Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom Meetings FlyZoom is used for all of our web meetings both customer facing and internally to connect our East and West teams. Zoom is lightweight and always works. The cost is cheaper than using WebEx or GoToMeeting.,Lightweight platform Great quality audio Webinar page setup Ease of use,10,Cheaper than GoToMeeting and WebEx. Easy to setup reoccurring meetings. Great for webinars.,Webex and GoToMeeting,LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SlackZoom is the ultimate private coaching office.Zoom is the ultimate virtual office. I love having customized "meeting rooms" for each client. It makes scheduling and management smooth and structured. The audio recording feature gives my coaching business an extra element of lifetime value.,Private meeting room links Audio recording of sessions Up to 50 participants,Recording management - I would love the ability to only download audio and save space. Right now I have to do this manually each session and it is unnecessarily time-consuming.,10,Valuable pieces of content via recordings,Zoom helps us zoom to the solutionZoom is being used by some of our consultants to run screen sharing services for our clients. We use it to address the challenge that all of our clients are remote.,Easy set up, meeting sharing, and call-in. Easy participant/host management. Fast. Good recording capabilities.,Screen sharing toolbar is bulky and obtrusive. Defaulting meetings to have the camera on can be surprising for clients and hosts. Would appreciate a web-only interface for participants.,9,Zoom has helped us achieve cost savings, as it's definitely an affordable tool. Clients seem to be more interested in screen sharing due to Zoom's ease of use.,ReadyTalk, Join.me, WebEx Meetings and GoToMeetingI looked for the perfect virtual meeting/webinar solution for years... I found it with ZoomWe use Zoom to hold meetings, conference calls, and webinars. We are moving towards using Zoom almost exclusively (we sometimes use Skype as well, but it does not meet our needs at the same price point that Zoom does). We're able to meet anytime, with many people, and it's very easy to use and reliable.,Teaching tools: you can share your screen, annotate, and engage your audience Encryption available for added security (a must in many industries!) Easy to use (despite having to download software),Some settings are not easy to find (I feel they should be in settings but they are found elsewhere),10,It makes communication much easier It's reliable, which means that my business maintains a professional image,Skype, GoToWebinar, Google Hangouts and ClickWebinar,Slack, AsanaSolid screensharing tool - improving dramatically!Zoom is used across our team and has been a super simple solution to complex support issues and virtual meetings. It is easy to use, forces all users to download the applet so passing presenter role, etc., is really easy. There is a permanent link you can send to all your meeting attendees every time.,Video stream Passing presenter role Recognition of poor connection Making it easy to share screens,Making the meeting link personal like zoom.com/yourname/meeting Knowing which screen is actively being used Local RAM usage,10,Positive: easy screensharing with all involved parties Positive: consistent sharable meeting link Positive: easy to use platform,No, I do not use Zoom rooms. I would be interested in learning more though!,Join.me, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and Google Hangouts,Customer.io, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Dashlane
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 645 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings

Christopher Fago profile photo
August 04, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Meetings Fly"

• Lightweight platform
  • Great quality audio
  • Webinar page setup
  • Ease of use
I used Zoom for a webinar campaign and it allowed me to create a great landing page with a company logo.
Read Christopher Fago's full review
Christine Conforti profile photo
March 28, 2017

Review: "Zoom is the ultimate private coaching office."

• Private meeting room links
  • Audio recording of sessions
  • Up to 50 participants
  • Recording management - I would love the ability to only download audio and save space. Right now I have to do this manually each session and it is unnecessarily time-consuming.
Very appropriate for confidential client sessions. The recording feature is key. I also love how I can take a session easily from my phone via the app. As a digital nomad, this flexibility is a must to accommodate my travel.
Read Christine Conforti's full review
Alex Engel profile photo
March 23, 2017

User Review: "Zoom helps us zoom to the solution"

