Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGThis is the software you need to be using.We sell software as a service and utilize Zoom to do our product demos and hold other virtual meetings. It is a very easy software to implement and has a great interface for both the users and the admins. Cost is great, and we have had virtually no problems with Zoom!,Price Easy to Use Reliability,Need a strong internet connection Limits on personal meetings,10,Time Savings Ease of use,Yes - we utilize our Zoom Rooms for almost all of our demos. It allows us to automate responses and ensure that people have the information they need to contact us and get into the virtual meeting. This has been a great help as we have been booking more and more demos. Zoom has made it easier for us to do what we need to do to close sales.,GoToMeeting and Webex MeetingsEase of AccessWe use Zoom to hold our meetings across the US. We do conference calls via it as well. It is used by our whole company for various purposes mainly to make sure everyone can attend a meeting remotely from their place. Zoom offers a variety of options to make meetings more interactive and resourceful. It is definitely a big competitor in the market for the face to face interaction software.,The software is very user-friendly and it provides instructions to the user to make sure they can handle their tasks easily. Zoom offers great sound and video quality and at the end of the calls asks the user for the quality of their call to ensure that their users are getting the top notch service. The platform is very easy to navigate around and makes it easier to train new members of the organization.,I think the video quality of Zoom can be better at times. Some technical issues can be resolved on a better scale by providing more FAQs. Zoom can make the software filled with more colorful interactions. It definitely gives a sense of an older versions of Windows so I think the design of the software can be improved.,9,Zoom has helped our company over time connect with talented officials throughout the US without booking their whole day. Zoom has recently helped our company's quarterly earnings by 20%. We were able to host more meetings and discuss the potential growth factors with people in different time zones.,A Fantastic Feature-Rich Tool That Enables Close-Knit and Personalized CollaborationZoom is one of the conferencing software applications that is used within my organization. It has been a very reliable tool that offers a relatively consistent experience for meeting across our large company. I work within a large-scale manufacturing company and Zoom is used primarily within the administrative areas of the business. However, Zoom is accessible to all employees and is often used during our quarterly town halls that involve all workers. Zoom offers an efficient way to host, set up, and join large meetings across a variety of locations. Joining meetings is easy and collaborating in real-time improves business communication immensely. Furthermore, the quality of audio and video on the platform is superb. This enables our leadership to clearly set goals, expectations, and share news company-wide.,Ease of use - Joining meetings with Zoom has been one of the best experience for video conferencing software that I have experienced Zoom's audio and video quality is fantastic. There are rarely moments of downtime when using the software Zoom offers both desktop and mobile conferencing. Joining meetings from either platform works really well!,Meeting with external clients can be difficult - as each Zoom attendee will need to download the application. Free accounts have access to only 40 minutes of meetings. The chat app is adequate but room for improvement Users cannot call into a meeting if the host is not actively on the call.,9,Zoom offers fantastic quality audio and video for sharing important information with employees across the country. Zoom integrates with many of our company's CRM and marketing tools Zoom offers automatic muting features. Large meetings often have the opportunity to be distracted or delayed by those who forget to mute and this feature is extremely valuable.,Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Workplace by Facebook and Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark)Zoom is great because it is simple!We use Zoom for all customer calls as well as internal communication. We are currently evaluating moving all of our support center to Zoom. If their support solution is half as strong as their call solution, we'll be very excited about this solution.,Simple to use Call quality Rapid log on,Contact center solution is less robust (initially) Setting up a call for real-time can take a bit of work if not pre-scheduled/set up,10,Easier communication in a distributed environment.,We love Zoom Rooms. All of our conference rooms are equipped with Zoom material, and it makes scheduling extremely easy.,Great meeting platformZoom is used for introductory calls with new clients/customers as well as for internal team meetings as one half of our team works remotely.,Scheduling Video Implementing,Cost Features Not having to download,9,Effective team collaboration Effective business development Effective client introductionZoom ReviewZoom is used across our entire organization as employees work virtually 60% of the time. We also use it to have meetings with clients as my department provides customer support.,Scheduling. Screen sharing. Connectivity.,None that I can think of.,10,Improved client relationships. Assist with internal communication.,I have yet to use this feature.,Microsoft TeamsZoom is THE room.We are using Zoom for our sales calls, customer service calls, and internal meetings as well.,Screen share is great Love the ability to add different backgrounds. More reliable than other apps I've used. Including the big guys.,Making it easier to find the join audio and screen share buttons. People not used to the tool almost always seem to have trouble finding those buttons.,9,Easy to use and cost affective. Easy to get in touch with colleagues and clients.,GoToMeeting, UberConference and Google Hangouts,SlackZoom ReviewI use Zoom almost daily to communicate with my clients about their projects and correct details. It is very easy to maintain face-to-face communication, despite the distance. The application works perfect. I contact my clients by email & mail, but to fully realize their projects, Zoom has been elementary.,It does not pause, conversations remain fluid as if we were face to face. When there are more than two people in the conversation, the option to ask for the floor becomes an indispensable tool. It not only guarantees everyone's participation but also organizes the conversation.,One of the weaknesses of Zoom is the free application time, 40 minutes, may not be enough.,10,I advise my clients remotely, and Zoom has not only been the most profitable option but the most favorable. My clients are not only happy with my work, but with the possibility of being able to work remotely and make projects possible, thanks to Zoom. I have expanded my client portfolio because of Zoom's effective remote communication, despite the distance. My clients and I have a lot of confidence to Zoom. We now prefer a short meeting to answer questions rather than an email or text message.,Zoom Rooms offers unique functionalities for video conferences. The possibility of integrating other tools such as an interactive whiteboard allows the experience to be increasingly real.,SkypeZoom is the answer to your video/audio conference calls. Try it -- you will buy it.1. Is it being used by a department or across the whole organization? We use it across the organization. 2. What business problems does it address? Long-distance, conference calls, and video calls. I like the product/service, and I recommend it.,Zoom is easy to use. Zoom is quick to connect. Participants can quickly use and understand the product/service. It's well done.,I find it very good and easy to use, though it would be nice to perhaps highlight the group and who is talking when not in video mode.,8,Good quality, good value, and immediate credibility to provide call-in numbers.,Amazing tool for audio and video conferencing.Zoom is being used across all departments of our company. Internally, we use it to run sales or department meetings for folks that may be working from home or in different offices. Being in sales, we have our hands on Zoom daily. I use Zoom to run all of my discovery call, product demonstrations, etc. This gives me the ability to sell over the phone and through screen share to convey the value of our products and show clients how our product works.,Reliability and ease of use to join meetings. Integrations with other tools. Our company connects lots of other sales tools directly into Zoom for analytics and other purposes. For example, we use Gong.io to review calls, and with Zoom the integration is seamless. Giving other users the ability to quickly share their screen.,Nothing in particular. Zoom does an excellent job starting and presenting meetings quickly and easily. I can't think of anything that I would change or add.,9,Making it easier and more reliable to quickly hold meetings on the fly. This directly impacts the top line revenue of our business. Our salespeople use Zoom daily to help them close deals.,We do not. We have Apple tv and quickly connect the system to that instead of Zoom Rooms.,GoToMeetingZoom - great tool for meetings and trainingsZoom helps my teammates and I conduct business calls and meetings even though we all live in different parts of the country. It allows us to connect and help train one another. We also have Zoom meetings and calls for people to tune into and learn more about our products and services.,Multi user capability Fairly easy to use and send meeting links Can tune in via video or just audio,Sometimes connection is bad /spotty The link is confusing for people who don’t have the zoom app or who have never used it before- instead of such a long message should just be a very simple link to follow Should connect to Facebook live and or instagram TV so we could have on all platforms,7,Free/affordable Improved collaboration Connect well and more intentionally with teamReview of Zoom by a business coachZoom is used for new client discovery calls, conference calls with current clients, and to host individual and group coaching calls. It allows us to speak face-to-face while also being able to send information across digitally.,Video chat. Group calls and meetings. Conversational speaker view.,Considerable price upgrade just to use webinar features on rare occasions. Meeting settings for group calls also apply to individual calls - so muting participants upon entry automatically, while necessary in group calls, can be confusing in individual sessions & causes an unnecessary distraction at the beginning of a call. It seems that people calling in on cell phones aren't always muted when they dial in - causing confusing noise for the group when it happens. Maybe this is just an occasional glitch, but it is something I've noticed.,10,Easy, inexpensive tool for regular video meetings. Easier scheduling with direct integration with Acuity. Improved customer relations due to video chat rather than voice only.,I don't use them in my own business and prefer to just schedule a group call. However, I have been a participant in someone else's Zoom room and was happy with the experience.,Skype and GoToWebinarZoom - The Best Video Conferencing Tool TodayZoom is my go-to way to do video conferencing with my internal team as well as prospects and clients. It's great for sales calls because connecting on video is the next best thing to being in the room with someone. And for staying in touch with the team or other people's teams, it's a breeze. You can schedule meetings, keep links the same, etc. It's used daily and works much better than Skype.,Video quality Audio quality Allows you to create static room links so different meetings can have different links that stay the same Works great on mobile and desktop Call-in sound quality and internet sound quality are good,It slows down your internet a lot Hyperlinks don't always work in the chat, especially on mobile It's pretty expensive for the paid versions, especially the webinar version Limited native integration to get lead information when doing webinars,9,Zoom has improved my sales conversion with prospects by connecting with them on video. Collaboration with my team and client teams has improved when using video chat. Great tool for connecting with my audience via webinars. Screen sharing capabilities are stellar and help to map out visual-based ideas.,I use a personal Zoom Room myself which is my static link. I put that link into my calendar scheduling tool (Acuity) and it automatically sends the correct link for the call in the email and text message follow up. Much more convenient than manually sending the links. And when working with clients, several of them have a dozen or more Zoom Rooms, with each room having a specific function. A room for each "Team" or type of meeting works well.,Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), BlueJeans, UberConference and Google VoiceSimple, Fast and efficient; zoom on with Zoom!We use Zoom to connect with others outside of our organization since we cannot use Skype for Business to do so. I love the simplicity of Zoom and the features it has.,Very simple to use and setup Zoom allows recording which is great Integration with Outlook, different browsers and mobile is a given but still very useful and handy,Possibility to have breakout sessions Possibility for others to test their machine before hand when sending an outlook invite. I would update the overall look and feel of the icons and interface to have it more upscale.,10,We have a webex account which we share amongst the department. Zoom has been a cheap alternative for us when webex is in use. Swift communication Easy to use for people less familiar with technology,ON24Zooming with ZoomWe are a company of a full Zoom use. We use it to allow us to view and control user desktops, presentations for departments, and as a vendor communication tool. We also use Zoom for telehealth communication between a provider and patient. It allows us to support our members, customers, and co-workers with better communication management.,Viewing others' desktops in a full screen or minimized. Multiple people can discuss in a meeting at one time. Allows remote controls for presentation host control Allows a member/patient to speak to a provider or doctor without having to come into the office if unable to. Customer interactions are able to put a face to the name.,Easier connectivity in email product. Zoom Room setup could be simpler. Wish the camera could not pickup objects in background.,10,Zoom has allowed for easier communication within departments & management. Allows meetings to be held in a quick minute. One disadvantage is that because of it's simplicity, it allows too many meetings to happen, taking away from productivity.,Zoom Rooms are okay, but could be built so they're easier to use.,Webex Meetings,Meeting setup Connectivity once profile established Turn camera on/off,Explaining how to share a screen Speaking to user with low bandwith Zoom Rooms,Yes,10Zoom ReviewI use Zoom pro version to organize webinars with international students. It is used by myself only, not the entire department.,Reporting Recording Easy to connect,Having the ability to keep users on mute.,9,It has saved our traveling cost to very high extent without compromising on presentation quality.,We don't use Zoom Rooms.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync)Show me something betterWe have perhaps 100 pro licenses and half dozen webinar licenses (500's and 3K). I suspect we're approaching 10 million minutes (small potatoes I know), but still, we have activity at all levels in most of the ministries (departments). I have been the owner/admin of this account, from the beginning.,Highly available tech support. Excellent actual WebRTC; super-efficient real-time network app Always on, always works Feature/option rich,More shortcuts on the GUI (maybe we can create our own macro-like shortcuts).,10,All of the above for so many reasons. Zoom's Quality of Experience makes tech-collabs highly effective.,ClickUpWorks great when trying to connect remote teamsWe use Zoom to connect outside sales reps across a large geographical area. It allows us to interact, share screens and engage teammates across multiple states.,Sharing screens Video quality Ease of use.,Easier to connect phone audio.,9,Improved collaboration Improved remote training.,I do not use these.,Google HangoutsZoom: the next generation of communicationZoom is the supreme communication tool. Its voice and video quality are awesome.,Webinars document sharing schedule meetings Customer support,Zoom rooms should be hardware independent.,10,Zoom has always had a positive impact on our business.,N/A,Zoom into your next meeting with ease!Zoom was used primarily in reviewing new software demos, and subsequent training initiatives by the marketing department. It allowed us a hands-on feel for the demo from a remote connectivity standpoint.,Cloud recording. Large base of users connectable at once. Integrated File share-ability.,Expensive. All users must have Zoom. Simplify plan options.,7,Decrease in time spent reviewing software demos. Increased money saved in training. No disconnect issues means saving time only reviewing important information once.,I've seen the software available and read up on Zoom Rooms but have yet to work in a space that integrated its use. That said it looks like a great solution for small teams working remotely from one another.,Webex Meetings and Webex EventsReview of ZoomI discovered I could profit more when I had the option to utilize a program with full features, instead of depending on workarounds in other programs. Zoom brings to the table premium features for nearly nothing. One-on-one gatherings are not time-constrained or missing any basic options. I'm able to set up repeating meetings by producing a lasting Zoom connect, which is exceptionally valuable to have custom connections for our wide range of contacts. Zoom makes it conceivable to share the screen with others; either to record a performance session; screen share with others in a gathering while at the same time being able to record sound and video; share just a particular window or the whole work area. There's a fast method to switch between various screens that are configurable. Booking meetings is direct and various choices are displayed to make it simple. Meetings can likewise be incorporated with external timetables/calendars and give options, like having passcode protection. Having the option to visit with my participants and store all significant data about them in Zoom make working with incessant clients a breeze. There are a lot of settings accessible from the main window to change sound, video and recording subtleties and even reconciliation with double screens.,Repeating meetings by creating a changeless Zoom Connect. Video & sound controls. Meetings can be planned in seconds and added from Zoom's platform to Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, or Outlook Calendar which allows you to set up welcomes and include extra participants. Zoom gives you the choice to either try out a month to month or a yearly arrangement. You can deactivate and additionally reactivate whenever (useful for sparing additional bucks in the event that you don't run normal month to month online classes).,The toolbar won't show up when set at the base of the screen, so controls become inaccessible. There is no real way to resize the toolbar which consumes an excessive amount of room on minor screens (screen size of 13 inches and underneath). It takes a significant effort to resize the primary meeting window. Certain things on screen will be covered or vanish and end up making the recording unusable.,7,Our organization, who works in programming QA and testing, consistently has remote meetings to check in and work together. We chose to change from GoToMeeting to Zoom since it fit our requirements all the more precisely. Zooms client support is strikingly responsive and brisk to address issues.,Zooming the Giants to hopefully another Championship era!!We're in our first year of using Zoom and I'll have to say by far it has been a very impressive tool so far. Of course, we're experiencing a cultural change, as baseball and business environment still heavily traditional, but moving towards embracing technology and enhanced communications as we expand our business model. We're currently starting with just a few licenses throughout our users who are engaged heavily in meetings and collaborations with clients and vendors. From there we're hoping to expand throughout various departments on site as well as our remote staff. We've used Zoom for our All-Staff meetings which are gaining popularity and we're hoping to enhance that experience. One challenge we had was the exec team wanted to host a meeting outside on a nice day with presented some audio challenges. We weren't able to find a workable solution but who knows, perhaps one-day Zoom can find a way. As we expand and explore Zoom rooms, which we're looking to implement, we're hoping to create an open environment of communication and improve how internal departments can collaborate more efficiently. Of course, as I've stated before, we're hoping to break the old rules of a culture where video conferencing breaks those shy barriers. I know from what I've seen with Zoom we can definitely accomplish more organization-wide.,The feature of being able to do collaborative screen-sharing with users. This eliminates having to send attachments and agendas which otherwise at times present size limit issues. The ease of setting up a Zoom session, not just for the host but for the end-users. We used to use Lifesize and when we transitioned to Zoom, our end users found it much easier to use. The chat features within Zoom's meetings during our all-staff were on point. Our remote users are able to send questions for Q & A and send the moderator notes if they couldn't hear the speaker. Also, the record feature so callers were able to see the presentation after was huge. From what I've seen so far, Zoom has been expanding to accommodate support with other software and integration. Particular with Slack and MS Office. More to come and we're thrilled to see more integration Zoom has to offer.,When in our all-staff, callers were limited in the Q&A as they were limited to just being able to hear presenters but there was no way for a moderator to line up questions from callers. These callers were on LAN lines and not mobile, although we encourage callers to access via mobile app. In video mode, the host box shows up on the upper right side which unfortunately can move or minimize in meeting mode. In user management on my dashboard, I used to be able to see all my users and the last time they logged in. For some reason, it was buried in an analytics tab but its no longer a category display feature on user management. Not a huge issue but I found it helpful for me to manage my users.,10,So far very limited yet we've had great feedback on the ability to enhance our All-Staff as we're seeing an uptick of using Zoom for future all-staff. Because we're seeing an increase in demand for video conference calls, we're looking to expand the use of Zoom rooms so users can add this feature to their meetings. Better communication with our remote staff from our Baseball Operations coordinators. We have several affiliates across the country as well as Asia and South America. This tool has been a great way to communicate instructions and roles.,We are not yet using Zoom Rooms.,We haven't used this yet.,Lifesize Video Conferencing, BlueJeans, Cisco Webex Calling, Skype, GoToMeeting and ShowMyPCZooming past Skype into Zoom Rooms.We are currently using zoom and the rooms option to connect multiple people across the province and reduce travel costs while keeping in touch with people everywhere. Zoom helps us also deliver training to multiple clients across the province and record/transcribe these sessions. This greatly improves the performance of the organization.,It works with just about any other vendor's system. It is easy to set up and even provides some services for free. Integrations with other systems make it a great tool to leverage.,Enable a super simple UI with the least options available. Like an on and off button. Have more training or interactive videos that can be rolled out by companies. More Zoom Phone integrations like Mitel.,9,Zoom has allowed us to bring our staff closer together and keep the cost of communication down. Delivering training sessions is great with the transcription option and recordings. The low-cost cloud options are great for managing our non-profit structure.,We have multiple Zoom Rooms at different locations. They work great and our staff really enjoys using them. However, we have found that the A/V integration is sometimes not ideal and this causes some issues with the hardware not performing as expected. If we could get Zoom appliances that are fully integrated and customized for a single purpose, we would have a better user experience.,We haven't used this function very much yet.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync)A flexible tool for many situations, LOD/CCE experience needs development.Zoom is used within our organization in 170+ conference rooms across 35 states. Every user has a Pro account, every conference room is a Zoom Room. It allows for uniform conference experiences across every type of meeting space, allowing remote users to feel at home when visiting offices, and simplifying meetings with a single platform.,Desktop and mobile apps are simple enough to use without instruction but powerful enough to satiate power users. Zoom is quick to respond to bug reports and feature requests are handled transparently (and usually promptly). Outlook integration is a key feature for our org, and the plug-in reliably performs well, without dragging users into the weeds. Zoom Rooms matches the desktop experience in many ways, increasing comfort for the less tech-savvy. Screen sharing couldn't be simpler in Zoom Rooms.,Screen sharing on a desktop does not work as smoothly as sharing in a Zoom Room. For example, when sharing from desktop, users must opt to share computer sound and optimize for video, at which point the still images are too blurry. hitting "share screen" in a Zoom Room does not present these same obstacles. Screen sharing frame times are all over the place, even with a wired connection. The video feed, however, is perfect. Why the discrepancy? Camera control in Zoom Rooms is jumpy for some camera models, where smooth panning was possible previously. The Whiteboard function on the touchscreen is different from the whiteboard you'll find in a meeting.,10,It's brought our distributed employees into closer contact with partners and HQ operations. It's lowered technical hurdles for average users to have a high-quality meeting.,Zoom Rooms is a user-friendly and stable AV drop-in. We've appreciated the overall quality of the experience, especially with access to a variety of control interfaces. Zoom still struggles to expose their API in ways that integrators need, and the limits on concurrent device limits are frustrating. We also wish we could have direct access to the control interface from the admin portal.Zoom - The name says it allWe use Zoom for meetings during UAT and remote sessions for our multiple sites as well as with remote users outside of our standard office ecosystem. Most are for sub-20 person discussions using both Screenshare and Video. We are using this mostly in web development and I, however, Marketing and Sales use it as well for internal webinars with outside parties.,Good video conferencing quality and is easy to deploy Lightweight system needs versus skpye lync communicator mean a responsive user interface Can handle large groups and has telcon features not found in some basic business messaging apps,Make a longer screen share time for personal improve settings to control auto video chat UI can be a bit difficult to use at times.,10,Quicker communication - use video and screen share on one system Better communication with external vendors Easy to deploy to new users can adopt the software quickly,Skype for Business, WebEx Meetings and GoToMeeting,Qualtrics, TeamViewer, Skype for Business, GoToMeeting, WebEx Meetings, Skype, FreeConference.com, Drupal, WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Google Search Console, Google Trends, Hootsuite Enterprise, Mention, MS SharePoint, Vimeo Pro, BrightcoveWindows, Linux, Mac
Zoom
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Zoom Reviews

Zoom

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Travis Brown profile photo
  • Price
  • Easy to Use
  • Reliability
  • Need a strong internet connection
  • Limits on personal meetings
Any virtual meetings, Zoom is a wonderful tool.

For our organization, we give a lot of online demonstrations. Zoom is a wonderful tool for that because not only can we screen share and talk with our perspective clients, but we can also give them controls, take controls from them, and even use a whiteboard to share notes. We have also made multiple recordings to send to them so they can share with the rest of their team. This has been a very powerful tool for us.

Zoom has made it easier for us to do what we need to do to close sales.
Read Travis Brown's full review
Zahra Najib profile photo
June 17, 2019

Ease of Access

• The software is very user-friendly and it provides instructions to the user to make sure they can handle their tasks easily.
  • Zoom offers great sound and video quality and at the end of the calls asks the user for the quality of their call to ensure that their users are getting the top notch service.
  • The platform is very easy to navigate around and makes it easier to train new members of the organization.
  • I think the video quality of Zoom can be better at times.
  • Some technical issues can be resolved on a better scale by providing more FAQs.
  • Zoom can make the software filled with more colorful interactions. It definitely gives a sense of an older versions of Windows so I think the design of the software can be improved.
I definitely recommend Zoom to my fellow colleagues or anyone who is looking for a platform to have more flexibility in doing their business. It is well suited for meeting and conference calls in a company as well as for educational purposes.
Read Zahra Najib's full review
Joshua Melder profile photo
  • Ease of use - Joining meetings with Zoom has been one of the best experience for video conferencing software that I have experienced
  • Zoom's audio and video quality is fantastic. There are rarely moments of downtime when using the software
  • Zoom offers both desktop and mobile conferencing. Joining meetings from either platform works really well!
  • Meeting with external clients can be difficult - as each Zoom attendee will need to download the application. Free accounts have access to only 40 minutes of meetings.
  • The chat app is adequate but room for improvement
  • Users cannot call into a meeting if the host is not actively on the call.
Zoom works extremely well for video conferencing, presenting content, and communicating with up to hundreds of people at the same time. The platform is well suited for one-on-one meetings as well. Users can record conversations and and share the content with others at a later time. The conferencing feature works really well for users too - attendees can choose to focus on viewing the entire group, select individuals, or even just the main speaker.

