Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom Just Works!Zoom is an easy-to-use video conferencing tool that addressed several problems around student engagement with Fordham's Online Masters in Social Work program, a top-ranked, nationally-recognized completely asynchronous degree program. First, students could start their own small-group video sessions and record them, which they could then post online in the Blackboard or Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS). The video recorded as a .mp4 so the video will play in the browser when clicked (no plug-ins). Activities such as these are useful for role plays and practicing social work and leadership skills. Zoom also addressed our need to build community online, so an instructor or our admissions department could easily set up a meeting, share their screens or a video, and hold small, breakout discussions. A tool link in the LMS provided a single sign-on with our internal systems, but a Zoom link will just work, which is so satisfying!,It works with a click of the link, just download a small plug-in one time. A host can download software to make scheduling easier, and it comes with an online chat feature to boot. We were able to provide academic or technical office hours with chat. Screen sharing is very robust and easy. Videos record to your computer, so finding files is easy. Files record in mp4 format, which play in a modern browser.,Some functionality in the back end to group users into departments or programs could use some updating, but in the time I have used the software I have seen constant updates.,10,A site license for Zoom may be prohibitive; Adobe Connect was cheaper, but did not allow for students to initiate meetings and need Flash (which caused a lot of issues). Zoom addressed student engagement issues in our online program easily over other options.,We do not use them. Added cost, and we were not sure how applicable they would be for our use.,Adobe Connect and Skype,Adobe Connect, Skype, WebEx MeetingsGreat collab and webinar tool!It's used across the whole org, as a remote collab tool for remote staff. We're also using it for a a few months as our main webinar solution. We also have 5 Zoom Rooms deployed across our remote locations.,Quality of voice and video Simplicity, especially for external users,Upgrading the client is sometimes troublesome. Often the client tells me it's updated while it isn't. A few of our customers have IT policies denying the use of remote collab tools other than WEBEX. Maybe a wide campaign to make Zoom well known and, at least, allowed at those orgs would be nice...,10,We added some costs, but we have way more licenses allowing much more collaboration than before, with WEBEX. User adoption was easy, with the simple usage, quality and features available on Zoom.,Great feature, way cheaper than traditional VC. We love it, especially after adoption Logitech POP + Harmony to automate room startup.,WebEx Meetings, Skype for Business, Skype and GoToMeeting,Skype for Business,130,4,Online meetings Webinars Sales,Online classes mixing remote VC rooms and individuals on theirs PCs. That was a nice surprise,Allowing a full home office workforce to work as productive as local staff.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,No.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,None,10,9,No,I haven't needed any extraordinary help, just a few doubts while deploying and minor issues later on...,Sharing Polling Webinar setup,None,Yes,10My company zooms with Zoom!We utilize Zoom for remote company meetings, sales demos, and product support. We were previous users of GoToMeeting, but the significant cost savings to switch to Zoom was a no-brainer. We have had a few issues with the product, but all-in-all we are very satisfied with Zoom. I especially like the integration with my Outlook calendar, so I can schedule or start a meeting directly from Outlook. I also like the fact that the organizer doesn't have to make someone a presenter in order for them to share their screen.,Cost savings over comparable tools is significant Quality of service is on par or better than GoToMeeting and WebEx. The ability to start or schedule meetings directly in Outlook Easily switch screen sharing between participants.,We have experienced some audio issues, where the attendees joined the meeting prior to the organizer, and for some reason, none of the participants could hear the others. The organizer had to join to the audio portion first. This isn't a consistent issue, but does happen on occasion.,9,Significant cost savings,,Slack, Zendesk, Teamwork Project Manager,23,,Sales demos Remote company meetings Product support,Product development includes a remote programmer in their daily Agile stand-up meeting via Zoom We have used it to record product demonstration videos to be used on our website. We use it extensively for product support.,We may at some point implement Zoom webinars and Zoom Rooms.,10Educators will rejoice with ZoomI use it with my online course that I teach. Each week, I have a Zoom meeting with my students. This gives them an opportunity to ask questions about that week's assignments. I believe what it is also doing is bridging that gap between isolation and classroom interaction. For some students when they take an online course they feel isolated, even though there might be discussion boards to do and they will read other classmates' posts but it doesn't give students that same connection as if they were in a physical classroom. Since I started using Zoom, I have noticed that students who participate in the Zoom meetings that they earn higher grades compared to the students not participating. Being the Director of Distance Learning, I use Zoom to host monthly meetings with our site coordinators. Before Zoom, there would be annual meetings happening on the main campus. Being able to do monthly meetings, I was able to keep them updated with the latest happening on campus plus I was able to do extensive training on the software that we use every day on the main campus.,3 levels of broadcast. This is a fabulous feature that I have not seen on any other video conferencing software. If a participant is on a poor internet service, they will receive a smaller broadcast of the session. Unlike other video conference software, if you don't have good internet connection then you are out of luck. Screen Sharing +. So as a host you can share your screen with the audience. I know, "Big Deal, the others can do that", but Zoom expanded it. The audience members can share their screen with everyone or you can give mouse control of your shared screen with an audience member. Which is great for teaching!!! Customer Service/Plans. These guys have the best customer service team. You email a question, you get a response within a few hours, not days. Plus if you are an educator or education institution, they have some of the best deals for you.,There is one thing. I want to have a button in my online class that would let students know that I am available or not for them to communicate with me through Zoom and they would click on the button and it would open up a Zoom meeting. That might already exist, but I just haven't had the time to research it.,10,The big one is that is helping our employees who work away from the main campus as being part of the campus again. Many of those employees expressed to me that they felt more like they were on an island and now they feel like they are apart of the campus.,WebEx Meetings and GoToMeeting,Microsoft Office 2016, Moodle, Windows AzureZOOM & COURT REPORTINGWe are a court reporting firm and use ZOOM for Video Depositions - Recorded and not Recorded.We also use ZOOM for video conferencing linking either point to point or multi locations.The use of ZOOM allows us to expand our business across the country and worldwide and allows our clients improved efficiency cutting down on travel and time whether across town, across country, or to foreign countries.,We have conducted video linked depositions from our home base in Florida to California, Canada, many states and even as far away as Dubai. We can record in HD-MP4 format and provide immediate copies of the recorded deposition to our clients. We link the recorded meetings/depositions to our cloud storage giving access either electronic or DVD to our clients.,In the last few months ZOOM has added a pause feature to the record function which allows us to interrupt a recording without ending - thus we can resume when ready on the same file.....BUT we need a time and date stamp on the recording to make it fully functional. We have been asking for this for almost two years now with no results.,10,We provide to our clients "free of charge" looking to gain market share in a very competitive environment. So far pleased with results.,Polycom RealPresence Immersive Video Conferencing, GoToMeeting and Skype
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
Top Rated Award
Filter 564 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings
Kraig DeMatteis profile photo
January 27, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Just Works!"