• Easy set up, meeting sharing, and call-in.
  • Easy participant/host management.
  • Fast.
  • Good recording capabilities.
  • Screen sharing toolbar is bulky and obtrusive.
  • Defaulting meetings to have the camera on can be surprising for clients and hosts.
  • Would appreciate a web-only interface for participants.
Zoom is very well suited to small and quick screen sharing sessions or web conferences. Zoom could be less appropriate for large conferences where hosts poll the audience or collect questions.
Read Alex Engel's full review
Tammy Bjelland profile photo
March 22, 2017

Review: "I looked for the perfect virtual meeting/webinar solution for years... I found it with Zoom"

• Teaching tools: you can share your screen, annotate, and engage your audience
  • Encryption available for added security (a must in many industries!)
  • Easy to use (despite having to download software)
  • Some settings are not easy to find (I feel they should be in settings but they are found elsewhere)
Zoom is well suited for almost any situation -- individuals who want to communicate virtually with others, online teachers, small businesses, larger businesses... the list goes on and on. I would say that this is a user-friendly option for organizations of all sizes and industries. Because of the security options available, I can't think of any industry this would not work well for.
Read Tammy Bjelland's full review
Ted Bennett profile photo
March 20, 2017

Zoom Review: "Solid screensharing tool - improving dramatically!"

• Video stream
  • Passing presenter role
  • Recognition of poor connection
  • Making it easy to share screens
  • Making the meeting link personal like zoom.com/yourname/meeting
  • Knowing which screen is actively being used
  • Local RAM usage
Where zoom is well suited:
- Support calls/demos where it is important for all involved parties to share screens
- Ability to easily

Where zoom is less appropriate:
- large scale meetings with 50+ attendees. The bandwidth discrepancies can cause serious lag depending on who is screensharing. I've had connection issues a couple times with large groups.

No, I do not use Zoom rooms. I would be interested in learning more though!
Read Ted Bennett's full review
Anitha Damodar profile photo
June 20, 2017

Review: "Use Zoom for easy collaboration across the Global"

Zoom has been used for our inter-departmental meetings. It is a great collaborative tool and helps us interact better when we can see and talk to each of the participants. It has also helped us to take a call at anytime anywhere without having to look for a phone or cell phone. It has immensely helped me during my work from home days when I can easily set-up calls and be part of the discussion.
  • Video and audio call
  • Desktop share
  • Easy access and set up
  • Clear connection
  • I wish the video didn't turn on automatically at the start of a call.
It's well suited for remote access calls, when a team is spread across various locations.
Have not used Zoom Rooms
Read Anitha Damodar's full review
Tom Davies profile photo
February 23, 2017

Zoom Review: "Big step up for GoToMeeting and UberConference"

We use Zoom for all of our customer facing conferencing interactions. It is used by all members of our business development team from the CEO down to the SDRs. We interact with customers dozens of times a day, and having a reliable conferencing tool that is flexible enough for different rooms, lines, countries etc., is important.
  • Good connection
  • Easy to log in
  • Customers seem to enjoy using it
  • Have to install software on computer first time
  • Would be useful to have more than one personal room link
  • Can't set things like 'no video'
It's great if you interact with a number of different customers and need a private 'room' for each. With conference lines you run the risk of someone calling in while you are using it. With Zoom this doesn't happen so you can rest assured only those invited will have access to the conference.
Read Tom Davies's full review
Derek A. Lackey profile photo
February 17, 2017

Zoom Review: "Great Video-Centric Meeting Solution"