The chat features of Zoom are solid but do have room for improvement as the software continues to grow and evolve. Furthermore, the number of participants in a meeting could be improved as well. The company that I work for has over 20,000 employees and Zoom cannot handle that total number of users at one time. But overall, the service performs extremely well for smaller administrative related needs.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Luke Ferrel profile photo
  • Simple to use
  • Call quality
  • Rapid log on
  • Contact center solution is less robust (initially)
  • Setting up a call for real-time can take a bit of work if not pre-scheduled/set up
Zoom is great for scheduled calls. Could use a couple of refinements to be better for ad hoc calls.
Read Luke Ferrel's full review

• Implementing
  • Cost
  • Features
  • Not having to download
Zoom is well suited for anyone that needs either video conferencing and/or call in conferencing options whether internal or external.
Read Kristina Wiggins's full review
Adriane Carter-Lovell profile photo
September 21, 2019

• Scheduling.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Connectivity.
  • None that I can think of.
Zoom is great for customer support and screen sharing.
I have yet to use this feature.
Read Adriane Carter-Lovell's full review
Jon Mazza profile photo
September 20, 2019

Zoom is THE room.

• Screen share is great
  • Love the ability to add different backgrounds.
  • More reliable than other apps I've used. Including the big guys.
  • Making it easier to find the join audio and screen share buttons. People not used to the tool almost always seem to have trouble finding those buttons.
When you need to do a screen share our audio call, it works great.
Read Jon Mazza's full review
Lis Torres Zambrano profile photo
September 17, 2019

Zoom Review

• It does not pause, conversations remain fluid as if we were face to face.
  • When there are more than two people in the conversation, the option to ask for the floor becomes an indispensable tool. It not only guarantees everyone's participation but also organizes the conversation.
  • One of the weaknesses of Zoom is the free application time, 40 minutes, may not be enough.
Zoom is indispensable for any organization that works with remote clients. One of my clients was a little reluctant to use new technology and was pleasantly surprised by how we could maintain direct and fluid communication using Zoom.
Read Lis Torres Zambrano's full review
FRED WOODS profile photo
I like the product/service, and I recommend it.
  • Zoom is easy to use.
  • Zoom is quick to connect.
  • Participants can quickly use and understand the product/service. It's well done.
  • I find it very good and easy to use, though it would be nice to perhaps highlight the group and who is talking when not in video mode.
I like the intro nature of it where Zoom uses video, though it is perhaps not always appropriate for at-home offices.
Read FRED WOODS's full review
Alexander Chin profile photo
  • Reliability and ease of use to join meetings.
  • Integrations with other tools. Our company connects lots of other sales tools directly into Zoom for analytics and other purposes. For example, we use Gong.io to review calls, and with Zoom the integration is seamless.
  • Giving other users the ability to quickly share their screen.
  • Nothing in particular. Zoom does an excellent job starting and presenting meetings quickly and easily. I can't think of anything that I would change or add.
Any time you are holding a sales call or any type of meeting, Zoom is always useful.
Read Alexander Chin's full review
Karee Smith profile photo
  • Multi user capability
  • Fairly easy to use and send meeting links
  • Can tune in via video or just audio
  • Sometimes connection is bad /spotty
  • The link is confusing for people who don’t have the zoom app or who have never used it before- instead of such a long message should just be a very simple link to follow
  • Should connect to Facebook live and or instagram TV so we could have on all platforms
Well suited to reach anyone and to conduct a meeting with multiple people. It is less appropriate for one on one meetings - I would use just FaceTime or Facebook messenger video. I wish you could also link a call to FB.
Read Karee Smith's full review
Chelsea Baldwin profile photo
  • Video chat.
  • Group calls and meetings.
  • Conversational speaker view.
  • Considerable price upgrade just to use webinar features on rare occasions.
  • Meeting settings for group calls also apply to individual calls - so muting participants upon entry automatically, while necessary in group calls, can be confusing in individual sessions & causes an unnecessary distraction at the beginning of a call.
  • It seems that people calling in on cell phones aren't always muted when they dial in - causing confusing noise for the group when it happens. Maybe this is just an occasional glitch, but it is something I've noticed.
It's well-suited for people who do business remotely, particularly coaches of any sort who do individual or group coaching as a part of their business. It's relatively inexpensive to host these calls, and intuitive for the end users & clients.

