Reviews (26-50 of 170)
- Detailed modeling.
- Integration with accounting systems like NetSuite.
- Permissions for users by the account in addition to the level. The use case being letting a financial analyst see the headcount sheet with the comp for the organizations he or she supports, but not for the finance and accounting departments to hide the salaries of other team members from them.
- Currently, the View Dependencies feature does not seem to work very well, so you really can't see all the places a certain account is showing up in your model. It would be nice to have greater visibility to see where each account is used in the model so that you know how changing that account will change your model.
- The Account Code in Reports is different than the actual account codes, so it is hard to know what account is actually being used in the report.
- Excellent documentation with articles and videos.
- Strong implementations network of consultants.
- Accessible staff for Q&A (like formulas Friday and other weekly sessions).
- Being cloud only, occasionally the model may be slow to load or update.
- Certain features like user assigned sheets are edit only or no access (no read-only access).
- Dimension level security is coming in a future release (Fall 2019).
- Cannot have multiple security profiles per user (one profile per account).
- Audit history of what has been changed is huge
- Being able to have different versions to run scenario analysis
- Ability to easily load and download data easily
- Being able to set user defaults on specific pages like different filters so it is the same every time the page is pulled up, it seems like right now the default is the same across all users.
- Provides a one-stop space for the entire organization to view data & reports.
- Provides a one-stop space for the entire organization to enter their own unique data.
- Provides a one-stop space for the entire organization to handle received tasks.
- Like any software understanding formula & formula language.
- I love how easy it is to track software and general amortizations in Adaptive. The software has been an issue with my past employers, but it flows very easily here in Adaptive.
- We also use Adaptive's OfficeConnect for easy reporting. It has helped us automate our reporting as we work with internal departments. We have the reports built, and the software and can refresh all of them simultaneously, reducing generation time and giving us more time for analysis.
- We are building out more operational metrics now. We are starting to track sales opportunities across different business segments to see the correlation between spending activities and opportunity generation. This helps us set better targets in the future. This paired with OfficeConnect also makes it very easy to track and report on operational metrics in addition to financial metrics.
- It can get cumbersome to have separate sheets for all prepaid expenses. The software works out very neatly - but creating a new sheet for each prepaid expense can be difficult. Because of this, I feel like forecasting is less based on actual plans, and more based on gut feelings, and trends rather than actual plans.
- I wish OfficeConnect could pull individual lines rather than just aggregated data. The example that I'm trying to work on now is that I would like to pull personnel information from OfficeConnect (mainly pulling lists of employees, or open positions). I don't know how to do that currently. I can pull aggregated data and show totals - but I can't see the individual lines that make up that total within OfficeConnect.
- Infinite ability to group accounts and departments for reporting. The only limitation is the number of ways that you think of in terms of consolidating the information.
- Being able to build scalable, complex, distributed, budget models. With the data we can bring into the system and the formulas we can use we have all the functionality of the spreadsheet, but with the flexibility to allow leaders across the organization to participate and update their section.
- The platform allows multiple forecast/budget versions which allows for version control and sensitivity analysis. I can lock versions from changes while quickly creating a new version to see the impact of a +or- scenario to the company’s profitability.
- With the OfficeConnect tool we can leverage Excel to provide repeatable reports for the board and other business leaders that are repeatable from month to month. While the platform provides more flexibility than an accounting package it still has limitations. Using OfficeConnect I can leverage the power of the Microsoft suite of Excel/Word/PowerPoint directly.
- When trying to learn about a new feature or a feature I have not used previously it is sometimes difficult to find that information on the help section.
- Adaptive can be deployed through consultants when they do not have specialized knowledge like higher education. This sometimes makes it difficult to determine who to contact when experiencing issues with the model after implementation.
- You are limited to one master chart of accounts. When you have multiple businesses this can cause some difficulties that can be overcome, but takes additional thought and planning and can cause issues when making changes.
- Allows assumptions to be created for fringes, taxes, capital etc. We are now able to push these type of expenses to individual departments as opposed to a single department. Gives us true costs for each department.
- The flexibility in revising and creating new sheets allows our organization to modify our budget/forecast approach without much downtime. Also, we can make these modifications internally . No need to hire consultants to complete these tasks.