1.Internal meetings across multiple locations. We have reduced our meeting time by allowing people to eliminate travel time and expense. The can take :45 minutes for a :45 minute meeting.
2. Client meetings without traveling to their offices. We would spend 2 - 3 hours of traveling to have a one hour meeting. Now we use ZOOM and only spend the one hour (no travel time)
3. Qualifying prospects - initial contact. An online call can answer many basic questions to determine whether a prospect is ready for an in person sales call.
4. Webinars (ZOOM Webinar) - we run our weekly webinar series through ZOOM.
  • Stable
  • Visual - you can see people's facial expressions and reactions - just like being there in person.
  • Product support has been quick and simple
  • Audio defaults to mute and some clients have trouble with speakers and microphone settings
  • More communication about how others are using ZOOM to improve productivity
  • Increase overall awareness so people are less hesitant about 'learning a new tool'
More time meeting and moving issues forward. Less time traveling from place to place. Our team gets far more done in a day. They have much less of the opening chit chat that happens when meeting in person. Other solutions have added video feeds as a feature but they are not at the centre of the solution like they are with ZOOM.
Our staff is not yet used to this feature but I like it. If I am at my desk I am available to any team member.
Read Derek A. Lackey's full review
John Readwin profile photo
April 24, 2017

Review: "Zoom a great (and less expensive) alternative to GoToMeeting"

I use it to conduct video meetings and training sessions with my clients using the both the remote control functions and video screen sharing functions of the software.
  • Video Meetings, easy to use, lots of options
  • Ability to use custom backdrops via a "green screen"
  • Quick easy meetings, either scheduled or on the fly
  • Remote Control of other computers for doing remote support seems like a bit of an afterthought
Video screen sharing, webinars and training sessions is where Zoom really shines. If you want to use Zoom for remote support sessions as a primary function, then look elsewhere.
Read John Readwin's full review
Marty Miller profile photo
March 24, 2017

User Review: "SoulCon Zoom"

I use Zoom to connect men that live across the country for training, support and accountability meetings. The most recent use of Zoom was with a group of men that were involved in the SoulCon Challenge. It provided a simple easy to use platform for guys to connect.
  • Easy to access for everyone anywhere
  • Simplicity
  • Many levels of application
  • Can't really think of any
Groups that don't have any feasible way of connecting other than online can develop community through weekly meetings. Our most recent group consisted of about 10 men who were doing the physically, mentally, and spiritually challenging 6-week SoulCon Challenge. We met online every Sunday night to report our experience and our progress. It truly brought a sense of community that would not have been possible without Zoom!
Read Marty Miller's full review
Jason Wong profile photo
March 23, 2017

User Review: "Love Zooms"

We use Zoom across the whole organization. It has been a very useful conference call tool since we have teams in US and in China. Always works flawlessly.
  • Easy Connection.
  • Clear Sound for multiple people.
  • Easy to share screen.
  • Would be great if it was easier to chat with internal team members already using the same email address, on call or off call.
  • Conference call rooms should have a nickname so easier to remember (other than numbers).
Well suited if you have multiple team across the globe.
Love the feature and gets others to use quickly.
Read Jason Wong's full review
August 11, 2017

Zoom: "Excellent way to collaborate!"

We use Zoom for webinars and other events where we connect media with research institutions. We also use it to keep our international remote team connected. It is being used across the whole organization in different departments. We wanted to offer webinars and bring people together, and Zoom is a great tool.
  • Excellent customer service. Their team is always responsive and attentive.
  • Very easy to use and aims to think ahead offering different ways to join the meeting (phone, smartphone, PC, tablet).
  • Very intuitive and non-tech people friendly.
  • We would like to have a report of all the hours per account
  • Ability to add the personal Zoom room as a contact and be able to join in one click in the same room
  • Having the opportunity to add or remove sounds from alerts in the chat
Zoom is an excellent tool for organizations who wish to host webinars, keep their teams close together, collaborate with colleagues. It might not be the best option when you have a lot of other 'heavy' software running as it tends to slow down the computer. We have to always have it on and I had to delete a few other programs.
It is quite effective and easy to use, as we host a weekly event and we are able to use the same Zoom room each time. This creates consistency and makes it easy for our recurring clients to join the events and also for our staff to be connected in one 'staff room'.
August 02, 2017

User Review: "Moving from Webex to Zoom"

