Review: "WordPress Can Save You Thousands Of Dollars On Web Development Costs And Put You In The Driver's Seat Of Your Online Vehicle!"
- Learning how to install WordPress (very easy once you know how).
- Learning how configure WordPress settings (very easy once you know how).
- Learning how to automate WordPress for search engines and social media integration (for driving visitors automatically to your site whenever you publish new content).
- No clearly defined or communicated roadmap was ever created.
- Phases of implementation were likewise not clearly organized or discussed in advance. I inherited control after change in leadership in our company
- Developer notes were not available. Understanding functionality of things like widgets was a conversation with a developer.
- The initial transfer of data was a little complicated due to differences in the database structure between WordPress and the old system.
- Getting all the content out from old the old content management system can be cumbersome
WordPress Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.
Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity
and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.
WordPress Technical Details