- Adaptive Insights is an easy to use/understand tool for end-users. Our users typically struggle with new systems but the Adaptive roll-out was very smooth with very little end-user angst.
- The format of reports when downloaded to Excel or PowerPoint could use improvement.
- Would be nice if you could inactivate GL accounts when they are no longer being used.
- Suppress rows functionality when set by the administrator to default to suppress if not data doesn't always seem to work.
Every so often Adaptive's response time when in the system has been slow but Adaptive has rolled out the Elastic Hypercube to take care of that issue.
- Financial Reporting - Building financial statements in OfficeConnect is a breeze! They are quick and easy to update on a monthly basis! The HTML reporting within Adaptive Insights is also particularly useful for department and adhoc reports!
- Budgeting/Forecasting - Being able to budget/forecast within Adaptive Insights has significantly cut down on the time it takes to budget by utilizing formulas and assumptions within the model! We reforecast quarterly, and with Adaptive Insights, it's painless when compared to the Excel forecasting we did previously.
- Cash Flow Statement - Creating this for the annual audit was painful before Adaptive Insights! Now, it's a simple export from Adaptive Insights.
- Dashboards - The dashboards that can be created are endless and provide valuable insight for our executives in real-time!
- Model - It takes a little bit of time to get familiar with how the model works.
- Web-based system which eliminates the need to purchase new software. System is accessible anywhere as long as there is internet access.
- Its features provide for good planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- The ability to create customized reports is a very nice touch - we are able to share this across our organization.
- The layout of the various reporting options could be displayed in a more user-friendlier way. It's a bit difficult to locate where to find the reports.
- I'm finding that the drill down feature from the monthly financials section is not as convenient as it should be.
- The exporting to Excel or PDF format is a bit off - it's time consuming to manipulate the excel to a regular paper size.
- Forecasting. When you design sheets correctly you are able to create accurate and insightful forecasts. The integration with NetSuite is also a great feature because you can access all information related to a certain expense and really give useful insights to your business.
- If I have a question on how to do something in Adaptive it is difficult to search for the answer online. For example, if I had a problem with an Excel formula I could google it and have someone explain the answer to me almost immediately. It would be nice if there were more training resources for Adaptive.
- Adaptive is an excellent tool in creating dynamic models for budgets and forecasts that can connect directly to our financials.
- The most powerful tool of Adaptive is the ability to handle complex calculations behind the scenes while mupltiple users can access our instance and see the results in real-time.
- Adaptive Insights could improve it's user training by offering more video instructions that our included in customer subscriptions.
- The Office Connect feature is a great tool for working with financial data in Excel. I believe this will be an area to focus on improvement as many of their competitors have better functionality with pulling and drilling into data.
- It allows us to provide up to date information to senior management with the click of a few buttons.
- It saves us time in our month-end close process as well as our budgeting/forecasting process.
- Its dashboarding allows us to create visuals and monthly KPI's to report to senior management.
- We would like to see the functionality of dates being added to web reports.
- The month to month maintenance is sometimes cumbersome. This is more of a comment due to the fact that we are a construction company and our structure (jobs) changes on a monthly basis.
Adaptive is being used across a department within one of our Divisions. Adaptive allows us to prepare and project our monthly Forecast and annual Budget. The Adaptive built-in reports are key for our department to analyse the evolution of our forecast and the comparison with our budget.
Furthermore it gives you a tool to control the projection of our intercompany recharges.
Easy to integrate with ERP such as SAP thanks to their API interface. Importing to Adaptive is smooth and easy to configure. Also when exporting to another application is needed, well suited interfaces can be built to fulfill any needs.
After our migration to SAP, we tried to change our organisational e-structure and move some cost centers from a level folder to another. That causes a loss of historical data and until today I am not sure if there is a safe way to do something like that.
- Very Intuitive and easy to learn.
- Adaptive Insights can be managed and owned by Finance people and does not require IT involvement.
- Office Connect reporting is very useful.
- The new process tracker feature could be expanded.
- It is very visually appealing
- As long as the hierarchy is built out right it's very efficient
- Security access is great
- The user experience could be better. Its difficult to get up to speed.
- It could be more visually appealing
- Send report feature in the tool needs to be improved
- Allows for better integration between multiple business segments, which in turn leads to faster and more robust projections for the whole organization.
- Adaptive's simple user interface ensures that stakeholders without a proper Finance background still can navigate our projection entry processes with relative ease.
- Adaptive's strong network of consultants and community resources allow for great support from the original integration on through continuing support years after go-live.
- Adaptive could benefit from more flexible data visualization tools, especially involving pre-created tools that layer on-top of existing sheet data.
- Adaptive's OfficeConnect platform has been a major boon to our standard reporting process, and easier functionality around this tool would make reporting even easier.
Prior to Adaptive, the organization used complex Excel spreadsheets for over 90 departments. Adaptive has taken these complex spreadsheets and incorporated them into the set up and incorporates all of the standards and assumptions, so that the end user only has to input their information one time and everything flows through to the correct budget sheets for analysis.
- Adaptive's reporting function is an excellent tool for analysis. It can be used for budget formulation through monthly reporting analysis.
- Adaptive makes it easy to get down to the most minute level of detail in order to quickly give analysis on the budget, through its modeled sheets, and cube sheets.
- I don't see any weaknesses from the software, other than it not having the flexibility to make changes to other versions of budgets without affecting previous versions.
- It is one database, so there is no pulling together or consolidating of data
- It allows for structural changes to be made such that if a corporate decision is made that impacts everyone, or even a segment of the units, the change can easily be made in minutes
- At the end of the process, often times we will want to dig into the numbers, and possibly change some, based on how they all roll up. Previously, this was an Excel nightmare. Now it is instant and seamless.
- Discovery provides an "at your fingertips" display of every KPI that you can dream up, as well as trends, breakdowns, and projections that are driving or being driven by those indicators.
- I would like to see the ability to completely turn off all calculations for a budget version, such that it is locked down, and would require an act of Congress to change a number. We have had a few cases where something was inadvertently changed AFTER the budget was finalized.
- The ability to back-up an entire budget would be helpful (see the comment above).
- It is much nicer than having Excel because you don't have to worry nearly as much about breaking formulas.
- It enables analysts and business partners to plan together by both having access to the same numbers in the same software thus reducing confusion and helping to keep everyone on the same page.
- It helps a lot with reporting and doing analyses on budgets vs. actuals.
- I wish that there were a way to select multiple levels when viewing sheets instead of having to build a report.
- It would be nice if there were slightly more access controls so that different analysts could see the headcount for their groups without giving them access to the entire company's headcount data.
It might not be the best option if you are an extremely large corporation as we've discovered that it can slow down substantially if sheets have too many rows. For example, if you are a company with several thousand employees, I don't think Adaptive is currently robust enough to support all of your data and planning.
- The security settings are very easy to implement. I can easily give access to our analyst in Europe access to only their portion of the budget with just a single click.
- Being able to quickly spin up multiple versions of a plan make scenario planning very efficient.
- The reporting functionality is robust and can be done by the team.
- The implementation process could be a little more straight forward
- The Office Connect plugin gives great flexibility and possibilities for providing a greater level of detailed analysis to business partners.
- Being able to produce a personnel report across multiple departments.
Workday Adaptive Planning Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Workday Adaptive Planning
The vendor states that more than 3,800 organizations across 50-plus countries use Workday Adaptive Planning, and boasting its ease of use, they state that Workday Adaptive Planning ranks #1 in customer satisfaction in independent industry surveys from leading market analysts such as Gartner, Forrester, and BPM Partners.
According to the vendor, Adaptive Planning helps mid-size & enterprise organizations’ leaders better manage their business:
- Adaptive Planning enables organizations to break free from static planning, to active planning
- Active planning is collaborative, comprehensive, and continuous
- Active planning requires a solution that’s easy, powerful, and fast
- Automated Budgeting and Forecasting to increase productivity
- Self-Service Financial Reporting allowing users to create, share and personalize reports
- Integration with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Intacct, & MS Dynamics
Workday Adaptive Planning Screenshots
Workday Adaptive Planning Video
Workday Adaptive Planning Integrations
Workday Adaptive Planning Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Workday Adaptive Planning Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
Workday Adaptive Planning Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Workday Adaptive Planning Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and many more!|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Polish, Dutch|