We use Zoom for group meetings, especially monthly staff meetings which involve staff all around the globe. We have around 200 core employees spread over 5 continents. It enables us to interact in a more visual manner with remote staff and is also lighter than WebEx from a broadband perspective.
  • Visual contact with remote meeting participants
  • Light use of broadband/wifi
  • Visual wall of meeting participants
  • The connection sometimes lags or freezes
  • It's obviously reliant on people having webcams
  • The wall of participants can only accommodate a fixed number of screens
I think the best scenario is if Zoom is being used by an organisation that is geographically distributed and where staff members are sometimes situated in a remote location. It allows the participants to maintain a minimum of visual contact, even for people on the move, e.g. business trips.
August 01, 2017

Review: "Zoom - a great web conferencing platform"

Our entire organization uses Zoom for web conferencing, both internally and with clients. Many departments use Zoom for regular internal meetings where there are remote employees. It is also used with the video conferencing system in our meeting rooms for larger group meetings. We needed a more reliable web conferencing platform so we could integrate with other tools/systems and provide both VoIP and phone audio options to users.
  • The user interface is easy to use and work with.
  • The scheduling feature is simple and easily syncs with your preferred calendar tool.
  • Multiple audio options and video quality is great.
  • Integrating with Marketo to host webinars is a pain.
  • Some of the default settings are unexpected and may cause some on-boarding issues.
Zoom is a great tool for organizations that require a simple yet powerful video conferencing platform for remote teams. Its fast and easy to host and join meetings, along with screen sharing and chat. The only drawback with using Zoom for client meetings is that many do not already have the software installed, so it may take longer for users to log in to their first meeting.
July 28, 2017

User Review: "Zoom: Easy to Use, Easy to Connect"

We schedule all of our client meetings and internal meetings using Zoom Software. It is integrated into Gmail (our primary email service) as well as Google calendar. The zoom plugin allows for easy dial in information to be placed in a calendar invite. It's pretty simple!
  • Ease of Use
  • Integrations with Slack, Gmail and GCal
  • Stability
  • International Phone Numbers are complicated and not varied
  • Initial Learning Curve
If you have multiple clients in different time zones and you don't want to waste time or pay for international call fees then use zoom. It is good on both the desktop and mobile app versions and my entire company uses it for internal calls as well as client facing calls.
May 26, 2017

User Review: "Zoom to your meetings!"

I believe a few of us are using Zoom currently. Zoom allows for me to set up meetings at the click of a few buttons and allows for me to share screens back and forth with our partners and customers. I was first introduced to Zoom by one of our customers and I've loved it. Zoom google calendar integration scheduling cuts down on scheduling time!
  • Zoom is a great way to share screen back and forth in a meeting. I've found that it's reliable and doesn't have much lag.
  • Great Google Calendar integration that makes inviting people to Zoom meetings seamless. This is one of the coolest features for sure!
  • The calling audio quality is great!
  • I have had the app send out links that don't work before and needed to resend out invites.
  • Sometimes the app needs to be restarted if you have it set to start app when the computer starts up. Not sure if it's half starting up or what.
  • I've had the app crash before during a meeting, but it's been a while. I'd like to see more functionality on pushing the meeting to our TV.
Zoom is great for scheduling meetings through Google Chrome! Love the integration there. The app screen shares well and I've had very little problems with using Zoom. Having the meeting link in the Google Calendar app is a Godsend! I've had a few wires crossed while using the app in which I needed to generate new meeting links.
April 24, 2017

User Review: "Switch to Zoom ASAP"

Our whole company uses Zoom for meetings, which is especially important since our employees are spread out through the country and across the Atlantic. This addresses the major issue of communication between different departments and offices, and its ease of use makes it well worth it for us. Zoom is the best product of its type that we've used so far.
  • Ease of use and quality of the stream
  • Connectivity is smooth
  • A large number of people can join at once without any issues
  • The audio quality could be improved
Zoom is perfect for meetings involving people spread across different offices during scenarios where they need to brainstorm or report new information. The incredible thing about Zoom is that you won't suffer any productivity slowdowns, and it feels as if everyone is sitting in the same room. It is also useful for company wide calls where a small number of people are speaking to a larger group.
We do use Zoom rooms, and it has been a great addition to our office. The ease of use and connectivity with the cameras is incredible and so much better than using a laptop or normal webcam to connect. Once again, this has encouraged more participation during meetings because everyone can be seen on camera, or the camera can be easily adjusted to focus on different areas without having to disrupt the meeting.
April 03, 2017

