Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
We are using Zix across our organization to encrypt our secure business email and to provide seamless secure email between us and the …
We are using Zix email encryption for the entire organization. It allows us to safely send and receive email through the Zix secured email …
Zix keeps our entire agency confident that we remain HIPAA compliant in our email practices. While there are many options out there for …
Zix email encryption is a tool that our organization uses to send and receive sensitive information securely. We have many departments …
We are using Zix across our entire organization. The heavy users for the product are our Police, Fire, and HR Departments. With having to …
We utilize Zix to provide encrypted email to help us meet HIPAA and keep patient information secure.
Email encryption, email filtering.
We use Zix as a way to send encrypted emails to keep PHI and other sensitive data secure when being sent to via email. We currently have …
Zix is currently being used across the whole organization. It allows us, a health care organization, a means of securing our …
My company uses Zix for email encryption. Almost five years ago, we acquired a federal grant which required the handling of certain …
Zix is currently being used by the Business Department to share confidential information with our financial institutions. We are also …
Zix is deployed globally across all our users and departments. First NBC Bank uses Zix to secure email between our clients and bankers. We …
Zix is used to either explicitly encrypt emails through a keyword in the subject line or implicitly encrypt emails based on heuristics …
Our business unit is a HIPAA covered entity and we needed a secure mail platform in order to remain compliant. This is just for our …
We use Zix for email encryption for all staff. We are a bank, it's required for regulatory.
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
9 people want pricing too
Zix provides a transparent email encryption solution. The solution provides automatic email encryption and data loss prevention to offer peace of mind for users, employees, and executives. Its privacy filters automatically scan all emails and attachments, so if any sensitive information is detected it can be encrypted and quarantined. And, Zix's approach to transparency removes extra steps and passwords, in order to make secure email as easy as regular email. That goes for senders AND receivers. The solution aims to end compliance and regulatory concerns, as Zix does the work for the user.
- Supported: Protect Communications
- Supported: Ensure Accuracy
- Supported: Maintain Compliance
- Microsoft Office
Zix Email Encryption (formerly ZixEncrypt) provides automatic email encryption and data loss prevention solution. Zix scans the content of outbound email and automatically encrypts or takes action based on user-defined policies, for any email environment to secure any mailbox beyond its native capabilities.
Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Product Scalability highest, with a score of 9.
The most common users of Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt) are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Hospital & Health Care industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Seamless encryption among other Zix users
- Encrypted email portal for non-Zix email recipients
- Keyword filters for autoencryption
- We are a small company. I would request that Zix create smaller licensing packages. I am unhappy that we have to buy in packs of 10 when we only need five. If a competing solution becomes available with better pricing, then I will consider leaving Zix to avoid paying for licenses I do not need.
- Secured email gateway to send and receive emails.
- Zix gateway assists with filtering potential and malicious email/attachment.
- The portal can be more user friendly to navigate.
- Easy to encrypt outgoing emails from our staff
- Easy for recipients to receive our encrypted messages
- The cost is affordable when compared to other encryption services
- Provides a secure platform to send sensitive information.
- Recipient of encrypted messages has a user-friendly portal to view messages and respond.
- Seamless integration with GAME add-on for Google Workspace.
- Manual updates required.
- Easy to implement.
- Easy to use for both end user and recipient.
- User support is great.
- When you get into the automatic encryption it could be a little challenging.
- Email Encryption.
- Capture of Data that needs encrypting.
- Easier implementation.
- Products work as they should.
- Mail filtering has really improved with the move to Zix Protect.
- Support is very responsive.
- Support techs fall short in people skills and courtesy sometimes.
- Email Encryption - The implementation was simple and using the encryption is even easier.
- We only use the email encryption and it does everything that we need it to do.
- Policies are set to manage the encryption, so it is mostly hands off. You can set them and forget them.
- Zix has great support. If you need to understand why something was or was not encrypted, they can assist.
- The hosted dashboard gives you report options, so you can search the logs on your own. This gives you the ability to do your own research and see what is going on. You can also have reports emailed to you on a schedule.
- Zix to Zix emails (Zix customer to Zix customer) are automatically encrypted. Otherwise, recipients need to use the Zix web portal to receive the email.
- Currently, the hosted dashboard does not allow me to touch or manage the policies at all. When I migrated from onsite to hosted, they pulled in my existing policies and added them to the general policies. If I need anything adjusted, I can call support and they will adjust for me.
- Zix does not offer any other products other than encryption. I was hoping to have one vendor for spam and encryption, but was not willing to leave Zix for Proofpoint.
- Zix scans outbound emails for personal financial information and encrypts accordingly.
- Zix scans outbound emails for health information and encrypts accordingly.
- Zix has an easy end-user interface enabling users to release false-positive encrypted emails without encryption and requiring the end-user to leave an explanation for why the email was released without encryption, therefore, leaving an audit trail.
- Zix was very easy to implement on our email domain with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Zix cannot scan PDFs or other image files.
- Zix errs on the side of false positives for any string of numbers that it assumes might be defined as personal financial information.
- Zix management console has room for improvement in terms of navigation and UI.
- Easy manual encryption. You can define a key word or phrase that will trigger an email and contents to be encrypted.
- Simple encryption rules interface. Zix supplies some pre-defined rules for auto-encryption such has for HIPPA, FERPA, PII, etc that will automatically encrypt if certain keywords or patterns are detected. These can be modified to fit your company requirements.
- Automatically encrypts email if you are sending to another Zix customer. This makes the encryption process seamless because they do not need to log in to the Zix gateway to retrieve encrypted email. The email and contents are automatically encrypted.
- Zix will customize your portal, so it is more seamless for your clients and partners.
- The configuration for web mail, such as Gmail, was not well documented.
- The default encryption policies initially generated a high volume of false-positives and encrypted much more than we intended.
- Transparent encryption with other Zix clients and any email server that can negotiate TLS.
- Simple deployment options with virtual, physical, or hosted options.
- Zix can provide email protection with encryption and also email security with SPAM and content filtering.
- Knowledgeable deployment engineers helped us deploy the solution on the phone without a costly specialist needed.
- Branding the "Secured by Zix" stamp the solution places on secured messages would be a nice feature.
- Heuristics work well.
- The ability to simplify explicit encryption through a keyword is nice.
- Most recipients are prompted to a secure portal to read the message, but if the other user also uses Zix then the message is automatically decrypted.
- Zix is appliance based (at least in our implementation). The encryption happens as the message leaves the mail server. This means there is nothing to install at the client. It makes Zix very non-intrusive.
- Nothing comes to mind -- it just works.
- Very easy to use.
- Works just like the secure mail feature you would use with your bank or healthcare.
- Cost effective.
- Very good support when you reach out to the Zix Support center.
- We have a hosted solution and it was very straight forward to implement.
- Should be able to import contacts
- Should be able to scan pictures for PHI
- should be a mobile app like all of the big free email apps like Goggle, AOL, Yahoo etc
- Integrated well with Google corp apps
- Automatically encrypts when needed
- Back-end management is not that strong.
- Zix mobile app. Easy to use. Anyone can use it with minimal if any, training.
- The encryption registration for recipients is as painless as it gets. Simple, effective.
- The app is easy to configure, and compatible with all devices. This made for quick deployment.
- Customer support is a little hard to use. However, infrequently needed.
- The app has limitations as you can only view one mailbox, calendar account. You can't check other mailboxes or calendars.
- Lots of service windows, though few with actual outages. However, in our industry, we treat each update as a potential for an outage, and have to put in certain measures.
- Simple and easy setup and installation.
- Zix performs encrypting based upon contextual analysis which greatly reduces the number of false positives.
- Zix greatly supports our needs to be HIPPA compliant and allows us to quarantine emails based upon selected criteria
- Some end users struggle with the process to open secure emails, when they are not a Zix customer.
- Generally have to contact support anytime you want to create or edit rules, etc. which can be time consuming.
- Great usability for outside users who may need heavy access for several weeks and almost never again.
- Streamlined operation for our agents, keeping communication threads organized (actually a function of our mail app - it is just that Zix actually allows this - it was a deal breaker with countless others)
- Of course, bullet proof and highly recognized encryption. (duh!)
- Lovely people at Zix supporting us!
- Excellent reliability and availability
- Responsive to customer input on making things even better
- We reported a major issue with accessing documents on a smart phone. The display hides the documents from the recipient, causing much confusion. I haven't heard any progress on improvement, and am quite surprised that this hasn't been addressed.
- This is doing better now, far less complaints
- I have never received free pizza from Zix. We always appreciate pizza.
- Still no pizza.
- Zix catches outbound mail that was unencrypted and should have been encrypted.
- Zix provides an easy process for our clients to retrieve encrypted mail.
- Zix has robust tracking portals that allow us to monitor users.
- My only wish list item would be for Zix to combine their portals into one.
- The ability to recognize patterns and keywords to trigger automatic encryption.
- No complaints, the software works exactly as designed.
- Widespread usage of ZixGateway in the Healthcare arena makes end to end encryption very seamless for our users.
- The product is easy to use. Our users can encrypt either through the use of an Outlook add-on that puts a "Send Securely" button in Outllook for Windows. Though there is no client for those users on a Mac, or those who use OWA, they can still easily encrypt by inserting a keyword in the subject line. As a safety net, the rules that are processed at the Gateway allow for automatic encryption when end users forget.
- The ZixOne product has grown in functionality over the years and now includes the ability to encrypt from the mobile device. It's become a very stable, reliable program.
- The backend management of the ZixGateway could be simplified. It took a while to get the hang of how the rules interacted with one another. That having been said, once we had it tweaked out, it's been relatively hands off. Since we rely on this for HIPAA compliance, an improvement in this area would be a periodic "health" check of our appliance to ensure we've not made a rules change that has invalidated the intended use of the product.
- We would have liked to seen the ZixOne MDM product allow integration of calendar items with the device's native calendar application. That was the biggest complaint of our users, that their business calendar, which contained no ePHI, was now segregated from there personal calendar forcing them manage two separate calendars.
- Ease of use.
- It is pricey.
- Their support is fast and very good.
- The Zix server we have does a great job of accurately encrypting email that should be, even if we forget.
- I really like that we can manually encrypt any email we want.
- The interface. It's not at all user-friendly or intuitive.
- Many of the lenders we work with use Zix so we can communicate seamlessly with them - no passwords/login needed between Zix customers.
- Most lenders can open Zix secure emails - they are not blocked.
- Provides me with an add on to outlook so I can choose which emails need to go secure.
- I would like to be able to tell when I look at a sent email in outlook that it was sent secure.
- I would like to be able to easily see which secure emails have not been opened.
- It analyzes emails that may contain data that should be encrypted and automatically encrypts that data.
- It allows for specific personnel to bypass Zix and send an email that should not need to be encrypted.
- It allows for recipients outside of our organization to respond in an encrypted format to our users.
- Recipients outside of our organization have found that it is cumbersome to have to login to the zix portal to receive it.
- When corresponding with a recipient back and forth, we have received feedback that not all the email recipients have received the email and it is not easy to trace the email.
- Better logging of whether a recipient received and opened that email.
- Easier way to delete a sent zix email/revoke that email.