• It works with a click of the link, just download a small plug-in one time. A host can download software to make scheduling easier, and it comes with an online chat feature to boot. We were able to provide academic or technical office hours with chat.
  • Screen sharing is very robust and easy.
  • Videos record to your computer, so finding files is easy. Files record in mp4 format, which play in a modern browser.
  • Some functionality in the back end to group users into departments or programs could use some updating, but in the time I have used the software I have seen constant updates.
For a university, letting students record and host their own videos could be problematic; but, for a masters or doctorate program where role plays, assessment of interpersonal skills or applications of leadership qualities must be demonstrated asynchronously, Zoom is very easy to use, has online help and copious documentation.
Read Kraig DeMatteis's full review
Rodrigo Garcia profile photo
January 27, 2017

Zoom Review: "Great collab and webinar tool!"

We also have 5 Zoom Rooms deployed across our remote locations.
  • Quality of voice and video
  • Simplicity, especially for external users
  • Upgrading the client is sometimes troublesome. Often the client tells me it's updated while it isn't.
  • A few of our customers have IT policies denying the use of remote collab tools other than WEBEX. Maybe a wide campaign to make Zoom well known and, at least, allowed at those orgs would be nice...
I believe that when there is need for remote collaboration, Zoom is a nice candidate. I fail to see a scenario where it's not suited.
Great feature, way cheaper than traditional VC.
Read Rodrigo Garcia's full review
Timothy Nicholson profile photo
January 27, 2017

User Review: "My company zooms with Zoom!"

• Cost savings over comparable tools is significant
  • Quality of service is on par or better than GoToMeeting and WebEx.
  • The ability to start or schedule meetings directly in Outlook
  • Easily switch screen sharing between participants.
  • We have experienced some audio issues, where the attendees joined the meeting prior to the organizer, and for some reason, none of the participants could hear the others. The organizer had to join to the audio portion first. This isn't a consistent issue, but does happen on occasion.
Zoom is, in my honest opinion, a great tool for small to medium sized remote meetings. Zoom also offers a webinar feature that allows for larger audiences (comparable with GoToWebinar), but we do not utilize that. It is also a good tool for product support, except it isn't suited for transferring files easily or controlling administrator-level windows (e.g. Windows Services - you see them but you can't control them). For support, I was using GoToAssist at one time, but I could get 3 Zoom licenses for what I was paying for 1 GoToAssist license.
Read Timothy Nicholson's full review
Brent Zweifel profile photo
January 27, 2017

User Review: "Educators will rejoice with Zoom"

• 3 levels of broadcast. This is a fabulous feature that I have not seen on any other video conferencing software. If a participant is on a poor internet service, they will receive a smaller broadcast of the session. Unlike other video conference software, if you don't have good internet connection then you are out of luck.
  • Screen Sharing +. So as a host you can share your screen with the audience. I know, "Big Deal, the others can do that", but Zoom expanded it. The audience members can share their screen with everyone or you can give mouse control of your shared screen with an audience member. Which is great for teaching!!!
  • Customer Service/Plans. These guys have the best customer service team. You email a question, you get a response within a few hours, not days. Plus if you are an educator or education institution, they have some of the best deals for you.
  • There is one thing. I want to have a button in my online class that would let students know that I am available or not for them to communicate with me through Zoom and they would click on the button and it would open up a Zoom meeting. That might already exist, but I just haven't had the time to research it.
It is a great tool for teaching distance courses. It gives students that connection to their classmates that is found in the courses that are taught in a brick and mortar classroom.

I wouldn't do meetings when the person attending is less than 15 feet away from you. Bad feedback noise.
Read Brent Zweifel's full review
Larry Murray profile photo
January 27, 2017

User Review: "ZOOM & COURT REPORTING"

• We have conducted video linked depositions from our home base in Florida to California, Canada, many states and even as far away as Dubai.
  • We can record in HD-MP4 format and provide immediate copies of the recorded deposition to our clients.
  • We link the recorded meetings/depositions to our cloud storage giving access either electronic or DVD to our clients.
  • In the last few months ZOOM has added a pause feature to the record function which allows us to interrupt a recording without ending - thus we can resume when ready on the same file.....BUT we need a time and date stamp on the recording to make it fully functional. We have been asking for this for almost two years now with no results.
Read Larry Murray's full review
Randall Sansom profile photo
January 26, 2017

Zoom Review: "The best video conferencing program out there today!"

We use Zoom for both internal meetings across campuses and as a platform for teaching our online students. It allows seamless connection with remote employees and students from all around the world.
  • Zoom is easy enough to use that even our most technologically challenged users never have a problem downloading and joining a meeting
  • The video is always high quality with very little distortion.
  • The features that give me the ability to monitor and control users is fantastic. Students sometimes struggle to realize that their background noise can be distracting to other students.
  • There are still a few audio issues from time to time such as echoing and reverb. I know that's a user issue, but it does cause confusion from time to time.
Zoom is well suited for both meetings and face to face communication with individual students and student groups. We even have a zoom room set up for students to just pop into like a student commons. The room is setup to auto record and store recordings for 72 hours so that students can report any issues with fellow classmates.
Read Randall Sansom's full review
Andrew Claes profile photo
January 26, 2017

User Review: "Educational access improved with Zoom"

I use Zoom on a weekly basis to communicate with other Special Education Directors across the state. We are able to conduct board business, facilitate meetings, reduce travel time and time out of the office. We use Zoom to communicate with remote office locations and facilitate committee work groups.
  • Zoom is a reliable platform for communication and sharing screen images.
  • Zoom is easy to schedule and initiate or log on to.
  • Zoom is easy for new members to acces
  • Zoom might consider a chat or notes page for record keeping or facilitating an agenda.
Zoom is well suited for routine update meetings, providing input on a concept or topic, facilitating a meeting agenda, and structured meetings. It is less suited for longer, meetings where group facilitation activities are conducted. Zoom is less ideal in situation where a few members are coming together with a larger group with multiple conversations. Zoom works really well when one person talks a a time.
I have not had an opportunity to use Zoom rooms. I am not familiar with this feature.
Read Andrew Claes's full review
Audra Brownlee profile photo
January 26, 2017

User Review: "Using Zoom in Education Classrooms"

I use Zoom with a consortium of school districts in South Central Kansas. We have implemented Zoom into our H.323 videoconference class scenario. Zoom has created many new avenues for my schools through video! We most use Zoom to deliver or connect high school and dual credit courses between school districts. We also use Zoom to bring curriculum enhancing material such as content providers and experts into K-8 classrooms without any extra equipment. It is all live and interactive.
  • Zoom has been great to listen to their users. They have over the last couple of years integrated many new features that help my teachers.
  • Technical support is wonderful! They are a phone call away and have many videos that explain features perfectly.
  • My teachers have loved how user friendly Zoom is! There is no in-depth training. It's so simple to get started. It's made integration very easy!
  • Honestly, Zoom has been cutting edge! They release new features all the time! I cannot find an area for improvement.
We have integrated Zoom for meetings between one administrator to another. We also do full classroom integration. It is easily scale able and the equipment is as complicated as you want to make it. Zoom can be integrated on a very cheap scale, or you can go very techie and buy expensive equipment....although I wouldn't recommend the latter, unless you just have money to burn.
Read Audra Brownlee's full review
C. Todd Hamilton profile photo
January 26, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Zoom - Off we Go!"

We are a global organization in more than 120 countries. We needed to connect our leaders and volunteers around the world. We now use Zoom for all of our board, committee and report employee conversations. Many of our chapters have also started using Zoom to connect their members virtually.
  • It's easy! We have members around the world and we need a communications vehicle that is simple to use and intuitive.
  • Global Access. The ability to have local numbers in many countries allows us to be locally relevant to many members.
  • Allows for instant communication. Being a member in a country half way around the world, and being able to connect instantly to headquarters staff allows us to impact our members in ways inconceivable just a few years ago.
  • Always appreciate the addition of more county access numbers.
In a "people business" it's incredibly important to connect with your clients and colleagues. Zoom allows you to do this in ways that enhance communication. In a global firm, how something is said, is often as important as what is said. With Zoom there are fewer misunderstandings from a language or cultural context.
Read C. Todd Hamilton's full review
Colin Wilson profile photo
January 26, 2017

User Review: "Zoom - Higher Education"

Zoom is our recommended solution for all audio & video teleconferencing needs. Zoom is available to faculty, staff, and students at the University. Zoom allows our university to further our mission of academic excellence by providing the ability to facilitate meetings between users on and off campus, by creating a reliable solution for distance learning, and by giving faculty the ability to hold high quality webinars, while being very cost effective and user friendly.
  • Host, Schedule, and Join Meetings
  • Zoom Rooms provide professional quality conferences
  • Easy to use, easy to manage
  • Reporting capabilities could be more detailed
Zoom is well suited for daily meetings, whether that is online office hours between faculty and staff, or a business meeting with one of our satellite campuses. Zoom Webinars provide the ability for faculty to invite specialists in their respective fields around the world to be apart of their classroom, giving students opportunities they would not normally have.
Zoom Rooms are worth the investment. Zoom Rooms transmit audio & video at a very high quality. This is very important in the business world. Zoom rooms allow everyone to be seen and heard clearly for the remote parties, regardless of where in the room each individual is sitting. Each individual is able to be a part of the meeting with ease.
Read Colin Wilson's full review
John Readwin profile photo
April 24, 2017