It may not be best for businesses who like to do group conference calls from one meeting room full of people to another meeting room full of people who all want to talk to each other. Better for separate locations.
Read Chelsea Baldwin's full review
Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert profile photo
  • Video quality
  • Audio quality
  • Allows you to create static room links so different meetings can have different links that stay the same
  • Works great on mobile and desktop
  • Call-in sound quality and internet sound quality are good
  • It slows down your internet a lot
  • Hyperlinks don't always work in the chat, especially on mobile
  • It's pretty expensive for the paid versions, especially the webinar version
  • Limited native integration to get lead information when doing webinars
Zoom is perfect for anyone who does sales and is used to doing them over the phone. I've noticed a large uptick in conversion when I use a video call instead of just voice. It's also great for scheduling meetings with existing clients. The reasons are similar to the ones for sales conversations. It's also great for setting up meetings with internal virtual teams.
Read Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert's full review
Cedric Boileau profile photo

I love the simplicity of Zoom and the features it has.
  • Very simple to use and setup
  • Zoom allows recording which is great
  • Integration with Outlook, different browsers and mobile is a given but still very useful and handy
  • Possibility to have breakout sessions
  • Possibility for others to test their machine before hand when sending an outlook invite.
  • I would update the overall look and feel of the icons and interface to have it more upscale.
When you want to setup a call quickly and Skype For Business is not an option, Zoom is definitely the way to go for its simplicity and effectiveness.

If you are wanting something a bit more upscale, Zoom may come across as "cheap" but again, it gets the job done and in my opinion is better than other tools such as webex.
Read Cedric Boileau's full review
Tammy Rowe profile photo
August 01, 2019

Zooming with Zoom

• Viewing others' desktops in a full screen or minimized.
  • Multiple people can discuss in a meeting at one time. Allows remote controls for presentation host control
  • Allows a member/patient to speak to a provider or doctor without having to come into the office if unable to.
  • Customer interactions are able to put a face to the name.
  • Easier connectivity in email product.
  • Zoom Room setup could be simpler.
  • Wish the camera could not pickup objects in background.
Zoom works perfect for supervisor/staff communication. Allowing Zoom in a private setting or not acceptable locations is not always the best or recommended, depending on how easy it is for the group to see the background of a person using it in (like when they're in the bathroom... and yes, we have had this scenario happen).
Zoom Rooms are okay, but could be built so they're easier to use.
Read Tammy Rowe's full review
Vivek Yadav profile photo
August 01, 2019

• Reporting
  • Recording
  • Easy to connect
  • Having the ability to keep users on mute.
I love using Zoom. I don't know where it wouldn't be suitable.
We don't use Zoom Rooms.
Read Vivek Yadav's full review
Maurice Brunelle profile photo
  • Highly available tech support.
  • Excellent actual WebRTC; super-efficient real-time network app
  • Always on, always works
  • Feature/option rich
  • More shortcuts on the GUI (maybe we can create our own macro-like shortcuts).
I can think of only a very few instances where Zoom would not be well-suited.
Read Maurice Brunelle's full review
Alex Davis profile photo
  • Sharing screens
  • Video quality
  • Ease of use.
  • Easier to connect phone audio.
Best suited to connect remote parties. Not suitable for unstable internet connections.
I do not use these.
Read Alex Davis's full review
Stephen Wittmaak profile photo
  • Cloud recording.
  • Large base of users connectable at once.
  • Integrated File share-ability.
  • Expensive.
  • All users must have Zoom.
  • Simplify plan options.
Best suited for small business meetings where all users are already an installed base of the Zoom program. Larger groups means more people have to access and download and signup for Zoom which is possibly time and $ intensive.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Hassan Siddiqui profile photo
May 29, 2019

Review of Zoom

• Repeating meetings by creating a changeless Zoom Connect.
  • Video & sound controls.
  • Meetings can be planned in seconds and added from Zoom's platform to Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, or Outlook Calendar which allows you to set up welcomes and include extra participants.
  • Zoom gives you the choice to either try out a month to month or a yearly arrangement. You can deactivate and additionally reactivate whenever (useful for sparing additional bucks in the event that you don't run normal month to month online classes).
  • The toolbar won't show up when set at the base of the screen, so controls become inaccessible. There is no real way to resize the toolbar which consumes an excessive amount of room on minor screens (screen size of 13 inches and underneath).
  • It takes a significant effort to resize the primary meeting window. Certain things on screen will be covered or vanish and end up making the recording unusable.
Moderate. Dependable. Simple. That is Zoom more or less. Before Zoom, we had encountered the sorrow of running an online class just to have the sound go out and glitch the whole time – finally making our participants drop off. That is not the situation with Zoom. It proves to be useful when working with dispersed groups; Zoom's meeting calling highlights are extraordinary for doing demos, dash arranging, and so on.

I wouldn't suggest Zoom for creating superb recordings for business use or for introductions with a huge group of people (over 100 members), however, it works flawlessly for individual activities and for most conferences.
Read Hassan Siddiqui's full review
  • The feature of being able to do collaborative screen-sharing with users. This eliminates having to send attachments and agendas which otherwise at times present size limit issues.
  • The ease of setting up a Zoom session, not just for the host but for the end-users. We used to use Lifesize and when we transitioned to Zoom, our end users found it much easier to use.
  • The chat features within Zoom's meetings during our all-staff were on point. Our remote users are able to send questions for Q & A and send the moderator notes if they couldn't hear the speaker. Also, the record feature so callers were able to see the presentation after was huge.
  • From what I've seen so far, Zoom has been expanding to accommodate support with other software and integration. Particular with Slack and MS Office. More to come and we're thrilled to see more integration Zoom has to offer.
  • When in our all-staff, callers were limited in the Q&A as they were limited to just being able to hear presenters but there was no way for a moderator to line up questions from callers. These callers were on LAN lines and not mobile, although we encourage callers to access via mobile app.
  • In video mode, the host box shows up on the upper right side which unfortunately can move or minimize in meeting mode.
  • In user management on my dashboard, I used to be able to see all my users and the last time they logged in. For some reason, it was buried in an analytics tab but its no longer a category display feature on user management. Not a huge issue but I found it helpful for me to manage my users.
Well suited:
  • Baseball operations when they hold meetings with remote scouts or users in our Arizona facility as well as our Dominican Republic academy.
  • When department heads work with their employees who work from home and still hold meetings on a more daily basis.
  • For our sales or creative group to reach out to various clients both local and long-distance.
  • IT Helpdesk admin teams are able to provide support for their customers.
We are not yet using Zoom Rooms.
  • It works with just about any other vendor's system.
  • It is easy to set up and even provides some services for free.
  • Integrations with other systems make it a great tool to leverage.
  • Enable a super simple UI with the least options available. Like an on and off button.
  • Have more training or interactive videos that can be rolled out by companies.
  • More Zoom Phone integrations like Mitel.
It is great when used in an environment where you need to connect to multiple parties that have different systems. The tool scales easily from a smartphone to the boardroom, and then to the Zoom Phones option. Zoom is least feasible when the larger majority is not very tech-savvy. They would need a lot of training and hand-holding to get used to it.
  • Desktop and mobile apps are simple enough to use without instruction but powerful enough to satiate power users.
  • Zoom is quick to respond to bug reports and feature requests are handled transparently (and usually promptly).
  • Outlook integration is a key feature for our org, and the plug-in reliably performs well, without dragging users into the weeds.
  • Zoom Rooms matches the desktop experience in many ways, increasing comfort for the less tech-savvy.
  • Screen sharing couldn't be simpler in Zoom Rooms.
  • Screen sharing on a desktop does not work as smoothly as sharing in a Zoom Room. For example, when sharing from desktop, users must opt to share computer sound and optimize for video, at which point the still images are too blurry. hitting "share screen" in a Zoom Room does not present these same obstacles.
  • Screen sharing frame times are all over the place, even with a wired connection. The video feed, however, is perfect. Why the discrepancy?
  • Camera control in Zoom Rooms is jumpy for some camera models, where smooth panning was possible previously.
  • The Whiteboard function on the touchscreen is different from the whiteboard you'll find in a meeting.
Zoom is flexible enough to recommend to basically any organization, however there is a limit. It's specifically suited to webinars and meetings where no certification is needed. it is NOT appropriate for continuing education or LOD situations where verification is required.
September 22, 2019

Zoom - The name says it all

• Good video conferencing quality and is easy to deploy
  • Lightweight system needs versus skpye lync communicator mean a responsive user interface
  • Can handle large groups and has telcon features not found in some basic business messaging apps
  • Make a longer screen share time for personal
  • improve settings to control auto video chat
  • UI can be a bit difficult to use at times.
Zoom is good to use for remote sessions or multiple sites as well as with remote users outside of our standard office ecosystem such as freelancers, agencies, etc. who need to be part of internal meetings but may not be on skype/etc. It excels for meetings that use both Screenshare and Video. Good for teams in web development and IT, however, Marketing and Sales use cases work as well.

High quality audio (558)
High quality video (560)
Low bandwidth requirements (495)
Mobile support (1)
Desktop sharing (554)
Whiteboards (345)
Calendar integration (490)
Meeting initiation (544)
Integrates with social media (213)
Record meetings / events (517)
Slideshows (367)
Live chat (463)
Audience polling (280)
Q&A (318)
User authentication (389)
Participant roles & permissions (437)
Confidential attendee list (304)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors