Zoom Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Vivek Yadav | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2019

Zoom Review

I use Zoom pro version to organize webinars with international students. It is used by myself only, not the entire department.
  • Reporting
  • Recording
  • Easy to connect
  • Having the ability to keep users on mute.
I love using Zoom. I don't know where it wouldn't be suitable.
We don't use Zoom Rooms.
Read Vivek Yadav's full review
Maurice Brunelle | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have perhaps 100 pro licenses and half dozen webinar licenses (500's and 3K). I suspect we're approaching 10 million minutes (small potatoes I know), but still, we have activity at all levels in most of the ministries (departments). I have been the owner/admin of this account, from the beginning.
  • Highly available tech support.
  • Excellent actual WebRTC; super-efficient real-time network app
  • Always on, always works
  • Feature/option rich
  • More shortcuts on the GUI (maybe we can create our own macro-like shortcuts).
I can think of only a very few instances where Zoom would not be well-suited.
Read Maurice Brunelle's full review
Alex Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zoom to connect outside sales reps across a large geographical area. It allows us to interact, share screens and engage teammates across multiple states.
  • Sharing screens
  • Video quality
  • Ease of use.
  • Easier to connect phone audio.
Best suited to connect remote parties. Not suitable for unstable internet connections.
I do not use these.
Read Alex Davis's full review
Travis Hunt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization is located around the globe. Zoom ensures we can communicate effectively across all locations. The video and audio quality is extremely good, even on slower connections. The product is easy to use and intuitive, so our end-users rarely have technical issues other than making sure their correct audio/video input is selected.
We also utilize Zoom for distance learning. We have multiple sites set up with Zoom classrooms for teaching/learning.
  • Easy to use: the product is a lightweight install and even non-technical individuals can figure out how to use it.
  • Dependable: in the 5 years we've used it, I only recall one outage.
  • Quality: the quality of the audio/video is very good.
  • Communication: audio/video meetings and also a nice chat feature are included.
  • Recording: meetings can be recorded to a local computer or to the cloud.
  • The user interface in meetings needs improvement & could use more modern design elements, like the main Zoom window.
Zoom is the best video conferencing tool for PC/Mac/Android/iOS. We've used a lot of different products and Zoom shines. As long as you have good audio/video equipment, you can scale Zoom to be used in small or large rooms.
We have tested them, but have not actively used them. We are interested in using the product though. During our testing, we have been impressed with how easy it is to use the product. Just a few taps of an iPad and you're in a meeting. The IT tools for troubleshooting audio/video along with notifications is very intriguing to us as well.
Read Travis Hunt's full review
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom was used primarily in reviewing new software demos, and subsequent training initiatives by the marketing department. It allowed us a hands-on feel for the demo from a remote connectivity standpoint.
  • Cloud recording.
  • Large base of users connectable at once.
  • Integrated File share-ability.
  • Expensive.
  • All users must have Zoom.
  • Simplify plan options.
Best suited for small business meetings where all users are already an installed base of the Zoom program. Larger groups means more people have to access and download and signup for Zoom which is possibly time and $ intensive.
I've seen the software available and read up on Zoom Rooms but have yet to work in a space that integrated its use. That said it looks like a great solution for small teams working remotely from one another.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Nivas Ravichandran | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2019

Zoom - It just works!

