Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom helps productivity and effectiveness zoom to the top!I use Zoom for meetings with current and prospective clients - individually and as groups. We are able to connect regardless of where we are located geographically. The effectiveness of the meetings are on par with face-to-face, and the efficiency and effectiveness of time and resources is amazing. We are able to get people together via Zoom who would not be able to meet if we insisted on face-to-face meetings.,Great, stable, connection Easy to use,Occasional lagging, but not bad at all,9,I have built relationships with people whom I otherwise would have never met. I can hold meetings regardless of where I am. I only need an internet connection. Great flexibility. Huge savings on travel expenses and greater stewardship of time.,Google Hangouts and Skype,Google Analytics, Evernote, Microsoft Office 365Zoom Ranks #1While Zoom has not yet been adopted by my organization, Zoom certainly offers a compelling balance between features, reliability, security, flexibility, and affordability. Thus, it remains under evaluation as a solution that could be adopted in the future to meet current and future needs. Key features: 1) Easily administered 2) Affordable 3) Versatile 4) Reliable 5) Secure 6) Superior ease of use.,In Zoom video meetings, it is easy to include callers on telephones because Zoom provides telephone numbers in the email invitations to participants and thus the audio from telephone participants is automatically integrated into the video meeting in a balanced and technically correct manner. Zoom offers superior content sharing functionality. Even full-motion YouTube videos with their soundtracks can be shared with video meeting participants. In contrast, most competing web conferencing products cannot successfully share such video content. Zoom Rooms represents a revolutionary new way of setting up conference rooms with relatively low-cost, high-quality USB based peripherals. Key advantages of Zoom Rooms include wireless content sharing, calendar integration, voice control, superior ease of use. Zoom offers a variety of packages that allow end-users to buy only the features they need and not have to spend extra for features they do not need. Zoom offers compatibility with traditional legacy hardware H.323/SIP devices. Zoom interfaces are easy for people of all skill levels to use. Zoom is affordable. Zoom is reliable. Zoom handles low-bandwidth with grace. Zoom offers a webinar mode that is incredibly useful for reaching very large audiences. Zoom webinars can be broadcast directly to YouTube or Facebook.,If possible, I'd like to learn of a way to have Zoom record video/audio to a Cloud storage location even under a HIPAA agreement. As I understand, the current product allows the end-user who is not under HIPAA to record to either 1) local hard drive or 2) Zoom's Cloud drive. But end-users who have a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) from Zoom currently cannot record to Zoom's Cloud Drive. I'd like to see the Zoom Rooms iPad software be enhanced, if possible, to control lights, screens, etc. Or, as an alternative, I'd like to see tighter integration with Crestron controllers. I'd like to see Zoom continue to expand partnerships in ways that are strategically beneficial.,10,My involvement with Zoom has been restricted primarily to evaluation of this revolutionary product, but I can state with confidence that I have observed Zoom could be chosen as a superior alternative over current solutions in virtually every scenario I have studied. During my evaluation of Zoom, I have noted superior integration with telephone audio, superior content sharing, superb affordability, superior ease of use, almost unlimited flexibility in terms of use case scenarios, excellent technical support, and amazing achievements in connection with software-defined video conference rooms. The management of Zoom seems to execute strategy in superb fashion.,I don't yet use Zoom Rooms, but I have envied those who do. I have studied the Zoom Rooms concept for three years and I'm convinced it is 1) the first true example of software-defined video conferencing 2) the next generation way for organizations to configure their conference rooms and meeting spaces of all sizes to better serve the needs of end-users.,,Adobe Connect, Skype for Business, Polycom RealPresence Immersive Video ConferencingZoom is awesome!We are using Zoom across the organization. It's easy to use and they provide great support if there are any issues. Bonus, they fit your conference rooms with cameras and sound for optimal video calls! It's also easy for our customers!,Plugin integrates well with calendars. Easy for customers to use, outside of our organization. Easy video chats. Straightforward interface.,Have to stop sharing your screen to allow someone else to share. Auto set to show video. Not always ideal with external vendors as the default.,9,Improved collaboration internally and externally More video conference calls with external customers,We do! They are awesome!,Zoom Web Conferencing is Great!We use zoom across our entire organization. We replaced another web conferencing tool and our users love how easy Zoom is to use. It is very good quality and has saved us money while expanding the use of the technology. We have recently expanded to Zoom Rooms and love how they integrate with our resource calendars and the ease of use in the conference room.,Zoom rooms are awesome! If users add a zoom meeting to a calendar invite in the conference room they can walk in and start the meeting with the touch of one button. Zoom mobile is incredible! We now have meetings where individuals traveling can participate in the meeting even though they are on the road. Audio and video quality with Zoom has far surpassed other solutions that I have used.,The only issue we have is a delay when sharing a screen wirelessly in a zoom room. Users complain about when they watch the conference room screen and move their mouse on their laptop while sharing. I think this is a limitation of wireless sharing and a little delay. I just tell them to only look at their computer screen when sharing like this.,10,We went from 15 licenses of WebEx to 150 licenses of Zoom and saved money! We also went from an average of 80 web meetings a month to just under 450. This has allowed us to collaborate more without having to travel saving both time and money.,Yes we do use Zoom rooms and love them. I love the integration with Outlook resource calendars. They keep improving them also. I know we recently asked about pining videos from the zoom room controller to keep the video feed from switching and they just rolled it out in the latest release. Our users love the simplicity of scheduling and starting meetings. We also love the ability to wirelessly share screens while in a conference room. This easily allows different people in the same room to share their screen when we have various presenters.,WebEx Meetings, Skype for Business, GoToMeeting and Join.me,WebEx Meetings, GoToMeeting, Skype for BusinessZoom ReviewThe whole organization uses it to increase collaboration and decrease travel costs. It's also used for local, regional and global team and project related communication.,New call out feature removes the need for conference phones Webinars for events Very easy and intuitive,Dial out function uses a NY number for the caller ID, this should be changed to a local number Video compression still has some improvement to be made, as we lose a lot of video quality for large webinar style events Local softphone client that could be used for a complete collaboration solution, removing the need for a dedicated voice solution in parallel with Zoom Better MAC client required, as the Zoom add-on for Outlook is very unstable, especially when there's a pending update..,9,Definitely more stable solution than Polycom, also cheaper to implement and maintain Reduction in travel costs,Great tool, used very widely within our org,,Slack, JIRA Software, Atlassian Confluence
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Zoom
Top Rated Award
Filter 570 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings
January 30, 2017

