Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins

GREAT!...if you have the time

September 14, 2021

It's Okay

February 26, 2020

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2019
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Page grader (53)

Site audit / diagnostics (41)

Keyword analysis (50)

Site recommendations (42)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, and make your voice heard!

Premium

Per Site

SEO

SEO Channels

SEO Platform & Account Management

6.0

What is Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins?

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Video

Yoast SEO Demo

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Technical Details

What is Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins?

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins are a set of tools developed by Joost de Valk and team, founder of yoast.com and Wordpress enthusiast. These tools are designed to help content rank higher and are subsumed under the Yoast Complete pack, which includes Video SEO for rank climbing with embedded videos in a Wordpress site, WooCommerce SEO for the WP ecommerce plugin, News SEO for rank climbing in Google news, Local SEO for (as the name implies) climbing in local listings with more complete information so can be located (e.g. Google Maps, a store locator, etc.), and Premium SEO redirect manager for dealing with common redirect errors and issues. Yoast Complete for a single site license can be obtained for $279, for up to 5 sites for $479, and for up to 20 sites for $849. The plugins may also be bought individually, and yoast.com now offers a Google Analytics (GA) plugin.

What is Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins's best feature?

Reviewers rate Social SEO highest, with a score of 7.9.

Who uses Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins?

The most common users of Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

David Gev | TrustRadius Reviewer
[In my experience,] Yoast Premium does not function to its fullest potential if you use WP Bakery Page Builder. When I purchased the Premium version, I did not know it. It works well with other page builder plugins. I think that somewhere before committing to the Premium version, it should be made clear
Yoast SEO Plugins is a major plugin on our website which has replaced an SEO freelancer who failed to provide a transparent service. We saw no ROI from his work. Now we do all SEO optimization ourselves and regret we had not installed a pro Yoast plugin earlier. Content marketing combined with Yoast plugin is the best combination for your website.
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilized Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins when I managed our main website to assist in optimization for our local catering and event venue business. It helped me craft written content to appear higher in search results so we were able to reach our customers more efficiently, based on their search keywords. Mainly it was only me using the tool, as I was a dept of one, but it saved me a lot of time doing keyword research.
We use Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins in our content and digital development groups. The content team says "we can't work effectively without the SEO plugin". Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins provides a number of important features our writers rely on:
  1. Internal links to other content. We have over 40,000 posts and this feature makes it simple to link to relevant content.
  2. Readability analysis. Our writers require this to ensure their work is consistent and reads well.
  3. Overall SEO score. Our editors
The digital group relies on Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins for the following:
  1. Oversight of writers SEO tasks. The posts screen provides an overview of SEO scores of content as it's being produced.
  2. Yoast News plugin. This handles the publishing of content to Google News.
  3. Social media integration with Twitter and Facebook.
  4. Manage what types of content appears (and how) in search engines. Wordpress makes just about everything indexable and we use Yoast to tame some of that, especially custom post types.
Nahian Mahmud Shaikat | TrustRadius Reviewer
I [have been] using Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins for the last few years to Optimize the Contents for search engine which ensures a better ranking in google and other popular search engine. Actually, it is the most popular and advanced SEO tool available in the market. Choice of target keywords and send a signal to the search engine.
We are using Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins to improve our SEO, so our Marketing department is the main user of the plugin. It helps us to keep our content at a good quality for SEO and easily choose the settings (index yes/no? Which snippet text?) relevant for search engines.
Natalie C. Winslow | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin to help easily optimize our WordPress websites for SEO. We install it on all the websites we build, and we encourage all of our SEO clients to install the plugin on their WordPress sites. It makes optimizing metadata, adding nofollow attributes, and making sure your pages are optimized easier.
Nabin Poudel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins are being used in our organization to quickly optimize posts and pages for various search engines and social media. With the bundle of plugins for SEO it is easy much easier to optimize video content, news posts, and woocommerce products. It provides a user-friendly interface to add meta keywords on any page and see its score with a preview from search engines result.
Andrew Davison | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins mainly for analyzing our site pages, but it has also helped us to boost traffic and grow our search engine rank. The plug-in mostly helps by highlighting the main keywords on a page and making sure they are used in the correct manner. It’s really helpful for beginners because it not only ensures high SEO rankings, but also gives other valuable information like readability scores, keyword density and content length.
Oleksandr Torlo | TrustRadius Reviewer
The first time I encountered the problem of optimizing corporate website pages was when I was asked by partners to manage the process of redesign for website on WordPress. The site already had over 200 pages and I need to choose a solution to check and optimize the text on the pages. I usually used a different plugin, but this time I asked a SEO expert for advice and he recommended Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins to me. I was pleasantly surprised how this plugin made my work faster and I even performed site optimization ahead of schedule.
Debasis Nayak | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Yoast since 2017 for multiple blogs and WordPress websites before I switched to Rank Math last year. As we were a startup I used the free version but still I loved its performance. Before using Yoast Plugin in our WordPress blogs it was very hard to rank the post, especially when it comes to long trailing keywords. But after installing Yoast Plugin we saw the improvement in few weeks. Our SEO ranking increased, it was super easy for us to analyze our post even before posting it.

