Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider packOur entire company uses Zoom. We switched to Zoom because it is a fraction of the cost of what we used to spend with our old provider and the service is much better. Zoom solved our soaring conferencing costs and the complexity of using our old provider's service. Our old provider's service and support model was grossly outdated and the technology was as well. Our users love Zoom because of how easy it is to use. Call initiation and scheduling are a dream with Zoom. I highly recommend it to any business who is struggling with finding a solution.,Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far. Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service. Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service. Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++,We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.,10,Extreme cost savings. Not kidding here. We use a lot of minutes per month and the savings over our old provider is in the thousands of dollars. Integration into Outlook is excellent. Everyone loves the plugin and the ease of scheduling meetings. Active Directory integration is nice too. Our users use their same credentials so that there's no new usernames or passwords to remember.,We've had a great experience with Zoom Rooms. Everyone who initiates a call uses the functionality because there's always a presentation or collaboration of some type. We are very satisfied with Zoom Rooms, which is a significant feature that our old provider didn't offer. We highly recommend Zoom Rooms for conferencing.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync),No,10,No,Every time. We've never come away from an email conversation or a conference call with Zoom with the feeling that we haven't been helped. Our issues have always been resolved--as few as there have been. Their support made sure our onboarding went smooth and that we were happy.Zoom is a great and feature rich tool. But a bit expensive too.Zoom is a great tool for virtual conferences and we use it alogside with Google Meet for the virtual meetings that we have. Many of our projects have people from distant places taking part in some roles of the project, so we use many tools for remote work workflow and Zoom is one of them.,The screensharing feature in Zoom is better than in other similar apps. Zoom has a great stability. Its rare to have problems with connection and stream fluidity. Zoom is simple to use and always connects well with audio, video and recording devices.,The first time that one of our partners use Zoom, sometimes they cannot configure well the app. I think Google Meet is simpler in that aspect. Zoom has limitations in the basic plans and the paid plans are expensive. So sometimes we use Google Meet because its integrated in our GSuite.,8,Zoom improves our collaboration in virtual meetings with its tools. We is a good tool for our workflow with a small cost.,I've never used Zoom Rooms.,appear.in and SkypeZoom is the one for enterprise conferencingWe are using Zoom at eSilicon for the whole company for: - instant messaging - audio conferencing - video conferencing - screen sharing Being a global company we need to have a state of the art conferencing system. I have noticed personally how the productivity and collaboration between remote teams has improved by adopting Zoom. The biggest difference from the previous conferencing solution is the quality in audio and screen sharing.,Audio quality is the best I experienced in many conferencing systems. If nobody is talking it is so quiet that you may think nobody is there. Screen sharing speed is almost instant. We got used to say this whenever we were starting screen share: "Please let me know when you see my screen". Now that is no longer needed. The ability to select live the speaker and microphone used is tremendous. I can switch during a meeting from headset to large speakers and even walk around the desk if I am not required to speak.,Instant chat is not quite instant. That is the reason its adoption for us is not high. The mobile app(Android) doesn't have all features as the desktop one and has some room for improvement, also the instant chat delay. The calendar in the app is not showing all Zoom meetings you have, just the ones you initiated, which is a little frustrating. It could be a great way to minimize the dependency on Outlook calendar.,10,Our collaboration with the remote teams and their productivity clearly increased due to the higher quality of Zoom. The in-meeting technical issues, like can't hear, can't join etc have greatly diminished which results in less time spent on meetings and more on the actual work. Initially we planned to use Zoom for instant chat also, however we are still stuck with Skype for Business(former Lync) due to some issues with Zoom instant chatting.,We recently installed 2 Zoom rooms but I did not use so far.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Skype and WebEx MeetingsAn Easy Choice, An Easy OptionIt is being used throughout our institution. It allows us to participate in video calls and view webinars via our Wi-Fi connection. It is an amazing tool that we use for communication and can be used anywhere. We can share videos and documents while sitting in the comfort of our own office or even from home.,Easy to download and easy to use. Convenient-it can be used anywhere, on demand, and allows for multiple users. Love being able to screen share and the quality is amazing! Can record the meeting/session.,I think it is probably our Wi-Fi but sometimes it takes a while to connect.,10,Zoom has provided a convenient way to communicate between campus locations. If someone cannot travel for a meeting, they can connect through Zoom and they are right there! Better communication includes better collaboration.,No, I have not but am going to look into it. It sounds interesting...,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and RingCentral MeetingsI'm definitely not using Zoom to it's full potentialWe have access to the platform at several of our campuses. It assists in planning system-wide meetings, conferences, Regents Meetings etc.,The screen sharing feature is great. It allows us to discuss logistical details without having to be in the same room. Easy access regardless of location. I can log in from my cell phone, desk top or a landline.,I've been using Zoom less than a year and it serves my purposes in its current incarnation. Our biggest challenge is internal hardware, we don't all have cameras at our workstations.,7,Improved collaboration for sure. But from the last page, I can tell my campus isn't using the full functionality of the system. Our main use is the online meeting where we can screen share ideas, etc.
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
Top Rated Award
Showing 212 of 561 Zoom ratings and reviews.
Kenneth Hess profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Zoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider pack"

Pros and Cons

• Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far.
  • Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service.
  • Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service.
  • Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++
  • We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo
November 26, 2018

Review: "Zoom is a great and feature rich tool. But a bit expensive too."

