Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZooooooom is greatOur entire organization uses Zoom. I don't know what Zoom does differently from Google Hangouts but it's waaaaaay better. Zoom is lighting fast and very good at maintaining a stable connection. I'm a fan.,Fast, reliable, high-quality and dead simple to use.,They could use a little design help on the UI side. It's not the most well laid out and the usability is a little wonky. Guessing it's an engineering led company.,10,Since we have 5 offices around the world, we rely on Zoom everyday. Without it, we would have a tough time getting things done. Being able to screen-share and discuss materials with someone across the globe is a huge improvement to our collaboration.,RingCentral and Google HangoutsZoom ReviewWe use it for any calls with customers, prospects or internally when people are on the road. Additionally, we use it for meetings to have a video component. Lastly, we use it to record conversations for future reference so we can go back listen to anything important that we may have missed.,Record meetings Makes calls easy Simple video conference,Sometimes starting a meeting has to happen and otherwise, it doesn't, this may be a bug that needs to be fixed Recordings aren't always where I thought Video isn't always perfect quality,7,Improved ability to communicate with prospects, clients and internal Minimal resources needed to setup/maintain Easy to use,Nope,Join.me,Concur ExpenseZoom packs a powerful punchZoom is used by our entire organization. So far since Zoom's enterprise-wide implementation, there have been minimal issues. Most issues tend to be the result of user-error. Zoom provides an easy-to-use conferencing capability to any individual who wants to host a multi-user conference with both internal and external participants.,High quality audio and video calling Easy to set up any type of hardware Mobile app is top class,Some sort of master volume compressor to keep all participants at the same volume level,9,Zoom has made working remote for our team much easier Improved collaboration with internal and external stakeholdersZoom has been a great company decisionZoom is our official video-conference application. It is used company-wide. All client-facing personnel have an account, and all department leaders (even if they don't talk directly to clients) have an account as well. The one thing we are solving is making it easy for our clients and potential clients to join a call with us. They just have to follow a link on the calendar invites. Also, we improved a lot the quality of our calls, video calls, and screen sharing. It just works. In the years using it, I have never had a single quality or disconnection problem while using Zoom.,Before Zoom we tried a bunch of other online calling and video conference services. A LOT of them. The minute we started using Zoom we said "this is the one" and the reason why we like it so much is pretty simple. In fact are the only two things you are looking for to have with a video conference system: (1) stability on the calls and (2) easy to share and log in for invitees. The quality of the calls is really high. In the year+ using it I have never had poor quality on calls.,The only thing we dislike about zoom is the User Interface. It looks really ugly. Doesn't look like a modern digital product. They could really use some help in designing a new user interface and a new look and feel. Their UX is actually fine. Is the UI the one that we don't like.,10,We were able to standardize zoom as our only call/video conference tool. Before zoom everyone had a personal favorite. With Zoom nobody argues anymore about which one is better. This is the one. We do video calls every single day with existing clients. Before Zoom this was a huge pain for us and it affected the delivery of our service. Zoom today is preponderant to the quality of our service. Zoom has always given good impression to our clients (to the ones that didn't know it before). Because of Zoom, we have managed to actually remove the pain of conference call with clients. "I can't hear you" "is breaking up" "I can't connect" ... those are things I haven't heard in a while.,We just started to use it for our on-site conference room. It is amazing. We have an iPad in a nice stand on the center of the room and there are no instructions on how to use it and everyone has been able to use it while in the room without guidance. It has been a really good experience so far.,UberConference and Skype,Slack, Pardot, Yesware, Trello, Calendly, PandaDoc,60,,Sales calls Project calls with clients Remote teams conferencing,The Zoom Room The webinars,10Zoom has revolutionized my teaching experience.I personally use Zoom as a tool for teaching seminar material to students. It allows me to use a live format for my instruction, and addresses the problem of reaching students across states and countries.,Zoom is an excellent communication tool. It provides me with a way to show material to the students via the screen-share aspect. Each presentation I have I am impressed with the ability to also use a chat box with a variety of functions including sending messages to the entire group or to particular individuals Zoom also allows individual groups to meet and discuss particular problems and then come back to the whole group to present solutions and new ideas. Zoom's ability to easily invite all participants is wonderful. The platform itself is very user friendly!,I have not found any problems with using Zoom at all!,10,Zoom has revolutionized my business. I am now able to have live contact with students, and this has helped me to improve my classes.
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 645 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings

July 13, 2018

Zoom Review: "Zooooooom is great"

• Fast, reliable, high-quality and dead simple to use.
  • They could use a little design help on the UI side. It's not the most well laid out and the usability is a little wonky. Guessing it's an engineering led company.
June 14, 2018

"Zoom Review"

• Record meetings
  • Makes calls easy
  • Simple video conference
  • Sometimes starting a meeting has to happen and otherwise, it doesn't, this may be a bug that needs to be fixed
  • Recordings aren't always where I thought
  • Video isn't always perfect quality
It does everything I need it to in terms of scheduling and taking calls/meetings. I also think it is a great reference point for future calls based on the recordings. Zoom is a basic tool that serves fully its purpose.
May 25, 2018

User Review: "Zoom packs a powerful punch"

• High quality audio and video calling
  • Easy to set up any type of hardware
  • Mobile app is top class
  • Some sort of master volume compressor to keep all participants at the same volume level
Zoom is well-suited for any group or large organization looking for powerful conferencing capabilities.
Nicolas Costa Ossa profile photo
January 26, 2018

User Review: "Zoom has been a great company decision"

• Before Zoom we tried a bunch of other online calling and video conference services. A LOT of them. The minute we started using Zoom we said "this is the one" and the reason why we like it so much is pretty simple. In fact are the only two things you are looking for to have with a video conference system: (1) stability on the calls and (2) easy to share and log in for invitees.
  • The quality of the calls is really high. In the year+ using it I have never had poor quality on calls.
  • The only thing we dislike about zoom is the User Interface. It looks really ugly. Doesn't look like a modern digital product. They could really use some help in designing a new user interface and a new look and feel. Their UX is actually fine. Is the UI the one that we don't like.
This is a no-brainer if your process depends on this type of communication, that is calls or video calls. So sales people, demo teams, marketing teams for webinars, account managers, delivery teams, project managers... etc. It's also awesome for team conferencing, in case you have people sitting in different cities/places, which is our case and it works perfectly.
Read Nicolas Costa Ossa's full review
Bonnie Gonzalez profile photo
November 03, 2017

Review: "Zoom has revolutionized my teaching experience."

• Zoom is an excellent communication tool. It provides me with a way to show material to the students via the screen-share aspect.
  • Each presentation I have I am impressed with the ability to also use a chat box with a variety of functions including sending messages to the entire group or to particular individuals
  • Zoom also allows individual groups to meet and discuss particular problems and then come back to the whole group to present solutions and new ideas.
  • Zoom's ability to easily invite all participants is wonderful. The platform itself is very user friendly!
  • I have not found any problems with using Zoom at all!
My particular use of Zoom is very structured and suits my needs quite well. As for other uses I would image that with any type of meeting or presentation Zoom could be used.
Read Bonnie Gonzalez's full review
Michael Kim profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Zoom is by FAR the best web conference tool out there! It's AMAZING!"

Zoom is being used across our whole organization. It's solving a huge business problem by allowing us to have a reliable web conference that provides extremely clear video during video conferences, while also having very few technical issues.