Only thing I don't like about Yoast was, in the free version it only gives one focus keyword to use and 5 in pro version. On the other hand Rank Math lets you add 5 focus keywords even in the free version. Also the features offered by Yoast in pro version is less than features offered by Rank Math in Free version. Examples are:
  • Advanced Custom Fields & AMP support.
  • 404 error monitor.
  • Redirects (301, 302, 307, 410, etc.).
  • Role manager.
  • Modular Framework.
  • Add missing Alt attributes.
  • SEO Analysis tool.
  • Incorporates with Local SEO.
February 26, 2020

It's Okay

My company has a few websites that are off our platform and using WordPress, so as their SEO analyst I had to become familiar with the software. The SEM department of the company uses Yoast and quite honestly it becomes useless when we are trying to target a handful of focused keywords.
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yoast fulfills the need of search engine optimization. It integrates with WordPress and quite easy to get started. It helps me to attract the organic traffic from the internet search engines like Google, Bing, etc. It also helps to keep structured and organized content throughout the blog. Search engine algorithm often changes, but with Yoast plugin, no need to worry it.
Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
I run a small SEO agency. If a client has their site on WordPress then they have Yoast Premium, at the least, running on the site. For our clients that are geo-located, we also run Yoast Local. Yoast makes managing a site much easier. In fact, Yoast has become so robust that we almost consider it more of a platform than just a plug-in. Managing URLs, the interlinking suggestions, the ability to have some control over SERPs and now with the structured markup it is capable of it, would be hard to live without. The other really nice thing about Yoast is they have very good training when it comes to the use of the plug-in.
We had used the Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins for our company’s website. Our website is not very dynamic but a decent one which gives information about what we do - our product line. Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins helped in showcasing the info in the manner we needed. It is easy to use and not very expensive
David Hoffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Because of regulations within our industry, we aren't allowed to do very much in terms of outbound marketing. That being said, a good portion of our new business relies solely on prospects finding us, becoming interested, and passing our pre-qualification checks. In addition, because our company name is fairly common, with some examples even operating within our industry, having good SEO practices in place equates to survival. Yoast is integrated within our Wordpress installation (managed by myself and accessed by one other user within marketing), and its automatic checks and ratings for page/content scoring have proven invaluable as we continue to create and organize educational content within the different verticals on our website and educational portal.
Jim Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We migrated all our WordPress websites to using Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins to help improve SEO for all posts and pages. I host 1500+ blogs on the Tripawds multisite network and make the plugin available to all members who wish to implement SEO on their blogs. The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins scoring system allows us to optimize key phrases and content efficiently.
Ben Rubenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Yoast for our marketing website, with the goal of making sure all our pages our structured optimally for search engines, and to flag any potential indexing issues. In particular, we use the snippet tool on individual pages to ensure that the right title and description shows for each page; we also use it to discourage search engine indexing across landing pages, or pages that are in development or for limited audiences only.
Maddy Osman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Yoast on every website I build and the vast majority of the blogs I write for. Yoast makes it easy to ensure that you're doing everything in your power to optimize for a given keyword (or multiple keywords), as well as cover your bases regarding related onsite SEO best practices. If you have a WordPress blog, you need Yoast. Best of all, the basic plugin is completely free to use!
Dragan Nikolic | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yoast WordPress SEO plugin is what we install on every WordPress website we maintain. It makes the websites SEO friendly and easy to configure in terms of titles, meta descriptions, visibility, Schema.org, robots.txt and sitemaps, taxonomies...which roughly translates to Onsite and Technical SEO.

It takes care of several key things that WordPress doesn't do well upon clean install.
December 13, 2019

Easy breezy page editor

SEO is a buzzword that's been around for a while. For many, it's this elusive mysterious thing, that businesses have heard of and should be doing, but many don't know how to implement. This is especially true, in my experience at small companies, that don't have a dedicated SEO specialist. Enter Yoast WordPress SEO. This plugin makes it easy to identify SEO problem spots on your website.
We use Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin to help streamline our SEO implementations for smaller-scale projects. The plugin makes implementing changes easy, and it's effective for small scale changes. It helps non-technical users easily make changes to their page content without inadvertently breaking anything or changing items they shouldn't be.
Christopher Boyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
I implement Yoast as the de facto SEO plugin on various WordPress sites that I manage. Whereas it isn't necessarily the best SEO tool in any one area, it has proven to be the simplest to set up and for my non-technical clients to make use of. Overall, it serves as the best all-around SEO WordPress plugin. In most cases, I set it and forget it and only when new features come out or when a client wants to deploy an overall change to their SEO strategy do I even need to make changes to the plugin.
Michelle Green Arnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress helps us make all of our web content more searchable- and findable- by making it super simple to optimize every post and page. The ability to audit new and existing content in real-time and get concrete suggestions on ways to improve our SEO makes it easy to keep up with ever-changing best practices.