Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers, and a content management system, known for its simplicity and modifiability. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3s/tM/BG448UBIK1SQ.PNGWordPress is Built to ImpressWhen we take on new clients, many times they need a website overhaul. Wordpress is our go to solution for this. I've been developing in Wordpress for a number of years that it's actually more cost effective for our agency to custom build a theme than find an off-the-shelf theme. This way we can address all the custom feature requests for the client. When the website is complete, Worpdress is very user-friendly. It is easy for us to train not only our internal staff on updates, maintenance, new content and upkeep, but also to train the client how to use their brand new website. Since most of our clients have a Wordpress website, it is very simple for our internal staff to work on multiple client websites. An issue or problem solved on one website, means the same issue is so much quicker to resolve on the remaining client sites. Our internal staff can make changes, updates to forms, add new content, add new calls to action, build new landing pages -- all without hours of training. It's a great resource we can add to our client and account management. This really helps keep our client costs down!,Worpdress is very SEO-friendly. The built in permalink structure, the organization and structure of post types and pages plus the addition of the 'rhymes with toast' SEO plugin gives you a great SEO foundation. Wordpress is a constantly evolving piece of code. Wordpress does a great job of maintaining the core product. As new features are available, as new security issues become known, the WP team keeps you up to date with the latest and greatest version. The Wordpress community is strong! As a developer, this is just fantastic. If I am having trouble implementing a highly custom piece for a client, chances are someone else has already done it! And if not, I can just ask the community, review the Codex or simply Google it. I've never had to say "No, can't do that" when working in Worpdress.,Because Wordpress is so popular, it is under constant attack from bots and hackers. New security issues are found and exploited. Our client's websites are at risk of hack or attack. Wordpress is a resource hog. Worpdress sites tend to load slowly, especially if you buy one of those all-in-one themes. You really need to leverage caching and minification to ensure your Wordpress site loads quickly. There are simply too many plugins. Wordpress needs to purge all the abandoned and non-functioning plugins in the repository. I'm always fearful of a client downloading and installing a plugin that crashes the site.,9,Since Wordpress is free and open source, the ROI is always strong. We get to build a custom website for each and every one of our clients. The client is thrilled and so are we. Our clients tend to want similar pieces and moving parts on the website. I often re-use pieces from site to site which really speeds up the development process. Sometimes clients already want to use Wordpress for their next web project. And since we are very familiar with it, it makes for a smoother sale and on-boarding process.,Joomla!, Wix and Drupal,Act-On Software, Terminus, Teamwork Projects,Developer,10-100 pagesA great content management solution/website builder for most businessesOur main website is hosted on WordPress, and I've been at several other employers who also used WordPress as their primary CRM. It is used across the company, from customer support, to product development, to sales and to marketing. Marketing owns the WordPress instance and is responsible for maintaining it, ensuring it is kept up to date, etc.,It is constantly being improved, with new features added, because of the community code-sourcing aspect. Security vulnerabilities are continually being patched to keep it secure. It has the best plugin repository, by far. So, anytime you have a needed new feature for your website, there is usually a plugin that already exists to allow you to do what you're wanting.,Because it is the most-used CMS, there are a lot of hackers targeting it. As such, you need to make sure you're always updating the software and patching plugins to the latest version. Not hard to do, but something you need to be vigilant about. Plugins are hit and miss. If it is a new plugin without many existing users and reviews, it is truly hard to know if the software package is any good. Sometimes there are too many options. For example, there are a dozen or so plugins for any given functionality and so you have to sift through to find the right thing.,9,WordPress has allowed my company to quickly get into content marketing (blog posts, ebooks, case studies, etc.) without any support from the developers, as marketing owns the delivery mechanism (WordPress)! One negative aspect of our WordPress usage is that, because it is so easy-to-use and we've made it apparent we don't need developer help to support it, when we actually do need developers for a non-WordPress related project, we can't get the help! WordPress-hosted forms/landing pages bring in the majority of our leads, which end up in sales demos and eventually new revenue.,Joomla!, Drupal, Wix, Weebly and Squarespace,Marketo, Shopify, Asana,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pagesThe best Content Management System!I always wanted to have my own website and I used to think that I have to contact someone who can create a website for me but after some time, I started learning on my own about how to create a website. WordPress helped a lot when I created my first website that was a free website and I learned a lot about it. After learning many things I decided to guide others about it that's when I started freelancing. Now I can offer many services to people when it comes to WordPress.,WordPress is an open source software. Open source software provides awesome features which make it easy to use, modify and build upon. You can make your website the way you want it to be There are many Content Management Systems (CMS) available but WordPress is a popular one. It is a free and open source, the large number of developers making it popular. The thing which I like about WordPress is its simplicity and usability you don't have to be an expert to use WordPress everything is already set up you just have to install the plugin and there you go,One of the major advantages of WordPress is it is an open source software but sometimes it becomes its disadvantage since it is an open source it is always at the target of hackers especially if the codes have been written by someone else. When you install lots of plugins the website becomes laggy or stutters it takes time to complete the process.,10,There is no negative impact on my business. I would say it has helped me learn many things. Now I can create websites on my own and I can help others when it comes to creating a website.,,Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat DC,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesQuick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/siteWordPress is used to host all of our blog posts and pages on a server purely serving these pages. We use it as a combination of a CMS, editor, and designer for all of our articles and pages. It is used mostly by Engineers writing articles or founders writing updates on progress.,Super intuitive, well-designed UI. WordPress is one of the older, more developed CMS products out there, and their UI has gotten very good through the versions. Integrated SEO. This is a really helpful tool. There is no need to export blog/article info and add it to an SEO service, it's mostly done within WordPress. Full customizability. There is an extensive list of plugins, themes, etc. that can be added to WordPress sites, and the general compatibility of software with WordPress is really good.,Open-source. WordPress is all open-source, so sites can be more vulnerable generally, but this also makes the process of releasing and integrating updates into WordPress sites super transparent. Speed. There are definitely parts of the UI that are still quite slow and decrease in speed as you increase the amount of content on WordPress sites. HTML/CSS skills are necessary. While WordPress does simplify the process of developing any sort of website, there is still not enough customizability for it to be possible to edit websites without purely without using HTML/CSS. It's necessary to either improve the customizability function of WordPress or have knowledge of HTML/CSS.,9,Positive - Free to cheap themes and extensions. It is possible to self-host a WordPress site and CMS for completely free or a fairly low price. Negative - Some of the better themes/extensions cost quite a bit of money, or require a fair bit of coding experience/knowledge to implement from scratch. Positive - Self-hosting capable. For companies with personal servers or trial credits for a computing service, WordPress hosting can be completely free and can completely offset of set the costs of typical monthly hosting plans available on third-party web hosting services.,Ghost,Node, Medium, Atom,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesWordPress ReviewNot used for business, mainly personal use. Chose for the following reasons: Free/open source, easy to use, and lots of resources for support.,Extremely flexible; can suit most website needs from blogs to small business. Design, content, and functionality separated from each other. This allows for data portability (you can add content regardless of the design you are using, modify the design without changing your content, and add new features without affecting the other areas). Countless themes to choose from/ability to create from scratch.,Still responsible for securing the site. Does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder. Some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is not required but makes things a lot easier; users without it may have a longer learning curve.,8,It's hard to judge the ROI as I use this mainly for personal use, but it has helped me build a fully functional website with ease.,,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pages
WordPress
1945 Ratings

WordPress Reviews

WordPress
1945 Ratings
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 66 of 1945 WordPress ratings and reviews.

Dave Moll profile photo
December 13, 2018

User Review: "WordPress is Built to Impress"

Read Dave Moll's full review
Ben Beck profile photo
December 09, 2018

WordPress Review: "A great content management solution/website builder for most businesses"

Read Ben Beck's full review
Danish Mirza Baig profile photo
November 23, 2018

WordPress Review: "The best Content Management System!"

Read Danish Mirza Baig's full review
Fedor Paretsky profile photo
January 26, 2019

WordPress Review: "Quick, intuitive solution for hosting a blog/site"

Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress - The world's most popular content management system"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our firm uses WordPress for all new websites that it builds for clients. It provides a stable, well-known and accepted foundation for all websites that our clients employ. It is so well-accepted as an industry standard for website construction that clients never question the choice and in fact most of the time they expect us to use it.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Lauren Golden profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "WordPress is the solid choice for building your online presence"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use WordPress.org to run my website, both through a theme installed on WordPress and by integrating with my use of ClickFunnels using the ClickFunnels plugin for WordPress. The ability to fully customize my online presence is important to me and how I present my brand online. Being a virtual business selling digital products, it's essential to have software I can trust.
Read Lauren Golden's full review
Brandon Mand profile photo
December 11, 2018

User Review: "Beginner's Guide to WordPress"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is being used to manage the State College of Florida Foundation website. The Foundation started using WordPress about 3 years ago when a new website was developed. The website allows the Foundation to provide constant communication to potential students and donors.
Read Brandon Mand's full review
Floyd Finch profile photo
December 09, 2018

Review: "WordPress From a Low-Tech Small Business Perspective"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I initially started using WordPress as a hobbyist, but as my restoration business grew and my blog began to get more popular it became a way to generate revenue through affiliate advertising. It is also essential for advertising the vapor blasting & ultrasonic cleaning services that I offer to motorcycle restoration enthusiasts. The biggest reason for choosing WordPress is the ease of use & customization. Being able to purchase and use different themes for appearances without have to do any coding is a big plus. If you still can't get the exact appearance and features you want from a prefab theme there are literally thousands of resources to guide you in customizing your website. There is a huge community of users and terrific support to help you make the most of it. Most web-hosting companies also offer basic 1-click WordPress installation, making life really easy for the beginner. WordPress is easy for the beginner but can be customized to extreme levels by an advanced user.
Read Floyd Finch's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
December 08, 2018

WordPress Review: "Great for Small Business"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This is used for the main organization's website. It helps us host and update the website on our own without getting IT involved. It also hosts our blog for us. It can help us schedule posts and save drafts so we can work on something together as a team without posting first.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "Wordpress - The only limit is your desire to learn and grow"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wordpress is our primary platform for our online courses (including hundreds of videos, community interactions between teachers and students, a paid membership system, and more), our main site (consisting of blog, live event scheduling, and more), our shop (selling a sizable selection of physical goods), and a handful of other offerings.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Patricia Thomas profile photo
December 05, 2018

WordPress Review: "Create web pages professionally and in a short time from any device."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In our company we use WordPress to keep all our customers up to date through our website. As the company deals with tourism then WordPress is extremely ideal for displaying packages and excursions, as well as having contact forms and subscriptions. WordPress saves us a lot of programming time and we focus on design.
Read Patricia Thomas's full review
December 17, 2018

Review: "Wordpress is great for most website demands"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's been used to create websites that requires the users to be able to easily edit and update information on their pages. It is used by the organization as well as the organization supports other clients using the Wordpress platform. Among different open source content management systems available in the internet, Wordpress is highly user-friendly and easy to set up which helps save time in operations and maintenance of the website.
December 18, 2018

Review: "Get Your Students Blogging Like a Professional With Wordpress"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use WordPress in my school district to house everything regarding professional development and educational technology. Teachers access our WordPress site, designed more like an elaborate blog, to access: weekly tech tips, a booking calendar to schedule me for trainings or to work with their class, to see highlights of other teachers and what they are doing, to see what apps/programs we subscribe to or pay for in district, and to access lesson plans and ideas that we share. I update this site weekly and push out updates/tips via Gmail that invite my staff and teachers to check the site. This has been a nice way for our teachers to stay informed, learn some tech tips, and share what everyone is doing.
May 28, 2018

WordPress Review: "Best CMS platform providing a number of features without any knowledge of coding"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used by the department to maintain blogs. To make a different type of websites which are describing small and larger business of people. With the help of WordPress number of online stores, websites are being made every day to provide best and stylish experience to the users of the website.
March 13, 2018

Review: "WordPress is one of the best open source CMS platforms available."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wordpress is widely used by our organization. We build all of our partner's sites using Wordpress and we also develop and design some internal web projects using WordPress. We choose to use WordPress because it has a very intuitive and easy to use admin dashboard to allow us to manage the back end of our websites.
May 24, 2018

Review: "Wordpress is good for quick and dirty projects"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is being used by various clients for website capabilities. We specifically recommend WordPress for those teams who lack advanced technical proficiency when it comes to content publishing platforms. For the more advanced user, other platforms like Drupal are better.
Benjamin Hale profile photo
January 18, 2018

WordPress Review: "Come for the Price, Stay for the Community"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use WordPress to create and maintain websites for multiple universities across the country. These websites are used to capture prospective students contact information and inform them about our education programs. We also use WordPress for some of our internal websites. This is our main source for any public facing, robust website we created for ourselves or our school partners.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review
January 24, 2018

WordPress Review: "Great for blog management"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used Wordpress at a marketing agency to manage and post blogs for various clients. It was is an integral tool for the content team to ensure that content is published across clients' websites. Posts could effectively be uploaded by the agency content team and reviewed by the client before publication.
January 16, 2018

WordPress Review: "Gotta love open-source"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use wordpress as a lightweight microsite CMS for our clients. It is used by our entire marketing department. The different user roles gives each individual within our department access to the appropriate level of editing without creating a workflow bottle neck. It also gives us a great platform for our content markteing efforts with the built-in blog post type. And with it being an open-source CMS, there are several great plugins that are easy to add onto our sites.

Role-based user permissions (37)
API (28)
Internationalization / multi-language (23)
WYSIWYG editor (36)
Code quality / cleanliness (37)
Admin section (40)
Page templates (38)
Library of website themes (39)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (38)
Publishing workflow (39)
Form generator (35)
Content taxonomy (33)
SEO support (36)
Bulk management (28)
Availability / breadth of extensions (36)
9.2
Community / comment management (36)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.