We are using Zoom Video Communications across different customer-facing roles and departments. We have used it to interact with customers in basic conversations, conducted video interviews with influencers/sales leaders from different verticals, and to collaborate with team members present across different offices. We also used Zoom to conduct interviews for an online sales summit called the High-Velocity Sales Summit.
  • Works without issues or glitches.
  • Easy to use and is known across the industry.
  • Allows different video thumbnail views for recording.
  • The recording quality sometimes reduces in spite of high bandwidth.
Zoom is fantastic for video calls where you want to quickly jump on a call either with the app or web version. It can be used to record high-quality video interviews as well. The platform can be a little buggy to run webinars and might act up sometimes.
We use Zoom Rooms in all our meeting rooms that have TVs available. The tablet can be a little confusing in the beginning to understand and run, but once you have become accustomed to it, it can be easy and quick to run with. The quality is better compared to the other platforms and applications I have come across in other organizations.
Read Nivas Ravichandran's full review
Erica Terry | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom makes it convenient and easy to have meetings “face to face” with clients all over the country as well as internationally. You can convene anytime and virtually anywhere. We use Zoom for our work meeting, to include those who are traveling so that they can also make the work meeting remotely. Zoom also makes it easy for Clients to have a quick one on one meeting when they want interaction face to face rather than traveling to location. It is easy to invite those you'd like to attend and they are able to call in or video in which makes it even easier.
  • Also for meeting across all barriers
  • Easy to use and invite others to join you from all ove.
  • Being able to have access to face to face interaction without having to be face to face
  • It’s sometimes difficult to know when and how to mute without removing the videos etc.
Zoom lets you be able to have face to face interaction, is good for meetings during the day or night, and fights issues with time zones and distance.
No we do not have specific zoom rooms, but we do have conference rooms where Zoom is used.
Read Erica Terry's full review
Ben Westby | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zoom to communicate with partner schools in other towns as well as conduct our hiring interviews with potential staff working in other time zones or other countries.
  • Zoom does multi-party calling very well.
  • Zoom enables the sharing of documents and media well.
  • Zoom does a great job of organizing the location and time zones of callers.
  • The user interface is not particularly smooth.
  • It does take getting used to i.e. the jumping of screens with audio.
Zoom is a great application when conferencing with teams who have previous experience with Zoom, but due to the breadth of competition, many people we conference with who are new to Zoom take a while getting used to the system.
I have not used Zoom Rooms enough to feel I have a strong handle on all of its tools.
Read Ben Westby's full review
Mitchell Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization has used Zoom across multiple departments to make video conference calls with customers and remote employees. In addition, it has been used for user testing with users we have recruited across the internet in order to test out prototypes. Zoom seems to work great and has been a reliable tool we can use.
  • Zoom lets you host meetings.
  • It's easy to connect to a call.
  • You can share your screen.
  • Sometimes the video call quality is spotty, even with a great wifi connection.
  • The chat can be a little difficult to find if you've minimized your Zoom window.
Zoom is great for setting up quick conference calls with customers and partners. Since it's a communication tool, it's hard to imagine a scenario where it wouldn't be appropriate. Though, I suppose it's always better to chat in person if possible. It also doesn't work well if you or the person you are trying to contact have a poor internet connection.
Read Mitchell Clements's full review
Tony Ahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a boutique public relations agency, and we use Zoom to communicate with clients in all industries (banking, mining, government, academia, retail, startups, etc.) and suppliers (SEO companies, content providers, our external accountant, marketing communications agencies, etc.). It is used across our whole organization, which is small: just 4 people.
  • Zoom is great for setting up meetings quickly and easily.
  • Time from first click to being in the meeting space is very fast.
  • Audio and video quality are excellent.
  • I think it is perfect. I can't think of anything it needs to improve on.
Zoom is a Skype-killer, in my opinion. It is appropriate in any kind of scenario where you need to communicate with someone that is not on-site with you. You can send someone a link to a meeting room, and their login process is quick and painless, and requires no learning curve. The first time I used Zoom it was because a frequent user sent me a link, and I was pleased with how quickly I was able to get into a meeting and use the software.
Zoom Rooms are quite easy to set up, are very easy to invite others to, and the user interface is ordered quite well; it is easy to see who is in the meeting and participating, and you can enter the room with audio or video off by default, if you prefer.
Read Tony Ahn's full review
Md Shahinuzzaman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is very effective in my graduate study. I present my work to my colleagues through Zoom. I always join different webinars by using the Zoom software. I can also share my documents through Zoom. The quality of the video conferencing is excellent. I also joined multiple interviews with Zoom. I strongly recommend using Zoom for video conferencing.
  • Video conference.
  • Collaboration.
  • Sharing files.
  • A little bit Slow.
  • More functionality needed.
  • Sound quality is not that good.
If you have a large group of people for video conferencing, then Zoom is the best option for you. In that case, Video quality will be better with reasonable sound quality. If you want one to one interviews, then other software is available that will be fruitful. Overall, I liked Zoom when presenting my work to the audience.
I used Zoom Rooms for my lead sessions. In my class, I showed my slideshow and explained everything using the white-board. I also shared my screen with them to show the points of the presentation. I can also take questions from the audience. I was totally satisfied in using Zoom Rooms.
Read Md Shahinuzzaman's full review
Kate Masucci | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2019

Zoom Review!

Zoom is used as our Team conference line service. We use it for both internal meetings and also for client calls. It is used by the Strategic Services Team, mainly. It is our Primary Conference line tool at this time.
  • Integrates with Outlook Calendar for scheduling calls.
  • Offers a screenshare/ video call option.
  • Offers a telephone line (+ international #s) along with computer audio option.
  • Offers the ability to annotate on calls.
  • Offers the ability to record calls.
  • Can log meeting to prevent ppl from joining.
  • Screenshare is sometimes glitchy.
  • Having a Zoom meeting open freezes up my computer. Outlook inbox/ calendar will not load when Zoom is running.
  • The telephone audio is sometimes crunchy and hard to hear.
Zoom is well suited for:
-CSMs trying to lead video calls
-conference lines where many folks are joining
-CSMs who want to conduct screenshares with their contacts
-teammates working together
-visual aids
Zoom might not be the best suited for:
-situations where more than one person needs to present at the same time
-situations where more then one person needs to conduct the "annotate" at the same time
-those without a phone or computer access
-those on spotty wifi (poor connection)
Zoom is likely not well suited for those who are hearing or visually impaired. I am not aware of any tools that can assist this base.
Read Kate Masucci's full review
Hassan Siddiqui | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 29, 2019

Review of Zoom

I discovered I could profit more when I had the option to utilize a program with full features, instead of depending on workarounds in other programs. Zoom brings to the table premium features for nearly nothing. One-on-one gatherings are not time-constrained or missing any basic options. I'm able to set up repeating meetings by producing a lasting Zoom connect, which is exceptionally valuable to have custom connections for our wide range of contacts.

Zoom makes it conceivable to share the screen with others; either to record a performance session; screen share with others in a gathering while at the same time being able to record sound and video; share just a particular window or the whole work area. There's a fast method to switch between various screens that are configurable. Booking meetings is direct and various choices are displayed to make it simple. Meetings can likewise be incorporated with external timetables/calendars and give options, like having passcode protection. Having the option to visit with my participants and store all significant data about them in Zoom make working with incessant clients a breeze. There are a lot of settings accessible from the main window to change sound, video and recording subtleties and even reconciliation with double screens.
  • Repeating meetings by creating a changeless Zoom Connect.
  • Video & sound controls.
  • Meetings can be planned in seconds and added from Zoom's platform to Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, or Outlook Calendar which allows you to set up welcomes and include extra participants.
  • Zoom gives you the choice to either try out a month to month or a yearly arrangement. You can deactivate and additionally reactivate whenever (useful for sparing additional bucks in the event that you don't run normal month to month online classes).
  • The toolbar won't show up when set at the base of the screen, so controls become inaccessible. There is no real way to resize the toolbar which consumes an excessive amount of room on minor screens (screen size of 13 inches and underneath).
  • It takes a significant effort to resize the primary meeting window. Certain things on screen will be covered or vanish and end up making the recording unusable.
Moderate. Dependable. Simple. That is Zoom more or less. Before Zoom, we had encountered the sorrow of running an online class just to have the sound go out and glitch the whole time – finally making our participants drop off. That is not the situation with Zoom. It proves to be useful when working with dispersed groups; Zoom's meeting calling highlights are extraordinary for doing demos, dash arranging, and so on.