User Review: "Zoom simply works without frustration"

We use Zoom several times a week, both internally and for customer presentations.
  • Convenient calendar format makes it easy to set up and join meetings.
  • Screen sharing is self evident compared to several competitors.
  • Administering users is relatively easy.
  • Easier administration. It's not simple, for instance, to change a billing option.
  • Better pricing for small organizations.
  • Maybe a family plan?
  • Disassociate the user and their email address. Having multiple emails for a single person would be nice. Dropbox has this issue as well.
It's not a workflow solution. It would be nice to have an alternative for Slack, where conversations are managed by groups.
I've used them all, and been a seed investor in several. Zoom works - clearly in the top tier.
March 24, 2017

User Review: "For coaching, Zoom is super efficient!"

I am using Zoom for my one-to-one coaching sessions and also for workshops.
  • Give both sides the opportunity of seeing other party.
  • You can easily share your screen & music etc.
  • Recording option.
  • I want to record just myself but it records all people (while share screen is open).
  • I want to see all participants at the same time but I can't if I want to make my video "pin".
  • I wish I could link it to a Stripe account or smt so I could use it as a webinar platform.
I recommend zoom for my other coach friends for their workshops and even for one-on-ones. To be able to see participants is really a big advantage.
I am using Zoom meetings. I actually don't know what Zoom Rooms is. I will check.
May 22, 2017

User Review: "Zoom is awesome!"

We are using Zoom across the organization. It's easy to use and they provide great support if there are any issues. Bonus, they fit your conference rooms with cameras and sound for optimal video calls! It's also easy for our customers!
  • Plugin integrates well with calendars.
  • Easy for customers to use, outside of our organization.
  • Easy video chats.
  • Straightforward interface.
  • Have to stop sharing your screen to allow someone else to share.
  • Auto set to show video. Not always ideal with external vendors as the default.
We love Zoom! The conference room setups are great! It's easy for us and our customers to use!
We do! They are awesome!
Kara Rhodes profile photo
February 16, 2017

Zoom Review: "1000x better than flying across the country"

We are a small business consulting firm. We use Zoom to meet virtually with our clients and prospects. Before Zoom, we used to travel across the country to meet with clients face-to-face. Now, we can just fire up a Zoom room. It has saved us a considerable amount of travel time, hassle and money.
  • Reliable video quality. This was the deciding factor for us.
  • Integration with Microsoft Outlook makes scheduling meetings easier.
  • Ease of use. Our clients can just click the link and join our meeting. No downloads, even on mobile.
  • Continue to focus on video quality, especially when participants have poor bandwidth.
Zoom works well for us (a 3-person consultancy) and our largest client (a $100 million software company). It really fits most scenarios.
Yes, we have one Zoom Room. It works phenomenally. We use an iPad to fire up the meeting and dual monitors to see both the shared content and video screens. My boss really likes that the Zoom Room displays his scheduled meetings for the day. It keeps him from having to dig into his Outlook calendar.
Read Kara Rhodes's full review
Alex Jankila profile photo
February 16, 2017

User Review: "Why You Should Be Using Zoom"

As a company, we now use Zoom for our online phone systems, inter-company meetings, and conference calls, as well as for remote meetings with clients. In my position, I also use the Zoom Webinar add-on to conduct several webinars per month with a large number of clients in attendance. As a web-platform company with clients spread throughout the world, the features Zoom provides make it extremely easy for our employees to connect with clients in all capacities.
  • The quality of the calls and video is excellent with little to no connectivity issues.
  • The webinars are very easy to manage with the extensive list of features and has drastically improved the quality from what we were previously using.
  • The interface is easy for even our non-tech savvy clients to navigate without issues.
  • In all honesty, I haven't come across any areas that need improving. All of the features I use in my daily routine work exceptionally well.
For online calls or meetings, I feel that the quality is superior to other platforms, with excellent reliability. And for group meetings or webinars, the webinar add-on service exceeds every expectation I could have. It's incredibly easy to add panelists, share screens, control attendee participation, as well as record the entire session without issue. I would absolutely recommend Zoom to anyone looking to host group meetings or webinars without any hesitation.
Read Alex Jankila's full review
Emma Richardson profile photo
February 08, 2017

User Review: "Zoom in Education"

We use Zoom in the K12 education arena. As a BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services), we support 21 school district across the eastern plains of Colorado. It is primarily used for providing content to high school students (shared teachers, college classes, etc) but is also used for administrative meetings, teacher professional development, special education services, and general meetings. We have over 38 Zoom Rooms that are placed throughout our coverage area in the local high schools. Zoom replaced Polycom and Cisco as our main video networking equipment/service provider.
  • Ease of use is definitely off the charts. Training is a piece of cake. Even our most technology challenged users start using Zoom with minimum intervention.
  • Multi device connect-ability. I brag that I can connect anyone to a Zoom conference within 2 minutes - Asides from occasional sound connection issues, I don't think I have been proved wrong.
  • Sound and picture quality.
  • While Zoom has been working hard on adding features to the remote management side, it is still lacking in this area. Most of our zoom rooms do not have adults in them, just high school students, that we do not want messing with the system. The controls that are being added are excellent but are limited to the host of the meeting which we should be able to claim as an Administrator for the account. The first Zoom Room to join a meeting is automatically made the host and this causes a lot of issues. The UI for the remote management is scattered all over the website - it needs to be consolidated into one area or at least have links from the Dashboard that take you directly to a Zoom Room device management page, or the meeting settings and end button.
  • On premise support. For those of use that use on premise meeting and recording connectors, it is hard to get any support when something is not working correctly. Many of the new remote management features are not working correctly with corp meetings. New updates need to work across all platforms.
  • It would be nice to see a feedback area for Zoom where customers could see other customer's feature requests and vote on them. This would be a more efficient way of giving the customers a voice with Zoom development and updates.
Ease of use really makes it suited for all scenarios.
Yes, see previous comments.
I will add that we would like to see the following added to Zoom Rooms that we now have in the basic desktop client: Chat (ideally something where individuals in a zoom room could use a phone to just connect to the chat session and nothing else). Whiteboard functionality - it would be a great feature if the mac that is running the zoom conference could also be used for content sharing/whiteboard functionality without the need for a second computer.
Read Emma Richardson's full review
Glen Koopman profile photo
February 07, 2017

Review: "Zoom web conference service, offering the best tool to meet anywhere!"

Zoom for us is deployed frequently alongside other software when meeting with clients. It is one of our many could tools we consult on and support for our clients; quickly and easily allowing our clients of all technology skill levels to host, manage and join meetings. With several of our clients having staff in many geographical locations the ability to create video conference rooms and meet seamlessly with people on the go via their smart phones has been an added bonus.
  • Meeting with anyone. Cross platform - Mobile, Mac, PC clients find this to be the most useful item in the zoom features list, it is accessible and simple for them to set up and run these web meetings with all of their offsite staff regardless of location.
  • Content Sharing Through OneDrive and Dropbox are key to the majority of clients we consult for.
  • Highlighting the current speaker - this feature is extremely useful in large meetings. It's nice to know who is talking!
  • Connectivity with existing client equipment such as Polycom and Cisco with H.323/SIP. This has been straightforward to deploy and saves clients money on new hardware when conference rooms need a refresh.
  • Touchscreen implementation for an organic whiteboard feeling. Engineer & Architectural clients love annotating and marking notes during presentations, this has given our clients (with touch panels) a great experience.
  • The pricing category. I'd like to see a middle ground between 'free' features and the 'pro' package for smaller firms that group meetings often - time limits being the biggest issue (ROI is still great out of the gate).
  • Some clients have mentioned an increase in the cloud storage size with a zoom subscription for meeting recordings, these smaller firm clients have lengthy meetings and feel online storage (less steps to offsite) to be a better option. (However offline recording is also possible and done well.).
  • Zoom has had a hard time knowing who initiated a video meeting if both users try and do so at the same time; easily remedied with minor planning.
  • Most clients find the instant messaging features lackluster vs. existing software and tend to use those other services more frequently vs. zoom. This might be isolated to our client base but it is something to note.
  • To be honest, all of our clients using Zoom have been extremely happy with the majority of feature sets. It covers call in call out conferencing, video, conference room setups (with existing hardware), new technology like touch panels. It includes intuitive interface options for screen sharing and multiple displays and supporting the software for our clients has been simple and straight forward solutions which are all well documented on their support page.
[It's] well suited for all things regarding getting people together collaborating with onscreen content or even webinars of more than one presenter. Entry professional users looking for free meeting software should consider this platform over 'home' versions of major IM software like Skype. Professionals and teams should definitely take a look at Zoom for its ease of use factors and great feature set (Zoom Rooms).

This software is not appropriate for home users looking for a different chat software to use with the family. It also does not make coffee for you.
Some of our client base had previously deployed H.323/SIP systems and integration was straightforward and a welcome change to other solutions. With simple integration these same clients are able to use touch panels intuitively improving their productivity.

As a solutions provider setup is simple and well documented and we have not run into any issues, our clients feel the technology is accessible and have had great experiences across the board.
Read Glen Koopman's full review
Ken Yoshioka profile photo
February 06, 2017

User Review: "Zoom: For business, for the classroom"

Zoom is the official web conferencing solution for the University of San Francisco where faculty, staff and students have access to a Pro Zoom account to host meetings. On the business side, it is used for department meetings all or some members are off site and need to remote in to attend. Faculty are using Zoom in the classroom for mixed face to face and online classroom. Faculty are also using the service to host online office hours, especially valuable for adjunct faculty who do not have an office to meet with students. Students are using Zoom to meet as small groups and to record presentations for class, especially graduate courses, where presentation time during class is difficult to schedule. Staff are using Zoom to provide a way for the USF community to attend events, workshops and training if they cannot attend in person.
  • The video quality is fantastic, providing consistent for the participants. Very few issues with drops in connection and most times it is not Zoom at issue but the network.
  • The software is very intuitive and easy to use-no browser compatibility issues with plugins-the software is straightforward and easy to setup but provides powerful tools to schedule and manage meetings.
  • The recording feature provides a great way to not only archive events and meetings but to share, either as a link or as a downloaded file.
  • For the online classroom, the breakout rooms are a great way to have small group discussion with the ability for the faculty to drop in on the various rooms to sample the work being done in each group.
  • Better integration with Learning Management Systems like Canvas to join meetings right in the Canvas interface.
  • Perhaps one feature that may not be possible is the ability to connect two webcams and have a multi-camera view For instance, one on the speaker and one on the audience).
For meetings it is unmatched in simple-to-use but powerful tools for web conferencing. For the classroom and for large events, it is more challenging to set up to produce consistent audio and video for a smooth experience for those online.
We have two Zoom rooms for evaluation but no data in yet as of its use.
Read Ken Yoshioka's full review

High quality audio (244)
High quality video (244)
Low bandwidth requirements (206)
Desktop sharing (240)
Whiteboards (137)
Calendar integration (205)
Meeting initiation (234)
Integrates with social media (85)
Record meetings / events (222)
Slideshows (146)
Live chat (210)
Audience polling (106)
Q&A (125)
User authentication (148)
Participant roles & permissions (175)
Confidential attendee list (114)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.