Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers, and a content management system, known for its simplicity and modifiability. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3s/tM/BG448UBIK1SQ.PNGWordPress is Built to ImpressWhen we take on new clients, many times they need a website overhaul. Wordpress is our go to solution for this. I've been developing in Wordpress for a number of years that it's actually more cost effective for our agency to custom build a theme than find an off-the-shelf theme. This way we can address all the custom feature requests for the client. When the website is complete, Worpdress is very user-friendly. It is easy for us to train not only our internal staff on updates, maintenance, new content and upkeep, but also to train the client how to use their brand new website. Since most of our clients have a Wordpress website, it is very simple for our internal staff to work on multiple client websites. An issue or problem solved on one website, means the same issue is so much quicker to resolve on the remaining client sites. Our internal staff can make changes, updates to forms, add new content, add new calls to action, build new landing pages -- all without hours of training. It's a great resource we can add to our client and account management. This really helps keep our client costs down!,Worpdress is very SEO-friendly. The built in permalink structure, the organization and structure of post types and pages plus the addition of the 'rhymes with toast' SEO plugin gives you a great SEO foundation. Wordpress is a constantly evolving piece of code. Wordpress does a great job of maintaining the core product. As new features are available, as new security issues become known, the WP team keeps you up to date with the latest and greatest version. The Wordpress community is strong! As a developer, this is just fantastic. If I am having trouble implementing a highly custom piece for a client, chances are someone else has already done it! And if not, I can just ask the community, review the Codex or simply Google it. I've never had to say "No, can't do that" when working in Worpdress.,Because Wordpress is so popular, it is under constant attack from bots and hackers. New security issues are found and exploited. Our client's websites are at risk of hack or attack. Wordpress is a resource hog. Worpdress sites tend to load slowly, especially if you buy one of those all-in-one themes. You really need to leverage caching and minification to ensure your Wordpress site loads quickly. There are simply too many plugins. Wordpress needs to purge all the abandoned and non-functioning plugins in the repository. I'm always fearful of a client downloading and installing a plugin that crashes the site.,9,Since Wordpress is free and open source, the ROI is always strong. We get to build a custom website for each and every one of our clients. The client is thrilled and so are we. Our clients tend to want similar pieces and moving parts on the website. I often re-use pieces from site to site which really speeds up the development process. Sometimes clients already want to use Wordpress for their next web project. And since we are very familiar with it, it makes for a smoother sale and on-boarding process.,Joomla!, Wix and Drupal,Act-On Software, Terminus, Teamwork Projects,Developer,10-100 pagesA great content management solution/website builder for most businessesOur main website is hosted on WordPress, and I've been at several other employers who also used WordPress as their primary CRM. It is used across the company, from customer support, to product development, to sales and to marketing. Marketing owns the WordPress instance and is responsible for maintaining it, ensuring it is kept up to date, etc.,It is constantly being improved, with new features added, because of the community code-sourcing aspect. Security vulnerabilities are continually being patched to keep it secure. It has the best plugin repository, by far. So, anytime you have a needed new feature for your website, there is usually a plugin that already exists to allow you to do what you're wanting.,Because it is the most-used CMS, there are a lot of hackers targeting it. As such, you need to make sure you're always updating the software and patching plugins to the latest version. Not hard to do, but something you need to be vigilant about. Plugins are hit and miss. If it is a new plugin without many existing users and reviews, it is truly hard to know if the software package is any good. Sometimes there are too many options. For example, there are a dozen or so plugins for any given functionality and so you have to sift through to find the right thing.,9,WordPress has allowed my company to quickly get into content marketing (blog posts, ebooks, case studies, etc.) without any support from the developers, as marketing owns the delivery mechanism (WordPress)! One negative aspect of our WordPress usage is that, because it is so easy-to-use and we've made it apparent we don't need developer help to support it, when we actually do need developers for a non-WordPress related project, we can't get the help! WordPress-hosted forms/landing pages bring in the majority of our leads, which end up in sales demos and eventually new revenue.,Joomla!, Drupal, Wix, Weebly and Squarespace,Marketo, Shopify, Asana,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pagesThe best Content Management System!I always wanted to have my own website and I used to think that I have to contact someone who can create a website for me but after some time, I started learning on my own about how to create a website. WordPress helped a lot when I created my first website that was a free website and I learned a lot about it. After learning many things I decided to guide others about it that's when I started freelancing. Now I can offer many services to people when it comes to WordPress.,WordPress is an open source software. Open source software provides awesome features which make it easy to use, modify and build upon. You can make your website the way you want it to be There are many Content Management Systems (CMS) available but WordPress is a popular one. It is a free and open source, the large number of developers making it popular. The thing which I like about WordPress is its simplicity and usability you don't have to be an expert to use WordPress everything is already set up you just have to install the plugin and there you go,One of the major advantages of WordPress is it is an open source software but sometimes it becomes its disadvantage since it is an open source it is always at the target of hackers especially if the codes have been written by someone else. When you install lots of plugins the website becomes laggy or stutters it takes time to complete the process.,10,There is no negative impact on my business. I would say it has helped me learn many things. Now I can create websites on my own and I can help others when it comes to creating a website.,,Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat DC,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesQuick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/siteWordPress is used to host all of our blog posts and pages on a server purely serving these pages. We use it as a combination of a CMS, editor, and designer for all of our articles and pages. It is used mostly by Engineers writing articles or founders writing updates on progress.,Super intuitive, well-designed UI. WordPress is one of the older, more developed CMS products out there, and their UI has gotten very good through the versions. Integrated SEO. This is a really helpful tool. There is no need to export blog/article info and add it to an SEO service, it's mostly done within WordPress. Full customizability. There is an extensive list of plugins, themes, etc. that can be added to WordPress sites, and the general compatibility of software with WordPress is really good.,Open-source. WordPress is all open-source, so sites can be more vulnerable generally, but this also makes the process of releasing and integrating updates into WordPress sites super transparent. Speed. There are definitely parts of the UI that are still quite slow and decrease in speed as you increase the amount of content on WordPress sites. HTML/CSS skills are necessary. While WordPress does simplify the process of developing any sort of website, there is still not enough customizability for it to be possible to edit websites without purely without using HTML/CSS. It's necessary to either improve the customizability function of WordPress or have knowledge of HTML/CSS.,9,Positive - Free to cheap themes and extensions. It is possible to self-host a WordPress site and CMS for completely free or a fairly low price. Negative - Some of the better themes/extensions cost quite a bit of money, or require a fair bit of coding experience/knowledge to implement from scratch. Positive - Self-hosting capable. For companies with personal servers or trial credits for a computing service, WordPress hosting can be completely free and can completely offset of set the costs of typical monthly hosting plans available on third-party web hosting services.,Ghost,Node, Medium, Atom,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesWordPress ReviewNot used for business, mainly personal use. Chose for the following reasons: Free/open source, easy to use, and lots of resources for support.,Extremely flexible; can suit most website needs from blogs to small business. Design, content, and functionality separated from each other. This allows for data portability (you can add content regardless of the design you are using, modify the design without changing your content, and add new features without affecting the other areas). Countless themes to choose from/ability to create from scratch.,Still responsible for securing the site. Does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder. Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is not required but makes things a lot easier; users without it may have a longer learning curve.,8,It's hard to judge the ROI as I use this mainly for personal use, but it has helped me build a fully functional website with ease.,,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pages
WordPress
1944 Ratings

WordPress Reviews

WordPress
1944 Ratings
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 73 of 1945 WordPress ratings and reviews.

Dave Moll profile photo
December 13, 2018

User Review: "WordPress is Built to Impress"

Return on Investment

• Since Wordpress is free and open source, the ROI is always strong. We get to build a custom website for each and every one of our clients. The client is thrilled and so are we.
  • Our clients tend to want similar pieces and moving parts on the website. I often re-use pieces from site to site which really speeds up the development process.
  • Sometimes clients already want to use Wordpress for their next web project. And since we are very familiar with it, it makes for a smoother sale and on-boarding process.
Read Dave Moll's full review
Ben Beck profile photo
December 09, 2018

WordPress Review: "A great content management solution/website builder for most businesses"

Return on Investment

• WordPress has allowed my company to quickly get into content marketing (blog posts, ebooks, case studies, etc.) without any support from the developers, as marketing owns the delivery mechanism (WordPress)!
  • One negative aspect of our WordPress usage is that, because it is so easy-to-use and we've made it apparent we don't need developer help to support it, when we actually do need developers for a non-WordPress related project, we can't get the help!
  • WordPress-hosted forms/landing pages bring in the majority of our leads, which end up in sales demos and eventually new revenue.
Read Ben Beck's full review
Fedor Paretsky profile photo
January 26, 2019

WordPress Review: "Quick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/site"

Return on Investment

• Positive - Free to cheap themes and extensions. It is possible to self-host a WordPress site and CMS for completely free or a fairly low price.
  • Negative - Some of the better themes/extensions cost quite a bit of money, or require a fair bit of coding experience/knowledge to implement from scratch.
  • Positive - Self-hosting capable. For companies with personal servers or trial credits for a computing service, WordPress hosting can be completely free and can completely offset of set the costs of typical monthly hosting plans available on third-party web hosting services.
Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress - The world's most popular content management system"

Return on Investment

• With WordPress we save money by not having to build our own CMS (content management system) for work done for clients.
  • With WordPress we save money because there are thousands of addons that provide excellent features and functions that are free or very low-cost.
  • With WordPress we save money because there are thousands of expert-level developers with WordPress skills available around the world with whom we can contract for development work.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Lauren Golden profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress is the solid choice for building your online presence"

Return on Investment

• I don't personally run sales through my WordPress pages, they're all done through my ClickFunnels pages, however the indirect ROI is extremely positive because it is a place where potential clients can learn more about my brand and grow to like and trust our business.
Read Lauren Golden's full review
Brandon Mand profile photo
December 11, 2018

User Review: "Beginner's Guide to WordPress"

Return on Investment

• Being able to reach more donors has provided a positive ROI for my organization.
  • The only recurring negative I have experienced is the site being extremely slow to load from time to time. Both WordPress and BlueHost blame each other when this happens and I have found it difficult to fix the issue in a timely manner.
Read Brandon Mand's full review
Floyd Finch profile photo
December 09, 2018

Review: "WordPress From a Low-Tech Small Business Perspective"

Return on Investment

• Most of my services are supplied remotely by people shipping parts to me to be refurbished. This is very much a niche business that could not grow without national publicity as there are not enough customers to support it locally. WordPress enabled me to build an attractive & informative website to drive traffic to my business.
  • In addition, the affiliate ads also provide a small amount of revenue, as well.
Read Floyd Finch's full review
Jay Cornelius profile photo
December 07, 2018

User Review: "Wordpress Quote Request Solutions"

Return on Investment

• Wordpress implementation has very low barrier of entry, thus leading to a quick ROI.
  • The cost of Wordpress was so insignificant vs the cost of advertising such as Adwords, that the ROI was not even a question.
  • Wordpress allowed for an agile approach to our internal sales training material and this accelerated our sales training by a good 80%.
Read Jay Cornelius's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "Wordpress - The only limit is your desire to learn and grow"

Return on Investment

• Online courses - Our online course site made a gigantic leap in quality when we moved from our previous platform to Wordpress. This has resulted in hundreds more membership subscriptions.
  • Shop - Wordpress has served us well for our physical goods shop too, and has been consistently reliable at completing a customer's online ordering process.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Andrew Murphy profile photo
December 07, 2018

User Review: "WordPress is great for nonprofit CMS"

Return on Investment

• We've been able to work with outside agencies more effectively - cutting our internal publishing time to almost nothing.
  • My team can manage small errors without contacting contractors - saving us on our marketing budget.
  • Iteration loops are much faster and we can prototype in under half the time.
Read Andrew Murphy's full review
Patricia Thomas profile photo
December 05, 2018

WordPress Review: "Create web pages professionally and in a short time from any device."

Return on Investment

• It is low cost. WordPress is free, but there may be some extra expenses if you want to install premium plugins.
  • If you are a programmer you will not incur significant expenses, however, if you are not then you will need the help of a professional to customize your website and that translates into paying the professional fees.
  • It is necessary to be constantly aware of WordPress to monitor all updates, both CMS and plugins, to preserve the integrity and security of data, and consequently avoid loss of information and money.
Read Patricia Thomas's full review
December 17, 2018

Review: "Wordpress is great for most website demands"

Return on Investment

• It creates better engagement with the users who are able to update their own content. They are happy and thus bring more clients.
  • Update and maintenance for a website is hassle free which improves efficiency of the maintainer.
  • The availability of multitude of themes and plugins makes responding to customer's request quick and effective, which increases customer satisfaction.
December 18, 2018

Review: "Get Your Students Blogging Like a Professional With Wordpress"

Return on Investment

• Wordpress has afforded our students another platform to build and publish their work in school professionally.
  • Has helped me design a site for our teachers to access anytime, anywhere with tips tricks and lesson ideas.
  • Has helped our staff and teachers share ideas and stay in contact.
March 13, 2018

Review: "WordPress is one of the best open source CMS platforms available."

Return on Investment

• WordPress has had a positive impact in our organization saving us hours of development time.
  • WordPress allowed us to have standardized websites by creating a boilerplate/starter theme and customizing the theme based on each unique functionality of each project.
  • WordPress has helped us focus and spend more time on generating leads and improving our SEO.
Benjamin Hale profile photo
January 18, 2018

WordPress Review: "Come for the Price, Stay for the Community"

Return on Investment

• Zero/low up front cost. (Depends on plugins we choose to buy.)
  • Loads of talent to help us create and maintain the site.
  • Quick turnaround when launching new sites and updating existing sites resulting in less downtime.
  • Need to monitor for updates and verify updates don't break plugins or customization.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review

Role-based user permissions (37)
API (28)
Internationalization / multi-language (23)
WYSIWYG editor (36)
Code quality / cleanliness (37)
Admin section (40)
Page templates (38)
Library of website themes (39)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (38)
Publishing workflow (39)
Form generator (35)
Content taxonomy (33)
SEO support (36)
Bulk management (28)
Availability / breadth of extensions (36)
9.2
Community / comment management (36)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.