I wouldn't suggest Zoom for creating superb recordings for business use or for introductions with a huge group of people (over 100 members), however, it works flawlessly for individual activities and for most conferences.
Read Hassan Siddiqui's full review
Ammar Aldaffaie | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zoom for conference calls because it is great for screen sharing and video calls. We have users all over the world and Zoom connects everyone together without the need to install any heavyweight software since you can launch it from the browser. I do a lot of online meetings with other developers who work remotely. It is mostly used by the technology department.
  • I love that it is very lightweight and can be launched from the browser.
  • Amazing video and audio quality even when the internet is not so fast, or in case you are on VPN, it still works.
  • Love the screen sharing option and you can give control to someone else to solve a problem.
  • I love the sharing option but it will be nice if it could allow multi sharing.
  • The free version only allows a limited 40-minute meeting. I wish that could be up to 1 hour.
  • It is a bit pricy and the chat is very basic and can use some design improvement.
I love Zoom. I think it is awesome if you need software for online meetings and conference calls. Zoom is an amazing option. I recommend you try the free version then you can upgrade to the paid version if you need unlimited calls. The users who join your meeting can join free, it is very lightweight, and will work for anyone.
Never used Zoom Rooms.
Read Ammar Aldaffaie's full review
Zoom is leveraged across my organization to provide video conferencing, online meetings and chat for remote collaboration. Zoom has helped to streamline communication across different organizations and business units at my company by having an effective tool that provides excellent audio and video quality and is leveraged enterprise-wide.
  • Zoom is very easy to use and the platform is simple to set-up and leverage for first-time users.
  • It is easy to share content wirelessly from my device when presenting meetings.
  • The audio and video quality is exceptional during large conference calls.
  • The mobile app lacks some of the functionality and usability of the primary software tool.
Zoom is well suited to almost any instance where online meetings and video conferencing is needed, particularly when scheduling online meetings with first-time users who are new to the platform and need easy sign-up to join. Zoom is perfect for instances where you need to share content wirelessly from your laptop when presenting meetings. Moreover, the chat function and additional feature also make this a versatile tool. There are no specific instances I can think of where Zoom would be less appropriate.
Yes. I've enjoyed the integrated experience and overall functionality when doing audio/video conferencing and wireless screen sharing. Zoom Rooms versatility has been helpful and I've used it for meetings where all attendees are in the same room/location as well as when remote attendees join from another location.
For coaching and delivering virtual training.
  • One-on-one coaching...better connection.
  • Little problems with security and firewalls.
  • User-friendly.
  • Share documents easily.
  • High-quality video capability.
  • Ability to record easily and send out to participants.
  • Virtual breakouts still challenging.
  • Sometime mic doesn't always connect.
  • Lack of continuity between app and web.
Cost, quality and ease of use.
I don't yet
Zoom is a tool we use to connect remote presenters with our control centre and studio, bring them into a live webcast, or to do a recording with them for a future On-demand webcast. It also allows us to see the content that they are potentially sharing or presenting and include it as part of a live broadcast as well.
  • Voice communications
  • Ease of use
  • Sharing presentation materials
  • Video communication is not the best quality
  • Q&A isn't very intuitive
  • Bit of a clunky UI
Zoom is an excellent collaboration tool when you have multiple people who each need to present to each other or to collaborate over documents that need to be edited or shared with each other. As long as everyone is in the presenter role, it works very well. Zoom is less coherent as a presentation tool when you have an audience involved.
We have not had any experience with Zoom Rooms so far.
To be honest, Earlier we were using Cisco WebEx as a collaboration tool and after 15+ years we noticed WebEx is having fewer features and limitations of VOIP services. We thought to check for different options, tried using GoToMeeting and Zoom. We found Zoom superior. We started with 5 Zoom accounts and received good feedback from all of our stakeholders.
  • Great Audio/Video quality over lower bandwidth.
  • Allows multiple methods to join call, VOIP, Call me, Toll Free and Toll Numbers.
  • Easy to use tool and simplicity helps do meetings better.
  • Various reporting methods also help to identify utilization, effectiveness and MIS presentation for better utilization and allocation of Zoom licenses.
  • Recent security threat with Mac getting affected with an auto camera and meeting join. Zoom should be more proactive on these threats as Zoom has a really bright future. We recommend it to our clients.
  • Zoom support for India.
  • Keep a proactive approach when the OS on various platform upgrades: Mac, Windows, the Zoom versions or desktop and calendar integration tool should be tested for errors and functionality. Sometimes we have seen this need time as we follow with the dev team to rectify some early errors on new versions.
It is suited for current business needs since seemingly everyone needs to stay connected.
Yes we do. We have 5 Zoom rooms setup in the USA location. They are effective too with the integration of various IO devices. it helps to cater the larger audience with the single screen, Audio input and output devices.
Zoom is being used across my entire company. We're a fully distributed organization, so video conferencing is crucial for us to stay in touch and connected. It serves as a way to communicate in a more intimate way-- since we all work remotely, having the video be part of our day-to-day communication is very important for us. We also use it for external communication with partners.
  • Video conferencing for both small and large groups.
  • Seamless recording of meetings and storage of recorded files.
  • Accessing Zoom meetings is very easy across platforms (mobile, desktop, etc.) and via phone too.
  • Have technical issues with my desktop Zoom regardless of internet speed.
  • The UI lacks the modern, shiny feel that lots of technology products I trust have.
Zoom is well suited for internal and external meetings.
I was part of a Zoom meeting that used Rooms once. As a participant, it was confusing and clunky. It took us too much time to setup and figure out how to leave the main meeting to get into the room, get back into the main meeting, etc.
We use Zoom with great satisfaction both within our company and with our customers. We manage events in a centralized way and we also deal with directing. Our videoconferencing infrastructure, in addition to Zoom, consists of several "traditional" devices (h323/sip). Thanks to Zoom, we can use either Mac/Windows or these physical devices.
  • Integration with h323 and SIP devices.
  • Easy planning of events.
  • It could use better performances in a Citrix environment.
Zoom is a very easy tool to implement in a company, regardless of the operating system hosted on personal computers. We were happy to see that our main problem (integration with h323/sip devices) has been managed brilliantly. It's more difficult to work in a virtual environment with thin clients, but here the problem is not so much Zoom as the (little) power of the client device.
We are very satisfied with the Zoom Rooms because they allow us to have almost zero connection times from users.
July 31, 2019

Love Zoom

My organization also uses Skype for Business, but I have experience from Zoom in a previous job, and prefer the functionality and interface. I find it specifically useful because I collaborate with other organizations on multiple continents, and prefer Zoom. Right now I am the main user of Zoom in my organization, but I am trying to persuade others to use it too.
  • The screen share function.
  • The annotation function.
  • Controlling settings (e.g. mute).
  • A hands-up and chat function.
  • Automatic record function: I am sometimes deep into a call when I realize I did not press the record function. Having this automatically activated would be better.
Zoom works really well for all users, even in situations of poor connectivity. The additional benefit of being able to dial in via phone or computer makes it very convenient. The mobile app is also very useful for those who cannot access a computer.
I work for an organization that has staff across the country. The people on my immediate team live in 5 different states. Our work requires co-development of projects, initiatives, and long-distance support for our practitioners. This means we need a reliable platform that facilitates video conferencing with multiple people.
  • It has the ability to connect to audio via computer or phone.
  • Zoom has breakout rooms for small group work within larger meetings.
  • It allows for simple screen sharing.
  • I would love to have more options to rearrange participant video screens. It is not always possible to see all participants during a screen share.
Zoom is great for virtual meetings, interactive trainings, webinars, and large group meetings with breakout needs.
Yes. Zoom Rooms is fabulous for hosting small group breakouts within larger meetings. This allows for more inclusive participation in the development of ideas and projects.
We use Zoom for all types of conferencing needs across my team. We do Product Demos frequently and have found Zoom to be the easiest for our customers and prospects (who are outside our organization) to join the call via phone or thru computer without any issues. It is quick and easy. Sound quality/clarity - excellent. This greatly helps create a good impression with our customers. We use it also for our daily calls with the development team.
  • It's a very quick and easy process for invitees to join the call. There are multiple choices for invitees to join the call as well.
  • It's easy for invitees to share their screen.
  • It's very easy for the host to schedule the call. Having the plug-in for Outlook makes it easy to schedule the call.
  • Sound clarity/quality is, again, excellent.
  • I can't think of anything for now. It meets all my needs now.
  • As the admin, looking up the master code for each user for starting the call, the navigation was not intuitive. I had to do multiple clicks to get the needed info.
The majority of our calls are with users who are outside of our organization. So, we had to get a tool that will make it easy for them to join the call and share the screen without having to install a lot of client software. Zoom meets this requirement. I can't think of a scenario where it is not appropriate.
Not yet. We haven't used it yet. We will explore this in the coming weeks.
We are currently using Zoom for meetings since we have coordinators in every county in Hawaii. I am also using Zoom for our monthly training webinars that are offered to the community across the country. Since I live in Kaua’i, I often also use Zoom to have small meetings with my colleagues on Oahu.
  • Reminder emails for monthly webinars.
  • Easy to schedule meetings.
  • Easy to find help when you need it.
  • When sharing your screen sometimes it’s hard to see your options when you have many windows open.
  • I'm not sure if there’s an option to where your chats from meetings are saved to.
It is well suited for us since we and our employees are scattered across the Hawaiian islands. It’s also a great platform for the webinars that we offer.
We do not use Zoom rooms.

High quality audio (577)
High quality video (579)
Low bandwidth requirements (511)
Mobile support (1)
Desktop sharing (573)
Whiteboards (360)
Calendar integration (509)
Meeting initiation (563)
Integrates with social media (219)
Record meetings / events (536)
Slideshows (379)
Live chat (479)
Audience polling (292)
Q&A (331)
User authentication (403)
Participant roles & permissions (452)
Confidential attendee list (315)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors