  • Very friendly user interface
  • A cold beer tap
  • A turkey pot pie
  • A little red wagon
  • In all seriousness, after trying in earnest, I can't think of anything
We don't use this survey for ongoing personnel development, only pre-employment. It is particularly well suited to reveal how teachable the applicant is going to be. It's less intimidating than some other products like it.
  • We have lowered testing-cost dramatically.
  • WonScore Pre-Employment Testing has lowered our cost of training of turnover.
  • It takes very little, if any, training of the administrator of the WonScore to get valuable insights.
I have used Personnel Survey & Research Group tool (PSR), DISC, and Predictive Index (PI). None of them offer the balance of accuracy, valuable insights, and speed to results. The DISC system seems to be a simulation of the Predictive Index. The PI is the closest tool I have used to the value of WonScore. However, the WonScore Pre-Employment Testing gives a MUCH more valuable set of insights.
Very friendly and intuitive user interface. it takes a lot of work to make something simple and effective. I have used many different software products over the years. Most products suffer greatly from "design by committee" and "design by non-users." WonScore Pre-Employment Testing shows no evidence of these pitfalls.
I would fight against changes to any other tool.
The only issue I have ever faced was met with great efforts, including multiple calls, to help me discern a particularly low score in one area.
We use Wonscore [Pre-Employment Testing (formerly Wonderlic Employee & Customer Surveys)] as a screening tool. Advertise the position, get tons of resumes, sort them for a first cut. Those who make the first cut then are sent an invitation to participate in the Wonscore [Pre-Employment Testing] assessment. Which we encourage them to complete within 36 hours. When we receive their scores back, we eliminate another set and then interview amongst the survivors. Wonscore [Pre-Employment Testing (formerly Wonderlic Employee & Customer Surveys)] is an integral part of our hiring process.
  • Gives us a Cognitive score. Candidates must be moderate in smarts. Nothing makes up for smarts but smarts isn't all.
  • Gives us a sense of their Motivation. Recent applicant for a graphic designer job wasn't motivate by jobs requiring "artistic expression." That raised some eyebrows.
  • And allows the candidate to describe what they like and don't like or their Personality. This is important to me as a supervisor. Allows me to consider whether I would be comfortable supervising a confrontational person, for instance.
  • The instrument has proven to be very predictive and I've used it for 5 years. For 20 years prior to that, I used the Wonderlic paper-based assessment (cognitive only).
  • Very little thoughts on improvement other than a couple of betterments to candidate entry that would make life a little easier. However, no big deal.
  • Having some ability to preset some fields would help to avoid repetitive entry.
As I described, [WonScore Pre-Employment Testing (formerly Wonderlic Employee & Customer Surveys)] is very useful in screening candidates for smarts, motivation, and personality quirks. Wouldn't interview candidate without it now.
  • Gives us a much better understanding of a candidate's future performance by understanding where they are today.
I migrated with Wonderlic from their paper system to the Wonscore [Pre-Employment Testing (formerly Wonderlic Employee & Customer Surveys)], so I didn't have to do a lot of compare/contrast with other products (not that many on the market all those many years ago).
Extremely easy to use. I maintain a candidate spreadsheet for backup and entering a new candidate takes only a minute or less. System notifies me when candidate completes assessment as well as when a candidate scores strongly. Seamlessly integrated into my existing candidate procurement method.
Very little support needed after the initial startup. Has help system built in. Can't remember last time I had an issue for which I needed support.