Reviews (326-350 of 595)
- The audio is good.
- The platform is stable.
- The video is also good.
- It is very easy to get cut off due to the internet.
- Even the internet is not that bad, Zoom can be disconnected, and cannot reconnect by itself.
- We have to log out and log in to re-join the meeting after disconnection.
- Screen sharing
- Easy connectivity
- Visible connectivity amongst my users
- The sound quality could use improvement. It's not perfect. While not bad, I've had better experiences.
- The Mac client and the breach of trust/security is not good. Surprised Zoom allowed this to happen.
- Video calls allow for visual communications.
- Sharing of screens gives control to participants to showcase material on their devices.
- Mobility and flexibility of access across modes and devices.
- Usage of bandwidth could be lower.
- A remote control would be useful!
- Screen does not show participants clearly for the organizer.
- A report on who participated would be extremely useful.
- A report on who participated from where and for how long would also be useful.
- Video calls, best suited.
- For meeting with 2 way communication great.
- Poorly suited for teaching.
- Distance education requiring distance between the camera and the teacher causes the laptop with the camera and microphone on a mounted wheeled table to become an issue in terms of hearing as well as being heard by both sides!
- Teaching to large groups via video conference.
- Hosting large meetings and using an iPad Pro to share screens and draw out plans.
- Run and host podcasts with screen share and record video and audio (good quality).
- Was able to have a Zoom call with two individuals—one in Dubai, the other in Australia—in which the reception was absolutely clear. It was like they were sitting right next to me.
- There needs to be the ability to change the volume of others on the call as to effect the audio on your end only. Often times callers are too loud and the only way for me to get their volume lower is to ask them to turn down the gain on their mics which, in many cases, people do not know how to do that.
- The green screen feature is brilliant but I would like greater ability to touch up hue and saturation of a video feed.
- There have been some issues with windows sticking to one monitor, even after moving them to another monitor, they bounce back to the original monitor the window was on.
- Its a solid application that is consistent and dependable.
- Private as well as group messaging.
- Encryption for our HIPPA requirements.
- Breakout rooms for larger meetings and trainings.
- I have heard of Zoom getting hacked, like programs being developed that spoof Zoom are concerning.
- Good and stable reception of the communication
- Screen sharing
- REGULARLY I have problems with participants not being able to get into the meeting. They receive an error message that the host is NOT present. Real pain.
- Downloading recording meetings is tricky. It is not intuitive to direct where the file should be saved as I can be accessing Zoom from different computers.
- Super easy to use
- Fewer dropped calls
- Easy to add meeting links in Outlook
- Difficult to access meetings from the main meeting panel, using the link is so much easier.
- Recording of the meeting can take a while to compress/download.
- Slick UI
- Easy to Use
- Works on many devies.
- Some features need refining (Zoom Phone, External Call Management, i.e. Zoom Rooms getting spam calls).
- Beta UK Numbers would be nice to have pushed out.
- Scheduling on behalf of others has been tough to implement but sounds like its going in the right direction.
- Easy to use with a minimal learning curve.
- Powerful remote administration options for enterprise users.
- High quality video and audio when meeting.
- Need more granular administrative options such as selectively disabling/enabling call me/out features.
- Would like more branding options/white labeling for enterprise-level organizations.
- Ease of use.
- Breakouts assignments pre-loaded from Excel.
- Adding a timer/countdown timer for when we do 2 minute report-outs.
- More ability to customize the instructions for logging into a zoom meeting - the links don't work for your organization and only confuse new users.
- Easy to set up and use. The entire software is intuitive to use.
- Zoom support/chat feature has answered many questions for me. they are super helpful.
- Zoom webinars allow for anonymous participation - so no one can tell if there are 2 or 200 people in your webinar.
- Allow email invitations to go out right from the software.
- More customization offers available in the reminder emails.
- The interface is excellent: the clean design is appreciated, but the intuitive placement of buttons and well-designed tooltips/button labels lead to a fantastic, painless user experience.
- Keyboard/Mouse access is tremendously useful! This allows our IT department to do things like entering admin passwords to authorize the installation of new software or changes to settings, which would otherwise necessitate an in-person visit or entrusting staff with admin passwords
- Call quality has always been crystal-clear, with no dropped words or static/interference, as can happen on some competitor platforms.
- It's EXTREMELY easy to join meetings! There's one single URL to join any meeting, which I've bookmarked, and all that's needed after that is a PIN and you're in -- which is way better than generating unique URLs for each meeting.
- Honestly, I've never had a single issue or sub-optimal experience with this software. It does exactly what it was designed for, exactly as you'd want it to. It's a great product!
- Providing technical support to users who may not have sufficient technical competency to follow in-depth instructions full of technical jargon.
- Demonstrating technical issues to support staff when you don't have the sufficient technical competency to describe in-depth what is happening using the correct technical jargon.
- Teams collaborating across geographies.
- Easy to schedule online meetings particularly from within Outlook.
- Easy to invite additional people into the meeting.
- Integrated audio connection with the ability to dial in to the meeting if no access to the PC
- Can also use the mobile app to view and control remote systems.
- The most important limitation is the inability to reconnect to the remote system after a reboot of the remote system.
- Control access has to be approved by the user on the remote system sharing the screen when multiple users are joined.
- Sometimes the mouse control lags severely and the sessions have to be restarted.
- Saves travel time and costs.
- It allows remote participants to attend meetings and webinars.
- It makes screen sharing easy and accessible.
- Zoom links can be easily lost or misplaced.
- Glitches sometimes make audio inaccessible.
- Very user-friendly and straight-forward to connect, even without an account.
- The connection is almost always good without calls dropping or interruptions.
- Other services, such as recording, are available.
- If Zoom had a private chat feature, so users can send IM, just like Skype for Business, then it would be perfect.
- Would be great if the IM can be global, so that it's not restricted to people in the same organization.
- It's difficult to come up with another point, but if Zoom could send offline messages to users, then this will make Zoom complete.
Zoom is not suited for sending instant messages or emails, but it would be great if they could also develop some kind of feature to address this. It is also not a SharePoint site to deposit material or a Google Doc/Sheet tool to collaborate on documents.
- Greater intimacy with clients
- Improved communication and understanding
- More opportunities for collaboration
- Security, perceived and actual
- Improved usability in secure environments
- Better instructions for people using the browser version
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.
In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:
Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|