WorkForce Suite

EmpCenter, easy for end users

April 08, 2015
Until a year ago we still used paper time sheets and each month hours were manually entered into Banner for our University to pay our …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of WorkForce Suite, and make your voice heard!

What is WorkForce Suite?

The EmpCenter suite from Workforce Software headquartered in Michigan is a workforce management for managing complex time and attendance needs integrable with Core HR and payroll systems.

What is Justworks Hours?

Get Justworks Hours for automated, seamless time tracking. Make timekeeping effortless for you and your team by managing employee time more easily, gaining more insights with more oversight, and easing the burden of errors and inaccuracies. Sync seamlessly with powerful integrations with your…

What is Deputy?

Deputy is a web-based workforce manager solution. Deputy is designed to help users simplify their scheduling, timesheets, tasking, employee communication and administrative tasks. It includes various apps and one click payroll integration that aim to make workforce management easier. The Deputy…

What is WorkForce Suite?

The WorkForce Suite is a cloud workforce management solution that enables employees and managers to digitize time and labor processes, optimize demand-driven scheduling, simplify absence management and enable strategic business insight. The WorkForce Suite adapts to an organization’s specific workforce management requirements no matter how unique the pay rules, labor regulations, schedules, and employee self-service needs are.

WorkForce focuses exclusively on the workforce management needs of today’s complex enterprise, including time and attendance, employee self-service, time capture, scheduling, pre shift health screening, labor forecasting, workforce analytics, employee productivity and labor tracking and absence leave and accommodation management. Whether employees are global, unionized, full-time, part-time, mobile, or seasonal, the WorkForce Suite is designed to make managing a workforce easy, more rewarding, and less costly.

WorkForce Suite Competitors

WorkForce Suite Technical Details

ADP Workforce Now, Ceridian Dayforce, and UKG Ready are common alternatives for WorkForce Suite.

The most common users of WorkForce Suite are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Oil & Energy industry.

• Deputy
Deputy was a LOT easier to use, and I personally liked it more. It did not make approving payroll at the end of the week as easy as WorkForce, and Deputy did not show any PTO balances. Deputy seemed like a simpler, less in-depth version of WorkForce. Personally, I would prefer Deputy, but a lot of my colleagues disagree
Jeff Pohl | TrustRadius Reviewer
We looked at about 6 solutions and narrowed the field down to 3 which included Empcenter, Kronos and I believe worqplace. The real two were Empcenter and Kronos as it really had the flexibility we needed for all our different scenarios. We liked them both and the cost was going to be in the same general area so we were able to make the selection purely on the user experience and technology. Empcenter seemed a little more configurable for our purposes over Kronos and that's how we landed on that decision.
Traci Yates | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Kronos Workforce Management
I did not make the decision to select EmpCenter and only know our university also considered Kronos although I assume there were other products considered. My use of Kronos was only at an employee level and I am not sure how it all stacks up for sure. What I do think is that EmpCenter is more customizable than other products and was seen to be able to adapt to fit all of our needs so it was a system that could be used by everyone. I think it is good we have one time keeping system and don't have some employees using paper or a different system because the one could not meet our needs, but as I said this also makes it more difficult to network with other users and to get improvements made quickly.
EmpCenter is a new software to the company however, I only trained on the old software for a few months before EmpCenter was introduced. I think EmpCenter has a smoother data entry process and can run more in depth reports, but since this is the system I know best I cannot accurately compare it to previous software.