Review: "Zoom helps productivity and effectiveness zoom to the top!"

• Great, stable, connection
  • Occasional lagging, but not bad at all
Zoom is great for collaborating with individuals and teams. Screen sharing features and break out rooms are great for discussions and collaborations. This is also a good platform for initial conversations with potential clients. It is a great platform for coaching networks, as you are able to bring people together without requiring travel.
January 27, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Ranks #1"

• In Zoom video meetings, it is easy to include callers on telephones because Zoom provides telephone numbers in the email invitations to participants and thus the audio from telephone participants is automatically integrated into the video meeting in a balanced and technically correct manner.
  • Zoom offers superior content sharing functionality. Even full-motion YouTube videos with their soundtracks can be shared with video meeting participants. In contrast, most competing web conferencing products cannot successfully share such video content.
  • Zoom Rooms represents a revolutionary new way of setting up conference rooms with relatively low-cost, high-quality USB based peripherals. Key advantages of Zoom Rooms include wireless content sharing, calendar integration, voice control, superior ease of use.
  • Zoom offers a variety of packages that allow end-users to buy only the features they need and not have to spend extra for features they do not need.
  • Zoom offers compatibility with traditional legacy hardware H.323/SIP devices.
  • Zoom interfaces are easy for people of all skill levels to use.
  • Zoom is affordable.
  • Zoom is reliable.
  • Zoom handles low-bandwidth with grace.
  • Zoom offers a webinar mode that is incredibly useful for reaching very large audiences.
  • Zoom webinars can be broadcast directly to YouTube or Facebook.
  • If possible, I'd like to learn of a way to have Zoom record video/audio to a Cloud storage location even under a HIPAA agreement. As I understand, the current product allows the end-user who is not under HIPAA to record to either 1) local hard drive or 2) Zoom's Cloud drive. But end-users who have a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) from Zoom currently cannot record to Zoom's Cloud Drive.
  • I'd like to see the Zoom Rooms iPad software be enhanced, if possible, to control lights, screens, etc. Or, as an alternative, I'd like to see tighter integration with Crestron controllers.
  • I'd like to see Zoom continue to expand partnerships in ways that are strategically beneficial.
I believe Zoom is an excellent choice for telehealth, education, and collaboration with both internal and external colleagues. I would recommend Zoom for all end-users due to Zoom's advanced position within the video conferencing industry. Zoom has also made critical investments in data centers around the globe, making it a great choice for organizations engaged in international efforts.
May 22, 2017

User Review: "Zoom is awesome!"

