- It works with a click of the link, just download a small plug-in one time. A host can download software to make scheduling easier, and it comes with an online chat feature to boot. We were able to provide academic or technical office hours with chat.
- Screen sharing is very robust and easy.
- Videos record to your computer, so finding files is easy. Files record in mp4 format, which play in a modern browser.
- Some functionality in the back end to group users into departments or programs could use some updating, but in the time I have used the software I have seen constant updates.
We also have 5 Zoom Rooms deployed across our remote locations.
- Quality of voice and video
- Simplicity, especially for external users
- Upgrading the client is sometimes troublesome. Often the client tells me it's updated while it isn't.
- A few of our customers have IT policies denying the use of remote collab tools other than WEBEX. Maybe a wide campaign to make Zoom well known and, at least, allowed at those orgs would be nice...
We love it, especially after adoption Logitech POP + Harmony to automate room startup.
- Cost savings over comparable tools is significant
- Quality of service is on par or better than GoToMeeting and WebEx.
- The ability to start or schedule meetings directly in Outlook
- Easily switch screen sharing between participants.
- We have experienced some audio issues, where the attendees joined the meeting prior to the organizer, and for some reason, none of the participants could hear the others. The organizer had to join to the audio portion first. This isn't a consistent issue, but does happen on occasion.
Being the Director of Distance Learning, I use Zoom to host monthly meetings with our site coordinators. Before Zoom, there would be annual meetings happening on the main campus. Being able to do monthly meetings, I was able to keep them updated with the latest happening on campus plus I was able to do extensive training on the software that we use every day on the main campus.
- 3 levels of broadcast. This is a fabulous feature that I have not seen on any other video conferencing software. If a participant is on a poor internet service, they will receive a smaller broadcast of the session. Unlike other video conference software, if you don't have good internet connection then you are out of luck.
- Screen Sharing +. So as a host you can share your screen with the audience. I know, "Big Deal, the others can do that", but Zoom expanded it. The audience members can share their screen with everyone or you can give mouse control of your shared screen with an audience member. Which is great for teaching!!!
- Customer Service/Plans. These guys have the best customer service team. You email a question, you get a response within a few hours, not days. Plus if you are an educator or education institution, they have some of the best deals for you.
- There is one thing. I want to have a button in my online class that would let students know that I am available or not for them to communicate with me through Zoom and they would click on the button and it would open up a Zoom meeting. That might already exist, but I just haven't had the time to research it.
I wouldn't do meetings when the person attending is less than 15 feet away from you. Bad feedback noise.
We are a court reporting firm and use ZOOM for Video Depositions - Recorded and not Recorded.
We also use ZOOM for video conferencing linking either point to point or multi locations.
The use of ZOOM allows us to expand our business across the country and worldwide and allows our clients improved efficiency cutting down on travel and time whether across town, across country, or to foreign countries.
- We have conducted video linked depositions from our home base in Florida to California, Canada, many states and even as far away as Dubai.
- We can record in HD-MP4 format and provide immediate copies of the recorded deposition to our clients.
- We link the recorded meetings/depositions to our cloud storage giving access either electronic or DVD to our clients.
- In the last few months ZOOM has added a pause feature to the record function which allows us to interrupt a recording without ending - thus we can resume when ready on the same file.....BUT we need a time and date stamp on the recording to make it fully functional. We have been asking for this for almost two years now with no results.
- Zoom is easy enough to use that even our most technologically challenged users never have a problem downloading and joining a meeting
- The video is always high quality with very little distortion.
- The features that give me the ability to monitor and control users is fantastic. Students sometimes struggle to realize that their background noise can be distracting to other students.
- There are still a few audio issues from time to time such as echoing and reverb. I know that's a user issue, but it does cause confusion from time to time.
- Zoom is a reliable platform for communication and sharing screen images.
- Zoom is easy to schedule and initiate or log on to.
- Zoom is easy for new members to acces
- Zoom might consider a chat or notes page for record keeping or facilitating an agenda.
- Zoom has been great to listen to their users. They have over the last couple of years integrated many new features that help my teachers.
- Technical support is wonderful! They are a phone call away and have many videos that explain features perfectly.
- My teachers have loved how user friendly Zoom is! There is no in-depth training. It's so simple to get started. It's made integration very easy!
- Honestly, Zoom has been cutting edge! They release new features all the time! I cannot find an area for improvement.
- It's easy! We have members around the world and we need a communications vehicle that is simple to use and intuitive.
- Global Access. The ability to have local numbers in many countries allows us to be locally relevant to many members.
- Allows for instant communication. Being a member in a country half way around the world, and being able to connect instantly to headquarters staff allows us to impact our members in ways inconceivable just a few years ago.
- Always appreciate the addition of more county access numbers.
- Video Meetings, easy to use, lots of options
- Ability to use custom backdrops via a "green screen"
- Quick easy meetings, either scheduled or on the fly
- Remote Control of other computers for doing remote support seems like a bit of an afterthought
- Easy Connection.
- Clear Sound for multiple people.
- Easy to share screen.
- Would be great if it was easier to chat with internal team members already using the same email address, on call or off call.
- Conference call rooms should have a nickname so easier to remember (other than numbers).
- Very stable connection.
- Easy to share content with screen share.
- Video is 100% better for building relationships versus just a phone call.
- Some users have difficulty signing on.
- Some uses can sign on, but can't the video or audio to work.
- Clear audio.
- Easy to use (everything is obvious and on the screen, no instruction required).
- Integrates with other things.
- Zoom Rooms doesn't always update at the same time as the regular Zoom, they may not be in sync with new features--that would be nice.
- Would like a digital zoom feature on the webcam view.
- Perhaps a small indicator of the number of viewers/participants, for moderators, in an always visible corner of the window.
I could almost see it as a replacement for a phone.
- Very easy interface for people to use, even if they are technologically challenged.
- Instant messaging is particularly helpful. Allows our team to communicate quickly.
- Mobile version is great.
- I really can't think of anything.
- Zoom is a great way to share screen back and forth in a meeting. I've found that it's reliable and doesn't have much lag.
- Great Google Calendar integration that makes inviting people to Zoom meetings seamless. This is one of the coolest features for sure!
- The calling audio quality is great!
- I have had the app send out links that don't work before and needed to resend out invites.
- Sometimes the app needs to be restarted if you have it set to start app when the computer starts up. Not sure if it's half starting up or what.
- I've had the app crash before during a meeting, but it's been a while. I'd like to see more functionality on pushing the meeting to our TV.
- Convenient calendar format makes it easy to set up and join meetings.
- Screen sharing is self evident compared to several competitors.
- Administering users is relatively easy.
- Easier administration. It's not simple, for instance, to change a billing option.
- Better pricing for small organizations.
- Maybe a family plan?
- Disassociate the user and their email address. Having multiple emails for a single person would be nice. Dropbox has this issue as well.
- Give both sides the opportunity of seeing other party.
- You can easily share your screen & music etc.
- Recording option.
- I want to record just myself but it records all people (while share screen is open).
- I want to see all participants at the same time but I can't if I want to make my video "pin".
- I wish I could link it to a Stripe account or smt so I could use it as a webinar platform.
- Highly reliable. Since moving to Zoom we have had little to no trouble at all connecting calls.
- Quality of calls have been excellent.
- Easily integrates with other applications that we currently use.
- Good, consistent broadcast quality
- Easy log-in access
- Screen sharing capabilities
- Bringing a listener onto the screen, live
- Ability to seamlessly include slides without having to go into screen share, then out of screen share
- Stand alone software that enables us to see and interact with people in gallery view simultaneously
- We get a opportunity to connect with people without leaving our respective spaces
- the video quality is often very good.
- There is a need to download software. If there was an opportunity to have a web based solution or something that doesn't download a software that would be useful. not necessarily a deal breaker though
- there are times when one or a few of our members don't have access to video. We've tried logging them off and then logging them in again but everyone else's video works but theres. not sure the cause of this after testing if they had more than one webcams or if they were not on a wifi network with enough bandwidth
- often experience instability on one or a few member's computer. This could be because of the system that the user is using. Is there a way to reduce or improve the pull that the software has on the computer's system?
- There seems to be choppiness in the sound quality from time to time. This too can be an individual user issue.
The only glitch we've seen is where we weren't able to assign one or two people out of a group of 8 plus to a room. We had to use a workaround of assigning others to a room and leaving the remaining two in the main room to partner on the main task
- Ease of use, all you have to do is click a link to join a meeting.
- Video quality, the best compression for live streaming multiple people on low bandwidth connections.
- Easy screen sharing.
- Instant messaging and file sharing, easy to use and large file limits makes sharing a breeze.
- Full 1080p and 4-K streaming of webinars and productions.
- Sometimes shaky and noisy videos.
- Conference rooms' iPad sometimes drop off wifi.
- Handles many use cases - recording, live meetings, office hours, etc.
- Easy for beginners, robust enough for more advanced users.
- Installation is simple.
- Single Sign On option is great.
- Zoom does not handle post-production needs (editing video/audio, etc.).
- Zoom is not fully integrated with [our] LMS.
- Some settings must be adjusted in online profile, where others can be adjusted in the application itself.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|