Pros and Cons

• The screensharing feature in Zoom is better than in other similar apps.
  • Zoom has a great stability. Its rare to have problems with connection and stream fluidity.
  • Zoom is simple to use and always connects well with audio, video and recording devices.
  • The first time that one of our partners use Zoom, sometimes they cannot configure well the app. I think Google Meet is simpler in that aspect.
  • Zoom has limitations in the basic plans and the paid plans are expensive. So sometimes we use Google Meet because its integrated in our GSuite.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Cristian Bodnarasec profile photo
November 19, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the one for enterprise conferencing"

Pros and Cons

• Audio quality is the best I experienced in many conferencing systems. If nobody is talking it is so quiet that you may think nobody is there.
  • Screen sharing speed is almost instant. We got used to say this whenever we were starting screen share: "Please let me know when you see my screen". Now that is no longer needed.
  • The ability to select live the speaker and microphone used is tremendous. I can switch during a meeting from headset to large speakers and even walk around the desk if I am not required to speak.
  • Instant chat is not quite instant. That is the reason its adoption for us is not high.
  • The mobile app(Android) doesn't have all features as the desktop one and has some room for improvement, also the instant chat delay.
  • The calendar in the app is not showing all Zoom meetings you have, just the ones you initiated, which is a little frustrating. It could be a great way to minimize the dependency on Outlook calendar.
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review
Sandi Ols profile photo
November 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "An Easy Choice, An Easy Option"

Pros and Cons

• Easy to download and easy to use.
  • Convenient-it can be used anywhere, on demand, and allows for multiple users.
  • Love being able to screen share and the quality is amazing!
  • Can record the meeting/session.
  • I think it is probably our Wi-Fi but sometimes it takes a while to connect.
Read Sandi Ols's full review
Lisa Walke profile photo
November 17, 2018

Review: "I'm definitely not using Zoom to it's full potential"

Pros and Cons

• The screen sharing feature is great. It allows us to discuss logistical details without having to be in the same room.
  • Easy access regardless of location. I can log in from my cell phone, desk top or a landline.
  • I've been using Zoom less than a year and it serves my purposes in its current incarnation. Our biggest challenge is internal hardware, we don't all have cameras at our workstations.
Read Lisa Walke's full review
Carl Sandhoff profile photo
October 11, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is THE Solution"

Pros and Cons

• Take advantage of the freemium solution Zoom offers to try it out. It is a full-featured, free version. The only limitation is the time for a meeting, which is 40 minutes. Do yourself a favor and try Zoom!
  • The interface is incredibly easy. The licensing is easy to understand. The administration doesn't take any special training. It just works. It makes sense. It does all of this while providing conferencing solutions at a fraction of the cost of the traditional players in this area.
  • More robust analytics on the backend would be nice. This doesn't impact how great the functionality is.
Read Carl Sandhoff's full review
Johny Jacques profile photo
October 11, 2018

User Review: "Still in love with Zoom 4+ years later"

Pros and Cons

• Zoom is very intuitive and the learning curve is absolutely the lowest I've experienced in any video conferencing solution.
  • Zoom's support is top notch, very responsive and friendly.
  • It's easy to develop relationships with our customer success managers and product managers. Zoom's culture makes it easy to become loyal customers and brag to others about the Zoom experience.
  • I am probably one of the more vocal customers in the past four years and some of the things I have been asking for and have yet to receive are: An easy portal to submit feature requests and track their statuses and be kept up on what is happening from a feature perspective. Zoom often releases updates without formal announcements not giving the system administrators and engineers time to fully test before deploy. I have 30 plus feature requests in to date and not sure I've seen progress on more then 2 or 3.
Read Johny Jacques's full review
JayJay Kim profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "Zoom in!"

Pros and Cons

• Ease of Use - The most non-technical users are able to pick up and use zoom easily
  • Listen to Customers - Zoom listens to what customers need and want particularly well. It is a customer based product. It seems like common sense that product should be customer focused, but you don't see that a lot in other companies.
  • Stability - Zoom has not had a major outage for the 3 years we've used them.
  • UI refresh. It's getting a little old and could use the screen real estate a little better.
  • More advanced features. As zoom grows, it has all the basics covered and could do better with advanced features. Some examples are NDI integration, building out a broadcast system like Skype TX, room usage report, etc.
Read JayJay Kim's full review
Traci Bean profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "Zoom-tastic!"