• Plugin integrates well with calendars.
  • Easy for customers to use, outside of our organization.
  • Easy video chats.
  • Straightforward interface.
  • Have to stop sharing your screen to allow someone else to share.
  • Auto set to show video. Not always ideal with external vendors as the default.
We love Zoom! The conference room setups are great! It's easy for us and our customers to use!
We do! They are awesome!
January 26, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Web Conferencing is Great!"

• Zoom rooms are awesome! If users add a zoom meeting to a calendar invite in the conference room they can walk in and start the meeting with the touch of one button.
  • Zoom mobile is incredible! We now have meetings where individuals traveling can participate in the meeting even though they are on the road.
  • Audio and video quality with Zoom has far surpassed other solutions that I have used.
  • The only issue we have is a delay when sharing a screen wirelessly in a zoom room. Users complain about when they watch the conference room screen and move their mouse on their laptop while sharing. I think this is a limitation of wireless sharing and a little delay. I just tell them to only look at their computer screen when sharing like this.
Works well for our company and with Zoom room setups in our conference rooms.
February 10, 2017

"Zoom Review"

• New call out feature removes the need for conference phones
  • Webinars for events
  • Very easy and intuitive
  • Dial out function uses a NY number for the caller ID, this should be changed to a local number
  • Video compression still has some improvement to be made, as we lose a lot of video quality for large webinar style events
  • Local softphone client that could be used for a complete collaboration solution, removing the need for a dedicated voice solution in parallel with Zoom
  • Better MAC client required, as the Zoom add-on for Outlook is very unstable, especially when there's a pending update..
[It's well suited for meeting and breakout rooms, as well as a great local client that can be used for calls on the run (via mobile).
Great tool, used very widely within our org
January 27, 2017

User Review: "Zooming in Higher Education"

Zoom is being used to deliver synchronous online courses, as well as to supplement hybrid courses across the teaching and learning enterprise. Additionally, it is being used for administrative meetings and conferences, interviews, and webinars. Zoom is also being used as a teleconferencing solution.
  • Ease of use.
  • Reliability.
  • Cost.
  • Client updates, while relatively regular, come with little advance notice or with little explanation of enhanced or new features.
Zoom is a perfect desktop conferencing solution that scales well. It is also ideal for conference room or classroom setup and usage. Mobile applications are well designed and work well on both Wifi and cellular networks.
January 26, 2017

Zoom Review: "Wonderful Service"

We use it once a year for a webinar where we present our new product line to our sales managers across the world. It is primarily used by our sales department. We find the webinar add-on perfect for this. We need multiple people to be able to present and share their screen, and ZOOM is the best we have found for this meeting period.
  • Differentiation between panelists and participants.
  • Integrated telephone solution built in.
  • None so far
[Well suited for] When you need a way to present a lot of information quickly, and need to be able to differentiate who gets to speak and who doesn't. Believe it or not, most solutions we tested are bad or non-existent at that. Also, we utilize the Zoom reservation system which is perfect for making sure everyone we need to show up, shows up.
Steve Surya profile photo
February 04, 2016

Review: "Zoom lets you connect with the world easily!"

We are using Zoom across the whole organization. We have a couple of business accounts and use Zoom for communication with our customers and remote office teams. We use Zoom with customers to review project requirements and internal discussions. Zoom has helped us a lot with communicating with our customers and team members. We also use Zoom for screen sharing and for presentations.
  • Zoom is best software for low bandwidth connections. In case internet is working slowly, Zoom can still provide a good quality meeting. I have seen Zoom work well even on slow connections.
  • It has great sound quality. Even if there are a number of people from different locations, the sound quality is always good.
  • One important feature of Zoom is, that it does not disconnect the meeting if organizer loses the internet connection. Zoom auto switches the organizer, which is great feature really.
  • The screen sharing feature is great and it works again really well with a low internet bandwidth.
  • User Interface: I think Zoom has great features but the main area where it needs improvement is the user interface. Zoom always sticks on the top of screen in the middle, so sometimes if we have to click on the header in the browser, we get stuck because of the Zoom Meeting user interface. Also sometime it is not easy to find options very easily.
  • Call Out functionality: There needs to be an easier way to call out to mobile phones using Zoom's call out service. It would be really helpful to have.
  • I have a Zoom app installed on my Macbook Retina, and every time I login to Zoom, I click on a setting "remember my login". But still I have to enter my username and password every time I access Zoom. I'm not sure if Zoom saved the logins but it never worked for me.
I guess Zoom is best among available collaboration tools like WebEx, GoToMeeting etc. Zoom works with less bandwidth and still provides a great sound quality. Sending an invitation to others is very easy using Zoom. Also the Zoom app download does not take much time and people can easily join the scheduled Zoom meetings. I love using Zoom for calls.
Read Steve Surya's full review
Emma Roger profile photo
February 11, 2016

User Review: "Better communication using Zoom"

Our admin team made decision to buy Zoom and we started using it for our team communications. We are connecting our team member to Zoom calls to update each other for everyday work updates. We also use it for our clients (which are NGO supporters mainly). Most of our team members use Zoom.
  • Team interaction thought a single meeting ID. Zoom allows multiple people to join the same meeting.
  • People can easily mute themselves if they are not talking. It helps with background noise.
  • Video sharing quality is great via Zoom. We share our videos so other people can see us and it helps with communicating better.
  • The Android app is little slow to load. This needs improvement. The app for the computer works great so there are no issues with that yet! But the Mobile apps needs some work.
It is working fine for meetings and video sharing. We are happy to use Zoom with our team members and some of our potential clients as well. We do not see any specific scenario where its is less appropriate. But for communication purposes Zoom always working wells.
Read Emma Roger's full review
Aman Verma profile photo
February 11, 2016

Review: "Zoom works best for online meetings between team members!"

We are using Zoom to talk online between our US and India team. We need to communicate to our team in india in their late evening hours and the best medium is to connect online. So we use Zoom for meetings. Most of our team members use from it time to time for their meetings. We try to connect to discuss new opportunities of businesses with different NGOs.
  • Meeting connection time does not take long. It works very fast.
  • The quality of meetings is good. We are able to hear other members fine on the call. Zoom does not have issues like Skype does.
  • The screen sharing feature works very well. Anyone can share their screen without asking for permission from others.
  • I think a messaging feature could be added to send private chat messages.
Zoom works fine for online meetings and screen sharing. It is a great fit when someone needs to demonstrate something over a call. A demonstration can be recorded as well and the recorded videos can be watched anytime later. The sound quality works great as well with recorded videos. It is a good fit overall for online meetings.
Read Aman Verma's full review
Joshua Taylor-Martin profile photo
February 04, 2016

Review: "Zooming into life to make collaboration and business functions easier and better!"

We use Zoom for all of our teleconferencing needs. We started using it within our sales department and then extended the use to the entire organization. Prior to Zoom we tried a number of other services, but Zoom's ease of use and high quality calls in varying bandwidth areas made it a perfect match.
  • Ease of use for non-Zoom users.
  • Awesome screen sharing/collaborative tools.
  • Don't often have bandwidth challenges - it adjusts to maintain call quality - like Netflix.
We use Zoom on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices. We also have Zoom Rooms set up where people can just walk into the room and, with the press of two buttons, hop on a call with a remote team member. We like it in almost all of these circumstances to improve collaboration.
Read Joshua Taylor-Martin's full review
Aurora Meyer profile photo
March 02, 2016

User Review: "Zoom as easy as Skype"

We use Zoom as an alternative to Skype for business meetings that require more than a phone call, but less than a meeting in person.
  • Video quality
  • Audio quality
  • Ease of use
  • Set up time
  • Ability to record calls
  • Transcripts
It's great for up to three callers, but more than that like any conference call, it gets crowded.
Read Aurora Meyer's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.