Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers, and a content management system, known for its simplicity and modifiability. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3s/tM/BG448UBIK1SQ.PNGWordPress is Built to ImpressWhen we take on new clients, many times they need a website overhaul. Wordpress is our go to solution for this. I've been developing in Wordpress for a number of years that it's actually more cost effective for our agency to custom build a theme than find an off-the-shelf theme. This way we can address all the custom feature requests for the client. When the website is complete, Worpdress is very user-friendly. It is easy for us to train not only our internal staff on updates, maintenance, new content and upkeep, but also to train the client how to use their brand new website. Since most of our clients have a Wordpress website, it is very simple for our internal staff to work on multiple client websites. An issue or problem solved on one website, means the same issue is so much quicker to resolve on the remaining client sites. Our internal staff can make changes, updates to forms, add new content, add new calls to action, build new landing pages -- all without hours of training. It's a great resource we can add to our client and account management. This really helps keep our client costs down!,Worpdress is very SEO-friendly. The built in permalink structure, the organization and structure of post types and pages plus the addition of the 'rhymes with toast' SEO plugin gives you a great SEO foundation. Wordpress is a constantly evolving piece of code. Wordpress does a great job of maintaining the core product. As new features are available, as new security issues become known, the WP team keeps you up to date with the latest and greatest version. The Wordpress community is strong! As a developer, this is just fantastic. If I am having trouble implementing a highly custom piece for a client, chances are someone else has already done it! And if not, I can just ask the community, review the Codex or simply Google it. I've never had to say "No, can't do that" when working in Worpdress.,Because Wordpress is so popular, it is under constant attack from bots and hackers. New security issues are found and exploited. Our client's websites are at risk of hack or attack. Wordpress is a resource hog. Worpdress sites tend to load slowly, especially if you buy one of those all-in-one themes. You really need to leverage caching and minification to ensure your Wordpress site loads quickly. There are simply too many plugins. Wordpress needs to purge all the abandoned and non-functioning plugins in the repository. I'm always fearful of a client downloading and installing a plugin that crashes the site.,9,Since Wordpress is free and open source, the ROI is always strong. We get to build a custom website for each and every one of our clients. The client is thrilled and so are we. Our clients tend to want similar pieces and moving parts on the website. I often re-use pieces from site to site which really speeds up the development process. Sometimes clients already want to use Wordpress for their next web project. And since we are very familiar with it, it makes for a smoother sale and on-boarding process.,Joomla!, Wix and Drupal,Act-On Software, Terminus, Teamwork Projects,Developer,10-100 pagesA great content management solution/website builder for most businessesOur main website is hosted on WordPress, and I've been at several other employers who also used WordPress as their primary CRM. It is used across the company, from customer support, to product development, to sales and to marketing. Marketing owns the WordPress instance and is responsible for maintaining it, ensuring it is kept up to date, etc.,It is constantly being improved, with new features added, because of the community code-sourcing aspect. Security vulnerabilities are continually being patched to keep it secure. It has the best plugin repository, by far. So, anytime you have a needed new feature for your website, there is usually a plugin that already exists to allow you to do what you're wanting.,Because it is the most-used CMS, there are a lot of hackers targeting it. As such, you need to make sure you're always updating the software and patching plugins to the latest version. Not hard to do, but something you need to be vigilant about. Plugins are hit and miss. If it is a new plugin without many existing users and reviews, it is truly hard to know if the software package is any good. Sometimes there are too many options. For example, there are a dozen or so plugins for any given functionality and so you have to sift through to find the right thing.,9,WordPress has allowed my company to quickly get into content marketing (blog posts, ebooks, case studies, etc.) without any support from the developers, as marketing owns the delivery mechanism (WordPress)! One negative aspect of our WordPress usage is that, because it is so easy-to-use and we've made it apparent we don't need developer help to support it, when we actually do need developers for a non-WordPress related project, we can't get the help! WordPress-hosted forms/landing pages bring in the majority of our leads, which end up in sales demos and eventually new revenue.,Joomla!, Drupal, Wix, Weebly and Squarespace,Marketo, Shopify, Asana,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pagesThe best Content Management System!I always wanted to have my own website and I used to think that I have to contact someone who can create a website for me but after some time, I started learning on my own about how to create a website. WordPress helped a lot when I created my first website that was a free website and I learned a lot about it. After learning many things I decided to guide others about it that's when I started freelancing. Now I can offer many services to people when it comes to WordPress.,WordPress is an open source software. Open source software provides awesome features which make it easy to use, modify and build upon. You can make your website the way you want it to be There are many Content Management Systems (CMS) available but WordPress is a popular one. It is a free and open source, the large number of developers making it popular. The thing which I like about WordPress is its simplicity and usability you don't have to be an expert to use WordPress everything is already set up you just have to install the plugin and there you go,One of the major advantages of WordPress is it is an open source software but sometimes it becomes its disadvantage since it is an open source it is always at the target of hackers especially if the codes have been written by someone else. When you install lots of plugins the website becomes laggy or stutters it takes time to complete the process.,10,There is no negative impact on my business. I would say it has helped me learn many things. Now I can create websites on my own and I can help others when it comes to creating a website.,,Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat DC,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesQuick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/siteWordPress is used to host all of our blog posts and pages on a server purely serving these pages. We use it as a combination of a CMS, editor, and designer for all of our articles and pages. It is used mostly by Engineers writing articles or founders writing updates on progress.,Super intuitive, well-designed UI. WordPress is one of the older, more developed CMS products out there, and their UI has gotten very good through the versions. Integrated SEO. This is a really helpful tool. There is no need to export blog/article info and add it to an SEO service, it's mostly done within WordPress. Full customizability. There is an extensive list of plugins, themes, etc. that can be added to WordPress sites, and the general compatibility of software with WordPress is really good.,Open-source. WordPress is all open-source, so sites can be more vulnerable generally, but this also makes the process of releasing and integrating updates into WordPress sites super transparent. Speed. There are definitely parts of the UI that are still quite slow and decrease in speed as you increase the amount of content on WordPress sites. HTML/CSS skills are necessary. While WordPress does simplify the process of developing any sort of website, there is still not enough customizability for it to be possible to edit websites without purely without using HTML/CSS. It's necessary to either improve the customizability function of WordPress or have knowledge of HTML/CSS.,9,Positive - Free to cheap themes and extensions. It is possible to self-host a WordPress site and CMS for completely free or a fairly low price. Negative - Some of the better themes/extensions cost quite a bit of money, or require a fair bit of coding experience/knowledge to implement from scratch. Positive - Self-hosting capable. For companies with personal servers or trial credits for a computing service, WordPress hosting can be completely free and can completely offset of set the costs of typical monthly hosting plans available on third-party web hosting services.,Ghost,Node, Medium, Atom,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesWordPress ReviewNot used for business, mainly personal use. Chose for the following reasons: Free/open source, easy to use, and lots of resources for support.,Extremely flexible; can suit most website needs from blogs to small business. Design, content, and functionality separated from each other. This allows for data portability (you can add content regardless of the design you are using, modify the design without changing your content, and add new features without affecting the other areas). Countless themes to choose from/ability to create from scratch.,Still responsible for securing the site. Does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder. Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is not required but makes things a lot easier; users without it may have a longer learning curve.,8,It's hard to judge the ROI as I use this mainly for personal use, but it has helped me build a fully functional website with ease.,,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pages
WordPress
1945 Ratings

WordPress Reviews

WordPress
1945 Ratings
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 60 of 1945 WordPress ratings and reviews.

Dave Moll profile photo
December 13, 2018

User Review: "WordPress is Built to Impress"

Alternatives Considered

We made an agency decision many years ago to get on the Wordpress train and stay on it. We didn't want to try and manage multiple web platforms. At the time, Wordpress wasn't the most developer-friendly choice but it was starting to inch ahead in popularity. So we selected Wordpress as our go-to web platform based on the fact we believed it would be the best ROI for years to come. I'd love to say it was the features, the support, the community, etc. But it was really all about the ROI for us. We didn't want to spend the time on a Drupal, for example, just to do one Drupal site every other year.
Read Dave Moll's full review
Ben Beck profile photo
December 09, 2018

WordPress Review: "A great content management solution/website builder for most businesses"

Alternatives Considered

The two other open source tools, Joomla! and Drupal, were at one time comparable to WordPress but have since been left behind as WP has more developers working on it. Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace are all great platforms for small companies who don't want to spend any attention on their website... but they are much more limited in extendability than WordPress is.
Read Ben Beck's full review
Danish Mirza Baig profile photo
November 23, 2018

WordPress Review: "The best Content Management System!"

Alternatives Considered

I have not used other products like WordPress. I know there are many CMS available, but WordPress is the best I don't have to use other Content Management System. It's a great platform and if anyone uses it he/she will not prefer working on other platforms.
Read Danish Mirza Baig's full review
Fedor Paretsky profile photo
January 26, 2019

WordPress Review: "Quick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/site"

• Ghost
Ghost is another CMS and Editor that I believe is a bit more blogging- and article-focused. There isn't as an extensive list of themes and extensions, but the UI is a bit more modern and faster. Regardless, WordPress provides more flexibility for creating a site that isn't designed to be a blog.
Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
Tiffany Thielepape profile photo
January 16, 2019

"WordPress Review"

Alternatives Considered

Free/open source: It is free as an in freedom and you can use it for any purpose. No one can suspend your website due to censorship or terms of service violation. You also have the freedom to customize WordPress to your needs without any restriction.
Read Tiffany Thielepape's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress - The world's most popular content management system"

Alternatives Considered

Wix and Squarespace offer low cost of entry with ongoing hosting and operating costs. They make it seem easy to create attractive websites but eventually most cases we have seen end up running into limitations with respect to extensibility and SEO opportunities.

FusionCMS is another CMS that we have worked with. In that one case, the client insisted upon it. It is used by very few organizations, compared to WordPress, and so there are far fewer affordable developers with whom we can work on it and far fewer addons available at little or no cost to extend or enhance it.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Lauren Golden profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress is the solid choice for building your online presence"

Alternatives Considered

I believe WordPress is light years more robust than drag and drop templates websites. I do use it in conjunction with ClickFunnels because of the ease of use of that platform with CRM, email marketing and ecommerce built in. The plugin makes it easy for me to utilize both with ease.
Read Lauren Golden's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
December 08, 2018

WordPress Review: "Great for Small Business"

Alternatives Considered

WordPress is much more user friendly than Drupal or Blackbaud. Drupal is very limited and you need a developer to set it up. Blackbaud gets very messy with the code. You have to know what you are doing.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "Wordpress - The only limit is your desire to learn and grow"

Alternatives Considered

WordPress and ONTRAPORT do each have their own strengths and weaknesses--what ONTRAPORT lacks in versatility, it makes up for with user-friendliness. Really the use of either comes down to your specific needs. ONTRAPORT isn't currently equipped to build a fully-functioning website structure; it's better used for making discrete sales pages and forms (which it does at least as well or better than Wordpress, certainly more easily).
Read Brock Ross's full review
Patricia Thomas profile photo
December 05, 2018

WordPress Review: "Create web pages professionally and in a short time from any device."

Alternatives Considered

We have selected WordPress for simplicity of use and installation. We have not had any major problems with its use and best of all, it is free and has a large amount of documentation and user communities around the world. We have not had expenses with the use of this platform, rather, it has increased sales and followers in social networks.
Read Patricia Thomas's full review
December 17, 2018

Review: "Wordpress is great for most website demands"

Alternatives Considered

While all these three products have special functions on their own, WordPress has the ability to expand itself to be used in place of any of them. The major advantage with WordPress is the flexibility of creating a simple, low-maintenance, low resource-consuming website as well as creating a highly customized website. Also, it has the best editing experience among all three.
December 18, 2018

Review: "Get Your Students Blogging Like a Professional With Wordpress"

Alternatives Considered

Professionally speaking, Wordpress rises above other similar applications. When working with students I usually recommend WordPress for more of a professional learning experience. Although it may take more time to learn and understand, I explain that the data and site management feature is a wealth of knowledge when publicizing your work and tracking your audience. Wordpress isn't a drag and drop editor, but can still be customized in similar ways or allow for HTML editing. For students who may be blogging (I did that a lot with students in the classroom) WordPress does the best job when writing and sharing posts. I also share my own professional education blog and how I use WordPress for that.
May 28, 2018

WordPress Review: "Best CMS platform providing a number of features without any knowledge of coding"

Alternatives Considered

There are a number of alternatives to WordPress which has same features such as Drupal, Joomla, Go Daddy website builder, Wix, Jekyll, and Ghost platform. These are all Content management systems providing varieties of features same as WordPress. Drupal is much better from all these alternatives of WordPress and becoming popular day by day.
Benjamin Hale profile photo
January 18, 2018

WordPress Review: "Come for the Price, Stay for the Community"

Alternatives Considered

We selected WordPress because of the community, flexibility, and cost. With the main reason being the community and support system that exists. This means we can find talent to make custom plugins, customize themes, and maintain the website easily and on a reasonable budget.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review
Shelle Pourmanafzadehardabili profile photo
September 20, 2017

User Review: "WordPress - the choice for most!"

Alternatives Considered

Squarespace is great to use if you do not want to do any coding and do not particularly care about SEO, but you are paying for convenience. WordPress it is likely you will need to purchase hosting and will want to invest in a theme that you can use as a base of design and development, but you own your content, so it can easily be duplicated/transferred and you do not pay a monthly fee.
Read Shelle Pourmanafzadehardabili's full review
January 16, 2018

WordPress Review: "Gotta love open-source"

Alternatives Considered

I used Joomla in a previous role. I found editting to be cumbersome because modules were managed in a different window than the main content. Whereas in wordpress, the entire page's copy is managed within the same window. It makes content edits simple & quick.
February 06, 2018

User Review: "WordPress - I'm Impressed!"

• elucid and glob
Relatively simpler development and admin sections in comparison with other CMS solutions I've used, I would overall recommend using WordPress if possible on a project. As there are so many plugins and themes available, I have found that WordPress sites are much easier and quicker to extend and/or modify when compared with ones based on other systems. The relative ease of managing the full stack of WordPress's scope also gives a better feeling of control over a site built on it, with just the usual concerns of security and performance, which you get with all sites and systems.
January 26, 2018

"WordPress Review"

Alternatives Considered

It's similar as in a WYSIWYG editor, however, it has its vast differences in the way you build and edit content and the themes/plugins you can use.
January 16, 2018

Review: "WordPress is a great content management system for marketers and bloggers"

Alternatives Considered

I personally prefer WordPress after using ExpressionEngine and Craft CMS. The ease of getting a site up and running quickly far exceeds the other two. Plus, deploying a site from my local environment to staging to production is much simpler. WordPress is also more flexible out of the box than the other two.
February 20, 2017

Review: "WordPress works for most smaller clients"

Alternatives Considered

WordPress is a bit easier to use than Joomla and Drupal, but lacks some features of these competitors. If you want to build out a truly custom site, Drupal is a strong choice, but you better have some coding experience. Whereas with WordPress, you can pretty much drop and drag a majority of your site and still end up with something nice.

Role-based user permissions (37)
API (28)
Internationalization / multi-language (23)
WYSIWYG editor (36)
Code quality / cleanliness (37)
Admin section (40)
Page templates (38)
Library of website themes (39)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (38)
Publishing workflow (39)
Form generator (35)
Content taxonomy (33)
SEO support (36)
Bulk management (28)
Availability / breadth of extensions (36)
9.2
Community / comment management (36)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.