Reviews (176-200 of 444)
- One-touch to start meetings.
- Ease of use for the end-user.
- Great support.
- Multiple conference lines
- Easy screen sharing
- Ability to call in over phone or VoIP
- Easy connection.
- Mobile version.
- Clear sound and video.
- Very user-friendly and straight-forward to connect, even without an account.
- The connection is almost always good without calls dropping or interruptions.
- Other services, such as recording, are available.
Zoom is not suited for sending instant messages or emails, but it would be great if they could also develop some kind of feature to address this. It is also not a SharePoint site to deposit material or a Google Doc/Sheet tool to collaborate on documents.
- Ease of use
- Good quality
- Easy to use.
- Strong connection allowing easy collaboration.
- Easy to access and use.
- Ability to record calls.
- Strong network connection and stability.
- easy to use
- allows you to share documents
- allows you to type messages
- Easy to use.
- Quick set-up.
- Simple Administration.
- Excellent connectivity
- Ease of use
- Very low failure rates/rarely are calls dropped
- Staff Training
- Staff Meetings
- Greater intimacy with clients
- Improved communication and understanding
- More opportunities for collaboration
- Anywhere and any time
- Screen sharing
- interactive ability to connect with anyone with a device
- easy log on and learning curve
- use of computer audio with computer
- Zoom provides seamless connections.
- Supports time zone changes well.
- Has a nice interface.
- It is particularly stable. It may be idle for weeks and then operate without any issues.
- It has a good and simple tablet interface, which lets even the basic user join meetings without IT help.
- It has good quality and performance in video conferences even between different countries.
- Zoom has recently released a Chrome extension, which is a super convenient way to quickly start and schedule meetings. I enjoyed appear.in for this reason, but the quality was too low. This is valuable for me as a project manager - I am able to quickly schedule Zoom meetings without leaving my current workflow (i.e. I can stay in Google Drive, Hubspot, Google Calendar, Gmail, or wherever else I am working and easily schedule a Zoom call).
- Zoom’s “breakout room” feature is hugely valuable for the interactive client workshops we run. You can easily split multiple users into separate breakout rooms, then easily re-combine all participants back together in real time. I use this feature to facilitate design thinking workshops.
- I use Zoom’s “copy the invitation” feature many times a day – I have very rarely had people I’m connecting with have any trouble joining the call, because the invitation has all of the information they need to easily connect, regardless of whether they are connecting by computer or by phone.
- Its ease of use is incredible. This helps us with clients and internal use.
- The whiteboard feature and recording features are so seamless and we constantly find ourselves using it.
- The settings are very easily adjustable and help us when accommodating a large number of individuals.
- We've found that the audio is incredible because of the individual connection required.
- Also, we love the ease of integrations with other products such as Google calendar.
- User-friendliness. Zoom's interface is straightforward, and you can trust that a new user to whom you send an invite will be walked effortlessly through every step of joining the call, in a matter of minutes.
- Recording. Recording a call is easy and reliable. It's great to be able to bring absent team members up to speed so simply.
- Back-end data. All kinds of stats are easily available, from call participant name lists to participation numbers over time.
We also utilize Zoom for distance learning. We have multiple sites set up with Zoom classrooms for teaching/learning.
- Easy to use: the product is a lightweight install and even non-technical individuals can figure out how to use it.
- Dependable: in the 5 years we've used it, I only recall one outage.
- Quality: the quality of the audio/video is very good.
- Communication: audio/video meetings and also a nice chat feature are included.
- Recording: meetings can be recorded to a local computer or to the cloud.
- Works without issues or glitches.
- Easy to use and is known across the industry.
- Allows different video thumbnail views for recording.
- Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far.
- Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service.
- Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service.
- Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++
- Also for meeting across all barriers
- Easy to use and invite others to join you from all ove.
- Being able to have access to face to face interaction without having to be face to face
- Zoom does multi-party calling very well.
- Zoom enables the sharing of documents and media well.
- Zoom does a great job of organizing the location and time zones of callers.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.
In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:
Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|