Review: "Zoom a great (and less expensive) alternative to GoToMeeting"

I use it to conduct video meetings and training sessions with my clients using the both the remote control functions and video screen sharing functions of the software.
  • Video Meetings, easy to use, lots of options
  • Ability to use custom backdrops via a "green screen"
  • Quick easy meetings, either scheduled or on the fly
  • Remote Control of other computers for doing remote support seems like a bit of an afterthought
Video screen sharing, webinars and training sessions is where Zoom really shines. If you want to use Zoom for remote support sessions as a primary function, then look elsewhere.
Read John Readwin's full review
Marty Miller profile photo
March 24, 2017

User Review: "SoulCon Zoom"

I use Zoom to connect men that live across the country for training, support and accountability meetings. The most recent use of Zoom was with a group of men that were involved in the SoulCon Challenge. It provided a simple easy to use platform for guys to connect.
  • Easy to access for everyone anywhere
  • Simplicity
  • Many levels of application
  • Can't really think of any
Groups that don't have any feasible way of connecting other than online can develop community through weekly meetings. Our most recent group consisted of about 10 men who were doing the physically, mentally, and spiritually challenging 6-week SoulCon Challenge. We met online every Sunday night to report our experience and our progress. It truly brought a sense of community that would not have been possible without Zoom!
Read Marty Miller's full review
Jason Wong profile photo
March 23, 2017

User Review: "Love Zooms"

We use Zoom across the whole organization. It has been a very useful conference call tool since we have teams in US and in China. Always works flawlessly.
  • Easy Connection.
  • Clear Sound for multiple people.
  • Easy to share screen.
  • Would be great if it was easier to chat with internal team members already using the same email address, on call or off call.
  • Conference call rooms should have a nickname so easier to remember (other than numbers).
Well suited if you have multiple team across the globe.
Love the feature and gets others to use quickly.
Read Jason Wong's full review
Julie Gordon White, Bestselling Author &amp; Advisor profile photo
January 31, 2017

Review: "Zoom has helped me zoom my business growth!"

I love Zoom! I deliver 90% of my training and coaching programs over Zoom and my clients love it. Very easy to install and use.
  • Very stable connection.
  • Easy to share content with screen share.
  • Video is 100% better for building relationships versus just a phone call.
  • Some users have difficulty signing on.
  • Some uses can sign on, but can't the video or audio to work.
Best suited for meetings with up 12 individuals in gallery view so all participants can see each other, and less effective with sharing the screen with more than 4 people because you can only see 4 faces unless you click to scroll which can cause the presenter to forget about the additional hidden participants.
Read Julie Gordon White, Bestselling Author & Advisor's full review
Nathaniel Phillips profile photo
January 27, 2017

User Review: "Zoom gets the job done"

We use it for classes, meetings, interviews, and webinars.
  • Clear audio.
  • Easy to use (everything is obvious and on the screen, no instruction required).
  • Integrates with other things.
  • Zoom Rooms doesn't always update at the same time as the regular Zoom, they may not be in sync with new features--that would be nice.
  • Would like a digital zoom feature on the webcam view.
  • Perhaps a small indicator of the number of viewers/participants, for moderators, in an always visible corner of the window.
Zoom works really well for small to medium sized conferences.
I could almost see it as a replacement for a phone.

Yes, it's working very well. We are very satisfied. The only issue is that it consumes a lot of resources (you basically have to devote an entire computer to run it).
Read Nathaniel Phillips's full review
Jeffrey Agron profile photo
January 27, 2017

User Review: "Zoom is the best!"

We use Zoom for meetings, webinars and classes. We have at least 15 people using it for various reasons. We are all spread around the world, and Zoom allows us to do our business and teach our students.
  • Very easy interface for people to use, even if they are technologically challenged.
  • Instant messaging is particularly helpful. Allows our team to communicate quickly.
  • Mobile version is great.
  • I really can't think of anything.
It is a great tool for us as a virtual organization. Allows us to communicate and is an important component of our learning groups.
Read Jeffrey Agron's full review
May 26, 2017

User Review: "Zoom to your meetings!"