We have also held webinars with more than 100 viewers. Our customers have rarely had issues joining our Zoom conferences for calls as well. Zoom is used for all of our internal meetings, customer calls, sales calls, etc. It's extremely easy to install and use. It's MUCH better than GoToMeeting, WebEx, Blue Jeans, or ANY other web conference tool out there!
  • It's extremely easy to install and very intuitive to use.
  • The video quality is unparalleled. We've used other web conference tools in the past, and the video quality used to be grainy or laggy. Zoom is awesome, and you'll be very pleased with the video quality.
  • Zoom Rooms are AWESOME for larger companies because you can just walk into your meetings, press "Start," and start your video conference meeting!
  • The Zoom Scheduler Chrome extension isn't perfect. When you make a Zoom meeting from a calendar event, the Zoom meeting doesn't have all of the settings applied to it. It doesn't automatically record to cloud, although my Zoom account meeting settings are set to automatically do so.
  • One or two customers have ran into technical issues with Zoom. They absolutely couldn't install it, and they had to dial in using the conference numbers. Although extremely rare, I guess some computers just can't work with Zoom. It may have been a network issue, but we're not sure.
  • Zoom Rooms can be quite expensive, but absolutely worth it. Smaller companies likely can't shell out the dough for this, however.
Zoom is well suited for mid- to large-sized companies because it helps employees connect with their colleagues who may be located in other offices. In addition, Zoom allows you to hold large webinars or conference calls. It's extremely reliable and provides very high-quality video that can be automatically recorded to the cloud or locally. It's less appropriate for smaller companies because it may be expensive, and may not be as useful since meetings can be held in person.
Yes, we've been using Zoom Rooms ever since we switched over to Zoom. We're extremely satisfied with the Zoom Rooms. However, there have been some technical issues recently with the audio, and we found out that we need to upgrade them. Our CSM notified us that we can get them upgraded for free - we would just need a Zoom technician to come over and upgrade the software.
Read Michael Kim's full review
Steena Brown profile photo
October 31, 2017

Review: "I fell in love with the simplicity and power of Zoom..."

I am a life coach who hosts individual and group video sessions on zoom. Zoom is the most reliable platform I have found that is easy to use for my clients no matter what technology they have access to (phone, computer, etc.). My recordings always come out well and I love that the audio is already split from the video when it downloads!
  • Recording calls is really easy - you can even make it automatic!
  • Clients can join from the Zoom app on desktop or mobile - OR - they can call in from a regular phone line, even internationally!
  • Same Zoom room number every time, so I can create a custom re-direct link using bit.ly or my website that is easy to remember and give to clients
  • I would love to be able to add words/images to the Zoom screen so that the recording would already have a title
  • Keyboard shortcuts or a way to flip between screen sharing and not screen sharing quickly would be really nice for presentations
  • When my Zoom files save they just have the date on them, I'd like to be prompted to name the file folder immediately after the call is ended so I don't have to hunt down the correct date afterwards
If you're looking for a reliable video call platform, especially for groups, Zoom is a clear winner! I can't think of a scenario where Zoom is less appropriate for use. The upgrades that are available for Zoom for livestreaming and webinars make Zoom functional for a variety of needs and sizes of businesses.
No, I only use my main Zoom room functionality.
Read Steena Brown's full review
Corey Calder profile photo
October 31, 2017

Review: "Zoom is zooming past the competition :)"

Zoom is being used across our entire organization. We initially bought it for our sales and customer success teams, but since we have other departments often engaging with others, it was an easy decision to expand to almost everyone at the company except our development team. We also have leveraged Zoom for Webinars, but it most often is used for one-to-one meetings with customers or prospects.

Zoom helps us connect easily with customers on a conference line. We can either view the other individual with the camera or just use voice. We also have the ability to easily record the call or demo so we can send them a link and review it later. It is a conferencing platform with a lot of options to solve various needs and also is cost effective.
  • Easy to join the conference line for all attendees. A simple hyperlink brings a viewer into the conference line.
  • Solid connection. I've used several different conference lines and while none has been perfect, Zoom has proved to be very reliable. When there are issues, it's often wifi or network issues on either side, but it's far more rare than the platform issues I'd see with other providers.
  • Options. Zoom lets you use video, screen share, talk, record, chat. It has all the options we were looking for and also at an affordable price. We love the options as it helps us get value for various types of meetings whether internal or external. Other platforms provide just audio and no video or ability to record visuals. Zoom provides it all and is also competitively priced.
  • Value for the price. To get all of these features with other platforms, you have to pay a premium and the software also feels clunky and isn't in an enjoyable UI.
  • Direct line for each rep. With UberConference I was able to have a unique direct line that recipients could call and not need to put in a pin or meeting ID. It was easy for me to join and easy for others. I loved that. Zoom uses general lines and then requires you enter a pin and a participant ID. It takes a few steps to get into a line.
  • Hold music. Zoom doesn't provide hold music, just silence. I also loved this about UberConference. Not only could you have hold music, you could upload your own songs. I had this great Italian song that a lot of people loved and enjoyed. Silence is pretty bland. This might be available in a more premium package, but I'm not sure.
Zoom is great for sales, customer success, support, marketing or any engagement taking place from one location to another via teleconferencing. It fits great for demos that you need to record or want the ability to when asked. It is great for internal meetings as well when you are at different locations. Zoom also has an app for mobile devices so you can easily join or start a meeting on the road.

Zoom isn't as great for quick, simple meetings. It can take a few minutes to get a meeting started and others joined.
Read Corey Calder's full review
Joan Hughes profile photo
October 31, 2017

"A Coach's Review of Zoom"

I use Zoom for all coaching sessions with my clients. I also use it to speak with prospective clients.
  • I appreciate the video and audio quality of Zoom meetings.
  • There are lots of features that I love about Zoom. It's great to be able to screen share, turn off video if desired, make recordings of meetings, call in from a phone, and much more.
  • I got the Pro account so that the length of meetings is unlimited.
  • Zoom is great for group meetings, as well. Sometimes we have people from all around the world on the same call, and being able to see who is speaking is a real bonus. It's also possible to assign somebody else as the host if I have to leave the meeting unexpectedly.
  • I'd like to be able to remove my image box during a recording, when I'm using Zoom to record a video.
  • I think that the audio quality when screen sharing a video could be improved.
I use Zoom exclusively in my business for group calls and for coaching sessions with my clients. Zoom is perfect for my purposes, since it permits people to either call in by phone if they're away from their computers or participate by computer. It also allows those who prefer not to be seen to turn off their video. I find that there is a much better chance of people getting to know one another through Zoom calls, where most people can be seen as they participate, than on conference calls.

The audio and video quality are excellent. Screen share is a real bonus. And calls can be recorded. This means that I can also use Zoom to make videos for training and marketing.

There's a lot more that I could say. I highly recommend looking into Zoom. It has a lot of features that I haven't even started to use. So you'll want to check them out.
Read Joan Hughes's full review
Tim Brownson - Life Coach Trainer profile photo
October 31, 2017

Zoom Review: "Simply The Best Video Conferencing Service I Have Ever Used"

I use Zoom to train other life, business and wellness coaches on a weekly basis with usually between 10 and 12 people on a call all using the camera so we can interact easily. I also now use it as my preferred method of meeting with clients and even doing consultations.
  • Zoom is incredibly stable. In 3 years of using it multiple times per week it has never failed me for any other reason than I had a poor Internet connection.
  • Zoom is also very easy for clients to use as all they need to do is click on the link and there's no need to download an app.
  • The screen share facility is also very easy to use and provides a lot of benefits.
  • It would be cool to be able to adjust screen size for the person leading the process so it is obvious to everybody on the call.
I originally signed up for Zoom just take over from GoToMeeting for my training sessions, but I never realized the benefits of using it to work one-on-one with clients. It's so easy to use that I do not have to worry about non-techie clients getting confused and it is way more stable than Skype.
Don't use.
Read Tim Brownson - Life Coach Trainer's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
January 25, 2018

Zoom Review: "Very Powerful and Affordable Video Conferencing Toolset"

Before Zoom, we conducted our recurring client meetings with phone calls and used another (expensive) product called Join.me for screen sharing. Now we instead use Zoom for both the "meeting" part with audio and video participation by the attendees as well as for the screen sharing part of the meetings. Zoom's integration of the interpersonal part of meetings as well as the screen sharing part make it much more effective for us for such meetings. There is something more powerful in video meetings, a very human effect that helps to solidify and maintain the personal relationships that we have with our clients.
  • With Zoom we can both SEE and hear the other person(s) with whom we're communicating.
  • The screen sharing tools in Zoom make it much easier for everyone to share their screens, compared to Join.me which makes is mostly easy for the presenter to share their screen.
  • I participate in a growing number of online video "hangouts" in which many participants share ideas and help, and the tools in zoom such as screen sharing and chat tools make it easier and more effective for the participants in those group meetings.
  • Zoom's onscreen controls that appear during screen shares frequently end up being in the way. While it's not hard to move them manually with the mouse, it would be nice for there to be an option where those controls might automatically move out of the way when the mouse is moved such that it's hovering over them.
Well suited: just about any meeting where the participants cannot be physically present together in one place and where there is high-speed internet access available.

Not well suited: none, except in cases where high-speed internet access is not available for video and screen sharing. Even then, though, you can conduct audio conference calls between two or more people calling in to Zoom.
So far, we have not used them to initiate meetings. We have been invited to conversations which I speculated were probably being conducted in Zoom Rooms, though. In those situations, for us as participants, we were very satisfied.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Ron Rothstain profile photo
January 23, 2018

"Zoom review"

We use it for scheduling conferences with prospective students who do not live locally and are interested in our program. I know our department uses it, as well as, a couple other business departments. I am not sure of its implementation across campus. We love the ability to have multiple people be on the same video conference,
  • Easy to use and set up
  • Great video and audio quality
  • Can share screens with multiple users
  • Occasionally has technical issues.
  • Sometimes we have bandwidth usage issues
Great for having conferences or meetings with multiple users. Perhaps, less ideal for one-on-one meetings.
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
John Predmore profile photo
January 22, 2018

Review: "Zoom - probably the best collaboration software you're not using"

We use Zoom for collaboration and conferencing with several partners. I've found it to be an excellent solution in this very crowded space. One of my favorite things about Zoom is that I feel it has all of the features I want and need without a bunch of extra junk i will never use.
  • One of the things I think Zoom does very well is the VOIP feature. I have several different audio peripherals on my PC and many solutions I've used seem to struggle when selecting/switching between them. So when I discover a solution that works well it makes an impression.
  • I find Zoom's feature set to be spot on. It has everything I need in a simple user interface. But it leaves out things that I'd likely never ruse and clutter up the UI.
  • I normally can come up with at least one area for improvement with anything, but to be honest - I just can't here. It's a solid solution.
I feel that Zoom is an excellent solution for SMB, and small enterprise. It could even be great for medium and large enterprise, but I feel there are some features WebEx brings to the table that make sense at that scale.
Read John Predmore's full review
Bryan Gorham profile photo
January 17, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is great, when it's working"

We used WebEx before switching to Zoom. I was not a part of the buying or decision making process, but I do use Zoom often as I work in our East Coast office as opposed to our CA HQ. It makes it easy to have meetings with other colleagues and prospects.
  • Very convenient
  • High quality video
  • Easy to schedule and set up meetings on their platform
  • The Zoom Rooms are extremely error prone.
  • We very commonly have technical difficulties.
  • Not sure how to even contact support.
  • People who aren't sitting close to the microphone are difficult to hear on the other end.
Zoom is well-suited for companies that have a lot of remote employees or different office locations. It's just really tough when a meeting has to get pushed because you are having technical difficulties. It's also not great for sharing screens when you want to "extend" your screen, it only allows you to duplicate.
The Zoom Rooms are great for going in and sharing screens in a meeting or having a meeting with full teams in different locations. However, it is very common that the audio will simply not work and we have to manually dial in. This also hurts the audio quality when you manually dial.
Read Bryan Gorham's full review
Dain Bigler profile photo
January 05, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is better than all the rest"

Zoom is being used across our organization, especially in the sales organization. We were using another conferencing company, GoToMeeting (GTM), and having issues with connections on a frequent basis. Zoom has had a better connection since we have been using it which allows our team to utilize the video feature, which we could not before with GTM.
  • The video feature is great and easy to use.
  • Their connection process is much easier.
  • The fluidity of their platform is easy to use and aesthetics are nice.
  • When other notifications on your computer pop-up during the call it can mess up with Bluetooth headsets.
  • If you are logged into your own Zoom account and try to open another one sometimes it won't connect correctly.
Zoom is well suited when you are using it for sales calls. One reason is that you are able to show the prospect your face which "humanizes" yourself well over the phone. Another reason is sharing your screen is very easy to do and Zoom makes it easy for other people to share their screens also.
I have not used them yet.
Read Dain Bigler's full review
Greg Larsen profile photo
January 03, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best screen share software for fast-paced SaaS companies"

At Lingotek, we use Zoom across our entire company to provide the most user-friendly experience for both our employees as well as the people that they are connecting with. We are a worldwide company with many of our employees working remotely. Zoom allows us to stay connected as an organization as well as connect with our clients across the world with little to no interruption of business.
  • Easy to share your screen or pass screen share controls to others without large downloads needed.
  • The admin dashboard is vital to our success. It allows our admins to diagnose any connection issues live and troubleshoot the cause in real time.
  • Customizable settings. All of our employees use Zoom for different purposes. The Customizable Settings allow employees to turn off video, mute participants upon joining, store recordings in the cloud, have virtual backgrounds for calls, and more. Each employee can choose their own meeting experience based on their needs and their client's needs.
  • Fortunately, I have not found anything that has been hard to use or missing for my experience with Zoom
Zoom is well suited for most screen share and conferencing needs. We have found it easy to onboard, easy to use and easy to manage across multiple departments. It integrates with both Outlook and Gmail so that you can work with Zoom seamlessly. We use it across our Sales, Marketing, Technical Sales, Services, Engineering and Executive teams.
Read Greg Larsen's full review
Swagata Bhattacharyya profile photo
January 02, 2018

Zoom Review: "See, share, record"

We have a globally distributed team and use Zoom for both our internal calls as well as client calls. The screen sharing feature is really useful and we also record the calls for future reference. It's good to see the team members of other locations on video calls as well. Next, we are planning to use the Zoom API in one of our projects for text messaging through a website.
  • Call recordings - we record all our scrum calls and especially the calls where we have to discuss new requirements. That way we don't have to worry about something that may get missed out while taking notes.
  • Screen sharing - when we have calls with clients and they are reporting some issue or requirement in the system, they show us the problem via screen sharing. That way there's no gap in our understanding and we can avoid wasting time going back and forth due to miscommunication.
  • No connection issues - we haven't had any instances of connection dropping during the calls which is great. Our calls are typically 5-8 members but we have tried Zoom with ~25 participants without any issues.
  • If you pause a call recording for a certain amount of time, it would be great if there's a notification somewhere that it is paused. A few times when I was hosting a call, I paused it while waiting for all participants to join but then forgot to resume recording.
  • When a message is received on chat, it sometimes gets missed. A more prominent notification (blinking/popup etc.) may be helpful.
Zoom is well suited for meetings between participants in different locations. I sometimes use it just for screen recordings with audio to share it later as well (i.e. start a meeting where I am the only participant).
Read Swagata Bhattacharyya's full review
Andrea Hill profile photo
December 20, 2017

Zoom Review: "Stop dreading video conferencing"

We use Zoom all the time. We use it for client meetings, and we also use it when we conduct customer interviews on behalf of our clients (one of our main services). Zoom is great because it lets us feel like we're meeting face-to-face. I recently met with a client in person after ~20 hours of Zoom meetings and it felt like we already knew each other!

Zoom is great because I can have a dedicated meeting ID to share with people. It's very easy to launch the meetings off desktop or mobile, and it offers to record. Honestly, I use the recording to make my own online videos. No one else is on the "conference", but the recording works just great!
  • Dedicated meeting ID to share with attendees
  • High quality video
  • Phone number for dial-in
  • Recording
  • Zoom tries to be too smart with "mobile usage". I was sitting in my car, parked, and it kept trying to mute me (to block out ambient noise). Very distracting!
  • Ideally, others should be able to start recordings.
Zoom is great for remote teams. Its video is great, but it's also good for screen sharing. I honestly cringe when someone sends over an Uberconference link. Zoom is so much better - AND has a decent 'free' version. I don't know why someone would pick a different solution!
Read Andrea Hill's full review
Kelsie Hamilton profile photo
December 05, 2017

User Review: "Zoom- Always comes through"

We chat with a lot of non-profit organizations overseas. We first started investigating video conferencing services when security in China became more and more challenging to us, trying to reach our partners. Within the organization, only the program team uses it regularly, as they're most often in contact with our partners overseas. We had been frequently using Skype (and I still use that on occasion), but we wanted something more robust, with better connectivity than Skype, which is where Zoom entered the scene.
  • Screen Share
  • Polls
  • Internet Connectivity
  • Shifting between screen shares
  • Video Conference ID is sometimes difficult for people to locate and connect
  • Some of the interface can feel a bit outdated
It's well suited if you're on a call with more than a single person. And especially if you're worried about Internet connectivity on either side. I haven't experienced any challenges with Zoom there. It's less appropriate if you're using it like once or twice a month (not worth the price) and/or if you're only calling with one person at a time.
No, I don't use Zoom Rooms yet.
Read Kelsie Hamilton's full review
Dr.Dave Hillis profile photo
November 14, 2017

Review: "If you don't have Zoom on your team....Your competitor that wins already had it!"

Zoom had literally transformed my practice! The global stage is now my outreach and marketing demographic. I am able to offer coaching, counseling, and therapies online through Zoom’s platform. The most exciting aspect is that I am able to offer Hypnosis Sessions Live through Zoom!! I am able to use the screen sharing feature to pipe in the hypnosis music during the live session; able to “Lock” the meeting which is their session for HIPPA compliance; and its recorded so they get a copy of their session. The integration for such an amazing format is spectacular and robust with functionality with out much technical skill needed to deliver stellar presentation and sessions for my clients and students! LOVE LOVE LOVE this incredible tool for my practice!
  • It still makes me shake my head at how robust this format is and all the features it provides for such an insanely affordable service/expense for my business!
  • The ongoing training and rescourses that Zoom offers for the success of all its users is impressive! Never have I felt more supported with a product and confident that any concerns will be addressed swiftly and effeciantly!
  • The product for webinars is pricy for a small business owner...if that could be adjusted for small business that would be a huge benefit and not only myself but many global clients I have would begin using that format as well, if the price was adjusted.
Zoom is a terrific complement to quite a few aspects of my business. I use it for consultations for clients globally, I use it for workshops and classes, and I use it to deliver distant hypnosis sessions for clients.
Read Dr.Dave Hillis's full review
Richard A. Germaine profile photo
November 10, 2017

Review: "Zoom speeds up my meeting opportunities"

We use it across the entire organization. It enables us to bring together at the same time our various regional directors from different parts of the country. In doing so it saves us significant amounts of travel expense, etc.
  • One of the things it does very well is allow screen sharing so that we can work on the same materials at the same time.
  • Another thing it allows is for us to build relationships far more effectively than any other means except in person. It is prohibitively expensive for us to fly all of our regional directors to the same location more than once a year.
  • I'm not sure this is a Zoom issue, but one of the problems we periodically have is sound distortion. The only way we have been able to cope with it is to have everyone mute their mike until it is their turn to speak, or until they want to say something.
  • When using screen share with multiple choices I find that when I have finished a YouTube video presentation I want to go back to another element of screen share, such as a document, it is difficult to find precisely where to shut down the one presentation so that I can pick up immediately with the document on screen share. This might be more a YouTube issue, as it happens to me most of the time when I'm coming off a YouTube presentation.
Zoom is well suited for our particular situations, which is that we have regional directors in several different states. In order for us to meet together periodically, there is no better tool than Zoom. It also seems to work well whether some of us are on PCs and others are on iPhones, etc.
Read Richard A. Germaine's full review
Sandra Irwin-Lockie profile photo
November 10, 2017

User Review: "My Love for Zoom!"

I use Zoom weekly, my business is only me! It addresses geographical challenges and allows us all to come together from a great distance.
  • Brings people together easily & it's free for those attending my meetings.
  • Allows me to record and share my meetings with those who couldn't attend.
  • Allows me to share PowerPoints etc., with the shared screen, again, very easy!
  • I am pleased with how it works!
  • I haven't found a time when it wasn't well suited.
  • One other person, a group of people, even just me making a recording that I want to share to my team at a later time!
  • It has been and is a great asset to my business.
Read Sandra Irwin-Lockie's full review
Christine Guenette profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Zoom simplified my meetings with people from all over the world"

I use Zoom at every level of my business, from meetings with collaborators, to recording interviews, to meeting with clients. Zoom helps me connect with people from all over the world.
  • The connection is reliable, stable, and seamless - even when I can't control the quality of the internet connection of those I'm connecting with.
  • I love how easily I can record calls with audio and video.
  • Zoom is easy to use and straight forward. It tales no time or tech expertise to set up.
  • When recording calls, and sharing screens, it isn't always clear what is being recorded and how.
  • With multiple folks on the screen, I'd like to be able to choose whose image is enlarged (even if they aren't talking)
  • From the widget installed on my desktop I would like to more easily access the share link to my personal meeting room.
Zoom is professional and easy to use, I recommend it for most people. However, since it does require you to install a plugin, or an app on your phone, there may be cases where those you are trying to connect with may be unable to participate with video.
I use my personal meeting room for most meetings with collaborators and clients. It is simple and reliable.
Read Christine Guenette's full review
Rocky Kev profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Working remotely? Zoom is a must - hands down."

Zoom is a part of our business. We are a remote company, and we use Zoom and Slack to keep our team connected. From meetings with the team, working with our clients, to training and troubleshooting with our customers... Zoom is our go to tool. We cannot go back to Skype.
  • Web conference
  • Group meetings
  • One-on-one meetings
  • Screensharing
  • Clarity when there's network issues (not enough info when there's a network issue)
  • Mobile app is terrible
  • Web chat is bare bones. It resets for new people joining
  • Signing in takes about 30 seconds
If you need to chat with someone remotely, Zoom is it. You give the other person a link, and in less than a minute - you're talking. So many of our customers and clients now use Zoom because of how easy it is.
We use different Zoom rooms for each department. We have a ops room, a course room, a education room. We also have a family room for those quick one off meetings.

We also use breakout rooms for our students to separate a large group into smaller brain teams.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
Gina Rodkey profile photo
October 31, 2017

User Review: "Zoom: the better alternative"

I am the host for a weekly virtual show. There are approximately 300 in our group of Accountants, Bookkeepers, IT consultants and other professionals that support small businesses. We usually have anywhere from 6 to 20 members join us each week. We started our weekly meetings using Google's YouTube live, "Hangouts." We had technical difficulties almost every week, and it never got better. I was introduced to Zoom by a colleague, stopped using Hangouts and started using Zoom. I used the free version for several months, and liked it so much I purchased the Pro Version. Technical difficulties are very rare and usually associated with a poor internet connection. I record our weekly meeting and then upload the MP4 to YouTube and publish. I often copy the chat text if there are web links to the items discussed during the meeting and post in the comments.
  • Technical difficulties are very rare.
  • Very easy to use, even novices will be up and running in a very short time.
  • I love the ability to toggle between speaker view and gallery view. I can see the current speaker highlighted when talking - good for demos or use the gallery view to show everyone in the conversation, good if we are all involved in the conversation.
  • I would like to see the names of participants or be given the option to show the names in the recording. Currently you can only see the names while in the Zoom meeting.
  • I would love to have frames around each of us. I do like the background option but would like something more like the "lower third" in the Google Hangouts.
  • I would like to see auto shut off. Sometime I may have to leave early and would like to be able to walk away and have the meeting close after 1 hour. I know there is the ability to have another host, but I am talking about a more automated solution.
  • I would love to be able to integrate Zoom with Facebook events.
In my field of work, we are often consulting with clients and sharing our screen to show an app and how it works. I can give QuickBooks lessons with my client and record them so my client can reference what we talked about later. Being able to record lessons is the main reason I recommend Zoom to colleagues.
I do not use Zoom rooms but would like to try them when the occasion arises.
Read Gina Rodkey's full review

High quality audio (244)
High quality video (244)
Low bandwidth requirements (206)
Desktop sharing (240)
Whiteboards (137)
Calendar integration (205)
Meeting initiation (234)
Integrates with social media (85)
Record meetings / events (222)
Slideshows (146)
Live chat (210)
Audience polling (106)
Q&A (125)
User authentication (148)
Participant roles & permissions (175)
Confidential attendee list (114)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.