Pros and Cons

• Screen sharing is especially easy to use and allows our providers the flexibility they need to move between activities quickly and seamlessly.
  • The annotate feature is helpful when teaching students writing skills and in completing online worksheets and other educational activities.
  • Scheduling is easy when we use the recurring event feature since we typically see the same student at the same time each week.
  • When using the AirShare on an iPad, there doesn't seem to be anyway to allow the sharing of app functionality.
  • Sometimes the annotate feature is difficult to find.
Read Traci Bean's full review
Eric Weiss profile photo
June 15, 2018

Zoom Review: "Sharing your screen, not your pain"

Pros and Cons

• Zoom has a really nice user interface that I find simple to use.
  • The connection to Zoom has been very stable in my experience.
  • Zoom works really well on both Mac and PC. I've also heard it runs pretty well on Linux (I do not have any experience with the Linux version).
  • I may not be seeing it in the app, but I would love if Zoom was able to provide details about what kind of device someone is using when I try to support them. Examples include what version of a browser someone is using, what OS they're running - anything that prevents me from having to ask the same questions over and over again.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
Peter Filias profile photo
June 14, 2018

Review: "Zoom is amazing - no other call platform compares!"

Pros and Cons

• Zoom is extremely easy to set up. It only took about 3s from downloading to installing.
  • Zoom is extremely small. The download was tiny, less than 10MB in size!
  • The call quality with a reasonable internet connection is extremely good. I've rarely had issues with call quality.
  • Zoom could do a better job with moving some of the calls to action buttons in easier to see areas. Every now and then folks can't initially find where to click to share their screen.
  • I'd like to the ability to paste images into the chat.
  • It would be nice if the chat transcript could be downloaded for the host. I haven't seen this offered.
Read Peter Filias's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
June 14, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is Your Remote Consulting Friend"

Pros and Cons

• It takes under a minute to set up a link to email to clients. That's great, especially when you're in the middle of a call and need clients to jump on the computer with you.
  • I'm not particularly fond of being on camera, so it's easy to use Zoom without it.
  • The free version is pretty robust, but at $15/mo, upgrading isn't a big issue.
  • It's a significant part of my marketing stack, and I recommend it all the time.
  • This is a rare thing to say, because I'm always evaluating low-cost marketing software, but I haven't found any problems yet. Could be because I haven't moved beyond the Web conferencing features.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Kerry Floyd profile photo
September 21, 2018

User Review: "Get meetings done at Zoom speed :)"

• Simple setup
  • Very reliable
  • Clear image quality
  • Nothing! This is a very reliable product.
Read Kerry Floyd's full review
Gary Hirschfeld profile photo
September 18, 2018

Review: "Zoom is not only the best but it also does not break the bank"

• Video Calling.
  • Recordings are easy and quality is great. The recording of video and audio separately (and together) is automatic and very useful.
  • We like the waiting room feature
  • The product is free
  • We use the paid account. Having a one hour meeting in the free account would be helpful for some but for us, it is affordable at the cost per month.
  • The storage of the recording could be done real time instead of at the end of the meeting. This delays us leaving the meeting because we have to wait for the recording to finish.
Read Gary Hirschfeld's full review
Stacy Brookman profile photo
August 10, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the best option for virtual meeting and recording"

Pros and Cons

• Simple to use - This is one of the easiest solutions to communication of all the options I've tried.
  • Capture video and audio separately - I like to edit my audio and then match it up with my video. I can do that with each speaker separately so if a noise happens on one audio, I can mute it.
  • Reliable - I have never had a dropped video recording (except if my guest has bad internet).
  • I would love it if when one speaker speaks, the other speaker volume isn't "dimmed". Sometimes we talk over each other and my guest volume goes down. Sometimes it's just a noise on my part. That makes it hard to get good audio during those times from my guest.
Read Stacy Brookman's full review
Prasanna Nattuthurai profile photo
November 27, 2018

User Review: "Why Zoom and how I used it?"

Pros and Cons

• Share screen and remote control.
  • Group Conference within meeting groups.
  • Audio quality.
  • Ability to stop recording sessions by Admin.
Read Prasanna Nattuthurai's full review
Bridgette Reynolds profile photo
August 01, 2018

"Zoom Review"

• The waiting room - great feature
  • Breakout rooms - such a great idea. I haven't used it yet, but I do have plans to
  • Webinar features
  • Being able to toggle back and forth between personal and business account (maybe you can do this, but I'm not sure how!)
  • Incorporating Zoom into our platform so our clients can use it directly there with their students they work with
Read Bridgette Reynolds's full review
Shalindra Singh profile photo
July 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "Excellent UX and Best Priced Meeting Collaboration"

Pros and Cons

• Audio and video conference are excellent
  • The mobile app is great
  • It is lightweight and you can have lots of automation like the auto dial into particular number etc.
  • You can personalize the URL which is easy to remember also.
  • Sharing the screen during the meeting is easy and works well.
  • Zoom consumes lots of power/battery while running either on laptop or mobile.
  • Zoom requires some work to be effective with televisions during a video conference.
  • Sharing of content among Zoom participants should be possible and personalized.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
Emily Muhoberac profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best Video Conferencing Platform on the Market"

Pros and Cons

• Reliability -- We very rarely have technical support issues with our Zoom conferences, which ensures all our meetings are as efficient as possible. This is by far the most important reason we use Zoom.
  • Scalability -- You can have up to 500 people on a call (which we will probably never have). That said, because of its scalability, we rarely have to think about whether we can or cannot use Zoom for our current meeting structure.
  • Pricing Model -- By offering a free platform, we are able to provide Zoom access to all our teams, while only upgrading to Pro for the teams that need specific feature-sets.
  • The only thing I dislike about Zoom is when joining a conference, I'm never sure whether it's going to launch the camera or not. Sometimes we use Zoom for just audio, and having your face appear on camera when you weren't anticipating isn't great (especially when you didn't dress up for the meeting)
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Matthew Cordova profile photo
July 14, 2018

User Review: "Be a training aficionado with ZOOM"

Pros and Cons

• Oh wow- easy to use and navigate
  • Interface was snappy- just a polished and professional looking product
  • It was not resource intensive. In comparison - It just seemed like GoToMeeting or BlueJeans were really laggy
  • I felt like it was too pricey compared to other enterprise options
  • Recording feature leaves much to be desired
Read Matthew Cordova's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "The High Quality Video Conferencing Solution"

Pros and Cons

• Works on just about every device: Mobile phones, computers, and conference rooms.
  • High-quality video: the Zoom video conference equipment is class-leading, and there always seems to be a high-quality stream to every device.
  • The Chrome extension: The Zoom Chrome extension enables users to effortlessly add a Zoom meeting from within the Google Calendar.
  • It would be helpful if there was an option to view all/most meeting participants on the screen at one time, this seems to be an issue when there are more then 3 participants.
  • When someone wants to share their screen it can be overly complicated - there should be an icon available in the corner to do it in one easy step.
  • Some of our vendors have a hard time getting Zoom work using the online meeting invite links.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño profile photo
July 02, 2018

Review: "Zoom will leverage your business communication platform!"

Pros and Cons

• The Video Conference options are quite remarkable since you can do multi site live video conference and that saves a lot of time and effort.
  • The Web Conference is just amazing for allowing you to share docs, presentations or to just share your desktop.
  • The security stands out and is so far reliable allowing you to get the required privacy to establish a secure communication line.
  • Zoom for sure can get more intuitive with an explicit menu for web Zoom meeting rooms.
  • The Record feature can get also an improvement since I'd like to have the option to add a note during the time lapse of the recording, that will make the process of doing a minute after a meeting of a video conference call easier.
  • Sharing background audio is way too far complex for a basic user, I'd like to see those features in a menu that can teach you how to use them.
Read Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño's full review
Jennifer Steffens profile photo
June 27, 2018

User Review: "Zoom! or Zoom?"

Pros and Cons

• Zoom allows for the easy sharing of screens from one person to another - this is helpful if members are scattered in different places and you don't want to share documents, but you do want to see what others are doing.
  • Zoom is easy to download and start running if the person on the other end does not have it. The application is extremely user-friendly and super simple for most people to download and use.
  • Unlike other webinar features, this doesn't seem to have a text/messaging app built into it. I think that this would be a helpful piece that Zoom could have built in.
  • The camera/video feature for facetime-like interaction is not the easiest to turn on and off. It is nice, but hard to use.
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
Michael Ball-Marian profile photo
June 27, 2018

Review: "Zoom - a new leader in the teleconference space!"

• Excellent call quality
  • Excellent video quality
  • Good plugins/extensions for things like a calendar.
  • Nothing really! They've got it covered and do it well. They integrate with all manner of voice systems, including SIP.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
Lilia Borisova profile photo
June 27, 2018

Zoom Review: "Great quality for good price"

Pros and Cons

• Very good quality conference calls
  • Nice pricing comparing to what other providers offer
  • Awesome customer support, never had an issue with them
  • User Interface not very friendly, needed some time to find everything
  • A few times at the beginning of scheduled calls, the video turned on without even asking me, which was very uncomfortable. I fixed this issue in settings
  • Needs more advertisement so more of my clients and partners will use it
Read Lilia Borisova's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.