I believe a few of us are using Zoom currently. Zoom allows for me to set up meetings at the click of a few buttons and allows for me to share screens back and forth with our partners and customers. I was first introduced to Zoom by one of our customers and I've loved it. Zoom google calendar integration scheduling cuts down on scheduling time!
  • Zoom is a great way to share screen back and forth in a meeting. I've found that it's reliable and doesn't have much lag.
  • Great Google Calendar integration that makes inviting people to Zoom meetings seamless. This is one of the coolest features for sure!
  • The calling audio quality is great!
  • I have had the app send out links that don't work before and needed to resend out invites.
  • Sometimes the app needs to be restarted if you have it set to start app when the computer starts up. Not sure if it's half starting up or what.
  • I've had the app crash before during a meeting, but it's been a while. I'd like to see more functionality on pushing the meeting to our TV.
Zoom is great for scheduling meetings through Google Chrome! Love the integration there. The app screen shares well and I've had very little problems with using Zoom. Having the meeting link in the Google Calendar app is a Godsend! I've had a few wires crossed while using the app in which I needed to generate new meeting links.
April 24, 2017

User Review: "Switch to Zoom ASAP"

Our whole company uses Zoom for meetings, which is especially important since our employees are spread out through the country and across the Atlantic. This addresses the major issue of communication between different departments and offices, and its ease of use makes it well worth it for us. Zoom is the best product of its type that we've used so far.
  • Ease of use and quality of the stream
  • Connectivity is smooth
  • A large number of people can join at once without any issues
  • The audio quality could be improved
Zoom is perfect for meetings involving people spread across different offices during scenarios where they need to brainstorm or report new information. The incredible thing about Zoom is that you won't suffer any productivity slowdowns, and it feels as if everyone is sitting in the same room. It is also useful for company wide calls where a small number of people are speaking to a larger group.
We do use Zoom rooms, and it has been a great addition to our office. The ease of use and connectivity with the cameras is incredible and so much better than using a laptop or normal webcam to connect. Once again, this has encouraged more participation during meetings because everyone can be seen on camera, or the camera can be easily adjusted to focus on different areas without having to disrupt the meeting.
April 03, 2017

User Review: "Zoom simply works without frustration"

We use Zoom several times a week, both internally and for customer presentations.
  • Convenient calendar format makes it easy to set up and join meetings.
  • Screen sharing is self evident compared to several competitors.
  • Administering users is relatively easy.
  • Easier administration. It's not simple, for instance, to change a billing option.
  • Better pricing for small organizations.
  • Maybe a family plan?
  • Disassociate the user and their email address. Having multiple emails for a single person would be nice. Dropbox has this issue as well.
It's not a workflow solution. It would be nice to have an alternative for Slack, where conversations are managed by groups.
I've used them all, and been a seed investor in several. Zoom works - clearly in the top tier.
March 24, 2017

User Review: "For coaching, Zoom is super efficient!"

I am using Zoom for my one-to-one coaching sessions and also for workshops.
  • Give both sides the opportunity of seeing other party.
  • You can easily share your screen & music etc.
  • Recording option.
  • I want to record just myself but it records all people (while share screen is open).
  • I want to see all participants at the same time but I can't if I want to make my video "pin".
  • I wish I could link it to a Stripe account or smt so I could use it as a webinar platform.
I recommend zoom for my other coach friends for their workshops and even for one-on-ones. To be able to see participants is really a big advantage.
I am using Zoom meetings. I actually don't know what Zoom Rooms is. I will check.
February 09, 2017

User Review: "Zoom-ing past the competition!"

Zoom is currently being used across the entire organization as our go to conferencing solution. It is currently being used as a peer to peer solution and is used a great deal in our companywide "Townhall".
  • Highly reliable. Since moving to Zoom we have had little to no trouble at all connecting calls.
  • Quality of calls have been excellent.
  • Easily integrates with other applications that we currently use.
One of the best conferencing solutions on the market. Others are just unreliable.
Quick to set up and very intuitive.
February 09, 2017

Review: "Zoom has transformed the way I work with clients"

We use Zoom across the whole organization. Our training programs have both synchronous and asynchronous learning. We use Zoom for all of the synchronous learning. We also use Zoom for our free training programs, which are designed to attract new clients.
  • Good, consistent broadcast quality
  • Easy log-in access
  • Screen sharing capabilities
  • Bringing a listener onto the screen, live
  • Ability to seamlessly include slides without having to go into screen share, then out of screen share
Great for webinars, with the exception of incorporating slides when you want, without having to switch back from screen sharing. Great for online class delivery.
I don't currently use them.
February 08, 2017

Zoom Review: "Love it! Some Room for Improvement"

We host virtual monthly masterminds monthly and Zoom is used as the platform to interact with our members. We have a community of close to 100 members. We have daily sessions where we meet in groups of 4 to 10 with a local expert on that particular subject matter of the month.
  • Stand alone software that enables us to see and interact with people in gallery view simultaneously
  • We get a opportunity to connect with people without leaving our respective spaces
  • the video quality is often very good.
  • There is a need to download software. If there was an opportunity to have a web based solution or something that doesn't download a software that would be useful. not necessarily a deal breaker though
  • there are times when one or a few of our members don't have access to video. We've tried logging them off and then logging them in again but everyone else's video works but theres. not sure the cause of this after testing if they had more than one webcams or if they were not on a wifi network with enough bandwidth
  • often experience instability on one or a few member's computer. This could be because of the system that the user is using. Is there a way to reduce or improve the pull that the software has on the computer's system?
  • There seems to be choppiness in the sound quality from time to time. This too can be an individual user issue.
It's well suited for all sorts of meetings. I've used the webinar function as well and there are areas here where it can be improved. More marketing functions could be implemented here. Functions such as allowing a link to be added or a more structured chat module that enables everyone to see the conversation that is being drummed up around the webinar
This is an amazing feature that we have used.
The only glitch we've seen is where we weren't able to assign one or two people out of a group of 8 plus to a room. We had to use a workaround of assigning others to a room and leaving the remaining two in the main room to partner on the main task
February 06, 2017

Review: "Zoom a leader in the Video Conferencing Space"

Zoom has saturated our entire company from conference rooms, to meetings, to streaming webinars and full production webcasts. It address tons of problems from reducing travel expense to increasing productivity.
  • Ease of use, all you have to do is click a link to join a meeting.
  • Video quality, the best compression for live streaming multiple people on low bandwidth connections.
  • Easy screen sharing.
  • Instant messaging and file sharing, easy to use and large file limits makes sharing a breeze.
  • Full 1080p and 4-K streaming of webinars and productions.
  • Sometimes shaky and noisy videos.
  • Conference rooms' iPad sometimes drop off wifi.
Zoom is perfect for low knowledge users due to the overall ease of use. Also the price of creating a full conference room with Zoom is amazing compared to others in this space. But if you have bad equipment for video or audio it will be easily noticed on the receiving and transmitting sides.
Zoom rooms is great for the price, especially when paired with Intel Nucs and affordable USB conference cams and conference audio systems like the Jabra 810. We are highly satisfied with Zoom rooms due to the affordability and ease of implementation.
January 31, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Gets Higher Ed"

Zoom is being used by our entire university - from instructors using it for lecture capture and online office hours, to departments and committees using it for virtual meetings and online workshops. It gives us one solution for a variety of uses across campus. It is more functional than the option built into our LMS (no downtime, distorted video/audio, no clunky installation) and is easier for students, faculty, and staff to use. We spend much less time troubleshooting Zoom than we did with our previous software.
  • Handles many use cases - recording, live meetings, office hours, etc.
  • Easy for beginners, robust enough for more advanced users.
  • Installation is simple.
  • Single Sign On option is great.
  • Zoom does not handle post-production needs (editing video/audio, etc.).
  • Zoom is not fully integrated with [our] LMS.
  • Some settings must be adjusted in online profile, where others can be adjusted in the application itself.
Zoom seems to be well suited for users in higher ed who are looking for a recording and live meeting tool. It is an especially good webinar/virtual meeting tool. It seems to be less appropriate for those looking for a robust lecture capture tool, as it does not handle post-production needs.
No, we do not use Zoom Rooms.

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.